Now that the dust has settled, how is it?

Now that the dust has settled, how is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LDPjcJ50MX0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dunno it's not on PC yet

excellent

Wonderful, God damn I love it. Only genuinely major complaint is how fucking awful some of Nigger's hitboxes are. Not quite FU bad, but I dont appreciate this cunt winding up for a punch and hitting me while I'm between his back legs. Also as far as I'm aware his ultimate attack is just one long fuck zone no matter how high he is above you

A solid Monster Hunter title, despite having a lot less content than what we're used to these days. (But its still quite a lot vs other games)
It's more newbie friendly. Cuts out a lot of frustrating crap like carrying several picks and bugnets, having to go back to the hub to do a new side mission.
Watching Monsters fight each other is exhilarating. Probably the best part of the game.
And the best part is that multiplayer is so easy to set up, at least on PS4 it is vs the 3DS or WiiU. Works pretty well once you get used to the intricacies they have put in place. I love the Clan and SOS system.
Makes it easy for me to find my brother and join him in quests and expeditions. The large maps are great too.
I was naysaying it for a while because I was worried the "core" of monhun would be lost, but under the shiny skin its still there.

Fantastic. I can't stop playing it. Even for it being more normie friendly it is so much fucking fun

I've been playing since Freedom Unite and I can tell you this is easily the best one. There's so many quality of life changes, like quick gathering and auto crafting when you grab herbs that it let's you focus on crafting and hunting more. My only gripe is there's no pause and the colors seemed washed out.

But, I'm very happy to have a MH game on a home console.

when

>now that the dust has settled

No it hasn't. All of the DLC isn't out yet.

goty already

Better in some ways but worse in others. Weapons feel pretty good but a lot of the new monsters feel unimaginative. Instead of sneaky spiders and gooey gigginox we get a bunch of iguanas.
No loading between zones is nice but its not really "open world" since monsters still stick to particular zones.
Inventory management is terrible now, you're stuck with a bunch of useless items like the bbq and fishing rod permanently so to switch the square item you gotta go through a bunch of junk, basically forcing you to use the radial menu which isn't as responsive.
Only 4 maps sucks especially since there's no mountain or volcano level, and the variety in the actual maps is basically non-existent outside of ancient forest.
Going back to needing specific items for weapons/armor is odd considering they wanted to make it more accessible, especially for palico items which I'm pretty sure always just used scrap?
Changing traps to instant setup is retarded, removes any strategy from using them
Tracking monsters using their tracks is cool but scoutflies homing in like a gps after you find 2 footprints is silly, should be a hotter/colder system

I dunno, I like it but I'm not sure who the target audience for this is. Hardcore monhun fans are gonna be annoyed by a lot of the changes and newcomers are going to be annoyed by a lot of the things they didn't decide to change

Same ol with less classic mh charm

And it won't be for a while.
Is this your first monster Hunter?

How many times will the fucking dust settle?

You're a fucking idiot.

Wow you showed me

Good but has a lot of problems like monster variety and the shit story being forced on you

>You're a fucking idiot
>I won't tell you why though

Hated 3U, got wuickly bored by 4U, should ai even bother with World?

G O T Y
O
T
Y

No

ITS BEEN A WEEK

POST HUNTERS

It's simply "good" to say the least. It's literally still the same 2 hit combo button mashing uninspired combat. No real combos. Every weapon is this way besides the projectile weapons.

You button mashing your 2 hit button mash until you get knocked down. The monster does its thing. You dodge. Then back to your same repeated 2 hit button mash until the faggot monster runs away. Literally wash rinse and repeat and here you have your Monster Hunter World experience.

Want to play online with people? The monster's health will get beefed up beyond capacity and you will spend triple times as long doing the same repetition as stated above. But hey, at least you get a few shiny new materials that you get to convert into a helmet or a pair of socks amirite?

>game called "Monster Hunter"
>doesn't have any monsters, only boring dinosaurs

how did they get away with it?

Do you not believe in extraterrestrials?

Game is pretty great, i wish there was more variety in traps and overall a more "hunting" feel.
hit High Rank this morning.

>don't have enough unique content
>artificially extend the content you do have by adding timers, tons of HP, and make them run away so you spend half your time running around
>players eat it up and defend it

Really fun. First game in ages I actually enjoyed playing and look forward to coming home from work everyday to play.

remember when nintenkiddies said it wasn't a 'real' monhun and looked for every opportunity to shitpost bout it? funny how now there silent

Help, I can't stop playing tier. Only issue is the lack of content, but free DLC might be able to pad that out by the time PC releases.

