Favourite Game

ITT we post our favourite game.
To make it more interesting, post one (1) thing you really love about it and one (1) thing you hate about it.
>Game
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>One thing is love
The game's focus on the world, making it the first open world game executed correctly, where it is not about a list of stuff to get done and the world being there only to separate point A from point B. Instead, the game world is something you want to explore and enjoy.
>One thing I hate
Not enough items for the Sheikah Slate. I really love the new powers like Killer Queen and ZA WARUDO, I mean the bombs, time stop, magnet and so on, but I think that some extra items found outside the plateau would have been great. I know that the point is that after you leave the plateau, you should be free to go everywhere, so missing those items would be a problem, but it could have been something like "every shrine that requires this particular upgrade can give it to you the first time you visit it".

Discussing videogames on Sup Forums is highly descouraged.

>Not enough items for the Sheikah Slate
meh, I'm fine with it. What I would want instead is more unique weapons. Something that really reward you for exploring the world. But good pick anyway.

>Game
Dragon's Crown
>One thing I love
6 characters and their own gameplay mecahnics, a lot of boss fight, no bullshit story-driven thing : only gameplay, solo or with friends
>One thing I hate
Too much grind on first hours, it really could have kill the interest in the game on first try.

Enter the Gungeon
>Good thing
I like the ideas and it's more fun than Isaac
>Bad thing
Where the FUCK is my Advanced Gungeons and Dragons update

OP here, nice one man! I played DC with my girlfriend and we didn't even notice the grinding because we were having a lot of fun with it!
Great game all around, I loved the cards mechanic that grants you abilities and loved the designs.
We used Dwarf and Sorceress, it was awesome.

OP here, I'm really considering buying EtG, a friend of mine loved it, but I see mixed reviews online.
Should I go for it?

>game
Dark Souls 2
>one thing I like
Majula's theme, that incredibly nostalgic and comfy feeling you get as you enter this hub.
>one thing I hate
Soul Memory, a very badly thought out system that kinda fucked matchmaking in a game with fun invasions.

I like it a fuck ton because I love the gun aesthetic and enemy designs, plus I like rougelites. Decently challenging as well. Worth the 15 bucks imo

Good good, how's the multiplayer?

Fuck I really can't enjoy DS. I have the first one on PS3 and I had no fun with it, played only because I spent the money on it. Some user suggested me to give it a second go, maybe I'll enjoy it more.

>multiplayer
You say that like I have friends

Sorry man.

Controls are fucking great, everything feels so intuitive

It's too short
The franchise is dead

Maybe you should give it a second go, it's not a game for everyone. I hope you will enjoy it nonetheless

Banjo Kazooie

Game feels very well rounded. Good controls, Good difficulty curve, no padding, good music and graphics for it's time, script is all around good (though humor can feel a little forced at times) I guess that I love the game doesn't ever feel like it has low points

The game really isn't the same during replays, first time you go through it will be your best. Once you know how to get all the jiggies it will feel super short and the feeling of adventure is totally lost

I think it is the combat that felt unsatisfying, because I like the setting very much. Still I'm going to give it another go.

Banjo-Kazooie is LUDO.
Easily the best 3D platformer on the N64. Mario64 was superior in pure platforming terms, but BK was a better game all around. The right amount of collectibles, levels and so on. DK64 was great but TOO many collectibles, they went a bit overboard with them. And I love collectibles.

Not true user, they just put out an infinite runner and a clicker on phones.

Wattam looks boring :(

I've tried it, somehow the controls for something this simple are clunky and there are so many currencies and shit it just put me off

I just want a release date at this point

kotor 2

>the atmosphere and world building is top notch
>the intro is a slog

>Game
Skies of Arcadia
>One thing I love
The feeling of adventure the game gives off. It's hard to put it into words, but when you start off on a small island, jumping to another small island, until you're in the big bad dystopian city state, soon enough you're jumping between desert towns, ice ruins and amazon like villages. Each place being accompanied by different kinds of music that help each place be unique and interesting.
>One thing I hate
Gameplay is slow and encounter rate is awful. They're technically two things but I feel they're pretty much one since the encounter rate leads into the gameplay. Run into an enemy for the 10th time, well shit look at the camera circle round the stage and load in characters, before you can even attempt to run away. If you're lucky enough to run away that is.

