Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8
youtu.be/_GDH0Ylp7bc?t=362
compete.kotaku.com/burnt-out-smash-pros-are-talking-about-unionizing-1795513509
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>why fighting games are hard for Sup Forums

ftfy

Holy shit im so mad that some retard said something retarded

That top command is honestly the only one I don't know how to do properly.

Only the first input is hard

>waggling arcade sticks
>hard

The fact that they are challenging is what makes them fun. You keep playing and slowly you will see yourself improving. Your rank will get higher and you find yourself beating players that you couldn't beat before. That's the best feeling.

it's just a barrier to entry similar to advanced movement and aiming in fps games. At a certain level things like timing and spatial control and predictive thinking are more important than mechanical input.

Because you play on pad instead of stick

Fighting games are hard because of your toxic masculinity.

Is there a game faster than Melee but at the same time as fun and accessible?
youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8

dude, the console controllers suck for fighters.
i know, since i use them till recently.
for mk9, i dunno.
but for games that require half circle, double quarter circle, and 360 movements....they suck monkey balls.
now the SNES D-pad controller was gdlk!
that D-pad was made by geniuses! even 360 motions like Zangief's piledriver was easy and consistent.
but the sony and xbox controller D-pads are horrid and sooooo not a fighting games best friend...i don't know about gamecube/wii controllers since i've never played those consoles.
the last thing you need is your controller working against you instead of for you.
my recommendation....
save your pennies and get a stick.
not just for mk9....but for any/all your fighters. past, present, and future.
the last thing you need is frustrations from your console's controller misreading your inputs(which it will) and your victory being denied by some direction input misinterpretation.
they don't call console controllers "oven mitt sticks" for nothing. cuz thats how they'll feel like after so many dropped combos. like your playing while wearing mitts.
i.e., no precision and accuracy of input commands!!!!

>cant do it first try
>hard

I used to feel the same way, until I did the tutorial and spent a few hours on a character. Fightan games are fun because they translate time spent practicing into ability at a really good ratio

High skilled smash matches do look impressive, so I can agree that there is a high skillcap, but "hard" sounds like the entry level to do stuff requires a master brain, which is not true.
A game complex game like Hearts of Iron would I consider hard, because at first you are just lost and can't anything get to work at all

sauce me (please)

Are we really using actions per second to determine speed? Because there are countless old school fighting games where you can do frame perfect inputs in 1/60 of a second to pull off infinite combos. There are literally old school fighting games so fast that they surpass human reaction times by your logic. And any single one is more fun than Gaylee. Trash Bros is only accessible because it has Mario and Pikachu on the cover, just like MVC with Spider-Man and Captain America.

At least pretend you have an idea what you're talking about if you're gonna bait.

mad

This could have been a good post up until 'gaylee' and beyond. Shame.

>Smashfag who can't even perform a quarter-circle motion accuses somebody else of being butthurt
What did he mean by this?

what the fuck is any of that mean

Fuck off to /fgg/
99% of Sup Forums don't play fighting games

Accessibility is important in video games. Crazy right?

fighting games wouldn't be fun if they were easy desu senpai

there's no satisfaction in doing something any other shmuck can do

Quarter circle motions aren't difficult. Why do Capcbros and Goobers always pretend their games are challenging? Street Fighter used to be challenging when combos were links and you needed precise timing and execution. Guilty Gear used to be challenging when there was FRCs and Slashback. Persona and KoF have autocombos now and have low skill ceilings.

Smash games don't need unnecessary motions, it's pure fundamentals. That keeps the skill ceiling high while making it fun and accessible towards everybody. Melee > your favorite fighting game no matter how much you keep crying.

>there's no satisfaction in doing something any other shmuck can do

That's a mentality that will hopefully be gone in few years. Stop trying to look for ways where you can prove you're "more of a gamer"

What about jacking off?

>actually playing real time hand breaking simulator in the year 2018

You have no clue what fighting game fundamentals are.

>Somebody who dickrides Melee posts traps
Of fucking course, no wonder you were so assblasted that gay was used as an insult against it.

Stay mad that SF5 and Tekken 7 outperformed Smash at EVO and Namco will win this year again.
The entire point of the post was that quarter circle motions aren't difficult which is what makes it so sad Trash Bros players can't even perform those. It was doubly funny seeing them all bitch about being unable to perform a basic DP motion was pretty hilarious as well when the Ryu DLC dropped.

