This confirms that Bloodborne is in the same universe as Dark Souls, correct?

This confirms that Bloodborne is in the same universe as Dark Souls, correct?

i'll confirm that you are in the same world as a fucking beating you insect

More like that they were toying with ideas of creating a game in Victorian style after they finished the main game and started work on the DLC.

Holy shit is anonymous in the same universe as Dark Souls?

No, it just confirms the people who worked on DaS were working on BB, while the interns and new hires were making the abomination that is DaS 2.

The Souls trioliogy is DeS > DaS > BB. The other games are just Lords of the Fallen tier rip offs made by literally whos who were given left over assets that didn't cut it in DaS and BB.

Get a load of this faggot

truer words has never been spoken

Kys my man.

You're mostly correct but I still got a lot of fun out of DaS2. Haven't played DaS3 yet, waiting for it and all the DLC to be bundled together for $10.

>mmm *suck* that cock is a tasty treat that can't be beat! *suck* *suck*

Chester's design was in the art book that came with the 2011 release of Dark Souls. They had conceived of Bloodborne early in development.

DaS 2 is the only game in the series that I had to mule/cheat gear for my various PvP characters, because I couldn't stand playing another second of it. The game serves one purpose, and one purpose only. Just a dress up/LARP PvP simulator, anything else it's not suited for.

It was a book of concept art, just to be clear.

I was wondering why people still seemed to insist souls games were good after dark souls 2 was released, because that game is kind of shit

I'll check out bloodborne

>Doesn't work for anything in the game
>Likely didn't pay for the game, either

>Can't enjoy it

You're so special mate.

I found it interesting that his model is a head larger than every other human NPC, just like nearly every enemy in Bloodborne and DS3.

It means the devs had ideas for Bloodborne's Victorian setting and given the loose time travel aspect of DS1's DLC they could afford to throw in a character that looked out of place

Why was the umbasa chanter cut from BB?

and then they put assets of bloodborne in dks3.

you could've at least used a picture of spider patches instead of that.

They wanted Bloodborne to stand on its own merits rather than be tied to any of their previous games

PCbros detected
enjoy our bloodborne cut content scraps

This

Kys

I want to like darksouls 2, but every time I give it another play through, I see things:

In scholar of the first sin, why are there about a dozen soilder hollows just laying around? The 6 or so before worked just fine.

What purpose does that stupid hippo in the forest of the giants river serve, besides being a awestone Dispenser?

Who was the faggot in charge of those statue hollows blocking key progression points, Like the tutorial, the way to the ruin sentenels, and other key locations, I want to kick him up some stairs.

Lol Hitboxes

Lol camera

Among other things. Scholar of the first sin did manage to make the ai less retarded, and actually able to path its way to you, so theres that I guess. Game still isnt finished tho.

and they ruined dks 3, it is ok.

Bloodborne is the world that the painting lady created at the end of the Souls history

how exactly did they ruin the best game in the souls series?

>What purpose does that stupid hippo in the forest of the giants river serve, besides being a awestone Dispenser?

People always ask this same question and I have never understood why. It seemed pretty obvious to me he was there to mix up the enemy types in the area like Dark Souls does.

>Who was the faggot in charge of those statue hollows blocking key progression points, Like the tutorial, the way to the ruin sentenels, and other key locations, I want to kick him up some stairs.

They stated that it was to indicate difficulty spikes or at the very least warn of them.

Still don't get the one after Heide blocking the Knight set.

Is Yamamura in Bloodborne reference to the next fromsoftware project?

>They stated that it was to indicate difficulty spikes or at the very least warn of them.

Huh, DS1 at least assumed I was smart enough not to keep going further into that underground city with unhittable ghosts or the graveyard with skeletons that take twice as much hits as the boss I just killed on my own.
Also, areas like Shaded Woods are barely any more difficult than FotFG or even Heide so why is that area blocked off?

Djura and Chester sharing the same voice actor bares more comparitive conjecture than the clothing does.

Not to mention Bloodborne has it's own lore, themes and characters reacting to it. Chester reflects nothing about Bloodborne other than his coincidental voice actor and clothing sadly.

Dark Souls has lots of unusually large human enemies, like the silver and black knights.

Patches isn't from Dark Souls

And all of those can be brushed off with is a lord/god/got part of Gwyn's Lord soul/whatever.
Meanwhile in DS3 for example even lowly peasants in Undead Settlement are a head taller than you for no reason.

>Meanwhile in DS3 for example even lowly peasants in Undead Settlement are a head taller than you for no reason.

Had to find SOME way to fit those models on Bloodborne rigs

What the fuck does it matter if they're in the same universe when neither game has a story?

>And all of those can be brushed off with is a lord/god/got part of Gwyn's Lord soul/whatever
no

>Huh, DS1 at least assumed I was smart enough not to keep going further into that underground city with unhittable ghosts or the graveyard with skeletons that take twice as much hits as the boss I just killed on my own.

