youtube.com/watch?v=8wuw_lLH46s
youtube.com/watch?v=dfRMRWfbtCg
youtube.com/watch?v=JcHkfLgsqZo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It should be Saint's Row 2 2.
That's all any of us want.
Please, Volition.

Just give up dude.
After Agents of Mayhem there's not a chance. They think people want the super wacky story, when we just want a fun game with a cool story with lots of varied activities throughout it and the world.

a confirmed cancelation

>taking over an enemy territory, driving home to your swanky loft in your pimped out exotic sports car, eating some gyros and smoking a fat doob to some reggae while you count your money with your homies

pretty much this, but if we can't get that just please make the map memorable and the fix(add in) the car mechanics and bring back radio stations with ads and junk.

storywise we should be what's left of the Morningstar, Brotherhood or the Vice Kings and 3rd Street Saints should be the antagonists since they're overwhelmingly powerful.

If anything, agents of mayhem taught them that this isn't what people want, since it flopped hard.

>tfw Agents of Mayhem's only fan
I want Daisy to step on my cock

Reboot the series and retell the rise and fall of the Saints, using the elements that were unused in 3. Start as a street gang, which becomes a criminal empire in the second act, and finally evolves into a media phenomenon in which the long-time Saints get fed up with the gang's direction and splinter off into their own gang, and you're forced to choose between siding with your homies or siding with your name.
Keep the game in Stilwater, but expanded and polished. Steelport can make an appearance in name, maybe a mission or two, but keep it out of the spotlight. Cars and hood shit should be a core focus, with the crazy powers and weapons making an appearance late-game as STAG's experimental toys, which you can steal in side missions and use for a limited time in freemode.
Customization should be a priority, since part of the appeal of Saints Row has always been the character creator. Keep the newer games' body sliders and the older games' clothing selection while improving on both.
And most importantly, keep the multiplayer in and expand its functionality without letting it become an absolute shitshow like GTA V's did.

Get rid of Kinzie, she was alright in 3 but fucking unbearable in 4.
Fuck, make the Boss actually scary again.

GTA V's multiplayer being so utterly terrible, despite the grand amount of things you can do, is a clear thing Saints Row can exploit.
Hell, they have potential to beat them just by using their character creator, GTA's character creation is an absolute farce.

Some actual fucking substance.

Fucking this. Kinzie is the devs' waifu and it shows.
Kinzie is the only person in all of SR who ever made the Boss apologize, not to mention the fact that she's a fucking hypocrite who's totally okay with putting the mission in jeopardy for her desires but flips her shit when anyone else does so.

I've thought about this for a while, especially since GTA Online is pretty much Saints Row with a cash shop at this point. Fans of both franchises are crying for a return to form and there's room in the market for an open-world petty crime simulator, so if Volition is smart, they'll strike while the iron is hot.

>hey, people liked this character
>lets make her a giant fucking mary sue

Hell no. Saints Row 2 boss was a fucking monster.

But Agents of Mayhem is technically SR5.

They should just use the dude sex machina they wrote in Gat Out Of Hell and reboot the series. We really don't need another cuhrayzee for the sake of cuhrayzee SR right now.

The Boss turned into a monster, which was fucking great.
The Third Street Saints started as a actual reaction to gang-violence, people banding together to fight the big dogs.

Then becoming the absolute worst of them.

THAT'S WHAT MADE HIM A GOOD CHARACTER

holy shit

The fact that The Boss in SR2 is an actual legit psychopath (complete with a short temper and ability to fake an affable, humorous personality) is what actually makes him a really good character, rather than "Dashing Quirky Lead Character #2557" they made him into from SR3 onwards.

Like he's literally interchangeable with any generic shitty western protagonist - you could swap SR3 Boss for Ezio or Nathan Drake or etc and it would make no fucking difference.

>that moment Kinzie punched the Boss just for mentioning she wore a skirt
It wasn't funny, it was extremely aggravating. Not even a thank you for a dumbshit fucking dubstep mission. If that was Saints Row 2 Boss she would be fucking dead a few seconds later.
Everything about Kinzie rubbed me raw, even her loyalty mission smacked of desperation and the game bending over to lick her toes.

>you could swap SR3 Boss for Ezio or Nathan Drake or etc and it would make no fucking difference
Really, user? Really?

one of the male voice options in SR3 was Nolan North

This was unironically, far and away the best element of Saints Row 2. The Boss did some horribly fucked up shit but they never did it unprovoked, which is why it worked. You could argue that the Boss’s retaliations are needlessly excessive, what with making a rival gang leader unwittingly crush his girlfriend to death in a monster truck rally and the like, but that’s what you get when you fuck with Third Street.

