Playstation exclusives

>Playstation exclusives

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/god-of-war-boss-fights-optional/
twitter.com/GameRant/status/961008042811838464)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and this is bad, how?

No, Loki in disguise, we will not fight another of your sons.

nu-Sup Forums everyone

So...?
It's like breath of the wild. I'm assuming it was okay there because its nintendo right?

>Press X now wasn't optional enough
God of War has become a meme.

This, more people, even those who are having a hard time, or have never played gamers before wool Bree able to get through the game and enjoy it

>Boss fights optional
>Fights that take everything you've learned up to that point, and make you put that knowledge to use to see how well you've been doing
>OPTIONAL
God of War ended after III. 4 is shitty fanfiction.

BOTW lets you skip straight to the final boss and Sup Forums loves it.
Double standards

>this whole thread

WOT IF YOU JUST ADDED SKIP GAMEPLAY AND GO STROIGHT TO GOD OF SOY THE 4 HOURS MOVIE?

Well guess what buying the game is also optional

Holy shit, they really are turning this thing into a walking simulator/cinematic experience. I don't even like the old GoW games, but this is just pathetic. Why does Sony hate gameplay so much?

>2018
>bothering with western games

>b-but Nintendooooo
Pathetic

sonybros are more sophisticated than the rest of you rabble
we dont need such archaic things as gameplay
if video games are art they need to tell accessible stories
I wanted to show my grandmother the amazing Oscar-worthy story of the Last of Us but the games mechanics detracted from it far too much
I hope this is the future of story telling

Damn, so instead of being forced to fight them all, I'll just make the decision to find them and... fight them all.

Woah, anyone made the change.org page yet?

Sony has always been pushing for games to be considered art and cinematic. However, starting with the PS3 they seemed to think that the only kind of art worth perusing is Hollywood blockbuster movie games.

>Yakuza 6 delayed to release 3 days before this turd

>mfw huge Sonybro who loved every GoW game even Ascension
>mfw this "game" looks like total garbage

The only reason I'd even buy it is to make a "God of Walk" video where I juxtapose the gameplay with the first games.
Then again I might just rip it from other youtube vids

Wrong, if you go to Hyrule Castle first you have to fight all the bosses there instead of in their dungeons.

And this proves botw haters don't even bother to research the game they shit on.

Are you implying nu god of war is a zelda like open world game with temples?

While some God of War fans might be quick to express ire over the fact that the game will offer optional boss battles, it’s important to discern exactly what was said within the interview between Barlog and Game Informer. To be specific, Ben Hanson asked, “Are there optional bosses in the game?” Barlog succinctly replied, “Yes,” and the subject was not explored any further. With this being the case, it doesn’t necessarily mean that all boss fights are optional, but it does at least confirm there will be some battles with big baddies that can be avoided.

While some God of War fans might be quick to express ire over the fact that the game will offer optional boss battles, it’s important to discern exactly what was said within the interview between Barlog and Game Informer. To be specific, Ben Hanson asked, “Are there optional bosses in the game?” Barlog succinctly replied, “Yes,” and the subject was not explored any further. With this being the case, it doesn’t necessarily mean that all boss fights are optional, but it does at least confirm there will be some battles with big baddies that can be avoided.

gamerant.com/god-of-war-boss-fights-optional/

GOOOODS

Do you know what blockbuster means?

It doesn't mean a manchild with his son walking in the snow for 10 hours

and those people will be catered to more and more

>don't even bother to research the game they shit on.
neither did you
see

God of War, being at its core execution-based, ends up a linear, vapid, content-based game because of this change. Allowing to skip the game is basically turning into a perfectly non-interactive experience with which you don't have to involve your faculties at all, save perception.
The skip boss option is basically an attempt at getting the passive people who don't like to play games on board rather than on looking at a youtube channel.

Breath of the Wild, for all its many faults, tries to be a game in which you can skip content *because* you've engaged with the game, *because* you've mastered some of its mechanics and because you know and understand what you're doing. You can plan around.
Both allow skipping, but the impetus and means are very different.

