pixiv.net/member.php?id=13450797
twitter.com/cd_1212
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Never Ever.

Hello, beaten POE on POTD twice

Ama me anything about the game

DOS2 is suoerior

Did you like it?

You played with an anime portrait, right?

how do you get that good? I struggle on normal

you stop being bad.

-t 7 potd playtrough completed

Chokepoint

It took some time, but now I like it more than the old IE games. The first playthrough was frustrating, mostly because I didn't understand how everything worked, like, how important accuracy is, and how unimportant maxing might is. Now I love it, and play through on at least hard every few months

I use portraits made from Fire Emblem characters nowadays, but originally I used BG1/2

Gotta learn about optimization, and it's not what you might think. There are a lot of mechanics, so, the best tips I can give are

>All stats are good, but on a character that doesn't care about AoE/Duration effects, you can subtract from int and put in to res at literally 0 loss. Don't max stats on character creation unless you know why you're doing it / How it will affect the game
>Accuracy is the best thing in the game. You need lots of it. Acc is weighed against a defense stat with a d100 roll; If you beat it, you graze. If you beat by 50, you hit, if you beat by 100, you crit. Acc > damage, but I wouldn't stoop to using super low damage weapons like daggers and rapiers just over that
>Shield characters have trouble hitting. Don't use them unless you don't want them to hit. Try 2h, or single 1h characters. Dual wield can work but I don't use it unless a character already has a ton of Acc
>Ranged damage dealers will carry you. Give a rogue or ranger a phat warbow and watch them carry your playthrough.
>All classes are good, but you need to know why. Fighters, rogues, druids are the most straightforward, but Wizards, paladins, rangers are also fairly easy to use.
>Positioning is key; Use choke points. Grabbing some +engagement is a good stat for your frontliners
>Tanks need to be just beefier damage dealers. The best tank IMO is a fighter with estoc or greatsword

thanks

i'm probably not putting in enough effort

I mainly play these games for the story

Okay, I just looked up the accuracy calcs; I was wrong. It's:

>01-15 = Miss
>16-50 = Graze
>51-100 = Hit
>100+ = Critical Hit

I'm ready

These are some enlightening advices. I haven't thought to not use shields on tanks or not dismiss characters without max might.

Ship combat looks messy

Yep, a lot of people will just outright dismiss pallegina on account of her stat balance, when it's actually really good. The unique feats that she has available to her also make her really good after you get her a couple levels.

Which classes did you use?
Which class is your fav?
Did you use story companions or custom ones?

For my first time beating, my party was
>Fighter/Fighter/Druid/Ranger/Rogue/Priest/

My favorite class for my PCs are Fighter, though druid is a fun blaster, and melee clerics have a special place in my heart.

For the main story, I only use Hiravias, Pallegina, and Sagani. I fucking hate all of the other characters, though, the I kind of like the white march companions too.

As an addendum; On my first time beating, I only used sagani, of the story companions. My party was otherwise custom, but, Pallegina/Hiravias have since grown on me.

it looks fucking beautiful

kinda glad we didn't hit the other two ship related stretchgoals t b h.

Pallegina is kind of cute

Was waiting for today's thread tbqh.

Anyhow, ship combat looks like shit. Way too long and repetitive.

I want to use spells in these games but you're given like 10 spells per level and most of them are useless. I also dislike having to use 10 characters, after 3-4 you can't really care for them and don't really have decent gear for them either.

Good talents for a 2 handed melee cipher on potd?
Was thinking
>Biting whip
>Draining whip
>Two handed style
>Weapon Focus adventurer
>Apprentice sneak attack
>Superior Deflection
Not sure what the last two should be

>I want to use spells in these games but you're given like 10 spells per level and most of them are useless
Use the one that aren't
>I also dislike having to use 10 characters
You don't have to
>after 3-4 you can't really care for them
?
>don't really have decent gear for them either.
There's more than enough good gear to outfit a full party

Sagani?!?!? Interesting this is vastly different from how I played the game
Thanks for the answers

Those talents look pretty good.
Maybe the fast running perk.
The bigger focus cap perk is pretty good too.

That doesnt look very good.

>not stacking ten debuffs at a time on your enemies

Those talents look pretty good to me, user. I've never played a Cipher on PotD, but Greater Focus is well worth investing in - it gives you a higher maximum Focus so Biting Whip will work longer, but even better is it gives you a higher minimum Focus so you can cast better at the start of combat.

