Is this going to be good, bad or GotY, Sup Forums?

Is this going to be good, bad or GotY, Sup Forums?

I'm scared, it sounds too good to be true and we all know Ni No Kuni 1 was good but flawed in many ways.

We've got plenty of gameplay footage already.
They clearly improved combat, which was one of the weaker aspects of the first, so I'm expecting "good"

Yeah, the combat seems to be a net improvement, but the RTS segments and overworld chibi exploration are making me scaried.

The fact it has a season pass is also worrying.

>The fact it has a season pass is also worrying.
Why?

I didn't know it had a fucking season pass.

No tragically dead mom, no buy.

Well, it sometimes means they're purposefully leaving some stuff out of the main game to sell the season pass.

For instance, in JRPGs, it often means post-game is pretty much non-existant if you don't own the season pass.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing FOR SURE, I'm just saying it's worrying.

Unfortunately that's becoming the norm for a lot of big Japanese games now. Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy XV, etc.

I'm currently doing Ni No Kuni 1 post game content, decided to finally play through it before this new one comes out.

fucking hate trying to get these god damn scrolls of truth and kaleidostones from goldies, using all the tricks I see online to get golden glims from them by repeatedly getting 'nice' attacks on them then using swaine's special ability, but I've only managed one scroll of truth so far.

I kinda miss the uniformly ghibli visuals from the first game. In any other JRPG, I'd think the chibi on finely detailed world map is pretty good looking, but it means there's much more of a visual contrast between the cutscene and character model/portrait artstyle with the environment that looks completely different.

I love the fairytale world that the first game created, and so far what I've seen of this one looks just as good, with better English voice acting. I know you can just use the Japanese voices, but I thought the English worked way better for the feel of the first game, being like a classic fairytale, but the actual voice acting in the first game let it down.

It's probably going to be good. Not the best thing evar, but enjoyable, light-toned RPG.
>overworld chibi exploration are making me scaried.
You're scared of fucking chibis? What kind of pussy are you?

this is the only JRPG I'm allowing myself to buy this year, despite FFXII just coming out on steam, and FFXV not far off.

can i play it without playing the first game?

I was so bored by the combat at the end of the game that after I got done with the real final boss I just couldn't do the post-game to get the car.

The world was beautiful and I'm glad I played the game, but it holds your hand too much.

"Look, this person is clearly depressed! Why don't you use your (name of the magic) here to heal them?"

It would have been a much better game if you had to figure out each person's problems on your own, with penalties for guessing wrong and rewards for guessing it right.

no, retard, I'm scared that the world exploration has been dumbed down even further, because things seem much closer now that it's chibi.

Probably, the first game has a very complete story and this game features no Ni No Kuni 1 characters, I think. The only connecting factor I know is that one city shares the same name of s Ni No Kuni 1 city, but it remains to be seen if it is actually THE same city.

Reminder that Level.5 never ever made an RPG with a good story or characters.

Also, the lack gameplay (uncut) other then that area where you save the girl is very worrisome. They need to start pumping Previews and good Trailers. This game is so under peoples rader.

You could also take it as a demonstration of confidence in the game potential or as an indication of a high budget that the publisher is searching to recoup or as an indication that the development team was very creative and came up with tons of ideas they couldn't fit into the main game, etc. It's possible that it's nothing more than nickel and diming, but I wouldn't worry about a game's quality solely because it has a season pass.

>Let's make the characters take a more active role in combat
>but also get rid of familiars and replace them with pikmin

they look fun, but I wish we still had familiars too

I'm not sure what to think aswell. I'm hoping "good".

aside from E3 trailers I've not seen much marketing for this game, and not seen much hype from anybody online.

hopefully by the time it gets really close to release people will start to pay some attention to it, cause it looks good and I don't want this series to die, everything about the style of it is too good

Dragon Quest 8 would like to have a word with you

Does the premium edition come with both a steelbook and a standard case? The photo seems misleading.

good characters, uber terrible story

Yuji Horii was the writer and he works for Square.

most steelbook editions in my country also come with the standard case, maybe it's the same for you

US here. The Xenoblade 2 SE is Euroland came with both, but we only got the steelboon.

Looks like a by the numbers JRPG. Not gonna be game of the year. You'll see it in top 10 lists of weeb Youtube channels, but everyone else will forget about it in a week.

you said good story or characters, not good story and good characters

How's the dub? Haven't seen much of the trailers at all in fear of spoilers.

Why are JRPG's art boxes so pretty?

Rememeber that if you don't buy this game Ghibli is gonna close for sure.

Do your duty.

I thought they weren't involved in the project at all?

I thought the dub sounded really good from what I've seen, way better than monotone Oliver

shit, now I want a 1920x1080 wallpaper for NNK2

I've been using the same Tekken 7 one for months

Is monster collecting evolving no longer a main part of the game? If so this game can go fuck itself.

A lot of the post game content is fun, but anything involving rare drops I avoided. Luckily to beat the post game final boss there are no rare drop quests.

i have a bad feeling about this one.

Do we know what the preorder theme looks like already? Does it plays music?

I don't know but I want to fuck the shota

Is it gay to do so? I mean, it's pretty much a girl

Its not gay if it makes my dick hard

user...

Bump