Melee is only > my favorite fighting game in having more autistic fans. Like you!

>Smashfag has to shit up the thread because he's so insecure about his shitty games being made for casuals in mind and is trying to convince himself Melee won't be dropped from Evo
lol
Anybody remember the inputs for supers in the old school Fatal Fury games? Now those were some hardcore pretzel motions.

t. guy that doesn't even play melee

Spacing, execution, timing. Taking away unnecessary motions and just stripping all the gimmicks away to its bare fundamentals is actually genius. Just like any other fighting game, Smash is about reads and punishing, making sure you press the right buttons, do the right thing at the right time. There's really no reason to be pretentious and overcomplicate fighting games. The neutral game is the most fun and satisfying part of a fight. And bypassing the stupid motions that don't really add anything to the neutral game makes Smash games better. It's just you trying to outplay your opponent without the need to charge or do fireball motions (which aren't even hard to do unless you're 5). There's also no wake-up super or just random super moves in Smash, with players desperately trying to get a lucky hit in. And no annoying super motions to break up the pace of the fight. It's fighting games at its most rawest without all your dumb gimmicks and with the most iconic characters in videogames. That's why Smash is better than your fighting games, and why you're eternally butthurt about it.

Sounds like someone has never participated in competitive sports

Every fucking time this is posted nobody watches the video

Stop judging by the thumbnail!

He says fighting games need complicated inputs to balance moves, that even if you simplified the controls down to the level of Divekick good players would still beat new players, and lastly that learning moves is much easier than actually getting good at fighting games, and if you can't even do that, you will have no chance to get good

Holy fucking shit, every day we have this thread

>Taking away unnecessary motions and just stripping all the gimmicks away to its bare fundamentals is actually genius.

it's called divekick

Notice how the people against Smash are unable to respond with anything intelligent and just use weak ad hominems. They probably don't even play either games. Just shitposters that parrot what Sup Forums tells them to parrot.

Now let's see which posts actually make sense and actually address stuff from the games.
I mean this speaks for itself. Logic and reasoning vs ad hominems. Congrats, you played yourself.

>Spacing, execution, timing. Taking away unnecessary motions and just stripping all the gimmicks away to its bare fundamentals is actually genius.
Yeah. For party games.
>Shit like quarter circles and DPs are unnecessary gimmick motions
Spoken like a true Nintenbro. Enjoy your 5 attacks per character as opposed to shit like Capcom VS SNK or even Mortal Kombat where each character has a massive, versatile moveset of multiple projectiles, throws, normals, supers, modes, etc. that actually keeps the experience fresh.

how can you hold smash up as a paragon of accessibility when to play at a high level, people are literally destroying their hands to keep pace and play effectively? unless we're judging exclusively by "mash with your friends every now and then" level which even then, fighting games are hardly any less accessible than smash.

It's the Z shit that always gets me. I still can't believe people learn to do that shit on command.

>Says I posted ad hominem
>When he's too retarded to figure out I was saying that shit like qcs are extremely basic which is what makes it so sad Smash players complain about
>Trap posting degenerate gay faggot thinking ad hominem applies to subhumans such as him
You're cute.

Not to mention even the creators call it a casual party game. Which it is.

Nobody even had a proper response to the fact arcade fighters allow for far more actions per second than Smash yet you're saying the fighting game players are posting ad hominem? Smash babies are just ignoring whatever is inconvenient to them and posting 10 paragraphs of nothing at a time because they think the longer the post the smarter it is and cherry pick whatever they find easier to respond to and spin in Smash's favor.

I used Andy because his super moves were simple to pull off.

>no wake up supers
>but you can play the ledge and gimp people with a few reads and even if you miss you have positional advantage
>and fox shine is a thing

guess what retard, if you lose to either it's your own fucking fault

the reward for playing for gimps is way higher than the risk, but the reward for a wakeup super isn't great compared to the risk where you eat a fucking massive punish and look like a clown if you get read

The trick is to start by holding forward than just slide down and pretend you're doing a hadoken motion from there.

Smash games are infinitely more satisfying than Divekick though. They stripped away just enough to be accessible while still having actual movesets unlike in Divekick.

>Yeah. For Party games.
No, for all games. You're so bitter about Smash being more successful than your Capcom/MK games that you fail to see how genius it is to have a game all about fundamentals and gimmicks. Gimmicks are for casuals. Fundamentals are for the people who actually love the genre.

