Why is this game fucking popular? It's boring as fuck and the gameplay is just corner camping...

Why is this game fucking popular? It's boring as fuck and the gameplay is just corner camping. Am i missing something or is this shit meme statues like PUBG?

it's for casuals gamers
so it's for Sup Forums

waifus

Shooty bang bang game with a fun gimmick. Also the free updates thing probably draws in more people every few months and not splitting the playerbase into paid/base helps too.

does it matter why other people find it fun? you hate it so someone explaining why they like it wont change your mind about it

It just works

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PEOPLE HAVE HAVING FUN
IT CANT END LIKE THIS

it won't i just want to know why its popular, i honestly don't see any appeal to it

because people think its fun

>i honestly don't see any appeal to it
Because you have bad taste.
Simple as that.

fuck do you mean corner camping, that's why you have drones/breaches

There's the challenge of making a defensible location out of the objective area and defending it using a wide range of tools, and then on the other end it's using the large number of routes and ways into an objective while mitigating risks and working with the gear of your team, combine that with gunplay and traps that can turn a game around in seconds based on a combination of short term and long term skills of aiming and trap placement, and the very detailed sound engine (everything you or the enemy does makes a sound, including even aiming down sights, to some extent)

It's counter-strike after valve killed counter-strike.

its a good game and once you get half decent, it starts making fun
>the gameplay is just corner camping
duh, its a camping simulator. But at the same time it gives the attackers enough tools to deal with it

If you can't deal with campers you're just shit op.

Git gud

don't play it if you don't like it

>after valve killed csgo
>500k active players
>major finals with 2m views across platforms
By killed you mean your ability to play the game?

>Why is this game so popular? I don't get it
>Nearly every post is a variation of "wow fuck off if you don't like it don't play it"

Can anyone say what they enjoy about it in a bit more of an objective way?

don't reply to the thread if you don't like it

Yes, I will not play on matchmaking 24 tick servers.

It scoops up all the players who want a semi' tactical' FPS

A sort of middle ground between the super autistic side like ARMA and the ultra casual like COD and CSGO

It's 64

And there are better competitive services with 124 tick rate which you should be playing.

but i love this thread

>and not splitting the playerbase into paid/base helps too.

This seems like a blatant lie why would you type this? the grind is ridiculous apparently they are reducing season 1 operator prices but that hasnt been implemented yet.

>waaa a teammate yelled at me for not knowing how to play well in this team based game and i got destroyed by a guy who made a murder hole

go back to splatoon kiddo

More strats than call of duty point and shooty
but less autistic (debatable) than arma

It's why I play it.
I want tactical but just want to pick up and play something and get to the point within an hour and without joining communities.

relevant post.

I havent played in months cause Ela ruined the game. It's not fun anymore when everyone runs around with 3 speed bullshit.

Rainbow 6 Siege has a larger grind that Battlefront 2.

CSGO has 64 tick servers and you're downgrading to 60 tick (and overall shittier netcode) with Siege.

>blood splatter
>3 speed already moved away