Bear

>Bear
>Seek
>Seek
>Lest

Yeah

Damn, what a game

Emerald Herlard is best firekeeper. Not only she's the cutest, she was also created just for you

I prefer my women silent.

I like how she starts to stalk you halfway through the game and gets proggressively more protective of you. At the beginning of the game she just thinks you're a useless hollow.

She's the only level up lady that actually follows you to levels. I always thought it was odd you can never co-op with her.

Real talk how did lautrec kill her when she was behind bars?

Convoluted.

He actual has a crossbow

It was his waifu that killed her

How do we know he's the one that killed her? Just because she dies if he gets unlocked?

Long, sharp stick, my friend. Long, sharp stick.

Because he has her soul on him, and drops it if you kill him.

Majula... being beside the sea genuinely reminds me of home

Shotel ignores guard.

Go to bed, Lautrec

Yeah, I honestly really liked that about her too. Kind of wish she got more development/screentime, though

*teleports inside your cell*
*unzips shotel*
nothin personnel

>Please
>Play
>A Better
>Soulsgame

I wosh you could do that with real women

Correct

>character development
>in a Dark Souls game
nah man instead Patches is going to show up for the third time

Enemies can hit through walls

she actually follows you to levels?

best souls

What is her fate by the start of DS3?

Yeah, like DkS3! Remember the blind gal that doesn't care about you? That was great. Or all the references from previous Souls that are there solely to reap nostalgia bucks? They're such great characters, and you should be ashamed to like the second one for any NPCs, as if it was the game's strength, you faggot!

>t. brainlet

I'm just gonna post the actual best firekeeper, because some people in this thread seem to be confused.

Can't speak for Bloodborne, but the only other contender in that regard is DaS, and DaS2 beats it in a lot of ways. It might be jankier and uglier, but DaS2 is a more complete game.
It's probably the best Dark Souls game in terms of level and build variety, not even meme'ing.

DS2 is after DS3

I wish Shanalotte had more lewds. She's the bustiest of the level up ladies, right?

Sweet merciful Jesus, you've made my day user.

time is convoluted
also the only somewhat reference to her is the naming conventions of Ocelotte, who is also a child of dragons.

but then they pussied out and decided that making a baby go splat was too edgy even for faggots who write dog shit like "the soul of the blood of the wolf"

>best firekeeper
Pic unrelated, I guess

Interesting, considering that items and areas from DaS2 show up in DaS3

Kek

nah she just appears behind a few random doors and lifts, only to spew a few lines of bullshit before fucking off.

How? She was bland as fuck.

she just appears in certain places, she is following you, but there is no animation of that

I loved her personality:
>Touch the darkness inside me
and
>I have eyes now and don't like fire anymore

You can see the development so well! Such well-rounded NPC, desu!

She follows you while you're not looking

>doesnt need to wear mask to cover face

Emerald herald is best waifu, firekeeper is ugly

She shows up at the entrance to Drangleic Castle and the Dragon Aerie too, iirc.

The bloodborne one is pretty overrated. Shes just some old guys real doll that started talking after she was filled with enough jizz

>milquetoast non-character
>blind as fuck
>no personality or ambitions whatsoever, fine with you giving her eyes or murdering her on whim
They should have just deleted her from DS3 and given her model to Irina.
That way we could level up at bonfires and if people wanted a firekeeper they could go do her quest line. And then they don't need to throw her in a fucking crypt because they're absolute fucking hacks.

Pandering is a problem in the second game tool. Dragonslayer was more obnoxious than anything in DaS 3. Not only that but all the pandering in DaS 2 feels worse since the game takes place tens of thousands of years after DaS 1. This is a big problem with both sequels

In the crypts too if I remember correctly, after you find Vendrick

I was more talking about the games in general, but fair enough. I do like the Doll/ Maiden in Black's VA, though: the Maiden's voice in particular is perfect.

DkS3 fucked up the timeline - 2 is set clearly ages after the first one - shard of Lordvessel, ruins of the Sun Altar, Shanalotte's character, it all points to it, and makes the first one insignificant, and the second one has a hopeless air to it thanks to that.

But Team A came back for the 3, and decided that we need to bring back the cliched Chosen One epic, and hammed in DkS2 characters and items to make sure no one claims that there's actually something original in Souls.

Fucking hated 3 mostly because of that.

