IT'S TIME

IT'S TIME

Does Sup Forums still give a shit about Evo? If so, why?

>smash in a fighting game tournament
And these fuckers want to be taken seriously?

MvC:I BTFO KEK

THIS.
FIRST THING I NOTICED.
AHAHAHAHHA

Post yfw MVCi didnt make it in.

I enjoy watching black people chimp out, it's great fun.
Plus the fights are good sometimes

Where's MvCi? I've been hard on this game and it's not in the line up?

They don't want games that nobody plays.

WHERE'S ARMS?

>anime's still in
>both Smash's still in
>SonicFox wins NeatherRealm game part 32: Electric GigaBoogaloo
>NO MVC
>CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM >CAPCOM

I like it

what was the reason behind not having Arms?

>the city of MVCI
How is it possible to fail so badly?

I wish smash wasn't on the line up but the rest seems ok. Not because I hate smashfags, but because melee is stale as fuck and smash 4 is boring to watch.
Happy that MVCI isn't getting representation, but they really should have brought in MVC3 or maybe MVC2 to fill the void.

If you mean Melee is stale as fuck in terms of who wins, it'll probably be better this time around. Armada has been playing like shit recently and Plup just won G5 a few weeks ago, so anything can happen.

It happend? MvC:I did so bad that it is not even in the main line lineup?

Does this team Capcom will actually have to start trying or are they going to double down on Street Fighter V.

I barely still give a shit about the super bowl, but I still watch it. Same with evo. It's mostly rituals at this point.

I don't even follow melee that closely but I know the field has been closer than it has been in a very long time, with the people just below the gods actually getting a lot better. Mvc2 would be incredible but it would never happen.

Is the era of Capcom fighting games dominating the fgc over?

If capcom doesn't get it's shit together for games that aren't monster hunter it very well could be.
I know people are tired of sucking the capcom cock so at the very least the "masses" won't be choking down the next big capcom fighter just because it's capcom.

>2 smash games again

Monkeys love their shit.

hehe i like when da same four guys mak it 2 finals, urrnnghh i likey da funneh cartoon characters fite each oter. woosh! bam! so fst nd technical, smash brudders is so a skill...more skill tan ne oter gam....

Smash 4 gave birth to a SF champion.

Don't know what to say about Melee though.

I watch the top 8s but I haven't played fighting games much since SF4 died.

woah it's almost like melee has been at EVO for 4 years straight

once again Tekken is the best game there

>3 Arc System Works games
>2 Namco games
>2 Smash (again)
>1 Capcom game
>It's SFV

Oh god my sides. Finally better games are being taken seriously.

You're pathetic you know

>city
you mean neighborhood of 6-10 people?

SEETHING

>If nintendo didn't pay for two slots to shill their non-fighting games we could've had Infinite and KI

>no ARMS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kek

>I don't like this fighting game! I get legitimate joy from seeing it fail so no one gets to play it!
I play a little of everything, I just happen to like SFV too. You don't see me celebrating that Rev 2 has no players because I would actually like to get some matches on that game other than during weekend prime times. You're a brand loyalist, not a fighting game fan.

>3 ArcSys games
>1 Capcom game
Oh wow.

you realize nintendo doesn't officially support melee right?

That goes to Evo Japan now

The absolute cul-de-sac of MVC:I

Why is an old game like Melee there but not something like SF2?

>TWO Smash games
>No KoF

Super Turbo gets plenty of its own events elsewhere. Have you heard of Combo Breaker?

Why can't they just replace either of the smash games w/ Pokken?

Yeah it's surprising that they're still pushing a wii u game instead of pokken on the switch

>cross tag blunder

Why tho

Namco games
Don't be that guy.

>smash 4 is going to last all the way up until smash 5 at Evo
I don't play fighting games or smash but doesn't this kinda btfo everyone that said it would only last 1 year, 2 at best?

>I don't play fighting games or smash
>fighting games or smash
I don't care how long Smash is at Evo as long as this distinction is made. They'll never truly get the validation they want.

who are you talking about? Validation from who??

>3 ArcSys games
>1 Capcom game
Feels so good.

But out of those 3 how many are good?

I hate smash with a passion but we got guilty gear on sunday, dbfz, and blazblue tag

im happy.

>Melee is popular
>Brawl comes out
>It's slow, boring, and shallow
>It's also shit
>Brawl nearly kills entire scene
>Melee has grassroots revival
>Smash 4 comes out
>It's not shit.
>But it's still slow, boring, and shallow, just like Brawl
>Half of the community sticks with SSBM, because it's more fun to play at a high level
The window for a new and simplified version of melee has passed. They've become like Quake 3 players and won't accept any new games unless they're 90% the same as Melee. Eventually, this will lead to Melee dying out and becoming only a few people, just like Quake 3.

