Which side do romance better in video games?

Which side do romance better in video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AV97vfyw4vA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Women are fucking gay

FFX >>>> videogames

Three bump?

Western
Weeb Romances are cringe

This. Even Western "choose your waifu" romances are much superior to the weebshit love stories

I do sex anywere on chair in ceiling roof, over on rock in the sea
Lol u probably never touched sex in your virginity XD

western is all about sex is fucking disgusting

Neither, romance in vidya is always cringey.

Japanese romance
>Spend dozens of hours learning about both characters.
>See them gradually fall for each other,
>Overcome obstacles together or to help each other.
>Loving each other help both individuals become bertter people and overcome their weaknesses.
>Either a very satisfying conclusion, or a moving bittersweet ending.

Western "games":
>A woman walks up to you
>EY BBY WANT SUM FUK
>Cringy sex scene
>Followed by "I am not a slut because muh woman empowerment"
>A guy walks up to you
>EY BBY WANNA BANG
>There is no option to decline because rejecting gay people is discrimination
>Fade to black
>Thank god
>Cringy scene of two guys spooning
>Nothing changes in the story when you bang someone. Both characters keep on in the same retarded way as before they banged.

Thanks western video games.

I mean they do suck dick

Is there anything more autistic than Japanese """""""""writing""""""""""?

Japanese game romance:
>uguuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>t-t-that's not what I meant!
>awkward blushing all around
>awkwardness
>awkward convos
>awkward I fight for my friends
>"Romance" consists of some text saying "they fell in love"

Japanese romance is garbage only weeb fags can enjoy because they are used to simplistic childish anime shit
Normal people (not weeb faggots) find that weird and silly

Games don't do romance well at all.

>A woman walks up to you
>EY BBY WANT SUM FUK

I liked the awkward young love romance in FFX.

you tried way to hard

fpbp

West can't do romance at all, but Japs can't make romance good because they're stuck with their love for stupid anime cliches. At best you have those casual children games that involve farming.

Western, since I can just ignore it all and not be shoehorned into boring cutscenes

>game gives you the option to tell Lulu you want to fuck her
>she laughs and says she finds the prospect interesting
>no opportunity to get with her

What a shame, Lulu and Rikku were so much better than bland, uninteresting Yuna.

you mean

Western games have romance?
The only western game with romance that comes to my mind is Witcher 3.

The entire company of Bioware.

Rikku and Tidus feel like they're basically a couple in the game already.

shyeeeet

youtube.com/watch?v=AV97vfyw4vA

Name one better romance in video games than Xenogears or Trails in the Sky

Romance in vidya is always trash
no exception

Japs, which is surprising since they're just a step above soulless automatons in real life.

>there are people that chose to stay with a toasty roasty over becoming a literal demon king

Japanese since western romance nearly never matter in the actual story or have any real impact in the characters.

fun fact: they actually did animate that sex scene but cut it because they thought pixels doing it was too lewd

jap
theyre about as silly but jap is less pretentious

this
1000x this

They're called dating sims.

post the deleted scene

>answer the questions realistically
>end up miserable and alone

In reality I'd 100% choose K, but most people are going to be a bit of a mix of quirks.

Vincent and carmen were goat. But they were not playable characters so that's probably why

Filename.
Prove me wrong.
343 dogshit doesn't count.

yeah, that was the stupidest shit, I agree. at a certain point it was obviously an alignment system, but that defeats the whole purpose.

i guess western, i don't know too many nip games that do lesbo unless you count VN.

They've both got their issues, but as cheesy as Japanese ones can get they in general tend to actually show the characters bonding more.

>GEt to go to space and fuck alien grills
>btfo both roasties
>miserable and alone
You're a faggot you arr

nier automata

I didn't get the space ending. You have to shoot right down the middle with that one right? If you lean a bit one way or the other you just crash and burn.

is Shadow Hearts, Tales of Vesperia, Valkyrie Chronicles, Lunar 1 and 2, Xenogears, FF8, 9 and 10 a dating sim now? they may not be the best romances of all time but it's by far better than "pick who you want to fuck because it doesn't matter" the most western games do.

>The best VN was made by Sup Forums

>Katawa Shoujo
>better than 999 or VLR

How does it feel to enjoy shitty nip trash?

>Zero Escape series
>Japanese don't give a flying fuck about it
>Americans and Europeans kept it alive
>very Western style
>just happens to be made by a Japanese studio

>Katawa Shoujo
>100% anime style
>100% weeb pandering
>just happens to be made by Americans

seething

Why would you settle for a shitty copy? Just play Jap VNs. Same shit happened with DokiDoki. People claiming that it's one of a kind when it was already done multiple times in the VN genre and they were much better than Doki, but most people just prefer to be ignorant.