>tfw only recently learned i-frames are tied to a stat in DaS2.
>tfw only recently learned they changed the equip load and how it affects rolling in it from DaS1.

So many ragequits, so many playthroughs unfinished.

>DaS 2 feels worse since the game takes place tens of thousands of years after DaS 1
I guess you're okay with NPCs from DaS1 APPEARING in DaS3?

>Maiden in Black=Shanalotte>Doll>DSIII Firekeeper

are we sure is the same firekeeper?

Old Hunters makes her make more sense, though, with the Lady Maria details.

>Dragonslayer was more obnoxious than anything in DaS 3

They literally did Dragonslayer's Armor after that. It's obnoxiousness squared.

I already told you that I consider it a problem. Both sequels are hurt by their pandering to Dark Souls 1 rather than being completely new things with similar gameplay and tone. You know, like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1

You know you can use that soul to resurrect her, right?

>You did that, r-right?

More obnoxious, maybe, but the saturation was much lower. DaS3 kind of gives them an out for that, too, when they confirm that Ornstein left Anor Londo, although the fact that Nameless King just went a few miles from home undermines it a little. I guess you can reconcile that with DaS3's idea of lands converging, though, because that's the only way a dragon stronghold could be that close to the Gods without them turning it into a smoking pile.

How can one man be so wrong? You could literally replace this bitch with a statue for levelling up and nothing would change. Fucking levelling at bonfires in DS1 had more charm and soul to it then she does

In 2 it makes it connect with the first one, as it has to, because it's a sequel. In 3 there's a whole list of useless, nonsensical nostalgia bait, that makes no sense with the story.

And even then, it has an entirely different moveset. Old dragonslayer is just the first phase of Ornstein

I'm either case, "Time is convoluted" is the obvious handwave, so it's not too important a detail. The Dreg Heap being some kind of temporal nexus excuses Earthen Peak, if you want.

How do you know he didn't just find it?

Objectively correct

If you take the time to understand ADP in the context of all possible build variations, it becomes a really clever system. From are just shit at explaining important things.

I fully agree with this

I can get on board with this.

>how did he kill her when she can't run, hide or fight back

Don't act like 2 doesn't have poorly disguised nonsensical nostalgia bait either, and even when it is a numbered sequel, From could have made it a different beast, avoid from any pandering which would have benefited the game. Same goes for 3.

Lands converging is a good explanation, but the point remains that each souls game should be it's own unique thing rather than aping the first one like the two sequels do.

Yeah, but it has little to do with the rest of the series. "Convoluted time" and "converging lands" were used to explain PvP. MC in 2 is literally sent to the past. 3 uses both to dismiss flawed level design (Dragon Peak so close to gods, Lothric connecting to other kingdoms neatly) and pandering to fans (Gilligan, Patches, Gwyndolin).

It's just much lazier writing than in the other two.

Should've been barefoot

The pandering in DaS2 isn't as bad.
Dragonslayer isn't worse than Andre, Gwyndolin and Anor Londo and all that shit. There's just so many bad references, at least Dragonslayer is just some bossfight "What if Ornstein was a solo boss?" even if it is shit, it's not obviously missing something crucial like Andre not fistfighting you or not being able to cut tails off of dragons despite the game explicitly saying that you can cut tails off of dragons for 2 random drop weapons just because it wants to make a reference.
DaS3 should feel even worse if the problem with DaS2 is that it takes place tens of thousands of years after DaS1 because the time gap is logically much larger and it just keeps bringing stuff up from DaS1 as if it wasn't as far back as DaS2 which made all this shit out to be long forgotten and decayed while in DaS3 in turn it's shit from DaS2 that is long forgotten.
Both sequels are bad but the pandering in 3 is far worse.

Time is convoluted always seemed like a misinterpretation based on what the first game does. You're dealing with hollows who will routinely grab souls, think they're another person after a while and then go hollow again at any point in time. Any hollow ends up with a warped sense of time and will logically see other hollows masquerading as people from hundreds of years ago and time is convoluted just pops up as an explanation to cover for that impermanence of self. And because everything works in "cycles" summoning almost works in that context as well.

>each souls game should be it's own unique thing
Agreed. That's why I like DaS2: in spite of the pandering and the "so hard omg u gonna die nigga" bullshit, it's basically it's own world but with some oblique references to DaS.

