Wait, so MH World has less content (monsters / areas / gear) than the 3DS iterations. I'm debating which MH to buy...

Wait, so MH World has less content (monsters / areas / gear) than the 3DS iterations. I'm debating which MH to buy, only played a bit of Freedom Unite back in the day, but I wanna get a beefy version, since I don't care about graphics.

Does this G-Rank people talk about really matter or is it just meme? I heard there's no G-Rank in World and that you run out of content sooner than the 3DS games that came west.

How does the progression work in MH games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhEnmQP1rzs&t=489s
youtube.com/watch?v=LG-lZXz4Udk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Wait, so MH World has less content (monsters / areas / gear) than the 3DS iterations.

Interesting premise but I’m going to need you to back that up, my nig.

I forgot a question mark there, oops. I'm new to the series.

MH World will get free monsters, weapons, etc via free updates

Also it's not the same to develop a full hd game with a shitty 240p machine

3U has the better weapon balance (IMO) and lacks shitty vertical shenanigans, but underwater combat has some issues.
4U has more content, but fucks up on other parts.
If you want online multi for 3U, you're gonna need the Wii U version, but you're gonna want buddies to play with, because online is pretty dead. 4U has online on 3DS.

The handheld games you're talking about are pretty much cumulative updates of the base Monhun Freedom, of course they have more content. If you compare World to Freedom 1, World has more content.

World will get shitloads of new stuff, but it'll take years to get to the same content levels. Jump in now or later, your choice.

World is a first version game so it has less content than the Ultimate iterations like 3U and 4U. A year from now we'll presumably get news on World's ultimate version so if you just want the MH game with the most amount of current content, I'd recommend 3U first then 4U. G rank adds new armor sets, new moves and sometimes exclusively G rank monsters. It isnt the be all end all of Monster Hunter but any game that has it is more enjoyable with its inclusion.

So wait for G rank in World

New moves to monster movesets, my bad.

will G-rank be paid dlc for World or will they jew us even more?

they had to redo a lot of shit for World, even more than the jump to 3rd generation, which started off with an even smaller game.

Probably paid DLC since they seemed happy with the way console DLC works and they're already selling cosmetic shit, but it is Capcom so expect the worst.

Separate release. MH is a yearly videogame franchise.

G rank is just another rank after high rank. You basically have to start your armor progression over, monsters have way more health, they get new attacks and are more aggressive.

>DLC
It's gonna be a separate 60 buckaroo game

Id say world has comparable content to say 3U, there are alot of reskins of monsters in 3U which do not have sufficiently different movesets/gimmicks to really make them a different fight. I mean purple ludroth vs royal ludroth, or the barroth vs ice barroth, etc. If you remove the redundant monsters they have about the same number of large enemies.

This is Capcom. I feel very confident in saying it will be a seperate release like always. Youll be able to port your character over but it will cost full price.

G rank is definitely not just a meme
If you don't want world then grab 3U (on wiiu) or 4U (on 3ds)

There's plenty of subspecies that fight legitimately different though.
Sand Barioth (even if it is a piece of shit), all three Lagis, Agnaktor and Glacial actually have a really nice mix-up, Gigginox and Baleful, Zinogre and Stygian...
Hell, fighting Savage Jho requires you to take a different approach due to the different ways it cancels things.

And every subspecies brings an extra armor set to the table, and probably a few weapons.

It does have less content, but that's because it's the first of its generation. That's always the case. MH3U had tons more stuff than MH3, MH4G had more than . . . you get the point.
That doesn't mean the game's bad though, it just means you'll be fighting the same monsters more often.

>MH3U
>Weapon balance

Slime in that game is fucking broken, just look at the Kelbi Bow

It's very well known, the only game to feature less content is Tri. You fucking World bandwagoners are disgusting.

>MH World will get free monsters, weapons, etc via free updates
Yeah, probably like 5 considering all they've announced so far is Jho and now would be the perfect time to build more hype for the future if they've got anything substantial.

Kelbi bow is shit.
It's only really viable in multi where one shitter can just vomit out slime, in solo it doesn't have the damage output to be called broken.
It's a brainless weapon for morons, yes, but it's not broken. Warflare Demolisher does a similar job, except it actually does raw damage in exchange for less explosions.

Overall the weapon balance really wasn't bad in 3U, with all weapons being at least pretty viable for almost everything. 4U's way worse in that regard, I think. GS and HBG are way more potent in comparison to other weapons, in my experience at least. Duals are really strong as well.

>Does this G-Rank people talk about really matter or is it just meme?
It's a meme but people don't understand it. It's literally like High Rank. The same content but with more health and more damage again and you basically start from scratch and have to make new armors again to make up for the higher damage output of monsters.

It's fake content.

Of course there are some new monsters in G Rank and also some new moves, but that doesn't justify G Rank. They could just put stuff like this in the base game.

Ranks themselves are retarded and make no sense from a gameplay perspective.

MH3U is also pis easy with its G Rank having marathon and triple monster quests for everything. In those quests the monsters drop potions and they are dead in 20 seconds.

It's a shit game.

