Saturday RTS Support Group thread

Threadly reminder that Kane LIVES!

What we playing today bros? Think I might dust off Generals and pretend to be ISIS today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9dH2IwmSvdU
youtube.com/watch?v=IKVFZ28ybQs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

RTS' need to combine with City Builders and have comfy and slow paced games. No Gooks Allowed.

That's basically what Stronghold was.
City builder meets RTS meets tower defence.

yeah, something like that, but with bigger maps and skirmish mode. Meaning the opponent should have his own stronghold. I didnt like the tower defence component

Why do rts' have to be so hard to make? Pathing and design and balance and pace
Devs today are so lazy

Stronghold Crusader had a skirmish mode, I always preferred the tower defence type levels myself probably because I'm an idiot.

I've been down the gook rabbithole getting gm in sc2 but I've always preferred the slower pace in strategy with deliberate tactics and operation. AoE2 taught me something though. In this day and age, there will always be gooks and tryhards in strategy trying to be as optimal as possible so they can hit that positive win ratio. I'm one of those, unfortunately. I need to get good or else I can't enjoy online play. Online play in general is whats created this trend, but that's easy to see.

I think better global internet access has ruined strategy games. I though AoE2 was going to be a good bastion for slow deliberate play, but it's just autists spamming archers and knights.

I only ever play RTS online if it is a compstomp or some sort of novelty scenario. Trying to be competitive just triggers my autism too much.

i only play "competitive" with group of friends where we all are mediocre and play for fun.

My most memorable days from early starcraft were comp stomps where I'd have a guy on my left mass defilers and the guy on my right mass scouts and corsairs. Just mindless fun, but maybe it's nostalgia goggles clouding my vision.

Last comp stomp I played was in AoE2, where everyone rushed and the game ended before I got advanced to the castle age. Didn't get to do much in the other games either. Nobody said anything but I could have just forgotten.

Same. Oddly enough I'm really into fighting games and train day in day out for those. I put almost just as much time into RTS playing but totally casually

I've been playing a lot of Company of Heroes 2 trying to get to the top of the competitive leader board.

This guy gets it

Bout to kick off a new match of SOASE Rebellion. For the Unity motherfucker.

I'm playing Warcraft 3 Undead campaign from The Frozen Throne on Hard and I've been compltely stopped down by the mission where you have Human and Undead bases and have to conquer Balnazzar's purple base in the middle of the map; my forces are constantly harassed by powerful Liches with an army, and then Balnazzar himself shows up with his overpowered Infernals. I can't seem to get a break. I already found out that you can easily rush the base to the south of your Undead base by taking all your starting forces and simply A-moving there, but from then on, the game ramps up in difficulty and doesn't let up.

Otherwise, I play a lot of Brood War ladder. I do not believe RTSes have been "ruined" by the internet, and any pretenses that RTSes are a "dead" genre have been destroyed by relatively recent releases like They Are Billions. Hell, between all the active online RTS games there's a metric ton of difference; Relic Entertainment games play much differently from Blizzard RTSes.

I just think that RTS players are generally quite a tribal lot and when you're spending most of your time fleshing out your Zerg play or whatever, you might not want to jump into another game in this genre.

So yeah, I don't think "autistic gooks" are to blame; highly competitive players only served to make their games look really interesting and prolong longevity.

Remember it's a "Real Time" Strategy. For some reason, on Sup Forums, there is a ton of people bemoaning casualization of games while at the same breath yearning for the days nobody understood how the game was played and everything was slower. I do not understand this; FPS and fighting game players don't have the same mindset.

thats a city builder user. i meant taking ANNO and combining them with AoE III or something. Creating your city, managing your production chains, trading and waging war.
Anno might have a combat system but its bad and limited.

Try "act of aggresion" its modern c&c generals clone

I've never undestood why people get so upset at gookclick RTS games. Somebody took the time and effort to practice and get better than you at something, so the whole genre needs to be changed to fit your play level.

To me it sounds a lot like "games shouldn't be hard because they exclude shit players like me" that I see parroted on kotaku. I suck at RTS games online because I don't have the time to practice, but I can still enjoy campaigns/LAN and don't think it should be taken away from people better than me,

I forgot to add, I'm playing through the original Command and Conquer 95 for the first time since I was a kid, NOD campaign is definitely more fun since you get more cool tools to strategise with, GDI feels like brute force. Also Africa is a way cooler setting.