Describe aspects of SR3/SR4's The Boss without using the words "roguish", "leading man", or "charismatic".

He is ultra-fucking generic. SR2 Boss was actually a legit unhinged person, which is what made him especially such a delight at a time when GTA was going farther and farther into their "criminal who is just a nice guy and doesn't wanna be a criminal" thing.

Because Ayy Lmao kinda boss is so much better. Sure.

You play as boss criminal. You never were meant to be moralistic, likeable or good guy. You always were low scum wanting quick sum who didn't give fuck for morals if they didn't had big green on them.

Difference between SR2 you and mute you in SR1 is that now you're one giving those orders and not doing that dirty work for someone else.

A subtle different between 2 and 3 is that 2 shows the boss being a sociopath while 3 has to tell you that he's one.

It shouldn't exist.
Everything after 2 is terrible.

Another thing about the Boss’s psychopathy was that it made the cutscenes so much more entertaining. Saints Row 2 is one of the few game that has cutscenes that I love. Some of the shit in that game is so brutal.

While not directly related to the Boss, tell me you don’t get chills when you see this shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=IF49SptPk0c

A Randy Pitchford and Cliff Bazinga skin.

At this point I'd fucking pay for a Saints Row 2 remaster.

post the rest of it

I don't want to see any saints row game after I played 3 and 4. I didn't want to get Gat out of hell or agents of mayhem, even though both of them have been sealed 10 eurodollars for a while now.
Even if they make another brilliant game on par with SR2, I probably wouldn't buy it, since I'd be extremely doubtful.

Layered clothing.

Or just a decent PC port.

Can we get Freckle Bitch's back?

I can't.

Shaundi is still bigger Sue then her. But Gat takes Sue cake when it comes to all.

Wacky stereotyped gangs like the Yakuza and the Reggae guys from 2

This desu. Stop making lol so random gta clones and make fucking Freespace 3 already. Gta clones are like a decade out of style and space games are coming back.

If they absoutely insist on shitting out one trash gta clone after another they could at least make saints row 2: 2 except not saints row and have it be an all new franchise. ditch most of the over the top wacky shit and go back to the semi-wacky semi-serious tone of sr2.

I wanted to see that character develop more after the events of 2 and they threw it all away for wacky bullshit.

>that cut scene
Found out if you hang around the area for a little while you can hear him yell for a bit.

I hope they continue the direction of Saints Row 5 and just go fucking bananas. Flying around Saints Row IV with super powers and a dope soundtrack was fucking amazing. I feel for you guys who liked two the most tho.

I'm okay with almost anything as long as Laura Bailey is back.

But, yeah, they've found a time machine at the end of 4, right? That gives them an opportunity to go back to their SR1 and 2 days and doing everything right this time.

Sort of a remake of those two games but fresh enough ro warrant a new game. Would be nice.

>ro
to

Saints Row 2 and The Third.
Meaning, the game allowed multiple choices in certain moments for the MC, one decision will usually lead to the ridiculous stuff from The Third and IV, while the other will general keep the serial vibe of 2. So you can play the game with the MC not being a living meme

You’re not alone
I wanna sit on Hollywood's cock

>What should Saints Row 5 have?
No Johnny Gat. He's the Poochie of the series.

Less P2W DLCs
For fuck sake, the chain explosion blast from a Saints Row IV DLC trivializes everything as regular people instantly die in an explosion that keeps spreading, only things to actually survive it are the murderbots, pilots and drivers are also affected by the chain explosion, along with passengers

Either way, should probably keep the wacky elements, I liked them

Johnny Gat is probably intentionally overhyped, or else I'm out of the loop and everyone overwhelmingly liked Johnny

Been an actual Saints Row game.
>Gat out of Hell's Canon ending sets up for a great Hot Fuzz style Police Parody game
>Make Agents of Mayhem instead

I never understood the Gat thing myself. I get that he was supposed to be the Boss's best friend but I never got that impression from them. It didn’t really feel like he treated him any different from the rest of his crew. Then in IV they basically turned it into some strange idol worship from the Boss's perspective.

desu I think Volition wanted to hook them up eventually, which is ironic because in IV you could fuck Gat if you wanted.