This is my first time playing a Monster Hunter game for more than a few hours.
I've reached that uncomfortable point I always tend to reach in vidya where I'm not sure what weapon I want to stick with.
I really like hammer, but I wish it could do tail cuts and I've hit a bit of a roadblock with upgrade mats.

Overall, though, having a lot of fun. I really didn't like MH3D when I played it, and this game seems to have addressed every single issue I had with the game. Just beat Legiana after a whole day's play, so I need a break.

how do timers extend content?

do X activity once
now do X with a 40 min timer
now do X with a 20 min timer

but that doesn't happen

the whole running away shit gripes me so bad. It's so fucking annoying that you have to follow it all the time. It's even worse when you go to the nest as if you're playing someone and they're on a different level to you, the monster will cycle back and forth so no real damage is done. I don't mind the monster limping away being a bitch but it goes on for far too long and it happens too often during a fight.

Why do people still bitch about the fireflies? You could literally drink a pyschoserum and just have it show you on the map what zone the monster is in.

the real way to play monhunt is having multiple playstyles.

Only faggots stick to a main weapon when you got a thousand to choose from.

Paint/psychos showed you where the monster was but it didn't lead you there by the hand, you don't even have to learn the maps, just follow the glowy line

You can say "I think" as much as you like, but your opinion is invalid because the facts you have formed it with are incorrect.
>we get a bunch of iguanas
There's one iguana, What in the world are you even talking about?
>monsters still stick to particular zones.
This was probably true in the tutorial low-rank missions when only one enemy is on the map. In high-rank, grand hunts and expeditions with 3 monsters on the map at once they are aggressive, will pursue you anywhere and like to all gangbang in the same room at once.
>Only 4 maps sucks especially since there's no mountain or volcano level
The fifth map is a volcano. Again...what are you even talking about?

Best baseline game in the series, looking forward to new content and hopefully G-rank. They need to fix some of the hitboxes though, I feel like some monster attack like Odogaron's tail swipe never hit when they look like they should.

I'm having fun with IG

How do I get more sleep herbs? I wanna spam traps on every monster but I can't grow them (and MANY other plants/bugs/etc in my ancient tree). What happened? Am I missing some upgrades to my Tree still? Please tell me I can farm more plants or something. I don't want to have to go on farming expeditions for fucking plants kek. I'm at the end of the game (I think I'm on the last quest now).

Too easy but still great.

Jagras - literal iguana
Girros - slimy lizard
Odogaron - fleshy lizard
Tobo-dakachi - feathery lizard
Anjanath - generic trex
You're seriously saying this is more imaginative than the old monsters?

bing

Ice or paralysis for gl? Not sure how to upgrade it

Is every HR mission just hoping that the B-52 doesn't fly in and carpet bomb the area?

>watching NCPs fight each other is the best part of the game

?

Ice is only effective on some monsters, paralysis is effective on most. Not that it matters much for gunlances.

I still miss the old school games though, where the weapons felt heavier, verticality was nonexistent, and monsters felt like a fucking threat.

>Hoping BROzle doesn't come help you wreck the monsters

Look at this faggot.

If you want to be alone and solo hunt because you're some sissy three-dollar bill cakeboy who plays (singular) Monster Hunter, then bring some poop with you because you're so shit you ought as well fling it at the monsters and hope they leave you on easymode.

I'm High Rank now, but I liked this look when I was rocking it. Wish the HR bug helms had better skills but I'm probably gonna wear them anyway because it's more important to look cool than do 5% more damage.

Just use three different weapons, user.
Pick one ranged option, one heavy hitter, and one fast weapon.
I use Hammer, LBG, and SnS.

Even then, you can get tails as rewards from Investigations. Do those.

>doing the Rotten Vale assignment to find Zora Magdaros
>taking my time, unlocking all the segments of the map, assuming this is another expedition since I didn't go everywhere on the first run through
>get to the bit where you have to fight Odogaron
>happen to glance at the top left of the screen, notice the timer at just under 20 minutes left
>mfw
>OH SHIT OH SHIT PANIC MODE
>proceed to utterly fucking annihilate Odogaron on my first fight with him, with my Lance, with time to spare

HOLY SHIT I love the Lance. Or this game might be a bit too easy. Or both. Either way I'm having fun.

You absolutely can grow sleep herbs on your tree, you just need more upgrades.

Tree can grow basically fucking everything. I've grown all the shit for traps (outside of trap box) so I have 100 of each trap and like 1000 Tranq bombs.

