The worst """RPG""" I have ever played

I played on Death march.
Not even a SINGLE FUCKING TIME in this game I struggled with something.

Everything is so PISS easy.

How do people enjoy this? why not just fucking read a book instead? The story (which is medicore as fuck btw) is everything this game has to offer.

Games are supposed to offer some challenge. The quests in this game don't exist. Quests are supposed to be a challenge and require player's effort to solve. This is just following red footprints and pressing a button at the end. Those aren't fucking quests.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING VIDEO GAME?

The biggest challenge in this game was forcing myself to play it after I saw yet another group of monsters and knew another yawn inducing easy as fuck fight was coming or having to use the witcher senses to auto pilot and let the game finish the quest for me

The game being so easy that it offers 0 challenge is just one of my 100 complaints about it but I won't focus on those because I'd have to write a 10 page essay
but here's some of them
>Character development in this "RPG" is as deep and compelx as that in Wolfenstein New Order or DOOM
>story is medicore as fuck
>combat? HAHAH don't even get me started
>everything in it is a boring filler

You people are really pathetic humans if you consider this the best RPG ever made.

I loved The Witcher 1 btw

Other urls found in this thread:

witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Bitter_Harvest
designer-notes.com/?p=369
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I loved The Witcher 1 btw
So you're a cuck?

It got popular because it came out when game of thrones was still relevant and normies loved the story and cutscenes.
Don't play it for the gameplay or fighting, only if you want an interactive story.

I guess there aren't not enoguh strong minorities and women for your taste

Yet most of your points about TW3 can also be applied to the first game

How did you do death harvest on Death March? Eventually I gave up on that quest and failed it.

it's a fucking barbie video game for boys. that's literally it. it's not even news anymore that this game was pretty meh.

witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Bitter_Harvest

Meant this one.

>Pick all the light attack skills
>Complain about the combat being boring left-click spam bullshit

the story is plagiarised btw, so it doesn't even have that

>Pick all the light attack skills
>Complain about the combat being boring left-click spam bullshit
the new vegas school of rpg thinking.
> pick a viable class/stat/choice
>"hurr durr you retard! no wonder your experience sucks and feels broken, you should've picked the XY one! kek"
fanboys are literally retarded

didn't bother reading the rest

Do you read from bottom to top?

>all i do all day is play video games
>i've gotten quite good at them
>i'll now play a game aimed at a mass market
>oh boy look it's too easy for someone that plays video games all day
And yes, TW3 was a normie oriented product. Not saying it's bad, but it's not TW1.

Not fag-OP, but I`ve had no problems with this quest. The secret is to start it on like 1-2 levels higher than required one.

I agree OP.

Yeah, pretty much agree on all points. I find it really confusing that people who likes RPGs tout this game as some masterpiece when it's such a poor bastardisation of the genre.

Have you tried Skyrim the elder scrolls ? it's a fun game and a better RPG

Nice to see Sup Forums is still contrarian general.

>it's a fun game and a better RPG
this is unironically true in this case

haha, yes !

indeed

>this is unironically true in this case

>samefaging this horrible meme

OP is a faggot

kys weeb

Yeah it's a Telltale-tier adventure with everything else tacked on and meaningless.
Loot? +2 damage on a sword, level locked, 500 million containers with broken ladles and lint
Skills? +2.5% crit chance
Crafting? pointless, you'll never make anything game changing
Alchemy? pointless (make potion once to unlock these miniscule temporary bonuses)
Exploration? Pointless since loot is level scaled, level locked and sucks in the first place
Bad movement model
Bad combat
Horrible leveling mechanics - everything is determined by level. Your skill, your character's skills and inventory are meaningless, everything is dictated by this single number. You can wreck level 5 drowners but level 20 STILL FUCKING DROWNERS will be untouchable to you.

This game sucks as a game.

It's amazing how practically all of what you said is wrong.

I started this game a while ago and am still in the first area but feel unmotivated to continue (just tracked down the griffin's dead mate). Does the game start opening up soon, or should I give it up if I'm not enjoying it much by now?

>look how good I am at videogames
>...also popular games are bad

your still in the prologue/tutorial.

I found it gets better doing the Bloody Baron missions (next main quest).

/thread

Both people who say TW3 is the best and those who say it's the worst RPG they've ever played must be 12 years old casuls.

1 > 3 > 2

you don't get it dood! ;
>Loot? +2 damage on a sword, level locked, 500 million containers with broken ladles and lint
that's awesome! I can pick which sword goes best with my current armor and hairstyle! It's a perfect mechanic to make Geralt look fab without having consequences!
>Skills? +2.5% crit chance
Who cares, the combat animation is so cool! Geralt spinning makes his let down hair swing so stylishly and beautiful! Who cares about stats and builds?
>Crafting? pointless, you'll never make anything game changing
Not true! The best looking armors have to be crafted! Do you want your withcer looking like crap when he talks to npcs? What's wrong with you, do you have no style?
>Alchemy? pointless (make potion once to unlock these minuscule temporary bonuses)
Pointless? Not if you want Geralt to look cool and edgy with veins and shit! He's so intimidating with veins on his face a week old beard and his cat eyes. Awesome character!

kys idiot

>Game gives you option to beat the game easily
>Taking that option somehow means you're playing the game wrong

and what's the hard way to play it then? please, enlighten me.

0/10. But pretty good job, OP. Lots of people taking the bait.

On the off chance that you are actually being serious, you're a liar and a moron.

none of it is wrong

keep shilling your trash game

The open world design is literally ubisoft-tier in its filler and POI spam, and is further destroyed by...

