I know it's more infantry focused and at a smaller scale, but in terms of realism (ballistics, damage...

I know it's more infantry focused and at a smaller scale, but in terms of realism (ballistics, damage, authenticity of equipment) how does Squad compare to ArmA 3? I saw the V10 trailer, and it looks pretty rad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iDDiDALh9Do
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just play pr

Before I drop money on either game, what do you believe makes Project Reality better than Squad? I'm not defending Squad, I would just like to hear more.

PR is free and standalone

more content heavy and has a smarter community

play until squad gets helis or mbts

>what do you believe makes Project Reality better than Squad

PR has complete maps, helicopters, jets, tanks, boats, fob system, vietnam maps.

what PR doesnt have is pretty graphics and a double digit player base outside of weekends and holidays.

also fuck hog.

Well first its a free standalone mod of bf2. Second, its what Squad is based off of (which the mod still has way more content than Squad). Third, Squad is garbage. There is no reason other than more players and slightly less buggy mechanics to get Squad.

>arma 3
>authenticity of equipment

That's why you play with mods, bucko.

>install RU and US army packs
>try to find a server to play
>sorry you have to install HyperAutisticRadios mod, SuperCoolTacticalPistolBipod mod and 37 other mods to join

It's worth it because the gameplay is top tier. I hope for ArmA 4 Bohemia ditches the near future setting though, modern day or cold war gone hot maybe.

>cold war gone hot
So a nuclear wasteland?

>fire large rifle
>after three shots your aiming 45 degrees upwards
>movement can only be described as college student's hobby project and feels like shit
>can go prone on windowsills and slide up walls
It's crap. Nice reload animations, though.

>he thinks the nukes would completely wipe out all military personnel involved
you do realize they made plans for continuing to fight after the bombs dropped?

youtube.com/watch?v=iDDiDALh9Do
Just look at how fluid these animations are! hnnnnng, can't get that in PR. I hope Squad eventually gets planes and helicopters, and bigger maps that allow them to be used to their full potential.

Squad is fun, community is just fine, no idea about the guy complaining must be playing on shit servers. Have almost never had a squad leader who didn't give good calls and most servers even require you to have a mic or you are kicked.

So if you enjoy this style of game and want an active playerbase squad is probably your best bet. Dev's seem to care about the game and are doing nice updates pretty regularly and we are nowhere close to the finished game so you'll get to enjoy features being added.
Just an arma fag who almost never touches arma anymore and plays squad about 10 hours a week.
Well if you knew anything or even played since v10 you'd know helicopters are coming.

Best fun I've had in a long time.

I still can't believe I spent money on an early access game and got more hours out of it than most AAA titles

The weapon effects and sounds are better than any other game.

Same
Having trouble with loading times with v10, pisses me off, actually. At this point I like v9 more.

Have you cleared game cache and verified integrity of files?

>Can't lower FOV below 90
trash

Can you pick up dead people's kits? If no they can still go fuck themselves. The fact that in an apparently realistic shooter you can't take shit from dead people is fucking retarded.

lol

dunno how you miswrote that but if your being serious you need to kill yourself asap

Have they added jets and helis yet?

no

>mods
>just bunch of amrchair autists copy pasting wikipedia articles into mod.exe
if anything stock arma fantasy tanks are more accurate than mods with numbers and data literally pulled out of their ass.

>The fact that in an apparently realistic shooter you can't take shit from dead people is fucking retarded.
The word you're looking for is authentic, thanks to the vietnam war all enemy assets should be treated as if they're booby trapped.

yeah why would you want to be able to see further in this game
good job retard

Does Squad have classes ? Is there a medick and does he have infinite medkits and the ability to revive someone ?

dead game

Real armies don't take weapons off dead people anymore

>Does Squad have classes
Yes

>Is there a medick
Yes

>does he have infinite medkits and the ability to revive someone ?
Squad has a bleed mechanic, the medic gets a medkit which is unlimited and can be used to heal injured, non-bleeding players to full health, he also has a finite number of bandages which he can use to revive or stop bleeding on other players, he can top up his bandages from a supply box when he runs out other classes get a couple bandages of their own, bandaging an incapacitated player alone is not enough to bring them back to life, they need to be bandaged first then healed a bit with the medkit as well before they can rejoin the fight.

