Who else played this shit?

Who else played this shit?

I did. And DF, MQ, AQW, even that shitty superhero themed one.
Goddamn.

Better question

What went wrong with that company.

>every now and agsin remember AQ
>visit the site
>try and remember old login info/e-mail
>can't remember at all
Should I make a new account?

It's like masturbation for me. It's meaningless and hollow, but when there's nothing to do the flashing lights and pretty pictures keep me occupied a little longer.

I saw the Z-token jewery coming from a mile away, though. Joke's on them, all the grinding means that long after I hit the level and gold cap not only do I have enough to buy anything individual (two if it's not a weapon or armor) thing I want, but all that shit's underleveled anyway.

At this point, the only thing worth saving for is the hope that the giftboxes will give other bloodmage armors and void challenge reward-tier misc. items like the elemental water orb. Because elemental weakness exploitation is simply the most reliable way to kill every ever since they DELIBERATELY made enemies with debuffs to fuck over nerf/status affliction builds, and the only thing that can stand up to cheesy dex/int minmaxed bloodmages are bs damage reducers like the bs wind dragon embodiment in the Dragon Blade quest, and Void level challenge bosses. And that shit's maxed artificial difficulty by design.

The blood ruby rain spell in particular makes a mockery out of battles. Literally over in 4-5 clicks against the average opponent.

But no. Ye gods no, this shit's like a metaphor for the futility of capitalism. You work your ass off for some distant goal and when you finally reach it you find out that there's nothing left to do.

The true evil of the Z-tokens isn't that it buffs you above your level, it's that most of the Z-token shit isn't even as good as the stuff from the really balls-hard mastercraft armor sets.

>Get Blade of Awe
>Don't need any other weapon of its element ever again

>What went wrong

One, they worked out a reliable business model that preys on the attention span of the children and attention spanless blue collar schmoes that play this shit.

Two, a massive fucking loredump nobody has the patience to sit through when every other event is a a cringy early '00s meme reference. And mechanics like the alignment compass/clan shit being quietly ignored once they realised people were going to game them for all they were worth, and that's why Dynamo is the only clan that doesn't have NEGATIVE DEFENCE VALUES from people jumping ship to the winning team.

THIS, HOLY SHIT. Out of sheer jaded boredom and in an attempt to minmax my dragon essence steamrolling arsenal I quested for the chimera set. Ironically the main reason I bought the spear was because of the second and third most borked mechanics in the game:

>Do the Triple Challenge like 30ish times with an armor that hits at least 3 times, guest spell, pet and guardian shield to keep the guest topped up with SP: Every problem except bullshit wind monsters can be drowned in potions
>Get a weapon that can swap between elemental damage types: Proceded to ignore any weapon of comparable ability that can't

The anniversary event loot is easily more valuable than anything you can buy with Z-tokens.

I remember paying for dragonfable membership when I was young. What a waste of 20 quid that was.

I played mechquest and dragonfable in 2007 and AQW in 2008, some of the first PC games i ever played ;v(

I played the ever loving shit out of it, then I remembered emulators existed. Played NES/SNES/VBA games up until I finished HS and was able to afford new console and games.

I remember being able to make a cute female character in those. I loved the rogue's pose.

I don't know if I'm remembering right, but I recall an animation of some cartoon of the same exact art style of these games, in which the only episode I think was there was with some blue girl getting brutally raped by some bane looking guy- and I'm almost certain it was the same artist/animator as this game.

>forgot my guardian account details

Godammit, the biggest wasted potential for AQ is how little rule 34 material came from it. You have a sultry vampire queen present with different designs in at least 3 of the games, a necromancer loli, Warlic's edgy half dragon apprentice and Artix's edgy ex-gf in DF.

And there's almost NO material for any of them.

>not saving that shit in the login screen

It's like they just KNEW that would happen to 90% of accounts

This was over 10 years ago. I've gone through numerous computers since then

>Adventure Quest

What a dumb fucking name

I mean yeah, the whole thing was started by a german manlet and his friend who misspelled his D&D character's class namefucking around with a linear runescape knockoff. That ended with the pet shop owner girl kicking over the princess turned into stone so your generic naive hero boy couldn't kiss her.

Years later, and they've found new ways to be stupid. Ever since the Galactus ripoff every. Fucking. New antagonist is a chuuni cosmic horror that scares the LAST chuuni cosmic horror, until now the current major quest antagonist is literally ENTROPY (all caps deliberate) and they're going full Morrison-style Multiversity by having it fling waves of old shittily animated AQ game enemies at us. That is how dumb the lore is, the shitty animation of the olden days are now canon enemies.

Honestly? I've shit on AQ a lot in this thread but I will say the fact that it got so successful despite being run by people with no goddamn idea what they're doing warms my heart. Just a little.

Who didn't?

used trainers to unlock everything in this without paying back when I was a kid

the thing that killed AQW for me is the absolutely shit looking armors and weapon, the only good ones left are Nulgath and Dage

I've noticed Sup Forums doesn't talk a lot about it. I'm guessing it's because it's among the rare kiddie nostalgie games that people genuinely started disliking before developing an actual emotional investment like runescape or WoW.

I didn't even touch AQW, the fugly chibi characters were a dealbreaker. At least Dragonfable had kaiju dragons and waifus to make up for the tedious walking.

>ywn play another game where a piglet on a stick is one of the better weapons in it

Did they fire Cysero after a while or something? He was the face of the Z-token shilling campaign when DF was starting up, I just realised I haven't seen his character for years now.

remember playing this shit whenever I got banned on runescape for calling someone a fag or whatever

Who didn't is more like it

Welp, just researched out of curiosity and found it for myself. It was one of the artists working on the game, the series goes by "Akumi" and is fairly lewd.

Reminder to dump CHA and LUK because they're worthless in battle and you can cheese stat checks in quests by saving up SP.

And that Paladin is the only relevant class for lategame gameplay, because the defensive buff it grants the class light/darkness shield makes all other light/darkness shields irrelevant.

I really miss when this game was good

I used to spend thousands of hours on this game

its the game that made me love RPGs

Let's talk about guests and pets. Is there anything, anything at all, that they are better for than being healsluts?

>tfw for a while one of the best healing spells in the game was a LITERAL healslut angel you'd summon to give you a smooch (and some HP back)
>tfw it got nerfed to hell after a year or so

RIP Kiss of the Amesha, you were too impure for this world ;_;

This used to have 10000 online players during weekends and average around 4K during the weekdays.

I just checked and now they're barely a hundred players online.

I quit this game after the whole 8 elemental orb lore arc but ended it with a joke by countering the boss with 8 orbs of chickencow you travel 8 times to the past to get.

I followed that story for years only for it to end in massive disappointment

What about the other spinoffs? I abandoned Mechquest ages ago, but is literally everything other than AQ withering into obscurity?