What's the RPGs where your choice actually matter?

What's the RPGs where your choice actually matter?

Hard mode: game is not old

Todd you're facing the wrong way what the fuck are you doing we're gonna crash you dumb motherfu

By "choice actually matters" do you me gameplay or story wise?

T-todd please, you dont have to do this
I'll buy another copy of skyrim, i p-promise

Good question, for now it's story

No real modern RPGs do this anymore.
They all focus on graphical shit and trying to be cinematic while RPG just means stat allocation to them.
If they had winding paths then it would mean they'd need to make entirely new cutscenes reflecting each option and new quests, areas, npcs, ect. It'd have the cost of making multiple games in one, so it's not viable.
Indie shit doesn't do it either. The the closest things to choice mattering now is just visual novels but the majority of them are just waifu baiting trash.

Who likes spaghetti?
I love me some spaghetti when playing The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition ™

H-HE'S DRIFTING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!

Choices certainly matter here... just in a very retarded way.

Madden

Witcher 2 comes to mind.

>that hard mode
Shit. Then i got nothing. Modern games dont do this anymore

Okay go easy mode. I'm looking for some classics to play where choice matters (not OP)

Chrono Cross, Suikoden 2, Brigadine, star wars the old republic and alpha protocol. Best i can think of right now

Oh and if you something ancient as fuck also Ultima 4

Dragon's Dogma

That's girl (male), isn't it?

>DD
Lol no it doesnt. Literally your only choices is to fucking kill yourself and reset everything or be a cuck and be a useless god that cant even do anything.

did your choices matter in divinity original sin 2

People whine about other aspects of it, but Tyranny fits this description.

There are all kinds of differences depending on your actions in some quests

Girl Girl

TODD NO

what's the source before it was noodles? just asking for a friend haha

Is Alpha Protocol a good game by itself? Have heard mixed opinions on it.

>No real modern RPGs do this anymore.
Witcher 3 does this. Not hard at all to find.

And now that I think of it, what's the points calling it RPG then. Even gameplay wise most of them give shitty options these days.

What are you talking about user? I'm just posting noodles.

don't do this to me user

Arcanum.
Game reacts to your:
>gender
>race
>choices in quests
>things you do

Even gives you multiple ways to do things:
1 quest involves getting out of the first town
>kill the hooligans blocking the bridge
>steal bridge gate key from hooligan
>do quest for hooligans
>pay hooligans
>convince hooligans that you're someone you're not

There isn't any choice really in Suikoden 2.
At the most, you choose who you recruit, or what the ending is gonna be. but it's pretty much the same.

You realize we are having a crpg renaissance right now, right? That's not hard mode at all.

sorry, i don't know

Damn, Arcanum looks pretty good. Thanks for the advice

>beautiful elf
>average human
fucking elf shits

If you're gonna play Arcanum don't forget to install:
UAP091225.exe (Unofficial Arcanum Patch)
ExtraAnimationsUAP.exe (Extra Animations)
HQ-Townmaps.exe (HQ Townmaps)

and the hi-res patch if you want.

Also, don't forget, Arcanum is isometric crpg like BG2, Planescape Torment. Don't expect good combat. Recommended combat is turnbased. Realtime sucks.

>Half-Ogre

Don't know about other installments, but Dragon Age Origins had some neat stuff depending on whom you picked and stuff. Can't really tell about endings, never finished it.

Thanks, man, will keep in mind

Origins was pretty cool with that. Awakening had some too - not as drastic as Origin, but being a dick to everyone greatly reduced the amount of potential party members which I liked.

Then came Dragon Age 2. You could import your saves from 1 and Awakening to add more story scenes depending on your choices (yay!). Most of the added scenes were just people you already killed in previous games telling you no, that's not what happened and the main character from 1 is a lying jerk (not yay). Though there was one pretty neat and subtle scene added in act 2 which I really liked.

>>Half-Ogre
You're gonna love the abduction of women by jews... err gnomes to breed half-orcs conspiracy.

what do you consider old? If it's more than 10 years, than I'd still say New Vegas

There are none. Free will is a myth.

it's not very polished honestly, but the choices that actually affect the story are far greater than most other RPGs of the last 10 or so years. Fun and replayable if you can look past some its faults. Its pretty much like Obsidian's other games

Pathologic. 2005 isn't old, right?

your choices never matter in any game, user.

Ken Levine, is that you?

fpbp

melon