But I didn't shit on GoW, where did you get that from my post?

RENT
FREE

But will prepping the bull be compulsory?

>Optional Bosses
More like God of Snore

that's what this whole thread is

>western games

I know, but why would you (You) me?

they said there will be optional bosses, they never said every boss would be skippable. Read before shitposting, please.

So, basically the devs confirmed that the game has optional side content and a journalist wrote a headline that was garunteed to get spread everywhere and create controversy.

Bravo Sup Forums, you fell for it. Again.

Can this garbage even be considered an interactive movie at this point?

none of the bosses in botw are optional, if you don't fight them and head straight for the final dungeon you have to boss rush them all first before ganon

OBSESSED

>Sony has always been pushing for games to be considered art and cinematic
While this is true to some extent, I feel like they used to at least fund some more "gamey" video games. Just compare Naughty Dog's old stuff to the garbage they make now. Somewhere around the 7th gen, Sony just decided to completely give up on gameplay being a selling point for their published games.

So what are you guy's expectations for this game? They haven't shown any new footage outside of cinematic trailers and the game supposedly has an open world design that we've seen nothing of.

But my purchase of this abortion of an entry will not be optional.

The absolute state of Americans.
Only Jap and Euro games are worth shit

Since Sup Forums loves to spout memes first instead of reading:

>some bosses are optional
>they might kick your ass at first
>you can come back to them at any time when you're stronger

There's literally nothing wrong with what they're doing here.

They're going to have the final boss be Odin, and have a SHITLOAD of buildup, but he's all old and fucked up, so instead of a fight you immediately enter a cutscene where you just shank him and then there's a cutscene about hope for the next generation while Kratos monologues about his son.

You dun Fuck up....

>making the game easier than intended
>not forcing the player to git gud
Video games are getting worse every 3 years.

This, Sup Forums needs to learn to read.
The game is still going to suck dick.

How dare you be reasonable in this thread

It's not open world and they have shown gameplay. They call it wide linear, meaning that in every step of the linear path there will be a few optional areas to explore, which will feature bosses, items and other rewards. Some areas will be marked on the map, while others won't to make you explore.

And what about optional bosses in bloodborne?

I fucking HATE this trend of over the shoulder third person walking simulators with scripted events and a anthesis on story. Every developer thinks they're making some art house game when in reality, when you take a step back and look at the big picture, all of these games look the exact same and they're starting to become generic.

You do realize that the game director for this game is the guy who helped create the character in GoW 1, was responsible for God of War 2 - which is widely regarded as the best of the series - and the story of Ghost of Sparta, right?

The game is (sort of) open world so basically all it means is you will be rewarded for for actually exploring with some boss fights. Reminds me of the tombs in the Tomb Raider games.

No one is going to read this anyway so I don't know why I'm bothering

>look the exact same
Probably because they're over the shoulder third person?
In all actuality, it's probably easier for devs to use certain game types for their core gameplay. Hence the ubishit tower open world or the bamham combat type.

>making the game easier than intended
>this thing that they made this way is not actually what they intended
kys

I bet this is going to get raving reviews from journalists now

I literally didnt even fight any optional bosses until i read about them.

Regardless do it

>phoneposters condone this shit

G-gooooooooods...

Be honest, who's gonna get this game and why?

God of war more like god of soy.

The original headline is "God of War Boss Fights Will Be Optional" (twitter.com/GameRant/status/961008042811838464) which they have since changed to "God of War to Feature Optional Boss Fights", though either way the fucking common sense shit they teach goddam HIGHSCHOOLERS is to actually read the fucking articles. This is why Sup Forums has perpetually butthurt about journalism, they have no idea how to use it.

>Every developer thinks they're makign(sic) some art house game
This is a AAA endeavor. Last of Us was batter-coated in mainstream appeal and sold by the truckloads. There is absolutely no trace of art house at all.