>Smash games don't have projectiles, throws, normals
So you just admitted you never even gave Smash a try. Well that was easy, way to invalidate your own opinion.

>supers
Supers are shit. People can wake up with them or randomly use them to get lucky and kill the opponent with how much damage these do. It's not as satisfying as just beating up your enemy to kill him, manually doing all the damage instead of having a dumb cutscene play and take away a lot of health.

can i get an actual response

>Guilty Gear was challenging when there was Slashback.
Literally retarded. You've never once performed a successful Slashback in a match and actually reversal'd off it. Not once. It was a broken parrying system.

t. some scrub didn't learn how to bait DPs and do safe pressure on wakeup

How can you call supers cheap when there are kill setups at 0% in Melee. This is some terrible bait.

You're contradicting yourself pretty hard there bro, you can't say the motions are easy and inconsequential (they are, its a small devotion of time) in the same breath that you say Melee is vastly superior for not having them. Im a GG Fag since X2/Midnight Carnival and Im of the opinion that Rev/Rev2, for example, has already been simplified for quality of life to the maximum extent while maintaining a skill ceiling. Competitive Smash has always been more about exploiting game mechanics in unintended ways to try and make it LIKE an actual fighting game while the developer makes it more and more simplified for its intended audience.

I play the hell out of Smash as a party game and its fucking great as a break with friends, but it's accessibility is exactly the reason it becomes boring and extremely repetitive to play efficiently at high levels, you do want to be doing the same thing every time and the speed that the game moves particularly in Brawl/WiiU is such that you can fuck up without ever being punished too hard. You will never get the same butt clenching anxiety from Smash that you would cranking Guilty Gear/Street Fighter at 2am in an arcade with salary-men who do unthinkable things to your character before you know whats happening.

>No, for all games. You're so bitter about Smash being more successful than your Capcom/MK games
What in the fuck? you're the one who hopped in a thread that didn't involve Smash just to derail it. You're like a Halo fanboy hopping in a Metroid fan asking why anybody cares about it when Halo is infinitely more successful, fuck off Nintenbro. Only one bitter is you. See Also that is the most poorly edited Pepe pic I've ever seen. Nice to see you're a Smash baby, a trap poster, and now a frog poster as well. The cancer just keeps piling on.

If you want to define "unnecessary inputs" as anything that requires more than two buttons then sure, must be fun playing a third person shooter where you can't hold a bumper to aim and then fire with another button or reload unless you run out of ammo. Underage dumbshit.

I didn't say Smash doesn't have those moves, I said it's in greater variety for those games due to their great number of inputs allowing for far expanded depth and moveset options. It's bad enough you outright ignore entire posts or points but now you have shitty reading comprehension as well. Nintendo and Smash Bros truly is the worst of both worlds. Also

>Supers are shit but I'm acting like a series where 8 faggots at once have to hit a party ball with shitty floating physics that randomly spawns is the Citizen Kane of competitive gaming
End your life.

The Z is a fucking horrible way to visualise, use the numbers

Yeah Xrd is simplified to hell and back and still extremely complex. XX Accent Core+ is the best if you ask me, I really miss Slayer's teleport move (not referring to his dash) and the ability to use dust to enhance specials.

>king of spics

>Fighting games are hard.
>Millennial generation.
Can you imagine how shit the following gen will be. Shit playing outside is hard for these cum stains.

It's a really fun series, I've played the shit out of 98 and 13. Really hope the leak about Blue Mary in 14 is legit.

Man I've always wanted to get into fighting games, but I don't own a console and the PC player base is laughably small.

Fighting games have seen a resurgence on Steam lately actually, I suggest looking up games you're interested in on Steamcharts and seeing if any of them managed to get at least 100-200 players a day. It's more than easy enough to get matches in those if they do.

Things I can't do
>Z motion
>QCF
>Whatever the fuck that is at the top

I actively avoid fighting games that utilize more than a quarter-circle

Going back to Accent I would probably fucking vomit at how bad I am, but absolutely it was glorious how razor thin the line you walked could be.

>Suddenly getting out paced, spaced and placed by a Slayer who learned all my tricks as Chipp by the tie breaker round of our first match.
The nips are fucking brutal at this game, Im glad I moved back to Australia where the standards are rock bottom.