Rocket bikes are the best unit ever. I can see why blizzard basically 1:1 copied them for vultures for starcraft.

>Brotherhood of NOD is cooler than GDI
No shit.

Please don't remind me...

Remind you of what, user?

get that shit out of here

I never said they were cooler, but they get more fun/albeit weaker units to work with. You have nothing that can take on medium/mammoth tanks in the field, but you can terrorise their havesters with stealth tanks.

Agreed, and this doesn't even change the fact that there's hardly an RTS game which truly is won only by "clicking faster" as the derogators claim. The best players are fantastic at the mechanics and at strategizing, snap decisions and whatnot.

Jaedong's 90% win rate in Zerg vs Zerg did not come solely from him being a solid mechanical player, but from his fantastic understanding of the matchup. Most of the theorycrafting in the community is about the "mental" side of the games.

The build orders that have formed standard play in most games are still malleable and they only account for the first 5 minutes of a given game when it can last for 20 to 40 minutes.

The technology of peace!

its the difference between arma and cod.
some people prefer fast action while others slower paced games. I feel that APMs and micro should not be as significant as strategy and macro.

i miss dong. nobody could terrify an opponent through sheer mental dominance the way he did.

Strategy is really what separates the true players from the people who can just follow a build order. It's a shame that there's just so many mechanics to learn before you get to the stage where you can even think about implementing strategy.

>Trying to be competitive just triggers my autism too much.

It always turns into who can abuse the meta or genuine imbalances in the game hard enough to win... And of course, APM gookclick for the micro, because the devs were too retarded to give the units their own AI.

> it's an RTS where units can't even be told to manage their health and retreat automatically

Well luckily there's both SupCom and Starcraft. Each values separate elements of tactics, and do so to such a perfect degree that the genre has stagnated. People don't want to learn anything new when they feel like they've already learned the peak of the genre.

RTS needs to just make the same sort of games as previous except with more scale and features

I feel like the shit player I am, I am entitled to my shit opinion about how shitty I like to play my game. But the problem lies on how a lot of people on this thread want game developers to cater to their (our?) shit opinions.

During the last months I've been fucking addicted to Age of Empires III (+Wars of Liberty mod), I overlooked it a lot as a kid (back when i was too poor to get the game running) but nowadays I'm actually enjoying the grind for cards (which are pretty much either units, resources or Age2's civ bonuses) and making different decks.

Argentina are fucking UNGA.

>some people prefer fast action while others slower paced games.
Go ahead, get good in Counter-Strike without having a strong grasp on recoil mechanics and snap aim AND flash/smoke spots and when to go eco/when to buy. Likewise, go get good at Quake without learning map layout and understanding the spawn timer of all the powerful buffs WHILE figuring out all the rocket spots.
>I feel that APMs and micro should not be as significant as strategy and macro.
Macro is a subset of mechanics and thus doesn't have a place in this comparison, especially with how most armchair strategists say that they'd *totally* win their games with their amazing smarts if the opponent wasn't a gook who just has more shit than them at any given time.

APM and micro is even significant in slower RTS games like Company of Heroes, and will still win matches. That's the beauty of the genre. RTS games are about how hard it is to be a proper commander adhering to all the shit that's going on and striking the right balance.

You still can't properly play an RTS without the "strategy" part. Monkeying a build order won't help you past the first 5 minutes of the game; not understanding what your units are for will harm you; not jumping to secure opportunities will definitely lose you games.

RTSes are definitely about strategy and MOST DEFINITELY about macro (because any RTS game is won by just having more shit than your opponent at any given time), you are just unwilling to put in the time.

Or, I mean, you could just stay in Silver or Gold, which is not some shameful blemish on you as a person, and just enjoy the learning and developing process instead of asking for games to be tailored to your fantasies of being a superbrilliant smartypants genius.

Try Knights and Merchants, it does this super well. Get the fan patch, it makes combat much less ass.

this, gookclick whiners have no idea what they are talking about or what they actually want, just go play a fucking city builder

How would you make an age of mythology 2 if you were given total control over the project and a good team/big budget?