...the loot system, which destroys any incentive for exploration. The weapons you find are worse than witcher gear you obtained 10 levels ago, and you get witcher gear from quests anyway so its not like you have to go hunting for them.
Money holds practically no value whatsoever, and the only loot you find thats useful is alchemy ingredients. Which would be fine if...

...the combat system wasn't so barebones and bland. Throughout your 150+ hour adventure, you use one moveset, 5 bland spells, a crossbow, some bombs and optional potions. The enemy and boss design is so generic and boring though, that using all that hify shit like potions and decoction is pretty much pointless. The biggest strategy is just to mash light attack twice, backhop, and repeat. A large majority of the enemies follow this mentality, and it never truly evolves into anything more meaningful. Why does Djikstra have the same moveset as a wild hunt warrior you fight with Keira?
The game even reskins and recycles enemies in paid DLC, and then dares to call them new ones with new beastiry entries.

The quest design is made for literal braindead children who can't think for themselves. Its obnoxiously yawn inducing because the "investigations" you do are practically you just walking around in circles and spamming X so geralt can shove some more exposition down your throat. It lacks depth, challenge, player activity and more than anything else, longevity. It never evolves into anything more unique or interesting, and it persists through the ENTIRE 150+ hours.

The main quest is basically super mario in poland, where Geralt goes around picking flowers, herding goats and helping every bum under the sun just so he can get the usual message that "nah bro, I don't know shit senpai"

cont

Skellige is wasted potential at best, and the game rushes to its conclusion way too fast after Kaer Morhen. Novigrad and Velen use up a massive portion of time, and the entire point of those areas boils down to "your ciri is in another area that requires you to go through like 20 boring side missions before anything substantial happens"

The story sets up its stakes way too high, and thus makes side content break immersion to a major degree. Theres no reason why Geralt would go around killing nekkers for pennies when the literal end of the world was around the corner.

Speaking of which, the white frost, ciris powers and all of culminating at the same time is some of the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen. Ciri can hop between time and space because "its in her blood lmao" and the white frost is just a prophecy of "dude lmao if it happens we all die lmaooooo"

Then at the end when you defeat Eredin (who is the most bland fucking villain I've ever seen, he has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers in Velen), the white frost just suddenly comes at the same exact time and Ciri defeats it somehow and everythings awesome and then yay the game ends.
Its rushed as fuck and I lost all my interest in caring about the characters during that arc.

HOS is the best content in the game, but it doesn't fix the gameplay gripes. The story is great however and has the only good antagonist in the entire game.

B&W is fine, but again has the same problems with its open world, quest design, enemy design, and even the main quest.

Overall the game doesn't have a single piece of good gameplay, and the only thing that comes close is the boss fight with Dettlaff.
Its worth experiencing because of things completely unrelated to it being a video game. You would get the same exact experience from just watching it on youtube for fucks sake, and even then it would save you money, time and most of all effort since you wouldn't have to wade through boring filler.

It is sad when witcher 3 get called rpg of the decade while that title belongs to fallouts new vegas.

I literally just ordered this game an hour ago

>mfw

I love how impossibly angry this game makes Sup Forums

Don't listen to angry Sup Forumsaggots, enjoy your game user .

Witcher looks like the kind of game that you play for immersion, not for challenge or combat. If you bought it without realizing that, then that's your problem.

>Exploration? Pointless since loot is level scaled, level locked and sucks in the first place
>Horrible leveling mechanics - everything is determined by level. Your skill, your character's skills and inventory are meaningless, everything is dictated by this single number. You can wreck level 5 drowners but level 20 STILL FUCKING DROWNERS will be untouchable to you.
These wer emy biggest issues with the game
>fight skull enemy
>takes forever
>ding once
>now takes 1/10 as long
>any loot you get is shit either way, it's not even worth it to tackle high lvl enemies

1 and 2 offered much better immersion than 3 because they were much more dense content wise and didn't suffer from open world padding, also combat system is too easy to cheese, I did some of the Witcher Challenge fights with like 15 levels deficit and didn't even get hit once.

>tackle high lvl enemies
>get high lvl loot
>can't use it

Well that sure was a fruitful exercise.

this is basically the truth, just look at every witcher thread on this board, fashion and dressing up geralt is all they talk about.

The whole rpg part of the game feels very rushed, the most barebones system that allows you to just slap shit into the world without wasting time on handcrafting anything

Don't buy any game brand new. Wait a year or black Friday then buy it. That way if you hate it you won't feel ripped off.

I didn't like dark souls 3 but since I got I used for $5 I didn't care

because people are comparing it to the games it's most similar to
namely sandbox rpg games
compare tw3 to skyrim and tell me with a straight face it's bad

Skyrim is unironically a better game than TW3

>enemies don't scale to you
>loot does

In what world is this fair or even makes sense?

>never fought the jinn boss
You can call any game easy if you just ignore all the challenging parts

I've been trying to do the tracking quests without the Batman vision. Like when you had to find the goat in the forest, there are visible footprints but they are quite hard to see. I don't know if it really made it any more fun though

>I played on Death march.
>Not even a SINGLE FUCKING TIME in this game I struggled with something.

Don't need to read the rest. You were probably always 5 levels above the required quest level or only played it for an hour. Kys faggot.

Their shortcomings are pretty similar in some ways. Skyrim has the quest compass, this one has quest markers and Batman vision. Both games have lackluster combat, but in different ways. Neither game has very exciting exploration due to the things you can find being pretty meaningless. I really like the scenery in W3 but when I run around, I don't come across very much interesting stuff which is a shame

Read designer-notes.com/?p=369
If you've let your game become that, you've failed designing it.

ok

how did you get past the DLC cave with the big fucker that slows the frame rate to about 5?

Kite some monsters over to the guards and go head off the other ones in the forest.