Is there thermal power in the sea treader's path? Subnautica thread

Is there thermal power in the sea treader's path? Subnautica thread

Even the kelp forest scares me bros. I'm not going to make it.

>two bio-reactors can barely sustain a water purifying machine
Guess I'll have to go nuclear. Now where do I find the blueprints? The wiki said they would be in the jellymushroom cave base, but I was there ages ago and didn't find shit.

AHEAD FLANK. EMERGENCY SPEED.

RIG FOR SILENT RUNNING.

CREATURE ATTACK.

Why are you so allergic to Solar Power.
I am 100m down and it's just enough and I don't care for energy at all.

Nigga I'm 250 meters under the sea, your solar power won't do shit down here.

sparse reef or bottom of blood kelp

THE CREATURE FROM 56,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE GENE POOL

I'm annoyed every time I swim infront of floodlights and see his stupid head and hairdo in my shadow

I found one nuke piece hidden behind the degassi seabase, only one though

Than build near a volcano gaysir or vent and use 10 Thermal shit.
Or 4 rods nuceplant.
It isn't that resources are scarce.

El goblino subnautico...

He's unironically fine, the company is filled with Asians and Mongolians, and that's a SEAnigger if I've ever seen one.

Man I have fallen in love with this game, I bought it a few years ago and tried it out for like 5 mins before shitting myself with fear and never touched it again until this week. I was terrified, I was so anxious and shit just swimming around the shallows, but slowly I started to branch out my exploration, man that feeling of seeing a new biome for the first time is amazing, I used to look at the kelp forest from afar and it used to creep me out, now I do be so relieved to see it again when swimming back from beyond it. I made a rad suit today and decided to go to the Aurora, man was that scary I remember you guys said to stay the side of it until you reach the front, and I made it over fine but as I got to the front I spot my first ever reaper patroling in the waters at the front, scariest thing I have had to experience so far, luckily he had turned away from where I was so I could slip in at the front of the ship and start exploring it. I found a lot of cool stuff but I did not know I needed the cutting knife thing for one door so I will have to go back to check that out. I repaired the reactors though. I went from being a little bitch to actually entering deeper areas a little more confident (but still spooked) the exploration in this game is top tier, so glad I gave it another try.

You will make it man, I was once you and once you realise most starter predators are no big deal you fears will slowly dissappear, the shallows are completely safe, the only predator there is the little red fish that swim at you and blow up, only do like 30 damage. And in the kelp forests there are stalkers and those shark guys but they are really easy to dodge and they fuck off once you hit them once or twice with your knife. Swim deep and have fun user.

>swim at night
>can't see shit
>get a flashlight
>everything attacks me

>that one enemy from Duke Nukem emp raped my seamoth to zero battery
>had to swim 550m to surface

whew. do I have to come back with a fresh power cell or will the moth recharge?

>mfw I realized I build my base at the very end of the mushroom forest, between the dunes which are full of reapers and and a blood kelp area with another leviathan
>there are even warpers that throw those giant martian crabs at me

I just found the Cyclops thermal reactor blueprint near the sea treader path, so there's really no point in building a base anymore. I just pack my sub full of lockers and growbeds.

Yesterday I posted about how my water disappeared after leaving the ayylmao thermal plant
I ended up killing myself, which made the water return for my player. After consolecommanding back to the facility, I found out that my prawn was still on dry land. I had to spawn in a new one and leave the old one there as a relic
Now I'm at the Aquarium with my new prawn and I'm stuck in it after wanting to mine the ion cores- can't leave it, can't use my arms
fugg

It recharges after like 10 seconds lmao you can just swim back to in after getting some air and it will be fine

>mfw I can't connect/ line up my moon pool with my huge elaborate base i've had all game

This glitch happened to me aswell. There is a console command that fixes this: entreset

fuck. it said "SWIM TO SURFACE" so I took that to mean it was scrapped. Also didn't want to die because this guy was right next to me

this guy

Do ghost leviathans respawn, if you kill them? From what I gathered, reapers don't respawn if they are killed, wondering if those do.

>not playing subnautica in glorious VR

what are you, poor?

Same here
I cannot conect this fucking thing

Anyone else find the sounds the PC makes when eating/drinking fucking repulsive? Why do devs do shit like that?

Yes

>Find smokey chimneys near the sea treader's path
>Set up base seeing there's only 1 warper warping about
>Bring all my shit there
>Im right next to a ghost leviathan
>Realise even if he doesn't spot me the warpers are even worse

Back to the shallows.

>it had no items inside

Why did this get upvoted? It's not even that clever

FIRE DETECTED

I think you are just autistic

>get a flashlight
>everything attacks me
Bullshit. I've never seen a creature react to light unless it's a decoy or flare.

>...El sobreviviente de la queda del Aurora

>I used to look at the kelp forest from afar and it used to creep me out, now I do be so relieved to see it again when swimming back from beyond it
Very relatable. Blood Kelp used to scare the shit out of me but after all the other shit I've seen it's comfy as hell to go back there.

I've got some blueprints but they don't appear in my makey thing.
How do I build a trashcan?

t. retard

I think you are just a fat pig that eats with his mouth open

Trashcan is in your habitat builder misc menu I think.

you need find one and scan it

Would you rather have no sounds at all? Every good survival game has sound effects for consuming items.

>habitat builder

yes habitat builder is the thing you use to build things

Don't build windows/reinforcement before connecting it.
Pull a pipe from your base and build your pool just on the side of it, it'll connect himself.

