What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nintendo are creatively bankrupt

Still a technical masterpiece though

So is it not worth it? I started the game recently and enjoying it a lot.

I loved the base game too, I just think the dlc was REALLY bad,

It's worth it but I'd finish the game before buying it.

It only gave us 1 extra heart instead of 3

Apparently 60% of MonolithSoft worked on BotW, so maybe they had no part in the DLC?

I would have prefered if the dlc was a separate story set in the same world. But as it is the content is still really good. The Master Trials was legitimately challenging and kept me entertained for hours. The Champions Balled has about 8-10 hours of additional content, some of the best shrines and far and away the best dungeon in the whole game.

The other collectable armour sets are nice fluff. I'm too much of a pussy to try mastermode. But well worth the $20 season pass.

The game is fun, I'll admit that.
The DLC is a waste of time and money.
It should barely be called DLC, there is barely any content added whatsoever.
Remember when games used to come out with expansions? Actual shit that would add hours upon hours of content and just make the game more fun.
And no one released a game with the intention of adding DLC after, games came out finished and if it wasn't exactly polished, free updates came afterwards.

Where did it all go so wrong?

After how much I truly enjoyed the first DLC I can't even begin to describe how disappointing the second one was.

It's all because people buy it. Even people that are generally against DLC will cave most of the time when it's a series they really love. The incentive to pour months of manpower into a fully fledged expansion pack is almost nonexistent.

too many quality of life things/blatantly broken things that you have to pay for.

Game so good it ruptured the sony bronies colon, making thois board full of shit for the last 11 months.

Nintendo could have given players an entire new world to explore, 60 hours of content, the ability to play as Zelda naked and additional Mipha fucking mini games and people will still have found a reason to shit on it because Nintendo.

Perhaps a dumb question, I've defeated 1/4 divine beasts, is this DLC all post game stuff or should i get it early as possible to play alongside the main game?

The DLC was literally something that even EA would give away for free. What the fuck were they thinking? Why did it take so long to release them?

Not really, you can only access the champions balled once you beat all 4 divine beasts.

Midna was the best waifu

DLC Pack 1 was pretty good. I enjoyed the Master Trials a lot and Master Mode added another layer of difficulty, even if it should have been part of the game from the beginning. I was very disappointed with DLC Pack 2 because it was at least initially marketed as a story DLC and in the end it added nothing but a few cutscenes with the Champions. The only part I enjoyed was the new dungeon and the final boss. It wasn't hard but I liked the concept of it all. Still would have preferred to get an actual story DLC.

The DLC should've at least added new enemy types

Thanks user

Beat the game in master mode, but honestly it was just artificial difficulty and enemies regenerate health stupidly fast. Never beat the master trials because I wasn't going to fight multiple silver lizalfos on a bridge over water with wooden weapons and I wasn't going to cheese. Second DLC was shit. Why is the motorcycle so slow? And where have all the inspired game devs gone?

I believe it. Monolith was responsible for much of the overworld. This could be part of why there's no new areas to explore.

Basically nothing, that's why it's such a good game.

>where have all the inspired game devs gone?
the old guard is either dead, retired or overseeing all projects rather than getting personally involved and making heavy design decisions
most of the new devs are trying to modernize or change older series to whatever's popular now, hence why BOTW adds so many open world elements seen in other modern games and why Odyssey has more in common with Banjo and other big collectathons
It makes me really concerned for Prime 4 and what dumb mechanic they'll add to modernize it with current shooters, probably something stupid like wall-running or Doom 4's glory kill mechanic

> Difficulty mode is DLC.

If I could change ONE thing about this game it'd be the voice acting.

How could a company like Nintendo pull off such a shoen jump level shit show?