Kenichiro Yoshida Says Change Is ‘Urgent’

>People who have worked with Mr Yoshida describe him as blunt and “ruthless” when employees fail to meet targets
>“My first priority will be to finalize our next mid-range corporate plan starting in April, together with our immediate business plan for the fiscal year 2018, and then move ahead swiftly with implementation.
What does this mean for Sony?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_Sport#Sales
nintendoeverything.com/october-2017-npd-top-20-best-selling-games-in-the-u-s/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Their end

Hopefully Sony Pictures will die as they're basically just a shit factory at this point.

It means Sony is about to go into full blown overdrive with "Games as a Service" cancer, microtransactions and god knows what else.
Also it means all the niche stuff like Gran Turismo and their devs Polyphony Digital are getting axed since it was a well known fact that the only reason PD kept getting money and being allowed to do what they want was because Kaz Hirai (Sony's CEO until now) was close friends with Kaz Yamauchi (head of PD) and loved the Gran Turismo games and basically was the only person allowing money to be pumped into PD.

Shit is going to die hard now.

Sony is fucked

Good. Only Jews who can’t part with a cent keep branches of business in hopes of making them profitable later on. Las should have ditched shit like Sony Pictures a long time ago, but he didn’t because he’s a bitchboy too scared to make big boy decisions. Hopefully Yoshida cuts off the useless shit and reinvest the money in the branches that are actually making money.

there no denying sony is a sinking ship, its sad but eventually they'll fade out.

This

>niche stuff like Gran Turismo
Why are Nintendofags so retarded?

Lmao as long as Sony axes their movie division they will be in an insanely good spot.

>GT
>niche
wat

>toddler samefags himself crying wolf for the 10055th time on Sup Forums

The guy is major into downsizing the parts of sony that aren't doing shit.

Which means right now he probably hasn't even looked at the playstation division since it's actually doing well.

He's probably going to start axing game studios next.

Uh huh

dumb toddler

I have a friend that works with Sony. Yoshida according to humours they've heard is the executioner. He comes in and fires people then gives the reins to someone else after. Sony Pictures is definitely getting axed

Somebody's mad

>kills Sony Pictures
>Only Aniplex remain
>Playstation goes full anime as a result
Good timeline

>Gran Turismo
>Niche
Nigger what? It's literally Sony's biggest selling Playstation series

Heard from a rumor that Sony is not satisfied with the billions their game division is making.

Prepare for game division shutting down! Nintendo won!

Stopped reading there

What does this mean for their E3? I can imagine that it'll be a lot less elaborate and possibly shorter.

It means we'll be back to a numbers wanking press conference with movies and TV again.
Get ready for Sony to definitely lose.

This

By the end of 2019, Sony will sell Sony Pictures. I think someone would step in to stop them from selling to Disney, Disney would basically own so much shit.
I think this is mostly on the non-tech stuff, like movies/television bombing. Jumanji was a huge hit, but I am not sure if it could do a sequel and they killed Ghostbusters.

They already announced all their games for the next six years, what could they possibly talk about anyway?

Disney vs Warner Bros

This is the start of the most epic war in the history of Cinema

>No Andrew House
>No Kaz
Oh great, it's going to be Shawn Layden masturbating over muh 80million.

>Game division is actually successful
>They'll go full jew anyway instead of just killing off Sony Pictures

I will never forgive them cancelling Popeye for fucking EMOJIS

Jews don't want to make games, they want to make movies.
There's no hot women to molest in gaming.

>7 Remake
>KH3, with date maybe
>Ghost of Tsushima, most likely 2019 but they've been working on it since 2014 so who knows
>Detroit, date later this year
>Spiderman, date later this year
>TLOU 2 gameplay, date Q1 2019
>Days Gone, who fucking knows. This game is dead because of RDR2 launching in October and TLOU2 early next year
>Medieval remake gameplay
Not sure what else they would have.

>"Hey guys we sold out this many PS4s"
>"Ok here's the third party multiplats we paid for exclusive advertising, please think of them as PS exclusives".
>"PS+ is really doing well with XX% of users, please look forward to the next price increase"

too bad they have Disney giving them money

They just announced the PS4 sale numbers, unless they hit 80 million by E3 I don't think they would do it again. They will say some shit about PS+ though, probably like 30 million subscribers now and an attempt to make PS+ actually good. Games for Gold letting you KEEP the game is absolutely a better deal.

I mean they just announced fucking Mugen Souls for February. I doubt there's any quality control at Sony anymore.

> top of first world problems on both ends
I wished I could get paid lots of cash for getting groped and flirted with by a mediocre looking girl.

PS+ was really good before the PS4 came out. If the PS4 had the same backwards compatibility as the Xbone, it would be a good deal since they gave out alot of good PS3 games in the past.

He sounds alright.

>consumer electronics are an important part of Sony
Jesus Christ Sony has fallen far. Imagine if it was newsworthy for a new Nintendo CEO to say that video games are an important part of their business.

It's amazing how many retards on Sup Forums think they know what they're talking about.

Nintendo is all games and toys while Sony is fucking everything from phones to movies to insurance to games you fucking retard

but their consumer electronics divisions (outside of gaming) are performing the poorest of all, and have been for years

You're probably too young to have lived through this, but Sony used to be synonymous with consumer electronics. Think how weird it would be if ten years from now Apple or Samsung were mostly insurance companies.

Honestly GT is about as niche right now as it has ever been, its no sales juggernaut like Uncharted. Its at 2M sales right now according to >vghcartz which really ain't much given the install base of the PS4 and the legacy of the series.

