>injustice 2 getting a slot over literally anything
Everything else looks good though

>fight of gods
is this a joke? kof exists.

should've had ufc3

> fight of gods

who the fuck even plays this

>no melee
Holy fuck, THANK YOU. What the fuck is Fight of Gods tho?

>look it up
>you can play as Buddha and Moses

Holy shit, how did this game get into fucking EVO?

Anyway, the only games I care about watching are DBFZ and Smash Wii U as far as main events go. I'm more excited to see a Soul Calibur VI side tournament.

its a photoshop, that slot is melee
kek

>M-Marvel's finished, we swear

Oh lol. I've been rused. OP edited the image. The real EVO schedule is:

1) Tekken 7 - Sunday finals

2) Super Smash Bros. WiiU

3) Street Fighter V - Sunday finals

4) BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

5) Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 - Sunday finals

6) Injustice 2

7) Super Smash Bros. Melee - Sunday finals

8) Dragon Ball FighterZ - Sunday finals

>People think this is real

meleefags on suicide watch

It's is

>no Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Holy shit, Capcom fucked up bad with that game.

>cross tag battle

wtf, this game will be out already?

Two smash games is stupid. Smash at all on here is stupid. I blame the black problem

>Kusoge Cross Battle
>Guilty Gear
>FighterZ
This is clearly photoshopped by someone who thinks AnimEVO is better

The producer of DBFZ will be fighting in EVO.

Only 2 games at evo have DP inputs

>3 arc games
Bullshit

Kinda weird how there aren't rules preventing the industry from playing their own games, but I'm not against it, this is adorable.

dat denial
destructoid.com/evo-2018-championship-lineup-revealed-486584.phtml

How did Injustice get in over ARMS

>No Windjammers
It’s shit

France stay home

>SFV still there
for how much Sup Forums claims it's dead you'd think it still wouldn't be the main event

Its dumb kusofun

ABI
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY

It would be illegal to stop someone that cute

I'm not a capcbro but I'd prefer MvCI to fucking Melee. Isn't EVO meant for newer games? If we're gonna keep having tournaments for the best games of all time, drop SFV and replace it with Third Strike, or have MvC2 up there.

only the melee community is autistic enough to yell about the game for 18 years

IJ2 gets players. If anything BB should be cut especially since it only got 600 entrants at Evo Japan where it's supposed to be popular

How long did it take for Brawl to get cut from EVO? Has Smash 4 lasted longer so far?

GG/melee are in and on sunday, everything else is extra for me

brawl was a single year because it was a piece of shit game

smash 4 has been here for 4 years and will last until the next smash comes out. Melee will be here forever as long as it has a sizable player/viewerbase (read: forever because sakurai won't make another skill based smash game)

>yfw there are 6 game announced and the 7th is Fighterz
>7 games 7 Balls make your wish for a anime evo

Big Smash 4 U is actually good.

I'd rather get Pokken then both.

so why the fuck is this in august?

Evo needs Smash 4 or any latest smash so to have melee and still be labeled as an Nintendo sponsored event

That and ARMS is fucking garbage

Because Evo Japan is a thing now

gotta give it its last year and let the DLC at least try and shine

It would be stupid for them not to include it

evo japan will be yearly? i thought it was a one-off

It's street fighter the fans of that series aren't far off from Smash fans. In fact they might be worse since they have been around far longer and are almost cult like and never give other games a chance.

Now the question remains... will GG get a finals slow that's not at a throw away time and channel?
Will top 8 have 10 Johnnys or only 7?

last evo only had 1 johnny

he won but fuck it

What about Pokken?

That's nintendo, and has the actual advantage of following traditional FG conventions and having crossover with other fighting games at the event in terms of concepts, mechanics, and systems; unlike Smash and ARMS which are significantly seperated

yep
better save up so you can buy the other half of the cast

If that balance patch goes through the way it currently is, you'll see yet another surge I'm sure. He's just a casual filter for learning, but they've added so many quality of life changes it's absurd.

>They don't know

All that matters is if it will buff Omito's johnny high enough to beat the rest of the competition.

Not familiar with EVO, but why is there dead space in the middle? If I remember correctly, the last two EVOs had 9 games running.

there'll be a ninth game, probably some "donation" drive bullshit

Why did that fat ass sound angry when he talked about Fighterz. He sounded upset. Is it just me? Also when the dev was talking the sound got all fucked up. Not trying to be conspiratorial or anything.

A lot of SFV players play other games.

he's always disliked MvC style games

Nope, only 8 games this year.

yeah because SFV sucks dick

SFIV players wouldn't be caught dead playing an arcsys game, how the tides have turned

It's an improvement, too bad it's not real and we're getting another fucking year of two shitty Smash games.