Nope but was just reading up on that and I hope that works better than no shadows

So if a guy with AT launcher dies his squad isn't allowed to use his launcher to deal with tanks? Man, real army sure sucks.

Yes, you don't use weapons you haven't been trained on, in that situation you just fuck off and call in close air support.

SQUAD is good but I've only even gotten one good squad leader who knew what they were doing and yelled at people for straying away trying to go rambo. The community is seriously lacking

Thanks for the answer. Is there a class that can deploy a supply box or is it only at specific points of the map ?

ever*

would anyone who survived be willing to fight over the irradiated hellscape that used to be Earth at that point?

Does war ever change?

Squad leaders can construct supply boxes basically anywhere, however they can only be built within range of a previously built forward operating base that has been supplied by a logistics truck.

Why do both of these games run like shit ?
Do i just have a toaster ?

You're lucky. I play on Chinese servers with barely any knowledge of the language.

I hope the US army gives everyone basic training in anti-tank weapons. I was a Swedish radio operator conscript and even I got trained in disposable AT-launchers.

Squad is on sale for $20 right now, is it worth it at that price?

>Play Arma 2 with a group of people who do basic military stuff like moving in a wedge , fire and movement etc
>Love it and spend most my spare time playing it
>want to get into Arma 3
>Every group is some high speed low drag larping group with office hours, actual ranks and fixed positions in a platoon

Why does nothing compare to those Arma 2 days lads

what CPU do you have?

Limited exchange is the most realistic scenario, actually.

>USSR invades western europe
>HATO uses nukes to nuke Soviet formations in West Germany
>USSR nukes HATO formations in western europe
>nukes keep flying, but they're actually not very effective against dispersed military formations, especially when they're entrenched
>HATO gets kicked out of western europe
>the USSR controls a blasted wasteland
>cold war goes back to normal

Daily reminder that HATO were the bad guys.

LOL that's not how basic training works fuck-o. Everyone is trained in everything, those who excel then become designated X. Anons complaint about not being able to utilize a downed squad members kit is valid. Quit trying to justify dev incompetence as "realism".

>those who excel
read: those who piss off the most people

>be a shitcunt
>congratulations user, it's your job to carry the MG
I sure do love lugging 20 pounds of ass around.

I love how every modder has a completely different set of arbitrary stats that they work from as well. Nothing quite like watching WW2 tanks tear through modern armour whilst being completely impervious to everything.

If you've got a microphone and a lot of patience

You're just playing with the wrong groups

Squad plays better than PR, anyone who disagrees is memeing you, PR gunfights are dog shit.

It is also better than arma because it was designed for PvP, watch any video of arma PvP and it is the same rubber banding and shitty netcode that arma has always been. You will only see a little that on the worst squad servers, not the majority like arma.

It is low on content though, this is true. You wouldn't think it would be hard for them to add new shit but whatever, they're on a budget or some shit I don't know. They're going for some kind of asymmetrical thing too, insurgents/militia don't get the amount of optics that russian and us infantry get, but have things like mines, IED, heavy anti-tank kit that the us/russia don't. Also having to use strykers with only a .50 to combat a 30mm BTR is fucking annoying as shit, stryker MGS when.

in squads case the game hasn't been properly optimized yet and performance is bottle necked by the cpu. many of the engines operations are bound to the same cpu thread rather than being evenly distributed across the 4+ available in modern processors.

NO NO NO NOOO

PR is better and has more content plus its free

>helis or mtbs

?

>HATO
Very subtle, commie

Every squad thread has poorfags who don't know this is the sequel to PR made my the same devs. Is it willful ignorance or do people just type things without the filter between their brain and fingers?

Fuck your spoiled millenial ass in your comfortable suburban house in a first world western country that even lets you say shit like that. In the USSR you'd get beaten with rubber batons or disappear.

t. actually lived under communism

I wish I had a better CPU and more RAM for Squad. I absolutely love it but it has been unplayable on my machine for about a year now.

the real wilful ignorance is the comparison in how much content the two have despite the fact PR has been around far far longer

>It is low on content though, this is true. You wouldn't think it would be hard for them to add new shit but whatever, they're on a budget or some shit I don't know.

Lazy, incompetent, pick two.