How old are you OP? I hope that the next Zelda game will expand on the world and give us actual dungeons and items to use, I would've loved a Hookshot in this game.

>game
bloodborne
>one thing i love
the fact that they replaced shields with firearms for more offensive gameplay.
>one thing i hate
blood vials not refilling, i feel like they did this intentionally to make you feel tension when you use one, but in practice it just adds tediousness and grinding. i've played the game so much that it's not really an issue for me anymore, but it still sucks. and when you go to farm more, you have to sit through two loading screens.

Majula is god-tier, good taste lad.
I really couldn't get into the hub from DaS3 by comparison, or at least I couldn't appreciate it until you get to the...other hub past Champion Gundyr.
Majula has such a nice theme, I liked visiting the cat, I liked the Emerald Herald, the weird pyromancer girl who you can dress up.
The Nexus is still my favorite though.

Mine is also BOTW.
My favorite thing about it is something a lot of people seem to hate: the quests.
There are so many memorable quests in this game, with charming NPCs and unique/interesting situations that you find yourself in.
I loved going to Typhlo Ruins and suddenly things becoming pitch-black, and you need to rely on fire-sources just to see anything.
I loved solving all the sidequests in Kakariko and then having that interesting exchange at the top of the mountain where some guard for Impa's house reveals he was formerly a Yiga member who defected and whose wife was slain by the Yiga.
I really loved all the riddles too, finding the "crown of bone", finding the "white bird on the mountain", all those different brain-teasers really stuck with me.
It really shocks and disappoints me that people are so willing to simplify and discredit these quests just because you get a shrine after you complete them.

One thing I will concede that I dislike is the sharp lack of enemy variety.
I really liked finding camps about 10 hours into the game with Lizals, thinking there was going to be different types of enemies for different regions.
However about 30-40 hours in I noticed it was just "fire lizal", "ice lizal", "electric lizal", and not some regional exclusive enemy type.
A monkey enemy in the jungles would be cool, or taking those Bears and Moose from the arctic areas and making them threatening rather than being so quick to run away.
I think that an Iron Knuckle enemy would have been perfect and really round out the variety, we needed at least one more threat in the world since Lynels, Hinox's, Moldugas and Guardians can be easily killed as soon as you've learned a solid trick to beat them fast.
Having the Iron Knuckle function like in Wind Waker, with the Armor that you cut off to make them more vulnerable, would have been perfect.

Going for 27 this year. I hope too that the next Zelda uses BotW assets and expands on it, there's so much potential.
>Skies of Arcadia
The things you hate is what keeps me from playing it. I like jrpgs, but the encounter rate in that game looks too much even for me.

>Game
New vegas.
>One thing I love
The atmosphere. A lot of people will say 3 had better atmosphere, but I think that's a crock of shit.
I especially love how tense people get near the end when the second battle at hoover dam is closing in. Good shit.
>One thing I hate
The game isn't finished.
Weather you blame it on Bethesda or Obsidian, the game is clearly not completely finished and really could have used a couple extra months in the oven.

>Game
MGSV The Phantom Pain
>Thing I love
How immersive it is. I could play it for hours without taking a break.
>Thing I hate
The pacing.

>I would've loved a Hookshot in this game
Hookshot would have been way too OP in that game, the item system as we're familiar with it also doesn't work when the hole point is destination freedom as of leaving the Plateu, could still be improved of course though.

By what metric is NV unfinished?
I played 90 hours on my one-and-only playthrough and never felt that way at all.
Quests had satisfying conclusions, your actions felt like they had a clear impact in the world because of how they tied into the faction system and who helped you at the Dam, even the DLCs had an admirable impact on the base game like Elijah's gift to Veronica, or Ulysses' nukes adding those new NCR/Legion areas.

