"I wish there were more RPGs like the first two Paper Mario games"

>"I wish there were more RPGs like the first two Paper Mario games"

indiegogo.com/projects/bug-fables-an-exploration-rpg-full-of-bugs-game#/

We are going to fund this game so that we can have an RPG with gameplay like classic Paper Mario, right Sup Forums? By spending just $15, you can get the game once it releases.

>Indie gogo

Lol no even if the campaign fails you wont get your money back. Don't give any money to these conmen.

lol

Dude you can just ask for help if you need your game funded instead of pretending like you're someone else.

I wish this was real.

Me too, but with this campaign, you can get the next best thing.

Much love for Paper Cirno, by the way.

>fixed goal
you are a literal retard you worthless piece of shit

>more shovelware from the /agdg/ pedos
pass

What miniboss would you design Sup Forums?

Hi devs, how red is your ass?

the guy who's making this is from here, he posts a lot in the game dev generals

Sorry I hurt your game marco

>Shilling your indiegogo campaign
Wew lad

I'm not the dev or anyone working on the game.

At least be honest about wanting help. We know you've posted here before.

Also the music still sucks.

Sure you aren't, friend of guy who's confirmed Sup Forumsermin.

>see a game posted on Sup Forums
>it looks cool
>notice that it started its crowdfunding campaign
>make a thread about it
>"LMAO SHILL KYS STOP SHILLING DEV"
fuck you guys, this is why we don't have good games anymore

Good luck

>someone actually pulled out a donation in the last 15 minutes
kek

Anyway, don't shill your kickstarter here. Do it on reddit or other places.
There is no money on Sup Forums.

i am phone banking right now

Wasn't an user plugging this a few months back?

Not cool man. Not cool.

>tfw it won't be funded

Really? Because Tristan has been working really hard to ensure the music is amazing.

>Deleted
Jesus how bad at shilling can you be. Fuck off.

Haha, it's funny because it's self-incriminating. Haha.

MATCH ME

The main characters but with inverted colours

Better an user "shilling" his game than a fucking big company and his fans doing it for free.

It's $15USD to fund the game AND get a copy on release.

Not to mention that if you spend $30USD, then you get TWO copies of the game and the OST for the game.

You can get a copy for your friend and listen to some amazing music composed by Tristan Alric.

Literally Hollow Knight

Tell me dev, do you have plans for Switch release? If you are going to copy Paper Mario, at least publish it in a nintendo console. Don't do a steam release where everyone is going to pirate it

I am waiting passionately for the day that Nintendo releases all of its legacy titles on the Switch. Mmm...

>Sup Forums is stupid enough to fall for this falseflag
remind me never to post here ever

>not teeming with generic paper toads and shyguys

why bother, you can't improve on nu-paper mario's perfection

never post here ever

>fail miserably
>"uhhh falseflag!"

That looks nothing like the first two Paper Mario games. Your settings are a field, a cave and a desert, that's even less imaginative than Sticker Star.

not a fan of the new name
not that "paper bugs" was any good either
same goes for "bee" and other generic as fuck names
combat lacks oomph and attacks look weak
none of the environments look very interesting
also agree about the music

Have you looked at the gameplay, perhaps?

Kids don't have any money

So don't make a kids game

>2 claimed
Wow both your mom AND your dad?

If you are not posting a kickstarter scam made by an overhyped hack loved by every autist then you are a shill.

The guy is a confirmed /agdg/ poster, even though I hate shilling threads this one is still better than those "My time at portia" threads.

You guys remember when they stickied MN9's Kickstarted when it got announced?
lmfao

>Paper Mario 64/TTYD
>exploration
Having a metric fuckton of backtracking does not mean you're exploring.

Hey, the real dev here. I appreciate you trying to help spread the word about our game, but Sup Forums is probably not the best place for it. We've made it a point to only post in the gamedevs threads.

>people can pay to include their shit in the game
How you know the game is going to be cancer.
No self respecting dev would do that.
It's especially very suspicions when the price is low: only $500 for a miniboss, up to 4

more importantly

>indie guys trying to get funding from people, free from greedy publisher hands
>shit on them all day
>"hey guys, did you all buy the newest piece of shit AAA game for $69.99, plus tax, the $40 season pass, complete with lootboxes"
>"of course we did!"
>complain about state of games
>repeat forever

it pisses me off. i fund games i don't even have interest in, because i want to support people making games.

Why would you even try to shill a stupid kickstarter here of all places?

>this is why we don't have good games anymore
Really? We don't get good games anymore because crowdfunding campaigns get threads on Sup Forums?
Do you really think we're that important?

>lots of redditors and neofags lurking
>no account needed

>Have you looked at the gameplay, perhaps?