Game division might be successful at the moment based on sold PS units. But the audience are autistic gamers who are forced to pay for PSN to make full use of their console and actually wait for one or two exclusives within entire generation of a console..

Sony has massive issues within other sectors. They probably will stay in semiconductor and consumer electronic business for a while but that won't necessarily grow or move their company forward in the long run because competition is insane and not sleeping.

Kaz was probably the final CEO they seen such amount of success with he belong to the old heads in the industry, the new CEO has a lot to prove and make his stand.

GTS was a massive flop because it failed to chart on release and only began to movie copies when stores slashed the price down to $30 (And most stores still have it at that price because it wont sell otherwise). It also got snubbed hard by FIA sanctioned competitions like Race Of Champions despite the whole FIA deal. Sim racers really don't like GTS and it's going to take massive investment and massive pots and prices to get a serious e-sports push going. And even then most professional and bigger eSports have talked shit about it and said they would rather concentrate on PCARS 2 or F1.

GT has been eclipsed by Forza really hard. It wasn't bad until this generation, when they decided not to release GT very often and Forza was throwing out games every tear. The spinoff of Forza is why Forza got this huge, people love the open world driving shit. Even as a sim, GT is worse than Forza Moto now.

>Gran Turismo Sport topped the UK all-formats physical sales charts for one week,[42] selling three times as many copies as Forza Motorsport 7. It did the same in Japan[43] and New Zealand, and ranked number 2 in Australia.[44]
>The game reached number 1 in the Japanese download sales charts,[45] number 2 in the European download chart,[46] and number 5 in the US.[47]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_Sport#Sales

>movie
Why?

GT is a franchise, one that isn't niche. The latest game not selling well does not make it niche.

Will we get the sony switch soon?, I hope they use carts too

>Forgot the "Sold less than GT6" part
OK senpai.

You can't get a more powerful chip than the Switch has. A Sony Swap would just make releasing Switch ports a no-brainer for publishers, it would help Nintendo more than it would hurt.

I want sony joycons for the PS4.

>2017 game sold less copies than a game from 2013

the Playswap

>aibo
Is that still a thing?

Now truly a cuckstation.

>t. Xfag projecting his cancer

NO

NOOOOOOOOO

THEY'RE GOING TO GO BIG IN GAAS AND LOSE E3 BECAUSE I SAID SO

They'll probably throw in some 3rd party Jap stuff that's "exclusive" because they know that's usually a crowd pleaser, and a good sign that Spencer's begging session last year failed.

> GT has been eclipsed by Forza
> Forza got huge
So how come the last two haven't even gotten in the top 10 on the NPDs in their launch month?

>implying all the Jap stuff won't be exclusive to the Switch
So(n)yplebs are in for a rude awakening as Nintendo marches back to dominance.

Forza was top 10 in October NPD. GT failed to break the top 10

nintendoeverything.com/october-2017-npd-top-20-best-selling-games-in-the-u-s/

It was also released two weeks earlier. 10th is pretty weak, especially considering the scores it got.

Nintendo has needed a rude awakening for 20+ years, why do you think there was an exodus to PlayStation in the 5th gen?
I mean you just lost Monster Hunter, I shouldn't even have to tell you.

>Gran Turismo
>Niche
I think you don't understand what means niche, my user.

Dude, /x/philes aren't this retarded, trust me.

GT has more life time sales than Halo. lol

Lifetime* I'm tuning off auto correct.

GT has more lifetime sales than any racing franchise except motherfucking Need for Speed.
It's literally the game which opened the car "sim" genre to the planet.

Why are Xbox and Nintendo fags so brain-dead?
I guess they're either 13 or autistic.

The word you're looking for is delusional.
PD will survive a nuclear holocaust

>looking at Sony's IP
Thank God I am not sure Sony is aware at how many fucking IPs they shat during the PS one era some with an interesting concept but shit execution. Hole they bring them back one or another.

>yfw Omega Boost remake is actually possible now.

Japan's studios new games
Much like last gen it seems they are gonna do the farewells to the PS4

Ya know I don't think many people realise that exclusives are like window dressing on a store front. Not what most of us are gonna go for but it draws the customer in, hence why every console that didn't have them failed.

Where's my Sony JP Hunter X Hunter game though?

Sony is going to trying to make a huge thing on mobiles that connect to the playstation via playlink, they hope that with this they'll get casuals and people who dont play games to buy more sony stuff.

Basically wasting their money.

They're gonna buy Platinium Games.

You read it here first.

>A-ANY DAY NOW SONY'S GONNA DIE

Playstation is Sony's biggest moneymaker and current hardware leader in the industry. Until that changes he will probably just let Shawn Layden, Shuhei Yoshida and the new guy do their thing

Nintendo sells Cardboard
Sony sells Metal

I'm guessing Sony will make games based on anime produced by A-1 pictures then?

Wrong. We're getting an Emoji Movie game with an anime art style

Good, I was tired of buying (no)games for the PS4 anyway.

>FranXX mecha game.
Give now.

Sekai Seifuku game pls

PS4 EXCLUSIVE

Maybe, but Andrew House was the one who kept pushing for Single Player games

With him & Kaz gone, i do worry Sony will become another Microsoft & double down on MP, i like my PS4 for the single player games

Disney is being brought by Apple, so that probably won't happen

For how many months this time?

Microsoft should buy them

If the Old Ones can be cute, why not our emojis?

>7 Remake

Cmon man, that shit is not coming out this generation

Good, let them make games and smartphones and ditch the rest

>this post
>directly from a Nintendicksucker's shit spewing mouth
go play with your cardboard, Nintendie

who said Sony pictures was dead...