>larianiggers will defend this

Sagani? to me she was the very definition of bland. Not bad or annoying, just bland. I used Eder, Aloth, Pallegina, Hiravias and Kana, occasionally switching someone for Grieving Mother (bland character too) for the more difficult fights.

Priest by far. Nigga was essential. Besides a tiny Orlan Priest of Berath holding a greatsword while wearing robes looked very funny. Also used story companions, its not like they had a lot of interjections, but it was better than silent bots.

Remember how up to the game's release people were saying how unique, interesting and refreshing it was to have a dwarf that happened to be a hunter?
There's a reason why so many developers just stick to the tried and true archetypes. They just fucking work. Sagani didn't work at all.

The White March expansions added a shitload of magic gear, not to mention the Deadfire DLC. I never sold magic items, even if I didnt use them and by the end of the game my stash had pages and pages of magic shit.

>Maybe the fast running perk
Heh, that's not really the kind of thing I want to blow a talent on
I'll see about getting greater focus, though by the time i get it I fear it won't be that good
Wonder if I should take the regen fighter talent too for a bit more survivability

Also why the fuck are good pollaxe so late in the game?

True. I would choose Kelgar Ironfist from NWN2 over Sagani anyday, even if hes just the archetypal grumpy drunken bro dwarf.

How important is the recovery speed penalty on armors? Honestly I didn't understand it much so I just gave the best plate armors I found to my 2 front runners and gave plain clothings with enchantments slapped on to the rest. I couldn't help feeling retarded selling almost all the armors I found in game..

>Wonder if I should take the regen fighter talent too for a bit more survivability

It works great if you use the shod-in-faith boots on top. Made my 10 CON melee priest much more viable.

This is an accurate recreation of how painfully awkward the sex scenes usually are in tabletop games. Bonus points for two fat guys trying to roleplay lesbian sex

Very important for spellcasters. If your priest cant stack buffs or your cipher cant stack debuffs quickly then they lose their purpose. For DPS its important, but I've seen lots of people advocating for using clothes on melee rogues, but then you to have watch over him all the time like a kid in the park, so I 'd rather give him medium armor. Ranged DPS have an easier time. On tanks just put on the heaviest thing you have.

Veteran's Recovery is definitely great, especially on average-Constitution characters because you don't have to micromanage them as much every time they get scratched.

>Also why the fuck are good pollaxes so late in the game?
Because everyone, including based Sawyer, knows the best weapons are greatswords

Game looks pretty good, but I suspect it's not gonna run very smoothly.

All right, another question: does the accuracy debuff from savage attack applies to the spell you cast?

I honestly have no idea. Sorry, user.

It's gorgeous. Allegedly they cut down loading times quite a bit. There was problem in the first game with slowdown in areas with many npcs, which i guess is why Defiance bay felt so empty despite being described as teeming with refugees, idk if they've found a workaround.

Anyone have any QT portraits?

I guess I'm alone in this, but the ship combat looks sweet to me. Time to plunder.

Well, at least they have newer version of Unity now.
I really hope we don't get PoE-tier loading times.

user, upload the beta somewhere please. :(

No. I paid for it. If you want it pay for it yourself.

I took this from RPG Codex, I don't have the beta myself

youtube.com/watch?v=pi5uPFLqSAw
Sailing video here

Pre-order doesn't give beta access.

Remember not to support the censorship of video gaming.

>Share Coins with Crew
Hahahah they wish.

>Pissing off your crew
There's definitely gonna be a mutiny system

Let them try, I'll just diddle their souls.

>mutiny system
That'd be great.
I could go full Black Sails.

>I could go full Black
Like your mom

Classes and Subclasses

Did you spare a single dragon or archmage?

>Cipher/Fighter or Cipher/Rogue wasn't Soulcutter
Shame.

>Comes out April 3rd

My birthday? Sweet.

what a cute boi

This looks really good. I don't want to even imagine what the guy who had to come up with all of the combo names went through though.

Why haven't we heard any voice acting yet? Suspicious.

Obsidian doesn't have the money for full voice acting on everything

After D:OS 2's success, I can see a realistic unfortunate scenario where they actually waste their budget in going full voice acting looking for the same audience

I prefer greatswords to estocs for Ciphers, (assuming that's why you snagged adventurer). Having two damage types helps make sure you have focus. By endgame I'd be using Abydons Hammer though, so that's not super important. You may also consider App's Sneak Attack and Vet's Recovery.