Yeah there's three abilities in the game. Paper Mario TTYD gave Mario more field moves than your entire game's party put together. Then there was 7-8 partners ontop of that. Not to mention the Bee's ability is just a copy of Koopers' and the Beetle is just Mario's hammer.

What you're offering is barebones version of the original with even less imagination than the game people hated for not being imaginative. People would be better off spending $20 on Sticker Star than $15 on Bug Fables.

>this is why we don't have good games anymore
because devs are greedy, yes, you retard

Don't worry about it, we know you're brotier dev

Hey, eyeballs are eyeballs. I'd love it if anyone were posting about my game. I really really doubt a Sup Forums thread would ever turn someone off of buying a game. No way in hell would it cause a loss of sales overall

This, but the best Sup Forums threads are the ones where the dev says it's him and gives away keys to his game. I don't like kickstarter shills

keep working on the music and put in some cool insects

I don't get why people are being so cynical about this. The game has potential

>furries are doing bugs now
Ruh roh

Haven't been to the Hollow Knight threads, huh

Looks cool but I don't fund any kikestarters period.

Here's hoping it ends up funded (without my money) and actually ends up good.

no user, I said I wish there were more RPGs like Mario & Luigi RPGs

>shitty AGDG fag shilling his game using a faggy article on a site where he regularly shills his game
ebic, simply ebic. maybe instead of posting shit you should finish that game
>fundraising campaign
wew

>have to use steam if I want to use the game I get with 15 bucks
No thanks.
>extra perks like making NPCs or bosses are dirt cheap and already taken for the most part
For what purpose?

this, more games should be steam free without that DRM shit or alteast have a non steam option

There has never been a financially successful game that had no marketing
Devs need to eat, my guy

Devs can eat my ass

no they don't. they live purely on soy.

Looks neat, I might get it when it's done.

It'sl not only the DRM, I don't want that steam vaporware on my computer.

steam IS the DRM

2 hours later and only $15 more? What a load of tightwads.

lemme guess that one nigger with that faggot boomerang kid bought one of these right?

I meant it's not only the DRM component of steam but also stream/valve being a huge piece of shit. Retard.

so you just dont want the DRM and the shittyness that it causes?

You'd think people would figure out how to shill in subtle way by now.

This is the wrong forum, Sup Forums is filled with neets with no money. Shill it on reddit, neogaf or witter

Sorry goy people don't fall for kikescam anymore. How about trying to make a game instead of a quick cash grab?

>Panama

Haha yeah you can fuck off, and if the small chance you aren't shilling and are generally interested in this "project" then don't come crying once your left with nothing and no refunds

>Another Mighty Number 9 / Yooka Laylee

Aping old games is never a good idea. You will just get a "poor pan's Paper Mario" out of something like this. Just make your own shit. It would be okay if this was merely Paper Mario inspired but it's a pretty shameless clone.

Something about the characters bugs (lel) me. They aren't clean enough or something. Messy feel.

am i a dev yet? whats the mminimum amount of promo matrial needed for a kikestarter? how do i con people out of there money? any devs here?

11. Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

While I appreciate the idea for it, I think they need a new art direction and music. The style is fine, but the execution is pretty udnerwhelming.
Like the guys making it are doing it minimalistic because that's how PM was, rather than having an understanding of how a simplified artstyle works, and it ends up looking extremely amateurish, more than the acceptable for a 15-20 bucks game, imo.
Since the core gameplay itself is fine, I don't think it would be that hard to polish and refine the art overall.
Also do get a new music guy or re-do the soundtrack from sratch. This one sounds pretty generic and forgetable. An RPG of all genres is one that needs good memorable music to make each zone, level and encounter something enjoyable.

But that's like, my opinion, man.

> I only like devs when they give me things for free

Yeah being inspired is ok but I don't see much pride in making a pale imitation.

>Bug Fables
>Bee, Beetle, Moth
>Bugaria

S O U L L E S S

Yes?
I can't like something prior to trying it.

There is a demo in the campaign

What the fuck is up with that fixed goal

You can build a house with 20k

Finishing the demo right now. I like it. Better level design than the source material, refined combat, has a hard mode, etc. I hope it gets made.

>You can build a house with 20k
Where do you live, Nigeria?

Kenya, actually

Looks good so far OP. I seen you post in /agdg/ before. I hope you make it, love the art style.

Playing the demo right now, I like it. Pretty fun gameplay and level design. Agree that the music needs some more work tho. I don't think the compositions are bad, but the soundfont used sounds like the most generic midi ever. Using a higher quality soundfont is probably already enough to fix the music.

I wish there were more games like the 3rd paper mario game.

Don't forget 'Steam is killing PC gaming' even thought it's pretty much the only way for indie games to publish and have a lage platform.

The issue is the complete lack of quality control. Not even talking about shit games, but asset flips and the like.