I think the hookshot should have been the reward for 120 shrines.
At that point you've already finished the majority of the game and you're just likely to grind armor upgrades and stop for the occasional Korok Seed anyway, so why not give you the keys to the city?
That way, the "Shrine of Power/Wisdom/Courage" could have each had the "of the Wild" armor pieces and actually been worth a damn.

However I know the hookshot was heavily approved by the staff and was nearly completed, so I suspect that it will be implemented into the next Zelda game since they want it to also be open-world.

Look at all this unused space.
Don't tell me you think this was intentional.

Nevada is actually like that though.
The Mojave is a big bumblefuck of nothing until you reach the area surrounding Vegas.
I think your concerns would vanish if that image was just cropped to show you the areas you could actually go to.
The gameworld still felt big and densely packed with stuff to do.
Don't let the image inform you of the game itself.

>Instead, the game world is something you want to explore and enjoy.

I also felt less joy exploring this world than many others. You know basically as soon as you leave the great plateau that you'll mostly just find shrines and korok seeds around most corners. I enjoyed fucking around in the world of GTA more

>Typhlo Ruins
Awesome. In italian they're called Rovine di Orbo, where orbo means "blind" (and rovine is ruins).
I loved that place, it was creepy as shit.
>the ex-yiga
That was cool too, the whole "i have to do this for my family or they will come to kill them".
>white bird
Oh yes that was clever, the game was filled with nice puzzles, I enjoyed solving them.
>people simplify
Well, this is Sup Forums, people don't actually mean what they say since they are shitposting and didn't even play the game, as usual.

>lack of enemy variety
Yep, I miss tektites, titanus and so on, but we got some guardians and the awesome Lynels back from the 2D games. Still I'd like to see more enemies in the next game.
>iron knuckle
You mean the titanus, iron knuckles were absent in WW. IK are the ones with the big ax in ocarina/majora, awesome enemies indeed.

>Game
Metroid Prime
>One thing I love
The exploration, lack of characters, and Completely optional story stuff that you must make the effort to read combine into a very immersive experience for me.
>One thing I hate
Probably the slight lore clusterfuck

>Game
Monster Hunter 4U
>One thing I love
The wystones and apexes were a real piece of shit, but I genuinely enjoyed and had a great time laughing at the countless hours I've spent where all of my randoms (including myself) are all running like headless chickens on double apex 140 Rajang or surprise Jho. It's very exciting that we could die in one hit unless we get our defense to autistic heights like 900 (but why do that?), and since we're strangers to each other (randoms), odds are against us especially with monsters and areas needing strategy. I don't know if I'm a masochist.
>One thing I hate
4U is now over/dead, and the rooms are probably just the hame rooms or circlejerks or whatever.

Sure, nevadas empty, but that doesn't mean that they intended for two big chunks of the map to be unused.
Those tents you see from the fort were going to be something, but they weren't because they ran out of time.

Thoughts on Prime 2?
As much as I loved Prime 1, I felt it was a lot of crisscrossing to load one area or another, and having to run past all the Chozo ghosts got tedious when you're hunting artifacts.
Prime 2 was smart about putting a shortcut to every area in each zone, easing a lot of the struggle when it came to the obligatory "end of the game fetchquest".

Eh, i rather like the criss crossing between areas with no definite main zone. Prime 2 kind of stream lined this with a central area you always had to return to to talk to its NPC, and made things easily less immersive. The dark World concept wasn't perfect imo either, since you basically had a closed non-explorable version of the world layered over the main world, pretty much just adding back tracking without the long term bonuses of it. I did like the dark atmosphere concept though and some bosses and powerups shined brighter than Prime 1 for me

OP here.
The Prime Trilogy is simply awesome, I love them so much.
Prime 2 is my favourite because I love dual world mechanics like the Dark World in Zelda, also it felt more challenging and the Quadraxis is GOAT.
The scan visor is what makes them so special, adds a lot to the exploration and I loved how BotW included a similar thing, but only tied to scanning animals, enemies and weapons and not lore. I hope the next zelda allows to scan the enviroment in order to find more lore.

You are a masochist, but MH4U is a great game so I can understand.

>the Quadraxis is GOAT.
I personally prefer Emperor Ing, like my favorite boss.