>It's always ArcSys fans shitposting and infighting
Almost makes me regret getting into Rev 2 and DBFZ

>Blazblue Tag

jesus christ talk about a wasted slot

2. Nobody knows if BBCTB is good yet but I gotta say chances are it's not.

>Smash 4 on the lineup again

JUST

>BBTAG instead of BBCF 2.0

goddamnit

I hate this. I'm tired of unreleased games getting announced for Evo. What if it completely fucking sucks in balance or just sucks in general? And this is the reason there so much fucking dlc. They wanted to rush this game out before Evo.

of all the games to criticize you pick the most popular japanese arcade game?

It's an arcsys game, terrible balance is assured. Will probably still be fun though.

Tag Battle isn't even out yet nor is it coming to arcades, dumbass

I'm fine with BB tag but it's an american tournament.

Then again I guess at that point it'd just be SF and Tekken.

it's just a mashup of already good games (blazblue, uniel, etc)

the systems wont be entirely new

Kind of is

Melee Fans & Sm4sh fans want different things.

Only way for them to replace Melee & Sm4sh is for Nintendo to make a new Smash that plays like Melee. It would appease Nintendo by marketing their new game, while appeasing Melee fans who just want all the same mechanics. Best case scenario would be for them to have a game with an option for "Sakurai" mode for all the things he wants the game to be accessible and then a "Melee" mode for all the Wavedashing bullshit tournament play.

BBTAG's biggest mistake apart from its DLC blunder was putting Blazblue in the title. It fucking doesnt play anything like BB. Or Persona. Or UNIEL

Last year Dragon won Evo and other major netherealm tournament, Sonic spend to much time on... guess what, Mahvek Infi, lol.

>BBxTB
>not even out
>fg for even bigger casuals
>based off BB which is a casual GG to begin with
>rwby now included for maximum cringe
>kusoge levels off the charts
>not even complete
>blazblue
>half the roster locked behind paywall
>no depth
>blazblue
Why did this make it into evo again

I don't understand why they're so desperate to get this validation they seek. Smash is different. It has it's own history, separate from the FGC, as well as it's own culture. For better or for worse, Smash needs to own up to that, and stop trying to pretend Smash is a fighting game. It's unique, and that's ok.

Even on a basic level, Smash isn't a fighting game.
>In fighting games, you can walk backwards,. You typically always face the opponent, except in rare circumstances.
>In Smash, you can move forwards in either direction without a problem, but moving backwards requires glitches in Melee, and is only doable with some characters in Smash 4 (And only when crouching)
>Fighting games allow you to win by getting rid of all of the opponent's life
>Smash does not have life points by default, and most players do not play the mode that has life points
>Fighting games normally have flat stages. The only exceptions are 3D fighters, which can sometimes have tilted stages, or stages where you knock people onto a different stage,.
>Smash stages are mostly multi-tiered, and involve jumping to and from platformers
>Fighting games only have two teams of fighters at once
>Smash can have up to 8 combatants in a free for all

The only things Smash has in common with Fighting Games are:
>Both involve fighting
>Both have cameras that don't rotate during gameplay, and only during specific cinematic moves
>Both have special moves

But the thing is.... I can say the same shit about WWE All-Stars. Hell, that game actually has life points. But WWE All-Stars is a Wrestling Game that takes influence from Fighting Games. Smash is a Platformer that takes influence from Fighting Games, but it's still not a fighting game.

They were doubling down on SFV from the start.
Remember: "SFV DLC has more budget than the entirety of MVCI"

Smash is an 2D fantasy sumo wrestling game

>Melee on the lineup again
FTFY

What's next year?

Competitive Mario party?

>Implying a Main Stage Finals heading into the final round and someone lands on the Chance Time space wouldn't be the hypest shit ever.

>3 arcsys games.

What a time to be alive.

>creator of Smash asked if Smash is a fighting game
>"Sakurai: I think it's because it is, in fact, not a fighting game."

It's more like, Smash is a fighting game because "fighting" is the best descriptor for what you actually do in the game, and the particular subgenre that most people refer to as "fighting games" are better described as "Street Fighter clones".

>Evniggers so scared by a gay diaperfurry beating them again, they had to ban his entire game

AHAHAHAHJAHAJAJAHAJAHAHAHAHA

You got your answer a bunch of times, you just playing retarded now?

>putting a game that's not even out in the lineup

>no King of Fighters

Another terrible EVO

What?

Fucking Sakurai himself said that Smash is a party game, not a fighting game and told Melee players to stop with playing with "competitive rules" where 90% of the game is ignored because of "competitive balance"

>MvCI is so dead they had to put InJUSTice 2 instead
Top fucking kek.

Do I have downs? I found GG easier to pick up than BB by a mile. There is just something about the links in BB that just throw me off.

Injustice 2
BBCT
Tr4sh
All these games are in because of sponsorship money

>cross tag
So the game isn't even out yet and it's trying to compete with the new Rev 2 update AND DBZ? Holy shit this thing is a trainwreck.