It's still as good as ever

It's still as good as ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8D5TU9I5aHY
polygon.com/2014/3/6/5474722/why-did-irrational-close-bioshock-infinite
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit AI, lame fights, overrated story just because of one great plot twist.
A masterpiece.

nah its a good game nigger

the story was never just about the plot twist, it was about the world they created

Arcadia best level
BEES best plasmid
Chemical thrower best weapon

the developers commentary released in the remastered version is a pretty good watch

BioShock 2 > BioShock 1

Will they ever make a third BioShock game?

Tell me what games you consider to have good AI

With the system shock reboot this series is dead

How can I buy the original? There's only remastered version on Steam.

The plot twist was pretty pseudo intellectual too. One for the Nolan crowd.

It should have ended after the plot twist.

This is the most pseudo intellectual post I've read all day.

i quit at that quest where you had to find a place with a red door or something, why isn't there any indication of where it is do they think i've already memorized the map or something?

Yeah System Shock was rather pseudo-intellectual.

it's included

it includes both versions, I thought the remastered was bad because of the reviews but it ran perfect for me, 0 crashes. maybe the 3 patches helped

What?

System Shock didn’t have the same pretentious so it wasn’t pseudo.

red door? the game has an arrow pointing where to go most of the time too

>Arcadia
>Best Level
That's not how you spell Fort Frolic.
Acadia is pretty cool and bees are best plasmid though

this is true, but for the rest i think it was a pretty good game

So it's a mediocre game that's carried by a good soundtrack and art direction?

And world building.

>tfw too young to remember that the AI wasn't bad for it's era

world building, voice acting, gunplay isn't bad either just gets a bit bullet spongy at the end just like the pacing

I never really liked Bioshock or it's sequels.

I love the game but God damn is the community embarrassing. Look at the comments on any Bioshock video and you're guaranteed to find something winceworthy.

This desu. The gameplay is a chore because you constantly have to switch between plasmids and weapons, bioshock 2 is much better in this regard. The AI is absolutely retarded and spazzes out all the time because of the shit path-finding and animations.
>inb4 they're lunatics they're supposed to be reckless and retarded xD
Poor enemy variety, there's basically splicers with wrenches and guns, and that one guy that teleports which makes him even easier to predict and kill than the regular splicers.

The story truly is overrated.
Muh audio logs forcing me to pause the game/action. The game is already a little slow with all the looting and exploring, I don't need 30+ second audio logs every other minute on top of that. Besides, it's such a lazy way of telling a story and the story is not even that great.

what if they went full on RPG with inventory and such?

game owns if you play it on the hardest difficulty

i had it on 360, so it was capped at 30, but i might retry it on PC now.

Is it just me or does the HD remaster look exactly the same as originals?

Is the System Shock remake ever coming out? It seems like they pulled off the same shit Capcom did with Resident Evil 2 remake.

It looks even worse in places. They took out some of the details, textures and lighting for no reason, textures are a hit or miss. They made so many weird changes for no reason, made the game look uglier for the most part, but slightly better in some levels.

Best girl from best game.

The remake is being done by indie devs.

System shock 3 is being worked on by a team and Spector

excellent taste

youtube.com/watch?v=8D5TU9I5aHY

guarding little sisters to acquire adam was bullshit though

Replayed it only a couple years ago in surround 7680x1440, original version, it's still beautiful even compared to modern games.

to me, it's just another fps

The audiologs fits the gameplay? Record of how the city was before the fall and all. How do you tell the story in a better way?

the subtitle text is too small

reddit

Only girl in worst game

reddit

Bioshock 2 had a multiplayer mode that was populated for around 2 weeks that was actually ok .

It is crime that these monster designs for bioshock will never be used.

Love it, but wish it was a combat lite adventure game instead. Loved the world they created, wanted to explore more than phew phew boom boom.

There's still multiplayer matches.

having played bioshock, prey, and system shock 2 i'd probably rate it ss2>bioshock>prey

i know bioshock is pretty dumbed down from system shock 2 but to be honest the tight corridors and legitimately dangerous enemies (say what you will about bioshock's difficulty but rosies and certain splicers can easily two-shot you with hitscan from real far away, you need some kind of plan especially on higher difficulties) make it feel a lot more shock-y than prey

bioshock infinite basically isn't even a shock game anymore and bioshock 2 is a weird but enjoyable stepchild with far more of a focus on killing over slow exploration and resource management, but at least exploration is still present.

These designs are really good
They had all these ready to go, and what do we get?
2 flavors of big daddies, guy with gun, woman with gun and guy with hook hand.