It obviously is broken when playing online.

I sincerely doubt it will be a separate game like the portable versions.MH wants to be mainstream and it achieved it with MHW,therefore the only option for an expansion type is a paid DLC as every well-known AAA release.They know they can't fuck it up.

>Chad XX
>93 large monsters
>tons of quests, G rank, challenging endgame
>brings back fan favorite villages and npcs
>free and solid online experience
>gameplay over visuals

>Virgin World
>31 large monsters, 90% of which are wyverns
>ends at high rank, no transmog so even less reason to hunt and then craft most monsters
>nothing actually challenging to do
>abysmal online system that even costs extra
>visuals over gameplay

t. shitposter who probably couldn't solo mark of a hero if his life depended on it

which is 500% harder than anything MHW has to offer

>unironically believing MH doesn't have the best gameplay in the series
Even for a bait that's the weakest I've seen so far;it means you've never touched MHW.

compelling.

Was any other monster from the leaked list not in world?

yes following the glowing firefly trail is so engaging and fun, and the blood being replaced with damage numbers really adds to the sense of immersion that MH is known for

Kelbi's claim wasn't damage per say, it was how easily and quickly it let you break parts

>brainless weapon
That's it. It had competitive damage output for minimal effort

> the blood being replaced with damage numbers really adds to the sense of immersion that MH is known for

Its claim to fame was that it requires almost zero thought to use.
A set with Awaken, the Great Kelbi Deershot and just mash X to spam little pellets that cause explosions.
Yes, it can break parts easily, but that's not what people remember it for and that's also not what shitters used it for.

Everyone who played 3U online with randoms knows exactly what kind of people run the Kelbi bow.

There is absolutely no way any sane person would think MHW has the best gameplay of all MHs after playing every MH.

You're either a braindead shill or someone who never even played any MH since maybe the PS2 days.

So is this series worth getting a 3ds for or should I save my shekels?

Get World while it's still hot and when you are done with it go grind out 3U if you haven't had enough. Playing with other people is half of the fun in MH. Don't be autistic.

You might as well emulate those games on your PC at this point.

Im still playing 3U
I fucking love solo brachydios and zinogre.
When brachydios gets mad turns to be a total mother fucker, i main GL but cant beat him with that so i have to use greatsword or switchaxe

leaked dlc list confirms it will double the number of monsters. If the number of monsters is a deal breaker for you then I suggest you wait a bit.

I didn't think 3ds emulation had come that far, is Citra still what all the cool kids use?

This is the same company that created an expansion to Dragon's Dogma a year later and made everyone have to buy the game a second time for $40.

The triple monsters have their health reduced faggot

You can emulate 3U on Cemu even on a bad PC
youtube.com/watch?v=qhEnmQP1rzs&t=489s

but also games like X/XX on citra
youtube.com/watch?v=LG-lZXz4Udk

OP, don't even bother with these threads. This is not the place to talk about World. All you're gonna get is people telling you how terrible it is that you can walk around while drinking a potion.

The only game without g rank has less monsters

Very intredasting, thank you for the advice user, I will pray you lose your virginity soon.

>p3rd
>freedom 2
>4
>gen
>grank
what?

>Not playing the monhun mmo on pc

>Fake content
What a meme! So when playing g-rank you aren't actually playing the game more, you're just pretending to?

Yeah, like there are already 5 Versions of SFV, that you have to buy for all the chars and balancing...

Citra still has shitton of input lag when playing on a controller though. I hope it, the 4U 3D effect, framerate and online emulation get fixed soon. I want to play 4U on my PC.

>Monster Hunter Tri literally only had 18 large monsters on it's first literation.
>Is still considered amazing.
>No one points this out when comparing monster numbers.

People bitching about the monster numbers are actually retarded, especially with the update leaks already floating round.

>have to play on Japanese Locale, on Japanese time with a Japanese IP
>pay per month
Yeah, nah.
Also I never liked Frontier's tendency to give everything huge AOEs and slap a million skills on every set.
Too much powercreep, I think.

>Conveniently leaving out Tri

Each new mainline entry has fuckall content because they don't have assets they can't recycle. I think that was what he was trying to say

Gotta cherry pick facts to build that narrative, user. You should know how this works by now. The contrarians have mounted a full-scale seige of Monster Hunter threads to convince people that World is awful because it's designed to be played by human beings.

Tri is not considered amazing, it's the laughing stock of the series. 3U is the one people consider amazing because it has some ACTUAL CONTENT.
Freedom 2 and 4 had plenty of content.

It also removed weapons, the worst fucking game.

As someone that spent several hundred hours in Tri and 3U, and only those two, is it worth it to get 4U? I understand online is probably a fraction of what it was, but I've mostly been worried about the screen size turning me off. I have a N3DSXL if that helps.

Still fixed the combat. Tri did a lot for MH, even if its roster was balls.

Definitely, you'll absolutely enjoy 4U.

How many of those monsters in each of those games are unique and how many are reskins? Does XX actually have 129 unique monsters, or does it have 10 that are copy/pasted with different colors and various sized spikes bolted on?