Yeah, but wouldn't those 100-200 players be pros that have 1k hours or more? Also, I don't even know with which game to start.

>Smashfags.
>Smell like shit and piss.
>Shit in pools and fountains during their own finals at CEO.
>Molest their own community organizers.
>Pack 15 autists into hotel rooms for events and sleep on the floor like transients.
>Steal everything in sight; literally worse then the FGC, a community full of actual niggers.
>Have a nasty funk of turds and urine.
>University libraries known to label Smash weeklies as "Stinky Time", where adult Smash players are actively avoided for a stern refusal to wash their clothing, shower, or wear deodorant.
>Complain about station count despite requiring CRTs.
>Pros are "stink-divas" that expect special treatment and require dumb shit like bowls or red M&Ms, SpongeBob SquarePants CRTs for "handwarmies", and other retarded shit.
>Complain about finals time despite being at non-Smash events.
>Top players take to Twitter to voice concerns instead of discussing it with TOs behind closed doors like adults.
>Have an awful funk of pee and poo.
>For some reason, develop their own vocabulary of existing fighting game terms.
>Have the most boring Grand Finals at Evo in years where some spaz rolled around on the floor at the end.

I actually do find it pretty frustrating. No, none of those inputs are hard and mastering comboes is fine. I do actually hate those iputs move your character around. There are triggers and bumpers - just make special moves use right stick.

it doesn't matter how many falsehoods you try to spread about the smash community, we still dominate the FGC.

The only thing that's hard is the timing. I could never get the hang of charge characters in Street Fighter. So I always played Sakura. But in something like Mortal Kombat I could just get a combo going and do the juggling easily.

Nothing wrong wish mashing

Damn

You'll get your ass beaten regardless if you're new. It takes a bit of work but eventually you'll win more than you lose. It's good to check steam communities for other newbies as well as ask in their forums if any of them would be down to teach a newbie techniques. As far as accessible games go
>Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 has a very nice tutorial mode and training that keeps it short and sweet plus is fairly active and has some new blood lately due to people discovering Arcsys
>Dragon Ball Fighterz is ultra casualized to the point of having autocombos, some Shenron party game ass mechanic and not even having DP motions plus plenty of newbies
>Street Fighter 5 lets you map shortcuts such as V-trigger activation, v-skill, shortcut for double/triple punch/kick, etc and it's actually super fun as of Arcade Edition since Capcom got their shit together with it
>Tekken 7 feels slower than the older Tekkens and has sample combos in the moveset
MVCI tried to go for a casual friendly route but it's shit and dead. Even UMVC3 would be a better choice and that's a pretty hard game to even learn the basics of. I guess try emulating some Neo Geo fighters and try getting the hang of them, Fightcade has a lot of classic fighting games that are playable with online co-op for free if you don't mind playing older games but the lag is worse than with Steam games for obvious reasons.

When is this sick fuck going to jail get his ass ravaged by 7 foot tall niggers?

This is why fighting games will always be looked down on

Everything on that list is true except the fountain shitting.

Don't forget they booed Guilty Gear at EVO like the immature fucks they are and sabotaged Anime EVO for friendlies they play 24/7 anyway because they're basement dwelling virgins with zero life outside of Nintendo's shitty games.

"Day 1 Evo 2015, Big E and Shinblanka well known TOs were running the DOA5LR Side tournament with some Team Ninja backing. They put up signs and posters on some of the BYOC monitors saying "Reserved for DOA." Big E and Shinblanka then left to get the setups. Then not even an hour later every single poster and sign was torn down, actually torn down not just removed, and those setups were taken by Smash 4 players doing free for alls. EXTREMELY disrepectful, not even asking. Big E prolly didn't want to start a scene, even though he could easily chew out the entire Smash 4 community, to get the setups back but the tournament got delayed till Day 2 and the AnimEvo guys gave up their assigned square of tables so Team Ninja could have their DOA tournament. Props to them stepping up, I know neither the DOA community and AnimEvo were happy about it.

I'm positive it was casuals who didn't know any better because they were doing free for alls and Big E didn't do anything to them but its not a good look."

Yeah that's why the biggest FGC events like Combo Breaker and Evo have SF5 on top and Capcom Cup got on ESPN right? Now that Namco has their shit together again they're back on top of you faggots again.

Sakura always was the best Street Fighter girl. I literally bought SF5AE solely for her.

