Universal critical claim

>universal critical claim
>incredible sales
>finally on stronger platform, uses tech to introduce things previously undoable like unified maps and ecosystem interaciton
>finally on fucking PC
>no more claw and hand cramps

So why are people mad?

It's too easy

played a couple of the older ones in the past, and been watching Aris play it, he's dumb as a rock if it isn't a fighting game and he's breezing through this shit, that's a bad sign. I notice stuff like the glowy sparkly shit that leads you straight to the monsters is one major thing, besides that I guess they really eased up on the difficulty in general, sad to see this series get that treatment. was never a big fan but I respected it for what it was and now the twitch audience has gotten a hold of it, and with that it needs to be more accessible

waiting on pc :(

Now bear with me just a moment.

What if...now just think about it, what if, its only easier because it ISNT on a 3.5 inch screen anymore that DOESNT require claw handing to play?

>unskipable cut scenes
>lack of monster variety
>the constant backseat commentary
>multiplayer is a mess
>very little endgame content

>glowy sparkly shit that leads you straight to the monsters
Because wandering around looking for monsters is so engaging.
With the scoutflies you still have to find a few tracks or whatever before they point you to the monster.

I think a lot of things have been smoothed out that's for sure, hitboxes better controls not shit graphics, but yeah I mean I have been playing since mhp1 but this feels easier than the rest in how most monsters behave. Also palico making you less of a.target and vigorswap and vitality mantle and health plant boosters and restock potions any time from item.box and way faster respawn herbs.and honey and super super easy egg quests

What weapons are you using fuckers? Don't tell me you main one, only faggots do that.
More weapons means more fun.

LS and nothing else. Tried a few others when I got to the tutorial but have stuck with the same one because it's fun.

Its not on the Switch

Charge Blade is stupidly strong.
Well placed super phail dischages fucking destroy
Swaxe is buffed too, with a well placed phial thrust making you auto-mount certain parts and charge up till you splode
Great sword is crazy cuz flips and shit
Same with hammers
Fuck all the weapons got so good
Bows are no longer strictly power shot OR arrow rain OR arc bomb shot/etc.

Thank fuck

The scoutflies are there because the maps are fucking labyrinths to run through at times.

GS is my go to since I like cutting tails and generally hitting like a truck, but I'm meaning to make some DBs to do flashy shit

Controls play a part but it really is easier

Too bad the engine is shit. Also, wtf is wrong with the HDR?

They casualized the fuck out of everything and stripped MH of what made it good. People saying otherwise are liars - Look at how much people complained about arts and styles and frontier despite being 1) Not nearly as bad as Worldshit and B) Optional.

But I'm not angry, if anything this game is the perfect pivot. People will play it for a few weeks, realize there's fuckall to do in the endgame and go back to buy a 3DS, download Cemu/PPSSPP or wait for Citra to not suck Duramboros cock.

That's how I got hooked, I played Tri and wanted to hunt more monsters so I bought a PSP.

>trying this hard to be condescending
I take it you didn't play anything from generations 1-4. Tells are longer, there's more ways to knock down a monster, putting down traps is almost instantaneous. One time I got attacked WHILE placing a trap and it still got placed. Mechanics have been altered to make the game easier overall.

I bet you think games from the 80's and 90's were harder because they were played on smaller screens too. Sorry champ, it's not the case. Games get easier because the average gamer gets worse and worse as more people pick up the hobby.

I personally love MHW just as much as the previous games, but they seriously need to add more challenging monsters. I've yet to fail a mission after putting 60 hours in.

>but they seriously need to add more challenging monsters

Never gonna happen. If anything they'll make the next game even easier, since that's what sells MH nowadays.

Out of all the things to change they didnt get rid of fucking L/H/G ranks. And worst still these L/H ranks are easier than other MH games.

I think the big problem is that movement became more fluid, but monsters did not become more fluid in response. They still use the same system of easily telegraphed attacks rather than making the monsters a lot smoother in their movement and attacks so the fight flows.

The main reason every MH clone failed is because they are easy as fuck. If MH isnt hard then it doesnt have a point.

It's great right until you kill the last boss of HR.

Then all you can do is hunt the same fucking monsters who now can have boosted damage. But at this point you already can craft any armor and weapons you ever want.
Autistically grinding decorations is the only endgame there is. Not to mention that the most efficient and easy way to farm is raping quests with 4 player party.
Maybe speedranners and minmaxers love this but without a proper endgame challenge it is worthless for the majority of players.

We still have G Rank and DLC quests to look forward to. By then all the casuals and streamers will have fucked off anyways, and maybe the developers will want to reward the core audience. Then again, who knows with Capcom these days.

>numbered title
>everyone knows numbered titles are barebones as hell until the G version
>at the slightest sound of criticism sonybros start spamming wojaks because this one is on Their Console and therefore is The Best Game of All Time

Because it's not super grindy with bad controls and slow animations like the other games.

Should get rid of the scoutflies and map on HR, that would make it more challenging.