I read it.

>best part of the other games
>now optional

You're deluding yourself if you believe Naughty Dog doesn't think they're making high art with The Last of Us. Naughty Dog has turned into one of the most pretentious self important game developers in the industry. A massive fall from grace.

fucking nu-Kratos is trash.

no sex scenes, no excessive gore, and now no boss fights necessary. was this game made by Telltale games?

Dark Souls had optional boss fights, so what? Or like you actually retarded enough to think EVERY boss will be optional?

What's wrong with side content again?

WHERE IS MY WIFES SON?!

Plus it makes Ganon much harder

How did you not know there were optional bosses? I literally started the game today and already fought one. The cerical wolf I think it was called. There was no point in fighting it since it didn't advance the story or opened up a new area. All I got was some item. There's a gate and door at the end of the bridge but there's no prompt to try to open either.
The first actual boss was the Father gar dude.

I really, really like this picture.

i thought this game series was pretty much only fighting bosses or atleast was the main appeal of it. so whats left as gameplay?

I never went to the bridge i skipped it and went straight to Father G.

What else is coming out on the PS4 this year? Their lineup for 2018 looks worse than the Xbox now.

Agreed completely, I'm more sophisticated when mommy buys cheerios instead of choco krispies.

Find me some interview with Druckmann that goes beyond the typical hypespeak and actually conveys not mere "high art" but genuine stabs at "art house" because where I'm sitting The Last of Us is Resident Evil 4 with saner plot and Naughty Dog is cognizant of this fact and never tries to reach beyond their grasp.

None of the bosses are optional. Play the game first sonybro

How dare you reply to your own post?

No, it's just that the bosses were usually 100x bigger than you or seemed stronger than you. That in turn made Kratos feel like a bad ass while playing. Killing regular enemies gets dull after you've met them all but I still liked the games. They're pretty dam good.

I guess I spent too much time exploring and stuff. The bridge was pretty heavily guarded so I thought that was the way on. Looked like it was leading to the castle.
Anyway, is there not many weapons in this game? I found hunter clothes and that's about it. Played for like 4 hours and still nothing.

So let me get this straight Sup Forums. I'm not allowed to criticize games for kids for being too casual, but it's a bad thing when sony decides to make their games casual?

I'm sorry, but I don't follow, and i don't want to follow. You either hate all casualization, or accept it all. You can't cherrypick when it's okay.

>Sup Forums falls for clickbait now

Just nuke this board already

The cleric beast gives you a badge that unlocks additional items at the fountain shop. Also, it's a way to get insight and some echos early on so players can level up before they reach Father G or find their first madman's knowledge item.

Allegedly, the door at the end of the bridge was meant to act as a shortcut to the Cathedral Ward not too far past Father G., but it was either left out or cut at some point during development.

Sony just doesn't care any more.

That had better mean optional bosses definition #2 read:secret bosses This game is already thin ice with and it isn't even out yet.

So it will end on a cliffhanger? I fucking love GoW 2 but they kept teasing you about Kratos getting his revenge just to finish it with a "wanna see how this ends?, wait and buy the newest console", I haven't played GoW 3 out of spite.

I guess that stuff about the industry being filled with failed Hollywood writers is true.

and this is good, how?

>now

You get weapons in different areas. Do quest and beat other hunters to get them. Sometimes theyll just lie around.

God of War is not made for children, children are literally not allowed to purchase it without a neglectful parent. A kid can go to the store and buy Mario.

I'm just going to say the truth. This isn't trolling. I'm not trying to start a flame war.

Sony is a shit company that has never cared about video games. Since day one they've pushed to make the genre more like Hollywood. They just want to make shallow, shitty, playable movies.

This is all true. We all know it. Even the hardcore, lifelong, playstation fans know it. All ten of them.

Why does Sony want to make these types of games? They can't see that god damn well, can they?

I read the interview, he clearly said that there are optional bosses in the game that you can seek out and battle if you choose added to the bosses you have to fight.