People fuck up the Z motion input 99% of the time by just being imprecise with a shitty gamepad. Just know that when you get it, you'll really have it down on an arcade stick

Quarter Circle back and Z can is done without taking your finger off the stick and you can start imputting the movements during the animation of a previous attack so you finish it at the right moment, combos are more instinct and muscle memory and you will start to remember what the best mixups are. Yeah you do need to be fast to chain attacks but most fightin games want to make payoff nipple hardening so at the cost of meter or some gauge or bar theres shit like roman cancels, perfect blocks, counters, reversals, regular cancels and lag/frame allowance to give you heaps of possible options.

Top just looks like a charged thing, you hold it down for a long as you can before do the rest of the input or get punished.

Once you have the mechanics and combos down on a character you can rape anyone who hasnt, then its time to really get good and start shaving frames off those combos and outplaying someone smarter than you.

Thank god for fighting games, the last bastion

BIIIIOOOONNNIIIICCCCC
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM
youtu.be/_GDH0Ylp7bc?t=362

Things need to be react-able and punishable, you can input as fast as you can physically move your finger which is fine

I dont even understand how Zfighter works without some kind of Burst. Can you KO with one combo assuming you dont whiff?

To be fair some fighting games are stricter with inputs than other. Compare how smooth KoF98 is to how fucking stiff SFA3 is. I can pull off supers in KoF or Guilty Gear perfectly but never in SFA3

>outplay opponent for 90% of the match
>he gets one hit in and wins because he plays the broken OP character with insanely easy combos strings

ToDs exist in that game, but all the ones I've seen so far require specific conditions to work, it's not like Marvel 3 where you land one hit anywhere on the screen and the combo can kill.

Actually, no it isn't.

>Smash games don't need unnecessary motions
what are you talking about lmao, playing Melee is a one time ticket to early arthritis you have to do so many motions

Literal Soyboy.

Not really. You need like full meter to kill and good starters/positioning.

I just mean can you juggle someone and combo into reversals in such a way that your opponent is never able to block. Without a way to burst is there like iframes on the drop to give you a chance?

I really dont mind ToDs for that extra spicy humiliation on scrubs while being never really relevant to the competitive scene

>fuck the FGC
>fuck other fighting games
>but please still let us be part of the community we're a fighting game too
why do so many smash players hold this mindset

Ive seen/done some heinous shit with Cell so far. People must just be trying to attack immediately into a reversal or super because they just eat it all.

if you mean can you constantly do resets, I suppose you could. I haven't seen anyone try to abuse them yet, but any reset will always give your opponent a chance to block.

>people not blocking at all
>people not switching characters/using assists
>people sending me rude messages for abusing regen and zoning

They want to surpass the FGC yet have to live off its events to stay relevant. They bite the very hand that feeds them like mad dogs. And even then the entire collective FGC can't even compare remotely to shit like DotA or LoL yet Smashfags act like they deserve unions and breaks because they don't want to go out and play to keep their ranks up.

compete.kotaku.com/burnt-out-smash-pros-are-talking-about-unionizing-1795513509

>The vast majority of adults perform actual fucking jobs without any breaks in the middle of the year just fine
>Fatass manchildren expect us to feel sorry for them because they don't feel like playing a party game 24/7
Nintendo, not even once.

PS4 slim is $200, user, and you get access to more than just the better community to fighting games.

Cognitive dissonance.
Low self-esteem leads to a superiority complex, but they also want acceptance. This is like when betas say "3D is shit", but would bend over backwards if a 3D girl showed any interest at all.

I hope they do get de-ionized, worst/saltiest fighting community for a casual game.

Would NlNTENDRONES still defend their shitty soulless party game cash-in if it had original characters instead of shitty cardboard cut outs like Mario, Samus, and Link? Legit question. I feel like Smash fans are mindless drones who only care about popularity. They're the gaming equivalent to faggots who acted like Gangam Style was the best song ever.

Literally buffer your movement. Find a combo that allows you to jump forward, and while in mid air, start "charging" before hitting the ground, and once you land, you can already pull off the input since it's already charged.

That's a fate too nice for them. Also
>worst/saltiest community for a game
FTFY

remember when all those top melee players banded together to get privileges like skipping pools and getting private hand warming stations and stuff?

god that was pathetic

You block attack and swap out characters.

This isn't GG, you have 3 fighters.