I dont know why everyone has forgotten that G rank is the real MH game. LR/HR is a joke and no one gives a shit about it.

Nah they are gonna adapt the dlc model and add G rank or whatever later.
Releasing the same game but with new content every year won't work with major consoles.

takes the adventure, challenge and exploration out of it. but one of the trends of the last couple years in anything, not just video games is instant gratification, oh well

That's old MH. The sales speak for themselves, people want easy games. Any new DLC will be monsters that are even easier than what's in the base game and give insanely overpowered armors and weapons.

>running around the map blindly looking for the monster is challenging
yeah, "challenging"

None of the monster hunters have been more than above average in difficulty until G rank and all of the new-platform, original launch (aka no ultimate/G rank) monster hunters haven't had an excessive amount of content.

The amount of content/playtime World offers is also significantly higher than the vast majority of games released at its' price point. I don't these complaints, people who say they're fans of monster hunter who complain about this shit should know how this works by now.

>previous monster hunters
>monster spawns at [location(s)]
>run around until you find him/learn his spawns
There is zero adventure, challenge or exploration involved in finding the monsters in previous MH games, it's literally just wander around until you learn where they naturally spawn/move (which you can still learn and make use of in world).

>what is learning the monster's behavior and trail

Now all you need to do is run straight until the scoutflies tell you where the monster is.

Have you played the game? It's really easy to get lost in the forest. The maps are a lot more complicated than the previous games.

We'll you already know the trail and behavior by high rank, so I don't know what to tell you.

This. MH isn't a hard game until G Rank.

I don't think you have played the previous games.

>learning the monster's behavior and trail
more like just throwing a paintball at it

How do you "explore" if the game looks like this?

If anything, the best thing about MH World is how beautiful and intricate each map is, compared to previous entries. Just the multiple layers of big trees northeast of the Ancient Forest map shits all over all other MH games' maps.

So why should anyone give a shit about World?

Pretty easily. Are you really saying that you can only explore worlds if they are rendered in 1080p? Nobody explored in games before the advent of HD resolutions? I get more exploration out of fucking Zork than I do out of MHW.

It's actually because it's a high rank game, just like Gen and 4, I felt Tri was fucking hard at first but in the end it was just me not getting gud yet but that's a good point still.

alright you little faggot here's an analogy for you since everybody loves those
>arrive at store
>objective is to get [product]
>There are no indications/labels on where to find [product]
>eventually, while wandering around the store, you come across [product]
>from then on you know where [product] is and go directly there when you need it

vs

>arrive at store
>Signs/various indicators on where to find your [product] of choice
>follow the signs until you arrive at desired [product]
>from then on you know where [product] is and go directly there when you need it

wow it's almost like they have the exact same end result, one just saves time where you weren't doing anything meaningful.

Mainly bow. Started with light bowgun but only way to ever do damage was drop a wyvern blast then spam spread shots. Got boring.
Any other way to make LBG more viable or is it mainly just have a different LBG for every monster with their elemental weakness on rapid fire?
Also anyone know the damage boost for wyvern blast when my team hits it? Is it appreciated in teams Otis the damage boost not much?

I'm saying Monster Hunter is a game with a concept that deserves more resolution, more graphical fidelity to be fully realized. MH World's success is proof of that.

Of course you can have exploration on a 240p screen, you just need to make your game top-down or something to compensate. Third-person action camera doesn't suit a 3DS screen, I'm sorry Nintenbro.

>So why should anyone give a shit about World?
because its fun?

In regards to World, if you use any ammo besides slicing, cluster and wyvern ammo for damage you are playing both bowguns incorrectly. In line with that any bowguns that can't use the maximum amount of slicing shots per reload possible functionally don't exist and serve no purpose.

>Third-person action camera doesn't suit a 3DS screen
Then why are 3U and 4U so much more fun than World? Why are they filled with so much more content and challenge? Why do you have to resort to console war bullshit when faced with reality, even though as a MH fan I am an idort?

Somebody didn't read the post that was responding to.

4 amd gem at least had apex amd deviants to spice up the endgame. I feel world will be remembered less fondly in the future because it’s the one game people aren’t going to spend more than 300 hours on

you're forgetting about normalfag power in the west this time. they love it even if they struggle with it

doesn't change the answer

>console war deflection
Fastest way to show you've never played an MH game in your life prior to this. But hey, I'm sure it's a concept that deserves to run at more than fucking 25 FPS, but you'll never say a word about that.

Normalfags like the people enjoying World think that 70 hours is a lot of time to spend with a game, they would never make it to 300 anyway.

They are filled with more content, yes, but fighting a simple Barroth in MH World is more of a thrill than 2/3 of the encounters in those games, my Nintendumb friend.

>why are they filled with so much more content and challenge?
Because 3U and 4U both include the G rank expansion that actually adds the difficult part of monster hunter plus loads of content AND both reused a significant amount of texture assets and models due to their graphical fidelity being on par with previous entries in the series which you would know if you knew the first fucking thing about monster hunter or weren't a complete fucking retard.