SF5, Tekken 7, DBZF, and Melee should be good times. GG will be good if enough Japanese players stop by.

Not too hyped on the rest.

>DBZfags

Hmph. All according to plan.

CrossTag should be swapped for KoF14. Ideally, I'd drop smash but I know people watch that shit for some reason beyond my understanding.

Is there even a game where a developer even holds a candle to the people that play it competitively? I honestly cannot think of one at all.

I heard Sakurai is good at Smash Bros.

KoF14 and MVCi are dead, let them go user.

There are more people playing MVC3 and KoF13 than their latest releases.

Fighting game nookie here,
I guess killer instinct and soul caliber 5 don't have communities big enough to get a spot?

might as well get nuked by north korea thanks to this bullshit

>all these faggots doomposting that melee wasn't gonna be in it
>not only it's in but it's back to the sunday slot

Feels good to not be an anti-meleefag

Brawl only lasted a year because of Nintendo direct involvement with the tournament ruleset (allowed items), which resulted in a chaotic and uninteresting gameplay that ended killing smash from EVO until 2013 happened.

I would say the odds are stupid good considering they didn't really do much for anyone else.
[spoiler[playing Pot is eternal suffering

KI didn't have the player count to justify making the show and Microsoft isn't moneyhatting it as much as they used to

Soul Calibur is old as fuuuuck and people didn't like it that much even when it was new

You are correct. Really only SF5, Tekken, Smash, and DBZF have large enough communities in the US, but we get enough internationals for the rest of the games to make it worthwhile.

This. Pokken is such a fun game.

>Smash
>Uninteresting gameplay
YOU DON'T SAY

One of the devs for Pokken, who was in the exhibiton match at the E3 invitational thing won the match against the pro Pokken player.

Granted, it was obvious to everybody in the pokken community that the Pro player (allister) threw the match, but it was also clear that the dev did keep up with the scene at least a bit, he knew some assist setups and some optimal combos.

SC5 is super old by now. KI isn't that active, AFAIK. At least at the locals and majors i've been at, there's only been a few people playing it.

even without sound i can hear the ABI GAIL

It is more that CrossTag will be out for a 2-3 months before Evo. It would be better as a side event its first year and probably wouldn't be as exciting to watch. I should know better though since this is just a marketing push like with SFV's release. MvCI is just red hot garbage and can stay gone for all I care.

Of course it was going to be in, your think the Jew would not let the 2nd (now 3rd) highest entrant game be at Evo? Dude wants to sell tickets.

SCV died a long ass time ago from rushed development/no patches. They've taken their time with SCVI and hopefully will continue to support it because I love SC

Still bitter that they never went through with any Pokken DLC for the WiiU since I have no interest in the Switch or to continually rebuy all my games second and third times.
Would have been nice to have seen it at evo though even in a minor slow. Ideally in place of BB Tag.

video games belong to anime

ARMS

>In English he's voiced by the P5 Protagonist
>In Japanese he's voiced by Reaper from OW

Yeah, The Pokemon Company has been absolutely terrible with Pokken every step of the way, I think the game's scene and community would have been much bigger had they not kept blundering, what you said is just one of many, many examples.

Just recently they dropped support from CEO because they want the whole pie to themselves, which means Pokken is getting dropped since CEO can't afford to supply the setups themselves.

They've tied their whole livelihood to the SF franchise. They have no choice but to be Capcom's bitches.

SFV is objectively shit but the Capcup is keeping it alive with its $500K price money. If you want to make a living playing fighting games then SFV is THE game. Also all of the fighting game legends play that shit too.

>literally ONE fighting game
I won't even bother to check next year. Goodbye EVO.

Most people play SF because they don't really have much of a choice in the US.

Your competitive games are SF or Tekken and that's the only local communities you'll really find unless you look pretty hard.

Which one is it?

Bye bye Capcbro

The forced lag in SFV will never not make me mad.

Kinda pissed BlazTag got in when it's only coming out 2 months before release. Rest of list is pretty expected.

no clue what fight of gods is but I'll take anything over melee

The for the clarification.
Tis a shame cos they are the fighting games I'm most interested in (varied roster of non humans in KI and variations of weapon style instead of punchy punchy in SC)

Post the clip where maximilian says MvCI will make it
Kek

user, I...

Seth Killian from SF4 probably, he used to be a pro SF2 player.

>even goes as far as to call people who play controllers to grow out of them
>intentionally designed the game to be defensive for shitters and aggressive for high level players
>is actually passionate about his game, always attends every tourney he holds
Based

Yabuki needs to stop going to tourneys and ending their dreams.

>no MvCI in the first EVO after its release
Jesus Christ. How did Capcom fuck up this badly?

by still having the actual main event? wow what a disaster