That ending of GooH is the one that Agents of Mayhem follows, hence why Gat's a cop in it

SR4 was actually done really well when it came to the wacky shit
>The MGS mission
>The Streets of Rage mission with Gat
>The Text Adventures and missions
>The option to romance everyone except for Keith David, for no reason at all
Only stuff that was kinda lame was the DLCs for it, since they were all crazy short. How the Saints Saved Christmas was at least fun for the ten minutes you were carpet bombing presents.
I think by IV it was a joke.
That's the problem, it only does loosely and Gat's the only carry-through.

>I think by IV it was a joke.
It’s a joke but the dialogue in that small scene definitely isn’t. While the Boss would approach other characters in a joke or just asking for causal sex, they approach Johnny really awkwardly and starts speaking about their feelings for him.

Kinzie is in AoM too

Even though the boss in SR3 is essentially different character altogether, I'd like to think some of Julius' words in SR2 is partially the reason why they toned his character down.

youtube.com/watch?v=uagmsJ8xKtE

Every saint in IV is a mary sue but fucking pierce

>ctrl+f "british"
>0 results
If you didn't use the British voice, you're a fairy.

I could never take these kinds of scene seriosuly because I always used the Cockney Brit accent. All theses guys using early 2000 urban slang and speech patterns and then the Boss just cuts in with that heavy as fuck accent and changed the tone of the scene so mucn

the cockney voice in SR2 was so bad

Cockney voice in SR2 was the best. Edgy Brit in The Third onwards sucked, which is a shame because Tryo Baker was the only other option,b it at least you could edit it to be slightly deeper

pleb
I still used it in 3 and 4 for the sake of my own autism.

It’s funny how you couldn’t play as an ordinary white dude in SR2. You were stuck with a black, Hispanic, or British dude

>they've found a time machine at the end of 4, right?
no also the devs said gat out of hell was the final game in the series, its over

I think you mean best.

'oo you callin' fairy, you titless bastard?

>use british voice
>use Jason Statham sliders

Literally the best playthrough

Can I play this on an xbox one? My 360 finally died recently, and I don't feel like dealing with the bullshit that is the PC port.

>sake of my own autism.
The voice was the least of my concerns. The art style shift was what really killed me. The Boss look so different and it was basically impossible to recreate the guy I used in SR2

Also her loyalty mission in IV was overcoming her fear of... CYRUS? When in 3 was it ever established Cyrus was her adversary. It was implicitly clear her only antagonist is Matt and the girls taken at the end are Sasha Grey and Shaundi. Yet 4 makes this huge deal how she has PTSD from fighting him and slowly overcomes it. Can we stop with the Kinzie wank?

I always give him a full beard, so I guess I never really noticed.

youtube.com/watch?v=8wuw_lLH46s
>Enjoy retirement Matt

This is fucking disgraceful and you should be ashamed. The Cockney voice was the only one with conviction.

youtube.com/watch?v=dfRMRWfbtCg

more sliders for sexappeal?

I figured her loyalty mission was just a continuation of her rescue mission.

Why the hell wasn't her simulation something like her being perpetually overshadowed by Matt or stuck in a situation where hacking can't get her out of? that shit would've fit her character a lot more than recycling the boss's simulation.

I don't think the Saints as a gang were that terrible (or at least the game didn't do a good job of showing it), but the Boss was completely ruthless.

They really need to work on their map building. The saints row maps are so bland with no landmarks or distinct neighborhoods around, everywhere looks the same.

I just want to go back, Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=JcHkfLgsqZo

What does it mean if GTA IV and Saints Row 2 are two of my favorite video games of all time?

>Saints Row maps are bland

Is this bait? Are you actually being serious right now my dude?

Coming from someone who's played every single open world GTA style game ever released with the exception of Drive, I can safely say Saints Row 2's map is one of the greatest open world urban maps of all time.

Literally only beaten by San Andreas

That you have refined taste and can enjoy a wide variety of good shit. Although my like of GTA IV has only lessened over the years, I still liked it a lot back then.

It's all one big generic city. It's like they didn't evolve out of GTA III's map design.

Be honest with me user, you have only played Saints Row 3 or 4?

Surely you're thinking of Steelport. Stilwater is extremely varied, with each neighborhood having its own distinct feel.

I played 2 and 3. Never bothered with 4 it looked like it was pandering to the reddit crowd way too hard.

4 is a lot better than 3

You're alright, even though IV was one of my least favorite GTA's.

Well all I can say is that it might be time to revisit Saints Row 2 then. Because to say it has no landmarks or distinctive neighborhood is nothing short of silly

Saints Row 2 is even unique in the sense that the developers made something specific called the "LIFE" system that'd personalize all random pedestrians by giving them loads of animations and context based actions depending on who they where and what part of the city they were in.