>It's a shame that there's just so many mechanics to learn before you get to the stage where you can even think about implementing strategy.
Nimcompoop! I've seen very competent players stuck at 80 APM. Day9 recently mentioned that Testie was owning Koreans while hardcapped at really low APM.

You apply strategy at *all times* to your game, even as you're starting out. Lower level players:
>see that they don't have the mechanics to keep their money low with the "optimal" amount of unit-producing factories that all the pros play at, so they compensate by making bonus Gateways/Hatches/Facts to help them macro
>realize that micro-heavy strategies (such as 3 Hatch Muta) are beyond their mechanical scope, so they make conscious decisions to switch to more friendly unit compositions (3 Hatch Lurker for instance)
>can still surprise you and improvise by attempting two-pronged attacks to kill your production

Sure, some basics need to be ingrained and you can't possibly be competitive if you spend more time reading tooltips on your unit skills than actually playing, but the "preparation" time isn't *that* steep, unless you have severe ladder anxiety.

>CoH already lets you click a single button that causes all your units to dash to your HQ at Sanic speed, become somewhat resistant to damage for the duration, and completely break any sort of pinning effects like machinegun fire
>but please, spoonfeed me more, I can't masturbate over my superior brain capacity if the game isn't made for quadriplegics

>It always turns into who can abuse the meta or genuine imbalances in the game hard enough to win
>pic related
>even SC2 pros keep playing the race they're masters at instead of constantly flipflopping to the race that is currently "in the meta"
>any SC2 player would probably still shit on this retard with an off-meta cheese in a race that's in a hard spot
>many more games are examples to the contrary, but user doesn't play video games, so how could he know

nothing will ever be as comfy as coming home with your copy of Tiberian Sun again.

I remember coming home with TibSun and being massively disappointed. At least the atmosphere was cool.

>CoH already lets you click a single button that causes all your units to dash to your HQ at Sanic speed
If it's as unbalanced as it sounds then CoH is a shitty game? No wait, that shouldn't be a question.
CoH IS a shitty game.

Image related is what i'm talking about when i say units should be able to manage their own retreat. I should not need to gookclick babysit what is ostensibly a grown fucking adult who's recieved months of training and possibly years of hard earned experience in warfare...

Kohan Immortal Sovereigns is another example of unit Ai done right in terms of unit combat/survival automation. You don't control the figures in a unit, they decide who to attack, you just give the order to engage. And if morale hits zero, which is usually what happens before the last figure in the unit dies, the unit will route in a random direction and distance instead of orderly retreat; maybe they live or they dont. "Strategy" then becomes less about being an APM machine and more about placement, engagement, and retreat, especially considering terrain stat bonuses.

TibSun was my first C&C game (except playing RA at a friends house).
Take me back.
youtube.com/watch?v=9dH2IwmSvdU

I think the atmosphere made it harder - dealing with radiation and shit. Watching those Goliaths or whatever those walking large gun mechs from the GDI roll up on your base, very stressful. Coming from RA1 I played for years I liked it

units should be able to be freely controlled, but you should also be able to write your own code for commands
it's just a question of interface, you want the interface to be as good as possible, the windows explorer style of control was just the best solution at the time, but it can be improved as supcom has demonstrated

is there a bigger casual sign than complaining about meta or rushing in RTS

>Image related is what i'm talking about when i say units should be able to manage their own retreat. I should not need to gookclick babysit what is ostensibly a grown fucking adult who's recieved months of training and possibly years of hard earned experience in warfare...
You have to do that in turn-based games. Why is doing that in real time strategy such a big fucking issue? If you cycle through 20 units on a battlefield and forget that one of them is in range of a sniper and then it gets killed, who is at fault? You for being inattentive and forgetful or the game for not flashing a giant WARNING: UNIT STORMTROOPER 004 IS ABOUT TO GET RAPED THIS TURN. CONFIRM?