That was rad too.

You must be 18 or older to post here

>Majula is god-tier, good taste lad.
What other song is he supposed to like? It's not like Souls has any music except the 1 minute boss fights.

Retard.

Also congrats on your shittaste for liking this unpolished NeoGAF turd franchise.

Isaac Rebirth

Tons of variety, zany shit

Newest expansion is fucked, content is lackluster and pollutes rest of the game

>Game
Breath of the wild
>On thing I hate
You can pause the game and heal back to full at any time. That does make almost every combat encounter pretty pointless, admittedly. You can also use the pause menu to heal stamina, so that does kinda remove any strategy or planning that the climbing might have had....but at least there's still exploration. Actually no wait, the exploration also feels pointless because the reward for exploring is powering up your character, but because of the aforementioned healing system I don't feel any need to do that, since I'm basically invincible all the time anyway. Huh. Well at least we have the shrines....oh wait not one puzzle in the entire 120 was good.
>One thing I love
....Uhhhhhh..................wait why do I love this game again? Guys? Help?

So what's ur favorite game?

Breath of the Wild

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I love the cutscene interactivity (staring at EVA's breasts, The Sorrow holding a slide with a secret codec frequency)

I fucking despise the pitch-black cave part though.

Xcom 2 wotc

Wind Waker
>One thing is love
A tie between the overall presentation and the potrayal of Ganondorf.

>One thing I hate
Honestly, nothing really springs to mind; I don't mind sailing, collecting the triforce parts etc..
I guess Tetra being pretty much immediatly kidnapped after being revealed as Zelda?

I want to play Wind Waker so bad.

I have it on my pc via Dolphin but I'm holding out for a switch version

>Final Fantasy XII

>Love
The world, artstyle, soundtrack, amount of content, replayability, basically fuckin everything

>Hate
Only really a problem with the original release, but once you had all the best gear you didn't have anything left to fight with it

>potrayal of Ganondorf.
I felt so bad for the dude after Daphne cockblocked him at the last second...

>Game
Nier: Automata

>One thing I love
The visuals and color palette they use. I love how everything has a gray tinge to it. It makes the more vibrant colors pop out and make moments like the first time you get to the City Ruins so much more special. Everything also has soft edges which just looks nice.

>One thing I hate
Some of the side quests are boring fetch quests, like the one where you have to run around and find ancient relics or some shit. A majority of the side quests are really good, but the really bad ones stick out like a sore thumb.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
It's one of the flashiest and most incredible fast paced hack n' slash ever developed but it's a pain in the ass to start a new game because of that goddamn tutorial and first couple of worlds. I don't even mind the story, it's just boring as hell to play.

Xcom 2 wotc
>one thing I love
Because of the way the game is structured, you will get organic peaks and troughs throughout your campaign that create drama, and that drama feels more engaging because it's all down to you how the campaign will go - the possibility of failure is real, and victory is not a forgone conclusion as it is in games with a linear campaign.
>one thing I hate
The game strongly disincentives getting into actual firefights, because you basically have to kill every enemy you encounter before it can move, or else you die. If they want to fix it in xcom 3 they'll have to basically re-write the entire formula

>My favorite thing about it is something a lot of people seem to hate: the quests.
+1
I ended up doing most of them because I wanted to help that Sheika girl cook for her sister or get that Zora kids their mum back, not for some rupees which I could have gotten by breaking rocks for 5 minutes. Shows they did a good job creating the world.

is the pc version still fucked?

Can't pick a definitive favorite but here goes the last one I finished and fucking loved it

>game
Resident Evil 2
>one thing I love
the atmosphere created by finely crafted level design and item placement
>one thing I hate
the fact that the city segment ends so quickly. I love the police station to no end but it would've been great to see more of the infested town before entering it. Welp, there's always RE3 for that

>Thoughts on Prime 2?
Felt a bit less flavourful than 1. The whole light/dark thing felt a bit clichee.

Still a very good game though; my biggest gripe I got with it is the introduction of Samus' current anime look after the great semi-realistic design they had in Prime 1.