They changed it because Dark Souls 2 was the only time people complained that much.

Infinite stamina, R1 mashing and roll spamming.
DS1 and DS2 are much better games.

Infinite stunlocks and roll spamming are possible in the first Dark Souls.

At least DS2 let you have 3 valid open paths from the start, unlike DS3 where it's a tunnel till you finish the swamp.

>what is the fat official?

>Infinite stamina, R1 mashing and roll spamming
which soul game are you talking about again? cause I can think of at least 4 that have all that and more

Dark Souls 2 IS an abomination, BUT a fun one
I think that it failed hard because it was too ambitious with a plus from the producers from Namco for being a bunch of assholes

>At least DS2 let you have 3 valid open paths
Forest, Heide and?

You run out of stamina after 5-6 attacks with a longsword in DS1.
You run out of stamina after 3-4 rolls in DS1.

In DS3 you can attack 9 times with a longsword at SL1 and have 8 rolls.
And the regen is soo fast that even at zero stamina you can spam rolls, they will just have a 100 milisecond delay to each, and most attacks will not get you.

>The other games are just Lords of the Fallen tier rip offs made by literally whos
But DaS3 was directed by Miyazaki

Nobody in Yharnam uses a crossbow. Chester is probably from Carim.

>In scholar of the first sin, why are there about a dozen soilder hollows just laying around? The 6 or so before worked just fine.
To teach new players that enemies are often waiting in ambush
> What purpose does that stupid hippo in the forest of the giants river serve, besides being a awestone Dispenser?
To teach new players that you don't have to fight absolutely everything
>Who was the faggot in charge of those statue hollows blocking key progression points, Like the tutorial, the way to the ruin sentenels, and other key locations, I want to kick him up some stairs.
Almost none of them block progress. The only one I can think of is the pyro girl but she was there in the base game too. Ruin Sentinels are optional and always have been. The rest of them block optional dead ends with treasure in them. Btw they also increased the number of fragrant branches available.

>Still don't get the one after Heide blocking the Knight set.
It's also blocking an estus shard.

Gutter, Hunter's Copse, Shaded Woods.
Besides Hunter's Copse needing Dragonrider dead, all 3 areas are open once you find or buy a branch of yore or the cat ring respectively.

Why are there random statues everywhere in BB and DS3? I don't see how Yharnam functioned as a city because your carriage would bump into statues of eldritch abominations everywhere you go.

DaS3 technically branches early since you can kill the dancer as early as you want

>Gutter
The game makes it pretty much impossible to gain access to that area unless you do an extremely specific combination of things that only people who already know the game would do, and the same people know that there is no reason at all to go to the gutter at the beginning of the game.
>Shaded Woods
Not in the base game.

>They stated that it was to indicate difficulty spikes or at the very least warn of them.
Bullshit. It was basically a fuck you to the player blocking off important shit like bonfires. They can go to hell for using it to block one off in Black Gulch.

You still can't complete the Lothric branch doing this, the archive gates will be closed.
There's a very clear intended progression route, unlike DS1, DS2 and even DeS where you were free to go in any direction with mostly even odds of success if you had the right tactics.

>Why are there random statues everywhere in BB
Because the city was entirely ruled by a church who praises gods, so it's filled with idols.
>I don't see how Yharnam functioned as a city because your carriage would bump into statues
They're never placed in the middle of the road

Ah I want to play DaS3 so bad, the game looks so cool. Don't have 60 bucks to spend on a single game tho. Why does this game get so much hate? It seems to be great

bloodborne is in the demon souls universe.

It's on Humble Monthly. $12 plus you get one DLC.

Dark Souls 3 is better than 2 if you care about level design

No, he might be from further in the future than the player or maybe he's just fancy.

>>Shaded Woods
>Not in the base game
Yes, in the base game, you can jump from the scafolding to near one of the tree memories to grab a branch of yore early.

>>Gutter
>The game makes it pretty much impossible to gain access to that area unless you do an extremely specific combination of things that only people who already know the game would do, and the same people know that there is no reason at all to go to the gutter at the beginning of the game.

No, it just requires the cat ring, it only costs 12K and Dragonrider gives you exactly that for a killing him solo.
Or you can get 24 vigor + being naked since the first fall is the biggest and that's enough to barely survive it.

>Why does this game get so much hate? It seems to be great

>proving his point

The city you see may not even be anything else but a fever dream.

Thanks but I have a toaster PC. I can only play modern games on my PS4. I tried downloading DaS3 to see how it works and it lagged on the lowest 640x480 settings.

Soulsfags actually think theres some deep universe and symbolism here when in reality FROM was just lazy as fuck and re used shit from older games.

Just leave.