>You don't control the figures in a unit, they decide who to attack, you just give the order to engage. And if morale hits zero, which is usually what happens before the last figure in the unit dies, the unit will route in a random direction and distance instead of orderly retreat; maybe they live or they dont. "Strategy" then becomes less about being an APM machine and more about placement, engagement, and retreat, especially considering terrain stat bonuses.
That might be all great and fantastic for simulationist purposes, but isn't necessarily great for a game just because it absolves the player of unnecessary control and looks realistic. That only means:
>mirror matches where both players have the same army composition and the same power feel like coin tosses or stalemates
>you are incapable of forcing your army to target fire on crucial objectives
>morale: probably imperfect and also easy to abuse, leaving more of the game in the hands of the AI is liable to make the game more frustrating
>luck-based gameplay where a unit will route in a random direction and distance; the player whose AI behaved better is ultimately rewarded with no skill involved
I'm sure there are pros to this approach, but they're not nearly as uniform as you make them seem, and they're probably also abusable.

>Mythologies is fucking dead and you will never get an expansion/sequel with the American civilizations.

>not hindus
>not christians

you gave them an order to go fucking fight, retreat is not an option unless you sound the damn retreat. Like you said, it's a fully trained soldier, they are trained to follow their damn orders to the letter. Be a better commander i you want them to live you lazy bum

>Rise of Legends will never make a comeback with a bunch more civilizations.
Kill me.

Oh, and also:
>If it's as unbalanced as it sounds then CoH is a shitty game?
it isn't unbalanced, it's a crucial mechanic that rewards timing and adds excitement to the game, because you might be able to hold out longer and perhaps score an important objective, or you might overdo it and your entire squad is wiped out (and squads are harder to rebuild than to reinforce). That, and units, upon retreating, do not stop for anything; you can't break the retreat order, so your entire fighting force is effectively out of commission for a long while. That, and the route that the units take is endlessly predictable and you can even do cheeky shit like order artillery strikes on the HQ right as the mass blob of soldiers escapes.

Those are very engaging, fun mechanics that reward proper calculation and strategizing and both Axis and Allies have access to them.

Especially since CoH, like Kohan, doesn't let you control figures in an unit either; you fight squad to squad, and there's no such thing as target-firing on a single dude in the squad to kill him faster.

>but you should also be able to write your own code for commands
ai bots that have micro in the thousands of actions per minute.
youtube.com/watch?v=IKVFZ28ybQs

Play more fucking RTS games than just blizzard's cold and old deflated balls.
- Kohan has no RNG, or dice rolls. Everything is flat damage amounts with modifiers for protection and abilities. Morale can be completely controlled and understood because you can literally mouse-over the morale bar and count the fucking number.

- Routes from combat are supposed to be avoided, they exist as a penalty for an idiot taking too much risk or trying to over-extend the unit company with too many fights (even if all units are in perfect health)

- Mirror matches are not won by APM, they're won by tactical and strategic insights based on the map layout. Allowing a unit to entrench inside a terrain choke-point. Fighting inside of a forest or jungle with a ranger in the company. Destroying a resource building or razing the entire town before the siege you know you can't defend against activates.

This is why Kohan was shipped with a random map generator feature, like C&C Tiberium Sun.

Anno 2070 have more RTS like combat. You don't need camps, just build ships, submarines and fly units and wreck other guys transport for laughs. Until the said guy will drop a nuke at your main island but who cares.

people that don't think that strategy and understanding of the game is 100% integral in playing at any level of broodwar are fucking idiots. once you hit 300 apm or so your mechanics are more or less "good," then you start just getting trashed by players who actually know what they're doing. likewise, a 300 apm can easily lose to a 150 apm player if the 150 apm player knows how to play starcraft. if you're complaining about """clicking fast,"""" then just get better strategically than the faster players. speed is just a by factor of understanding exactly what comes next, otherwise you wouldn't know where to click/what to do and your apm would drop drastically. stop austistically caring so much about how fast you are and just play the game

ever mentioning "gook click" is my go to synonym for "i am a complete noob." also ever saying tryhard

>order artillery strikes on the HQ right as the mass blob of soldiers escapes.

Why would i ever fucking use that feature when it telegraphs so hard what the next move an opponent is supposed to make? That's not strategy that's rock-paper-scissors with all the depth of a fucking puddle.

At least when i pull a unit back from the front line in Men of War 2: Assault Squad the opponent doesn't know where the fuck i've just put them.

