As I am finally able to afford a controller (am east european) I am finally pirating Dark Souls

As I am finally able to afford a controller (am east european) I am finally pirating Dark Souls.

What am I in for? Last time I tried to play this with mouse and keyboard and it was a horrible experience. Also what the fuck do you do in this game its just a bunch of areas and no guidance and enmies are OP

in firelink go by the graveyard

I'll address these as I read, ahem
>mouse and keyboard
these controls are a fucking joke across all souls games
>what the fuck do you do in this game
what you do is get the master key as a starting gift and run down the staircase next to the sad looking man
>enemies are op
git gud

(you)

>get the master key
Fuck no. Don’t listen to this nigger OP.

Just play how you want and explore around after you reach firelink shrine. To make actual progress you need to head to the stairs going up on the right.

>eastern european

Should have spent the money on track pants and large, 7% cans of beer

Could've installed DSMousefix for proper K&M but controller is better anyway.

Make sure you install DSFix for better optimization and the option of texture packs (I recommend a hud pack that fixes the text resolution) and Wulf's Connectivity mod so the game actually works.

Also ignore all the advice posted here about where to go first. They want you to run into an impossible wall of git gud from the start and quit frustrated. Explore a bit and you will find the proper starting area.

going through the valley to blighttown to the bell is progress, cunt. op just needs to not be shit at video games

You are in for a treat. Once you get the hang of the combat and movement, you will get more confident in enemy encounters.
The best part about this game is the beautiful interconnected world and thicc atmosphere. It has some qualities of a classic metroid but in 3D.

If you are looking for a quick thrill this game is simply not for you. Play something "fun" instead.

why didn't you just pirate a controller?

>taking retarded shortcuts in an adventure game

What’s the point?

also darks souls 3 is in the humble monthly, boys.

>larp
>derp

m+kb are not a problem, it was more the awful fucking port that is the problem there. there are fixes.

if you played video games before today's hand-holding shit its fine, use your gaming instincts and treat it like older games. intuition, level design, explore, make mistakes, do what feels right.

>If you are looking for a quick thrill this game is simply not for you. Play something "fun" instead.
dark souls babby can't make a post without that elitism seeping in

I tried that shit but somehow it made it even worse

As for the start I know theres a huge ass nigga there that you can actually kill. Then I remember this knight dude that I couldn't kill and also I think skeletons or some shit

I liked the atmosphere and lore about it so this is why I'm giving it another chance

Trust me, install DSFix. If it "makes things worse" you msut be on a toaster, but DSFix actually allows you to properly set graphics up through its text settings. The big mistake is leaving IN GAME ANTIALIASING ON. Turn that shit off and let DSFix handle it.

>dsfix made the game worse

how to tell if you're talking to a sonyshitter

yeah you are right. i guess i meant, that it is not as instantly rewarding as many other games out there. if you take your time to "git gud" it offers a great payoff though, imho at least.

dsfix doesn't make the game worse, I played on a toaster myself and used dsfix to make the resoluton lower to have good fps.

Anyone hyped for the switch port?

no

>(eastern european)

Ej brate!

You're in for a lot of dying, lot of re-visiting same places to unlock doors to go to different areas, possible ragequitting depending on the amount of alcohol you consume on a daily basis, horrible platforming in certain areas, troll messages that guide you to "hidden treasure" when it's actually a trap or just a simple fall down...

tl:dr you're in for a bad time till you get better