>tri
>amazing
it's a failed abortion of a ps3 game and it shows

Screen size is less of an issue than controls, if you ask me.
the 3DS just isn't as nice to hold as an actual controller.
It's still worth playing.

Have they implemented a 30 fps cap option on the base PS4 yet or is it still fucking all over the place with FPS? Beta dipped below 30 all the time and the framerate jumped around way too much to be anywhere near smooth

As a DS shitter, are my weapons viable?

Is 60 fps possible on Citra? Or does it achieve 100% speed on 30 fps?

gen/xx are the games that got rid of recolors, minus metal raths.

DS is significantly better in 4U, compared to any previous generation.
spin2win is just too good.

>Freedom 2
>Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is a PlayStation Portable video game and sequel to Monster Hunter Freedom, it is largely based on its PlayStation 2 predecessor Monster Hunter 2, which was never released outside Japan. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is not a direct port of Monster Hunter 2 but instead a portable update of the Monster Hunter series.
Hmm
>4
Same engine and reuses some assets/monsters.

The insect staff air dash proves that it has the best gameplay, this is not up for debate, more verticality and control over the air is good, always.

Every MH has some monsters are are reskins of one another.
That said even MHW has this problem.

I mean fuck out of 30 monsters it has 4 of them are just raths. Then you have Uragaan as well as Radobaan, you have Diablos and Black Diablos...

Honestly I could live with the roster of MHW since it's a huge jump to a new "level" of visual fidelity, HD models and all and G rank is still to come - what I can't accept however is the fucking online system of this game.

You get a third of the monsters for 3 times the animation

Its worth it, imtho

Does the phrase "quality over quantity" mean anything to you?

3U/4U is 60 max, Gen/XX 30. No CPU can run 4U at 60 yet.

For me it didn't, I was a gunlance main, P3rd was better.

A lot are reskins. Which is fine, because it gives reasons to fight the same monsters with new abilities and gimmicks.

It's also there way to remove G rank and stick with High Rank as the new colourations are effectively G Rank monsters.

3U had shorter gaps between the best and worst weapon on 20 minute hunts than 4U did on 10 minute hunts. It's hilarious.

>it's an IG shitter that does nothing but spam O while flying around in the air episode
Literally worthless opinion

>Is still considered amazing
by fucking who

That's fair enough.
At least they fixed it in the end?

And then fucked it again in Gen. 4U was alrightish, except it wasn't really viable for GQs at all. Poor GL.

I like that World made the old subspecies actually substantially different, but Black Diablos having the chicken jump-turn just looks ridiculous.

GL has been a real rollercoaster. Shit in 2, good in F2, meh in FU, meh in P3rd, decent in 3U, decent in 4, shit in 4U, dogshit in Gen, abominable dogshit in XX, and now top 5 in World.

>>Is still considered amazing.
This isn't true. Also, like World Tri remade the graphics but unlike World all but Rathalos, Rathian and Diablos had new skeletons. World doesn't even do that.

Is this counting recolors like pink/azure rathian/rathalos?

4U and Gen still have pretty active online so I'd say it's worth it. get yourself an extended slide pad if you're getting an O3DS or a grip if you get a N3DS.

How did XX fuck up the GL even more?
Also I'd argue that it was actually solid in 3U. Definitely one of the better underwater weapons.
I think the thing that holds it back the most in 3U is how shit it is to get Sharpness+1 and Guard+2 on the same set. You need to sacrifice a lot of options to get that.

Longsword, SnS and Lance were more fun to play in Gen than World.

P3rd had a better moveset with the slam that lets you fire all of your bullets, I couldn't go back to FU because it didn't have it.

>0 argument
>calls other people shills
Google gameplay and reevaluate what you typed.MHW has the best one.You're mixing mechanics with gameplay.

It doesn't.

>never hear of english patch or a vpn
>to poorfag to pay a monthly fee
I guess you belong to the Pc pleb race

Yeah I noticed the reskins in World pretty quickly. Radobaan is a spiky Barroth, the inflatable bat thing is a Pukei reskin, Great Girros is a Great Jagras reskin, etc. It bothered me initially, but once I actually hunted those guys it became apparent very quickly that they're very different fights. Well, not very different, my strategy of "hit it in the face with my hammer" didn't change much, but there were at least new attacks to watch out for.

Also Radobaan reminds me of Goht from Majora's Mask, what with the autistic rolling and insane turn radius.

From your comment I'm guessing you're new to the series. In that case just get World, it got a lot of QoL updates that will probably be the norm from now on and makes the game feel way better, the game also has enough content as it is if you're new to the series, G rank is the "hard mode" that gets added to the rereleases.

Nerfed Adept GL's counter damage by about 10%, because it was the only GL style that was ever used. So the devs thought adept GL was OP, rather than realizing every other GL style was dogshit.

XX nerfed stuff entirely based on popularity, rather than actual power. It was awful.

It's just too much of a hassle, man.
And like I said, Frontier's take on difficulty just doesn't jive with me. Giant explosions and OHKOs everywhere just isn't my thing.