>Why would i ever fucking use that feature when it telegraphs so hard what the next move an opponent is supposed to make?
Dumbfuck do you even play CoH, you can actually trick your opponent with this mechanic.

>Men of War 2: Assault Squad
Kek, MoW casuals just like I expected.

>do you even play CoH
no, it's a bad game

ah, the state of Sup Forums

>Play more fucking RTS games than just blizzard's cold and old deflated balls.
I mentioned plenty of ways that different games do stuff but you dismissed them while shilling your own cold, old, deflated balls
> Morale can be completely controlled and understood because you can literally mouse-over the morale bar and count the fucking number.
So the game still has micro that can be abused, because if you don't pull out or reinforce in time, you lose your entire army. I see.
>Routes from combat are supposed to be avoided
Most RTS games have plenty of mechanics where a "routed" (i.e. forced to retreat) opponent is going to take extraordinary damage and is otherwise debilitated. Such as, you know, CoH, which you have a problem with.
>Mirror matches are not won by APM, they're won by tactical and strategic insights
See .
>Allowing a unit to entrench inside a terrain choke-point
And what point is there for me to assault this choke point? What if I simply choose to attack from a different place? What if the map generates 5 choke points for the enemy and 3 for myself?
>Fighting inside of a forest or jungle with a ranger in the company. Destroying a resource building or razing the entire town before the siege you know you can't defend against activates.
Those things aren't unique to your favourite game.

Even the games you don't like have terrain features and you have to use them. This is nothing new. It might be a novelty approach on how to do those things, but it's not uniformly perfect.

As for the Zerglings vs Tanks video, I'm fairly certain you could make a similar AI abusing whatever micro tricks there are in the code of *any* RTS game. Zerglings in normal games *can* beat tanks, but you have to actually manually split them to cover multiple flanks instead of bumrushing through a single entrance (where mass siege units with splash damage will prevail), use defensive cover of other units or spells, or choose a different moment to strike.

>LE RNG MAKES A GOOD RTS XD

>Why would i ever fucking use that feature when it telegraphs so hard what the next move an opponent is supposed to make?
Because:
>you probably don't have a hidden unit at the enemy HQ dedicated solely to figuring out what the movements from HQ are
>it still requires good timing and game sense to be able to order such an artillery strike
>artillery strikes are expensive and the opportunity cost might not be worth it
>if the squads aren't completely wiped out by the artillery strike and just one soldier from each survives you can still reinforce
>most late game armies where artillery is widespread aren't solely infantry blobs; vehicles can't use the Retreat feature

and also, probably the most important
>using this feature is necessary throughout the game before the enemy gets sufficient artillery to pull off this kinda shit

>MoW casuals

> Men of War
> game where you can suicide bomb a tiger with an artillery-shell loaded supply truck
> casual

>So the game still has micro that can be abused
motherfucker, it's a two-click action button. press 'retreat' button, click terrain. unit retreats. there is no fucking "micro" like you're hitting 300 APM to kite fucking lurker spines. stop twisting the definitions.

>And what point is there for me to assault this choke point? What if I simply choose to attack from a different place?
The random map generator won't entirely allow these choices every time.
> What if the map generates 5 choke points for the enemy and 3 for myself?
What if the map generator decides you get to live in a fucking mountain canyon that takes 3 minutes to walk out of?
You fucking deal with it and play it to your advantage.

>Those things aren't unique...
the way it manages and interacts with the other mechanics is unique, because it's a whole system that's been designed to interact with every part. every stat a unit has, a hero or support unit can change (friend or foe)

Yes, i know, StarCraft has a feature where only half the shots will hit a unit that's on high ground, or behind a tree doodad (yes that's what it's actually called) but how many actual tourney games do you see tree doodads? or the NPC critters? never mind that most mundane ranged units don't have the distance to actually use cliffs to their advantage outside of the ramp fights (and that 50% hit doesn't work against melee)

>See >>thisidiot
That shit hinges upon being able to perform the APM. You can play Kohan with sub-60 APM. StarCraft design doesn't allow for that, which is the problem.
When a fucking APM ai bot can do amazing shit like in the video i posted that completely changes the style of the game?
the game is fucking broken

the 50% is a very common deterrent for attacking, i'm really not sure what you're talking about. try breaking cannons up a ramp with hydras, it's insanely cost inefficient even without the inevitable high templar or reaver.