Won't be a problem for me, I guess. Bloodborne is my favorite but it's linear as fuck. And DaS2 doesn't count because you know why

BB is less linear than DS3 because of the extra chalice dungeon progression paths.
If DS3 had a root chalice dungeon equivalent, with tons of cool boss and gear variants inside, it would be top tier.

No.
Bloodborne is quite literally about your and others interpretations of nightmares.

no, not at all really

>You still can't complete the Lothric branch doing this, the archive gates will be closed
well but you can still beat 3 bosses there and get access to 2 secret areas, one which requires you to advance in the dungeons which can be done before beating suly
on that note once you reach the boreal valley you can also midway go down to yhorm instead advancing to anor londo and aldrich
I know, the choices still aren't that great compared to the previous games but I think people here complain about it far more the game deserves

Your idiocy doesn't even deserve a real reply.

And yet you replied anyway.
Have you even played the game?

Why does Sup Forums has such shit taste with Souls?
DS3 > BB > DS2 > DS1

>beat vordt
>see giant vista over a bunch of different areas
>think "ah shit this next area must be a hub to explore the rest of this world after that linear tutorial area"
>wait no never mind

I finished DaS3 a couple times at release but now everytime I try to play it I just close it in disgust halfway through highwall. I just hate how the ennemies move, how fast they are compared to how sluggish I feel, how I'm supposed to roll through everything constantly because every ennemy has a gigantic reach that you can't play around by being smart and keeping them at bay with a large weapon, how retarded the hitbox is on those huge sacks of black writhing shit and how their tells are impossible to recognize intuitively if you forgot about them... It just feels bad to play compared to the other two.

Well if you ever plan on upgrading I would still pick it up, it's a great deal. I recently saw a 750ti on sale for $40 and in my experience it runs DS3 just fine.

Maybe, but it seems a lot of them a haphazardly thrown in the streets. While they might not be in the middle, it's seasy to see how it would make navigating harder. They're not like statues in the Vatican that are centerpieces to draw the eye to specific figures in their belief, they're scattered all over, with like 20 copies of the same character in a clump.

DS1>DS3>BB>DS2 actually tbfh.

>DS3>BB

I don't remember where I heard this but I thought that they're big like that in the game to emphasize the challenges the lone undead etc. has to overcome while in the lore they are normal sized

Anyone else here love Souls games but can't get into Bloodborne? Something about it just doesn't click with me, feels like a total chore to play
>inb4 consolewar shit

It seems to me that they wanted the game to go up in difficulty in a linear fashion as you progressed so there's a very obvious intended path instead of letting you do all the 4 lord souls in any order like DS1, DS2 and even DeS.
The sad part is that they already had a solution for this in the form of BB's time of day/night progression changing areas and enemies as you beat story centric bosses, they should just have each lord of cinder make the time of day progress as you beat them and each one dead buffs the remaining 3's resistances by 15% or something.
That's way bosses won't just melt as you progress, level up and upgrade your weapons while keeping the world open and the first soul lord will always be fair and technically the easiest for everyone, even for an underleveled player, in terms of DPS at least. Much better than resorting to instant kill "GOTCHA!" gimmicks like Wolnir's fog that everyone dies to once before they have a chance to realize what it does.

cause sony owns the rights to umbasa cause its from des, they;d have to receive more royalties

>Why does this game get so much hate? It seems to be great
Its best described as a victory lap for the series. It has become formulaic and uninspired. Its good for a playthrough but once you're done with it you'll be sick of Dark Souls

nah it's pretty much DS3 but with a better setting and the game is actually built around the combat speed

Dark Souls 3 is pure shit and is the most bland, uninspired, and unbalanced in the series. It's more consistently competent than 2 but at least 2 had some new ideas and good DLC.
BB=DaS1>DeS>>>>>>>>DaS2>DaS3

Sony owns the bloodborne IP anyway

I think I like DS3 because it's the most functional and arcadey.
I'm a casul.

>this whole series
>not an abomination
kek

Then why are there differently sized elevators and stairs in Anor Londo?

Shit Souls 2 was a mistake

DaS2 still has the best pvp out of the entire series. shame BB didn't get the same treatment in that regard.

>those repeating textures on the castle
this is why DaS 2 looks worse than 1

>Best PvP
>While soul memory exists.
>Have to use up a ring slot to bypass the shit mechanic.

This confirms that Soul Calibur is in the same universe as Star Wars, correct?

No, DaS2 was shit because Bamco demanded a 360/PS3 version, when it was clearly meant for PC/PS4/XO

They had to go back & gut the level design & change the lighting system, meanwhile the Bloodborne team got to focus on PS4 with Sony's massive budget funding them

It's more circumstances than B-team vs A-team

It's cheap on humble bundle now

Current Humble Monthly has DS III + Ashes for $12