It will on PC, but we're all thankful it's been removed from the handheld abominations.

Cheers for tip. I'll keep in mind.

didnt play tri on the wii but I'm sure there was at least a chinese dualshock clone on that, it was a problem on the 3ds on 3u but by the time you reached G rank you would get use to it, and never noticed it, hated x for the "frontierization" it got
all I wanted was to play mh on my tv, same shit as always, even the ps2 graphics, but on the ps3/4, just that, but they had to go and "westernise" it or however you write that, from the gameplay changes to the cutscenes having dialogs instead of characters just doing "ohhhh" and "ahhhh", the wyveriand sound like a drunk nip
fucking dragon quest not having overglorified VAs was a good thing, so fuck world/world G, will wait for gen 6 in the ps4/5 to see if its not shit

>but fighting a simple Barroth in MH World is more of a thrill than 2/3 of the encounters in those games
Not at all, especially since it is easier than the Barroth was even in Tri.

And again, I'm ab idort. I fucking own World. The game is neat and all, but it is far less fun than FU, 3U, 4U, or even fucking Gen. Hell, I will take Tri over this shit, because at least underwater combat spices things up.

literally a wyverian dialogue option for you.

Barroth in Tri and even 3U was far more thrilling and challenging than Barroth in World, though. With that said, the same can be said of the few returning monsters as well.

Doesn't excuse World from being total ass outside pointless visuals. Sorry Sonybro, play P3rd and you will see how much better MH used to be, and you can even dodge DAT EEEEEEBUL NINTANDOOO

Maybe I find World harder than most because I never play it sober

>liking underwater combat
what the fuck

Why do Nintendo fans' tears over MH World taste so good?

already sait its not just characters going OH and AH anymore, its someone sounding like a drunk nip trying to fill the extension of every word, and the mouth not sinking with neither the wyverian or the nip

Speak for yourself, casual. MH has always been a PSP game for most of us.

Speak for yourself. I played Frontier for a long as time on Vita

mad cuz bad lol

Show me some, I haven't seen any.

>this kills the criticism

Which is another "handheld abomination".

NINTENDOMINATION

>sales = quality
Guess CoD, FIFA, and PUBG are the best and most fun games ever! Far better than any MH.

I'm a huge Monster Hunter fan and I have been playing since Freedom Unite, but the Monster Hunter series has almost always been the same with the exception of a few new gimmicks. Also, sports games.

Yeah, CoD, FIFA, and Uncharted would never get away with that!

underwater hate came from idiots that couldn't figure out even the controls, the hitboxes of every charge attack were awful and almost never hit you, at most cause an interruption similar to wind pressure
guess the eternal cod, asscreed, mario and PES are good games because they sell a lot too

There's literally nothing wrong with underwater combat in large open areas. People just have PTSD from Lagi hipchecks in that tiny as fuck part of Flooded Forest.

Most people either like it or found it in need of improvement.

>PES/FIFA
ALRIGHT FAGGOTS, WICH ONE IS BETTER

You can play FU, P3rd and Tri on pc with any controller, believe it or not some people actually played 3U on a WiiU too

>Monster Hunter World
>Monster Hunter World G
>Monster Hunter World GX
>Monster Hunter World GXX

>all $60
>no cheaper DLC upgrade options

P3rd was on PS3, Frontier is on PC, all the games are emulatable on PC, and 3U was on the WiiU.

Looks like World didn't even come close to compensating for its massive development and marketing budgets.

>finally on fucking PC
IN 8 FUCKING MONTHS

> MH3U not even on the list
Feels good to be part of an exclusive patrician club

This.

seriously fuck the scout flies
>collect this ancient track while running towards the monster
>camera is janked 180 degrees backwards because you missed a track
>die

>GX
>GXX
now you're just strawmaning for the sake of it
post more angry doggo and slutty set
did you actually try it? the cutscenes have actual dialogs now, and they try to made up wyverian words that just sound like shit

Can't wait for MHWGXX: GotY Edition! 16fps and game breaking bugs are FEATURES! Like my Skyrims!

>you remember that one niche time 3 ultimate was on wii u

holy fuck the wii u was so bad that I didnt even remember 3U being on it

I do remember because I’m playing through it right now

>comparing sales within a franchise is the same as comparing it to other franchises
How does it feel being retarded?

>niche
it was the only way to play online, literally the only reason to own that shit on its lifetime

More like you didn't know because World introduced you to the series. Stick with post World games, Freedom Unite would eat you alive.

Its 'acclaim'.

>3U was the last game in the series where you could actually fucking name your online room
>the whole shitfest that is world's online
Why is Capcom so fucking stupid?

>having high sales speaks well of the quality of a game
How does it feel being retarded?

Wasn't Tri the last one that let you actually communicate with a goddamn keyboard during hunts instead of relying on shoutouts?

I don't know if World lets you do anything similar considering it has voice chat and I haven't done any multiplayering yet.

> angry doggo

> le lewd think

Who let reddit in?