Hot take; FFX's romance was only awkward because you played it with awkward western VA's.

>Read jap vn's
>Completely retarded characters and stories
>No human aspect to the characters at all
>Just a means to an end to wank over anime tits but feel like you earned it
woops

what did the absolute retard mean by this

Katawa Shoujo was the 1st VN for most people, especially on this site, so of course they look at it with fond memories and claim that it's the best. For some it was the gateway to visual novels, for others it was just a 1 time thing and they never tried others but still keep acting like they know everything about visual novels. Doki Literature Club was another such case.

you're clearly either shitposting or never played any other vn than ks

Crapawa shitjo is not a game.
Back to your containment you go.

How can you fags play VNs or dating sims and pretend you’re not pathetic manchilds?
There’s a point when you need to take a serious look at your life

What's a normalfag like you doing on this site?

>all VNs are dating sims

You're on Sup Forums, the only difference between "us" and you is that you lack self-awareness.

Japanese

Dam it!
im reinstalling princess trainer again because of you

Difference is that you weeb brainlets have no standards and worship a worthless sub culture to cope with your social awkwardness
If you people weren’t lowlives to begin with you would aim for something better

Read books or something (mangas aren’t books)

>all this projection
Here's your daily dose of (You), user

>ur projecting

Powerful argument

Howdy Sup Forums, my name is Kenichi Smith.

I'm a 27 year old Japanese Toonaholic (Cartoon fan for you foreigners). I draw cartoons and comics on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior American games. (Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty)

I train with my 1911 every day, this superior weapon can shoot straight through steel because it kicks ass, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my gun license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak English fluently, both the Midwestern and the East Coast accents, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about American history and their Constitution, which I follow 100%

When I get my American visa, I am moving to New York to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Nickelodeon or a game designer!

I own several cowboy outfits, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to America, so I can fit in easier. I keep cool to my elders and seniors and speak English as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in America!

>weeb
>mangas
let me guess, you came here during all the political shit

Both are bad to be honest but JRPG Romances have always in my experience felt forced, at least WRPGs let me just skip that shit.

See this guy gets it.

I’ve been on Sup Forums for 9 years although I’ve only browsed Sup Forumseddit for a few years

Neither.

Sounds like a top bloke

Projecting much?

My nigga

I really want to get into this game, but holy shit is it long.

>or Trails in the Sky
I can't, it's perfect

>better yourself
>says the man posting on Sup Forums

Just like most Japanese visual novels and/or rpgs.

The Japanese were just as terrible user.

Rikku sounded like a 12 year old high on sugar.

I despise VNs on technical grounds, but you're literally embarrassing me just by posting.
If I was you, I would kill myself.

this.

romance stories are universally bad because romance is a lie our brains tell us to keep us going as a species. its a tool. dont be a tool.

>Visual novels
>long

As I was saying you have no standards

Sorry for insulting your animu
Go on and fap to your favorite VN to forget about it

There are tons of visual novels that are 50h+ I consider that pretty long.

>my masculinity is so fragile I literally cannot watch anime unless it has manly men acting manly

The East often captures the cinematography aspect better. Their characters tend to have much better physical intimacy. When they kiss, they kiss with passion. When they dance, it's charming. When they sit side by side and stare off at a sunset while the female lead rests her head on the MC's shoulder, you feel the connection between the two. The Japs understand subtlety in this department.
But god help them the moment they open their mouths to talk about how they're feeling.

That said, the West usually does personal interactions and intimate conversations better. It likely has to do with us being able to better connect with Western romances written by Western writers. The dialogue is often more organic and less forced. We understand the flirting, the sexual tension in their voices, the innuendo and the little intimate jabs. These things aren't lost on us the way Japanese romance can be due to social differences.
But visually, the romance often LOOKS awkward as shit, because Western devs are notorious for cutting corners to save time.
Fades to black, bland PG-13 sex scenes that just focus in on random close up sections so you know they're fucking but without showing too much, forced kisses that just look goofy.

>watch anything on that list
>literally worse than MOE UGUU SHIT
I know its a bait image, but seriously, I wish I could kill every fan of death note, literally written by a 5 year old.

>romance
women and soyboys leave this board

Anyone who honestly sees Chief and Cortana as romantically involved is either 12 years old or so in love with Jen Taylor's voice that you're projecting that love into Chief due to his stature as a silent protagonist
Basically, you are a retard

>when the brainlets show up

Most of the VN's I completed are 50h and longer

He was the werewolf from 1, right?

You probably only played KS and DDLC like the other guys in this thread if you don't know that there are longer VNs.

Ya'll a bunch of babbys