I wanted pollaxes

Only cRPGs I've played are Divinity OS, and Dragon Age Origins (If that counts anyway).

Its a genre I really think I would enjoy, so what is the first PoE like?
I loved the writing in D:OS, but I want to play something more self serious now. Also is PoE more about the roleplaying or the combat and loot stats? I want to play something that focuses on the former, making choices, branching quests etc.

I just finished the game and it pretty good. The one thing I wonder is what did Sup Forums do with the souls?

PoE is a flawed game but it's probably gonna deliver exactly on what you want. In terms of branching decisions in quests, it's about as good as the Original Sin games, but it's more serious and better written.

Objectively Correct Tier
>Return the souls to the bodies they were intended for.

Justifiable Tier
>Send the souls back into the reincarnation cycle.

Cold Tier
>Distribute the essence to existing souls in Dyrwood to strengthen them.

Evil Tier
>Allow the souls to pass through the vein to Woedica.

Shit Nigger What The Fuck Are You Doing Tier
>Disperse the souls to an unknown location.
>Entropically disintegrate the souls, ending their existence.

Sounds like it is everything I was hoping it is.
Out of curiosity, do you know how much of the writing team can be traced back to Fallout New Vegas?

Oh, and one other thing. Might is less useful for Ciphers than most other classes. Might is additive with Whip, so you get less overall difference per point. Focus on Dex and Per to make sure you can cast quickly after you've built focus and so both your attacks (for focus) and spells (for the effects) hit.

Note that this advice is for starting stat allocation. Obviously when it comes to gearing you want all 3.

Josh Sawyer is responsible for a large part of it, and he was the man behind Fallout New Vegas
Chris Avellone, Eric Fenstermaker and George Ziets worked as writers on both games too.

Shit and incorrect.

You've got Objectively Correct and Cold mixed up, user.

How?

>Entropically disintegrate the souls, ending their existence

The souls were probably corrupted after all that stagnating on the machine and considering the circumstances that they were taken from

Its best to just destroy them for good, the Ryrmgand ending slide even says that they achieve eternal peace

Galawain is the only correct and good choice. Rest are shit, evil or stupid. Or just Wael being Wael.

"Eternal peace" as in non-existent. Fuck that.

Neat. Ive heard the names before so I was curious, FNV is one of my favourite games. But I dont normally pay any attention to dev teams and etc.

>Sacrificing souls that belonged to babies for the sake of the greater good
Fucked up. Galawain is an asshole.

>>Return the souls to the bodies they were intended for.
No way, that'd be shitloads of wichts and half grown bodies with infant's souls. Also it guilt traps all those parents who had to kill there babies. What's gone is gone you have to start anew.

Fuck off, Galawain, and take your heathens with you.

Wonder what Eothas would've asked of you.

>that'd be shitloads of wichts
Wichts continue being Wichts. The souls go elsewhere.
>and half grown bodies with infant's souls
It's shitty, sure, but if a parent kept a baby alive for all this time, then there's nothing wrong with it.
>Also it guilt traps all those parents who had to kill there babies
That's one way of looking at it. But the other way of looking at it is that you're rewarding the parents that kept the babies alive instead of letting them continue their miserable existence taking care of husks.

>fucked up souls in fucked up bodies.
Good idea boss.

I didn't experience this myself (or at least don't remember it), but supposedly there's a quest in the game that implies Galawain loves doing this in general. Having animals that eat souls roaming around fighting for survival and shit like that. Natural selection but with souls added in. Galawain is a real prick.

Eric Fenstermaker wrote the most likable characters in both games
>Fantastic
>Boone
>Veronica
>Eder
>Zahua

Honestly I'd kill my self if l let go of my kid thinking there's no hope then it turns out I was in the wrong. This is Mist tier bleak ending.

We PoEII stream here
cytu_be/r/IkaNagase-Channel
Replace (_) with (.)

Check out our links

steamcommunity.com/id/IkaNagase
twitter.com/IkaKnight_
pixiv.net/member.php?id=8300811
twitter.com/neetballl
pixiv.net/member.php?id=13450797
twitter.com/cd_1212

I can't read moon, so I highly doubt it.

How did you build your melee priest of berath? Always wanted to try one.

>want to use greatswords
>the two good uniques look shit compared to rest
Maybe I should just commit Abydon's hammer.

day 1 pirate thanks keep me posted

funny how in baldurs gate 2. Using two handed swords was superior then daul wielding cause the animation for two handed sword wing was faster.