Disgaea

Is this the most underrated series ever?

Atelier
Dynasty warriors
Shining

Probably one of, yeah.
4 > 2 > 5 > 1 > 3

Do these games ever get better? I played Disgaea 1 & 2 on PSP (along with Etna and Axel Mode) and both games felt like a slog.

Really hope the update for 1 is an actual updated release and not just Disgaea PC with some extra stuff. Really hope they at least acknowledge some things from DD2 sometime in the future since its story execution was so awful.
5 > 4 > 1 > DD2 = 2 > 3

I'd agree but I haven't played 5. Thus far, 4 is my fav.

>sardines is top-tier
Glad we're all in an agreement here.

>numbers: the game
No thanks

when will they stop having anorexia?

No, it's literally n1's biggest franchise. 3 is one of the most underrated games tho, just look at this thread

The official art style makes everyone looks so skinny

I like skinny

>ywn rub an ice cube all over that slim tummy and watch it shiver and flinch to the chilly contact

>there still exist people who doubt she's best girl

Does she have an alt look where's she's flat?

That's what a remake is, I'm expecting D1 copypasted except with HD sprites and D5's system.
They'd probably have to rebalance it since D1's postgame is practically nonexistant, D1's item world is a mess, and D1 is a cakewalk by later game's standards. Lamington wasn't even lv.100, while Void and Lieze were around 150-200.

The games get more refined as the series progresses. D1 fucking sucks to play if you play the later release. Give Disgaea 5 a try, there's a demo on both the Nintendo EShop and PS Store. Holding the R2 button skips animations, and holding the O/B button speeds literally everything up. Combine these two and get in the flow of battle and you'll be fighting at the speed out sound.

>speed of sound

It's even more incredibly on PC. I am almost completely unable to play theses games without a mouse anymore.

more like the most underDRESSED series. those children should really be wearing more clothing

the only underrated thing in disgaea is laharl-chan

It seems to work just fine for her.

I wish Etna wore less

>Underrated
Obviously not if there's daily threads about it

why is etna touching her neck in all concept art?

I like disgaea

Fetish collar shit

The thinking man's fetish.

not if you look at all its ports

So.. you are dumb, and.... proud? That's your argument?

How many hours would you say you have sunk into this series?

Got disgaea5 for switch thinking I'd löike it but it was uttermost boring. I'm still bitter about wasting my money on that.

Disgaea is massively overrated relative to the entire rest of Nippon Ichi's work.

I'm in the Disgaea 3 post-game and haven't touched the game in a few weeks because I need to grind out pirate encounters for like 20 tickets for those dark world levels, then I need to beat those to unlock the Land of Carnage, but I just don't want to. I know the game is all about grinding, but that shit is tedious.

It was never underrated. More like the series' time has lost past. I remember back in 2008 when this game was everywhere in gaming forums.

I don't think so.

Gee i can't wait for Etna's next appearance

Maybe the pattern will change now that nintendo's in the equation

Lolicious

Assuming you're talking about actually good games like Phantom Brave or Soul Nomad then the main problem is those games are underrated, and a lot less so that Disgaea is overrated.

Bow down to your master.