How can you like SS2 the most while at the same time putting Bioshock above Prey? Prey was as close to SS2 as you could get.

they didn't want to go with the monster style

that's exactly how i'd describe bioshock infinite, funnily enough. the best part of both burial at sea and the base game was where you're initially exploring colombia/rapture at peace. imagine a game you're investigating a massing person in columbia, but rather than immediately getting made and going on a rampage, it's sort of a social-stealth adventure game chock full of paranoia where you have to avoid rousing suspicion from this extremely conservative society while completing your objectives.

Combat could even be present, just rare and impactful.

What they wanted was wrong.

This

They could have at least had splicers with more varied plasmid abilities, all they did was
>stand and shoot
or
>run at you with a wrench
or
>crabwalk on the roof and drop on you

i explained part of it in the post, prey's difficulty is an absolute joke even on nightmare and it isn't very claustrophobic atmosphere-wise.

it really isn't a dream SS2 successor, man. it was considered sort of forgettable because it was sort of forgettable. the plot didn't do a lot that was interesting once you hit the climax. enemies were weak. talos isn't nearly as interesting as you might expect it to be as a setting.

here's what it did well:
>weapon designs (shotgun and handgun are both impactful and nice, gloo cannon is a masterstroke idea)
>exploration, despite talos being IMO not that interesting to imagine and learn about in practice the sheer freedom you get with creative power and item usage is pretty awesome- it's just a shame it's pointless and you have to go back for plot later anyway
>mimics (too bad they're rendered redundant early on like wtf)
>interesting ideas with sense of self and identity, paranoia, the entire opening sequence is great- but it doesn't really amount to anything in the ending

don't forget
>teleports around and throws fireballs

Bioshock was just okay.
It gets a lot of fans only because it's a unique kind of game where you have powers and do shit via FPS.
If there were only other similar games, Bioshock would only have the setting as a plus.
Not really anything much going for it.

Just beat the game for the first time. Whooped the final boss's ass with just the wrench on hard. Is he supposed to be easy or is the wrench over powered?

>"people only like it because it's the only thing doing it"
welcome to like half of videogames

bethesda games are largely regarded to be botchjobs famed for having simplified storytelling, weak combat, and bugs for days but everyone plays them because who the fuck else offers real time action adventure RPGs on bethesda's scale

atlas is a joke, pretty sure i decided to wrench him for my first run too

let's not even get into how on the nose him looking like the statue of atlas, atlas on the cover of atlas shrugged atlas is

>tfw just want another bioshock game with protect the little sister mechanic.

I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a bioshock 3 set in the modern day where all the inhabitants of rapture have degenerated in those monsters.

It's almost like people should make more unique stuff. Really makes you think, don't it?

i mean you could do it

rapture is falling apart in 2 but it's still fucking down there and not everyone died or escaped, clearly

i think 2 was a good ending but i'd be down for the 'soviets invade rapture' thing 2 was initially going to be, that would've been pretty baller

Bioshock runs like shit on pc.

I've always wondered what would've happened to Rapture long after the events of the first two games. How much of it would survive and how much of it would be destroyed. It would eventually be found by the surface and what would happen after that would be interesting. You can imagine surface governments sending people in to investigate just for them to be attacked by incredibly degenerated splicers, and then also recovering some of the technology and research from Rapture and figuring out what exactly happened.

probably wouldn't be a very good game but its still interesting to think about.

>Muh audio logs forcing me to pause the game/action
It doesn't though

never played any of these games but I just started on infinite. people don't like this game? seems pretty fun to me. throwing fireballs and getting pistol headshots is alright with me. Maybe I'll try out the other games

How far you? The last two thirds of the game is utter shite

why would you start on the THIRD game?

Playing Infinite first is the best option. It's the worst Bioshock game but you don't recognise all the faults because you haven't played the better games first. It also means the first two games seem even better when you get around to playing them by comparison of Infinite.

It becomes shit at Finkton.

BioShock 1: terrible gameplay but at least an attempt at creating freedom in how you play
BioShock Infinite: mediocre gameplay but a linear CoD clone

shit franchise

Sorry.

a

The best.

>you have powers and do shit via FPS.

Thanks

If you're a pleb maybe

Will we ever get another Shock game? I seriously doubt System Shock 3 will ever get released.

>Shit AI
Instantly discredited.

Of course the anime fag likes it. You probably wanted to lick their dirty bare feet you perverted rat.

2K said that the franchise wasn't finished.

Yeah System Shock is the Dark Souls of pseudo-intellectualism

It's been so long. But from what I remember the game went through development hell and they had to outsource to salvage it and Levine had a breakdown.

polygon.com/2014/3/6/5474722/why-did-irrational-close-bioshock-infinite

Did they fix the remastered version on steam? Last time I tried to play it it kept crashing and it seemed many others had the same problem

BioShock 2 is better in terms of gameplay and maybe story IMO. Playing as a Big Daddy is fun as hell.

They're remaking SS1 and it looks pretty damn cool if that counts