Built it under "tools" in the fabricator.

A dev checks all the time capsules so I doubt mine with all three depth modules, 2 ion batteries and an ion power made it in

Capsules with lategame/spoiler items don't make it. I'm sorry user.

>Find one of the entrances to that place with fog on the floor and electric motherfuckers, assume it's the Lost River
>Find a time capsule right before the entrance
>Some guy that says his journey was hard and mine will be too, but I might find salvation
>Gives me like three Kyanite, some Uranium and Nickel
That was pretty nice of you, whoever you are. Know that I'll try to use your resources effectively. By the way, can't seem to find the fragments for the Prawn Drill. Tips?

This seems useful.

subhumana

Is that a fortnite character, or something ?

submuttica

>More than one person wrote "REEEE" for so long that it stretched the page, and because it's all on the same page it just stays like that as you keep going down.
>random pictures of the seafloor, random pictures of the PDA that look like they were taken by accident, duplicate pictures, a couple pictures of Rick Astley (???)

Yes it will, the checking/voting process is broken. Literally trash is getting through as well as Ion batteries and other things.

You were supposed to only get capsules in your own language. Nope. Only good well thought out capsules. Nope. Only capsules with helpful but not game breaking items. Nope.

I have gotten capsules in Russian with cooked fish. A fucking set of starter tools and a picture of the safe shallows. A medkit and some water with a poorly written Altera rp with directions on how to use your escape pod. I'm sure YOU will actually make someone happy.

Thanks m8, I'll give it a try

Do I need foundations for a small shallow base?

Redpill me on VR. It's not a purchase that would hurt me in the pocketbook, but I can't very well convince myself to purchase it just like how I can't convince myself to buy a PS4 or switch for two or three games.

I want to shit myself playing this game in VR but I really don't want to have to spend almost 600 maplebucks for all the bells and whistles the occulus rift has.

You don't need foundations at all

>Would you rather have no sounds at all?
Not him but yes I'd rather have nothing than that nasty lip smacking shit.

My first capsule was full of rubies. It was next to a volcano covered in rubies

If you're going to the lava zone GO PREPARED I just almost lost all power on the cyclops and barely crawled back on my last spare powercell

You guys said they were friends. I saw him hitting my Seamoth then this happened when I tried to rescue it.

It'll come with time. Get the stasis gun. It'll make you feel a lot safer knowing you can stop a reaper.

Foundations are just one of the ways to increase base integrity, you don't actually need to use them unless you use tons of windows and other structurally weak pieces. And even then there are other options like bulkheads and reinforcements.

I parked my Cyclops at the Cove tree and just went on with a fully upgraded prawn. Fuck trying to get the cyclops through the lava zones.

at least wait until next gen. buying into the first gen is silly. I don't have one, but I have used a friends multiple times and I find it pretty uncomfortable, something they will no doubt improve on in a big way

>Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound", was proposed in 2000 as a condition in which negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions are triggered by specific sounds. It is also called "select sound sensitivity syndrome" and "sound-rage".

You should play it in VR with a controller, I don't appreciate it enough

Plenty of people must have that for eating with your mouth open to be widely considered rude and disgusting in first world countries.

That being said, I stared into his beautiful blues as I ran out of air.

I found drill arm outside a wreck on the rim of the grand reef

No one? It's like the one thing I need right now that I can't build

All fragments? And was it Deep Grand or normal?

>tfw havn't found any timecapsule yet since going legit game copy like 5 hours ago

Check wreck or if you're desperate, check the wiki. Who fucking remembers every place they find every blueprint?

I just realised my ion cell and battery that I got early on was from a player, no wonder they were so hard to charge and shit, when can I even make them myself? im 30 hours in and in the lost river.

Mate I've had a legit copy for years and never found a time capsule. Are you playing on hardcore?

Wondering this too. Where the hell do I get power cell chargers and ions

Yeah had all fragments. It was just below 200 so just normal I guess. Was just a huge wreck against the cliffside

I found one, it had a cuddlefish egg and a note, are they all unique like that?

this, also

>spend cyclops energy going down to lava caves, get swarmed infinitely by energy draining leeches

then you haven't been in deep territory

>power cell chargers
You'll find bits of them inside wrecks

>ions
You get the blueprints from the thermal plant in the lava zone.

I found my power cell charger in a wreck at the mushroom trees

I appreciate the reference

is this game good btw if you dont like jumpscares?

i pirated it 4 hours ago and got one xdd

Is volcano north of lifepod good as heat source for a thermal reactor? How close to it a reactor can be built without it getting destroyed?

Lies, you found a DOOK

Which biome should I check for cyclops hull fragments? I've had all the other components for ages.

Hm gotta look after the thermal plant. Been in the lava zone several times

Let me just build this thing instead of swimming to the surface while my O2 is depleting.

Solar power still works down there and serves as a cheap way to increase your max power storage. I'm sitting at about 280m down and I'm built at a cave entrance against a mountain and still get decent solar power generation.

What is going on in this thread?

People actually talking about video games.

are they random or something?
i found one on the starboard side of the aurora

I'm trapped inside my prawn which is trapped inside my cyclops. If I console warp out, do I lose out on getting achievements for this save?

Time capsules are randomly spawned and spawn in at random times. I've found about 5 so far and two were in the same cave on different trips. I know for a fact I didn't just miss it.

Just save the game and exit to menu and fire the game back up. It should fix it unless you've already tried that.

El monstruo del aquatico

If you get burned when you swim into it, it's a thermal source.

That did it thanks