also, the 50% from doodads is used pretty often too, there are a lot of trees on fighting spirit (the most common bw map), such that if you keep your units near them you can gain a slight advantage depending on the nature of the engagement. typically i see it a lot in zerg vs terran when the zerg is trying to kill marines with mutas. with the 50% extra to miss, marines can live much easier

Bring back good RTS

>if you keep your units near
which is my entire point.
StarCraft and other gookclick APM RTS is based entirely on the ability to micromanage and babysit units. the units don't decide for themselves "getting hit half the time is better than getting hit all the time" and then fucking haul ass to a tree just one step to the left.

but no, "muh blizzard RTS design rules" (the only ones anyone ever seems to use) demand that unit sit perfectly fucking still and get killed while being an idiot, because commander didn't say "simon says, don't get fucking killed"

>implying blizzard invented simplistic AI

>implying blizzard invented simplistic AI
even if they had, they would still choose to not use it on a per-unit basis, because people need to buy a new mouse every 3 months.

>motherfucker, it's a two-click action button.
That's still called "micro". Anything that pertains to control in an RTS game is micromanagement.
>there is no fucking "micro" like you're hitting 300 APM to kite fucking lurker spines.
This is often wildly unnecessary if you didn't walk into lurker spines in the first place (which is often a strategic failure) and doing this is nowhere near "300 apm" territory. A 140~ APM player can do those reliably. Source: I recreationally play at such a level and lower-end ladder players have no problem handling lurkers.

>doodads
Many in ICCup's map pool and over years.
On top of that you have numerous other doodads that limit line of sight or even some pretty nuanced ones like on Gold Rush, where they're composed of neutral buildings that you can destroy or leave standing for your own advantage or disadvantage.
>the way it manages and interacts with the other mechanics is unique
Yes, but the way that those interactions work are just how the game chooses to deal with certain facets of gameplay - which are present in other games in the genre that simply do it differently. There's no "right" or "wrong".
>That shit hinges upon being able to perform the APM. You can play Kohan with sub-60 APM
You can play Starcraft with 80 APM. The other day I made a test where I played a game against a computer using only my right hand and never the keyboard, and without any BO in mind other than "make Pylons, Probes, Gateways". Just from doing these most basic things and without any micro at all, I achieved 100 APM. 100 APM is enough to defeat a 200 APM player if you understand what you're doing.

That the AI can do amazing shit when given infinite APM isn't relevant to how the game is actually played. Humans can't achieve this sort of APM and prediction skills. AI can't adapt and improvise like a human. That's like saying a TAS speedrun is representative of regular gameplay.

I haven't touched SC2 in a while but there was this very cool mod that added a bunch of subfactions that you selected from your supply depot/pylon/spawning pool. Did it ever update since LoTV's launch?

>the units don't decide for themselves "getting hit half the time is better than getting hit all the time" and then fucking haul ass to a tree just one step to the left.
Yet you hate CoH which *has* this mechanic. Units will adjust to cover nearby. This sometimes causes a Sniper to not take the shot that you want him to take because he flips out when you insist on him taking an action, because he instead will look for cover first.

"Simon says" gameplay in RTSes means that you have full control over what's going on and you are rewarded for being the one to find the better way of engaging. Picking fights in Starcraft still relies heavily on the timing and terrain available to you; it's not expressed in any stats or flat bonuses to terrain around the unit, but if we smash equal amount of units against one another, very often the squad that comes out on top was the one with the terrain advantage, be it from attacking the other squad at a flank where they aren't reinforced, or from defending a chokepoint. The terrain advantages aren't spelt out; they come out during gameplay.

On the other hand ,you have full control of what's going on. If a unit is dying but it has to maintain formation to make sure the entire squad can prevail against whatever objective it is that is done, then it is good that it stays in its place and gets itself killed rather than stops dealing damage in order to achieve cover when it doesn't help it achieve the objective.

"APM gookclick" games are games that simply excel at highlighting how hard it is to be a commander and that you can't simply be everywhere at once. You still can play them at low APM and succeed.