Low Rank in its entirety is easymode tutorial. High Rank is where shit starts beefing up, and even then, the game is still a bit easier than previous ones due to a lot of QoL changes and the fact you can control the camera without claw-gripping.

Not that amazing.
Too little content, maps too big, HUD is a mess and minimap sucks ass, monsters do nothing but run away constantly and you can't always stop it with the red slinger drops.

The online mode is the worst offender though. It's by far the worst online system they have ever had period.

Most new monsters are just remakes of previous monsters on the same skeletons. Almost all wyverns too. Not a lot of variety there.

Verdict is that I am enjoying my time with it, but I'd rather have gotten an actually great MH like 4U in HD. Hopefully the G rank expansion will fix some of the problems this game has right now, though I'm doubtful.
And they absolutely need to rework their online holy fuck. Might be better on the PC cause people will at least talk there using their keyboards.

Why is sword and shield so fun now? i always thought it was too basic and never used it, now its my go to weapon

Buy a real console fucking nerd

Wich ammo type are you using?

im looking for armor sets online to see if there are any cool sets for ranged weapon users. Did they remove them and incorporate them onto regular armor?

MonHun was never hard, just tedious. We were 100%ing these games at 13, user.

I guess, and I am looking forward to HR. I'm just a little surprised at how well I did considering I'd never fought him before.
Lance's counter and perfect/power guard is THE SHIT.

I've been co-op'ing with bros for the last 70 hours of my game time and the online hasn't given me a problem once. I've responded to over 20 different SoS flares and hopped into Squad sessions, created my own sessions, and matchmade plenty. The online is fucking great on Ps4, I don't know what you're on.

Lance's guard is the shit and will carry you through high rank if you're good with it. There's only a few moves that can hit you through it and when they do, it feels like total bullshit, as many of said moves are also very hard hitting and might just one-shot you.

I don't have any friends - should I still buy it?

There's one with a set bonus that makes you stagger enemies more with melee hits, making LBG a fucking insane weapon, iirc.

It's good without friends. You get a cat in the game that helps you on solo missions and if you really want to hunt with other people, the online is plenty good.

NINE MONTHS PCNIS

It's fun. I still enjoy ds3 though.

But you can't grow ivy

It's not even that good, fuck off.

I bought Persona 5 instead of this; did I fuck up, b-bros?

Yes.

Sorry, but im used to play MH on 50 fps on n3ds, not gonna eat 30 fps ps4 version.

It's okay.

A lot of they simplifications they made are unwelcome ones, and I hope it's not a trend they continue with.
There's not quite as much content as I'd like, but, more than Tri, so, it's not the worst.
Overall, I hope they use the success as a sign that this type of game can work in the west, not that they need to chop more bits of the MH formula in future.

Nah, P5 > MHW

>I hope they use the success as a sign that this type of game can work in the west
I think they understood that when released games on 3ds.

>30 fps ps4 version.
>this ignorant cuck
It's 60 fps.

Ps4pro friendo

>Waaah they had to make entirely new assets instead of reusing their DS shit for the hundredth time

Eh, I'm okay with World being the first truly new MonHun in awhile.

Not even the pro is 60, it can barely keep constant 40

I don't want to buy another current gen console. And pro is around 40 fps.

>Hasn't played it
2/10, made me reply.

youtube.com/watch?v=LDPjcJ50MX0

Samefag harder

Even a sonygro central like digital foundry says neither of the mid gen consoles can keep stable 40

>Believing what others tell you instead of checking for yourself.
This sheeple.

Sure, consolefag.

>Odogaron - fleshy lizard
>Tobo-dakachi - feathery lizard
You mean a fleshy wolf lizard and a feathery wolf lizard. It's like they more fanged wyverns or something.

Nice Photoshop, PCbro.

Ok buddy

I am not your bro, filth.

>unironically Horizon shit
>a faggot who makes female characters
>likes everything

God, I hate Sony retards so much.

At least you can actually see what a REAL video game is now. Nintendo fans played it for the last 10 years. Have fun, retard.

fucking great. It started off slow and all the cinematics/focus on story turned me off at first, but there are so many other improvements i can look past that. I haven't had this much fun with a new game in a long time.

this, no pc no care

t. only played 2 hours of each monster hunter

>>a faggot who makes female characters
I'll never understand this line of thinking.

how do we communicate to the mh team that fans want insect monsters in the dlc? i've seen a lot of people wishing we had some in this game