What does Sup Forums think of this Elf?

What does Sup Forums think of this Elf?

Does any other game have a villain that's as bro tier as Solas?
Does any other game let you fuck the main villain?

Solas did nothing wrong

he's ugly

At least he wasn't Sera.

He's an asshole, but I still like him.

I'll probably try to redeem him, but I'll kill him if he can't stop being a genocidal edgelord.

Are you calling all bald people ugly?

If they look like Solas, yes.

He's more then just bald. His head is gigantic.

He's a smart boi, what can I say?

Solas, have I ever wanted to hear one of your endless explanations? Ever?

Whoaahh the mage in my party betrayed me, wtf

>people who support mages, no questions asked
>literally every game has you get screwed over by a lying, manipulative, mass murdering mage
>don't think about changing outlook

How did Morrigan betray you? A character having her own agenda without sabotaging you is not betrayal. All you had to do was to fuck her like you should have done dozen times before if you played the game correctly.
What Anders did was not actually betrayal directed at you either.
Solas however was at fault for all the bullshit of DA:I and the actual main villain. It's still hard to call it betrayal because he was never one of you to begin with.

Morrigan and Flemeth used you to get an Archdemon's soul, Morrigan grows beyond that, especially if romanced, but she still uses you.

Anders had you literally help him plant a bomb in a church

Solas ripped a hole in the Fade by giving Corypheus his Foci, then manipulated you and your Inquisition to close it while he regained his power rather than owning up. Once he regained his power he plots to murder billions and raises an army to oppose you.

Wait, is he the bad guy in Inquisition?
I never finished it because that game sucked ass.

same thing I think of all elves
Purge

>Morrigan and Flemeth used you to get an Archdemon's soul
That is not betrayal though, it was in line with what you wanted to do anyway, in fact it just made it all easier and avoided that someone had to die.
Also they saved your life. You kinda owed them even if they didn't do it out of good will.

Not really, and yes. Corypheus is the bad guy, Solas just wants to kill everyone.

Manipulation is betrayal to me, she can come to you as a friend, even more, but with the intention of using you for her own needs.

I view that as a betrayal of trust, especially if romanced.

And yeah, sure, Flemeth saved you, but I view that more as a deal with the devil. She did it not from a good heart, but for a need for you to keep her alive by opposing the Blight so she could continue her plans.

Guess it depends on your moral compass if you consider that betrayal, but about DA2 I didn't know that Anders lets you unknowlingly help with his terrorist attack because I never actually finished that game, just saw the allahu akbar memes.

How the fuck are we supposed to kill a guy that can turn people to stone with his eyes and has lived for centuries? I'm interested in how Bioware's going to resolve this.

>Solas just wants to kill everyone
More like "Solas wants to make elves great again, which has the side effect of killing everyone".

The same way you fix everything else. Get a MacGuffin, then hit the bad guy until he falls over.

If he turns people into stone then you just need a golem army because they are already made of stone. What is he gonna do, double-stone them?

Throughout the game I never really thought Solas cared too much for the Elves. I mean they're really no better than humans. I guess he just has guilt for what he's done to them or something.

He does, yes. He considers the past elves from before he sealed away the magic world superior, and that's what he wants to bring back.

His freakishly tiny forehead is what does it for me.

Hang the elves
Race war now

Well, not really. If you don't befriend/romance him, then yes, he hates the new Thedas and doesn't see anything worth in it. He feels sorry for the current elves and dwarves because they are not what they are supposed to be and humans and Qunari are basically just intruders who always fuck shit up with their wars and their Qun.

But if you romance him or even just befriend him, he actually feels very sorry and torn for what he feels he has to do. He tells you everything about his plan and says he hopes you will find a way to stop him, because he finally realized the new Thedas is just as beautiful and worthy of existing as the old one. Mythal is the one pulling the strings, he's just her loyal dog, but if he stops/changes idea, she would come back and finish the job because he has been a soft-hearted weakling. She counted on his desire to fix his mistake, but if that isn't a reason for him to continue anymore, then she's left without a pawn and she would be forced to take things into her hands.