The only C and C game I played was for the N64. I really enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend me another one similar to it? Preferably on pc

Does anybody here played twisted insurrection, and does it randomly crash in skirmish games for you aswell ?

>Anything that pertains to control in an RTS game is micromanagement.

> All gameplay is now micro
fuck outta here

Red alert 1 & 2
Tiberian Sun (With firestorm or that one overhaul mod)
Generals
C&C 3 is decent aswell

I will be playing Renegade X later today.
It is a very fun FPS/RTS game.

Actually read my response and stop being retarded.
Control is micro. Whether you decide for your units to traverse half the map to rally at a location or carefully choose a method of entry into the enemy base, that is micro.
However, I've already established the differences between macromanagement (which has little to do with unit control itself, but with how much shit you're getting onto the field) and micromanagement. Strategic decisions can come into play independently from micromanagement.

But unit control is micro. Just because your vocabulary says that micro is a bad word invented by gooks doesn't change that whatever you choose your units to do and whatever means you deploy for them to reach their destination is micro.

Want a game without micro? Imagine a MOBA where the only present gameplay is the minions walking towards each other in lanes.

The upgraded environments for it where pretty good atleas even if balance isn't all that good

Anyone playing Zero-K?

U can get gm ezpz with mech by sitting on your ass woth tanks, pfs, thors and libs u tard
Gooks are not the problem
.... but FUCK protoss players theyre the worst

While a good game, fans wanted rise of nations 2. The game didn't do as well as they liked and it's expansion was canned. For a while skybox labs had a mystery game in the roadmap and people hoped it would be this but it wasn't.

TI just adds new campaigns and doesn't let you replay the original/Firestorm, right?

The fuck is a zero k

Yeah, it adds a new campaigns for Nod and GDI and also adds a conversion of the original tiberian dawn campaigns (some of them since it looks that its still a WIP)

downloading Red Alert 3 for the first time
what am I in for?

Well shit, time to play C&C again.

What about Supreme commander Sup Forums ? And its god-forgotten sequel....

Oh, that's neat, I'm not really interested in the new campaigns even though I appreciate their effort, but one day being able to play the originals with updated graphics and maybe some balance changes is really cool.
A solid entry in the RA series, maybe/probably a little sillier than RA 2. I still think the resource system is a problem like it was in RA 1/2. To me, the superior solution for almost any RTS game is unlimited resource nodes like in SupCom.

It's actually pretty fun, even better with coop. It's style turned off a lot players, but I thought it was nice with all the flashy colors, especially with today's videocards
Campaign drags on for about the first three missions, but gets pretty good once you unlock more advanced units and the game stops hand holding
You should definitely get the Uprising expansion pack, too. It's the last genuine expansion pack made before the Witcher III: Blood and Wine, and it'll give you a shit-ton more hours with more campaigns and the challenge mode.
Multiplayer is dead unless you go to Gameranger, but it does make a good lanparty game

The UI and unit controls are completely shit on Anno 2070. I think there are smartphone RTS's that feel better to play like that then Anno 2070.

It's good. I really need to work more on the damn Python client to help the game stay alive.

Waifus and cheesecake.

Just got around to playing WiC since it was free for UPlay

It's a lot more simple than I assumed it would be. But I'm enjoying it a lot.

Sound doesn't work in this game at my PC and thus I can't play. I have no idea what to do anymore. I tried to fix it but nothing worked. I wanted to try it again as I remember enjoying it when I was little fuck.

I play it all the time still(just skirmish mode after work, it relaxes me). Playing the campaign was awesome fun because my best mate and I did it all co-op so we got to co-ordinate and plan things out and just generally have a fun couple of days playing through it in between other games.

When I play Skirmish I always play as a random faction so I'm pretty familiar with all three factions but occasionally the AI does something unexpected. Which is nice.

did you play kamremake online? its the same apm clickfest, making 4 quarries asap and then spamming towers and crossbowmen, and only them. the game is figured out and there is not much to it.

which is a shame, the game was comfy as fuck

If you have an audio setup other than 2.0, try switching it to 2.0.

what rank you at now fampai?

closest i ever got was 490 on usf 1v1 last patch

opinions on Blitzkrieg? Loved that game when I was a kid