What happens with Emeral herald at the end of the game.. you sit on the throne and game ends>??? I'm not sure if DLCs changed anything

In dark souls 3 firekeeper is your waifu at the end of the game

MC in 2 visits the memories of giants and dragons.
I don't think the MC goes to the past.

I was okay with those three really
>Gilligan is just a sight gag
>Gwyndolin's a "God", and the last pure one at that
>Patches is basically the series' mascot, and he got a nice little side quest that wasn't completely pointless, even if it was pure fanservice
Andre was bullshit, though, as were all of the "here's how your favourite characters all died depressed and alone" moments.

>From could have made it a different beast
>each souls game should be it's own unique thing rather than aping the first one like the two sequels do

Then why would they be part of a single series? Soulsborne is not separated by mechanics, hell, even that much by characters and gear, so if they were "their own thing" they would have no need to be part of the Dark Souls series.

They have no reason to be connected, unless for the story (in DkS2's case, where it's attempting to make it clear we're a long time from the first game), or pandering to fans (DkS3). 2 has better reasons than 3 to be a Dark Souls game, but they're both Dark Souls games BECAUSE they attempt to connect somehow with the first one for these reasons. If they wanted to be their own things, there's BB and DeS to prove they could.

Points as to why "lands converging" is a good, but lazy explanation.

>Any hollow ends up with a warped sense of time and will logically see other hollows masquerading as people from hundreds of years ago
So hollows are just walking shells for consciousnesses to fill up?
That's a really interesting interpretation. it doesn't gel with the whole summoning thing, which depends on the convoluted line to exist, but that's a great concept all the same.

They are, though:
>whirlpool is a time portal, to where MC could find help with the plague, because they can't find it in their time
>in Things Betwixt the firekeepers are old and mention their sister, which is most likely Shanalotte
>Shanalotte has mentioned to wait for a long time for someone to visit Drangleic Castle, which would mean she waits for someone like us to come, had been for quite a while
>MC knows nothing of Drangleic before coming there

I think Vaati actually thought it was canon that there's time-travel, but don't know if he had a proper reason. Those are mine, anyway.

Not really, a lot of the imagery is recycled from the first game, DaS 2 has cool things but being entirely original is not onw of them.

Your same complain applies to the second game too. Otherwise how do you explain shit like Iron Keep.

The DLC ending is completely different. No closure on the Herald either way, though.

Yeah, Andre was the worst part. But Gwyndolin losing power, and alive at that? Gilligan going to a ruined, cursed kingdom for what, exactly? And Patches is a mascot, but he never showed up in a series in the same way - he usually gets the Lautrec treatment, same personality, different character, so him showing up again, after DkS1 (and, even worse, in the Ringed City) is just off-putting

I suppose things like Najka and The Rotten don't help. Still, for better or worse, one of the themes is Cycles, so even if it pulled an MGS2 I can't be too mad at it. It might be a cop-out or lazy writing on B-team's part, but it does the job.
DLC included, SoTFS is the meatiest and most diverse of all the games.

>Ashen one
>I'm
>Ashen one

why does nobody make fun of her?
because you only have to skip 3 pointless lines instead of 4?

I preferred the firekeeper from DaS3.

By saying soulsborne, you also include Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. Those two games along with the first dark souls have very different worlds, bosses, and visuals. They are connected by similar mechanics, tone, level and world design. Dark Souls 2 and 3 should have followed this philosophy. There shouldn't be any connection to the first game other than vague themes. It is much better when a sequel for these type of games do their own thing rather than aping on previous entries, or in the souls series case, to Dark Souls 1.

I explain it as shit design. DkS1 had all the parts connect seamlessly, 2 and 3 decided to fuck that, and it's indefensible.

Seems like we agree

Because Bloodborne babies first souls game was 3.

If you have a question, most of the tine the answer is: Bloodborne babies first game is 3.

But that's what I mean - if they followed that philosophy, they'd have no reason to be sequels to Dark Souls, they'd be their own series, as BB and DeS. They are part of the Dark Souls series, precisely because they connect with the first one more closely than in the general, Soulsborne way.

What's the significance of that crown?

>Bear
>Seek
>Seek
>Lest

Shanalotte has the optimal face for cumming on.

I love her!

You are going to make him paranoid and constantly looking for hints of being stalked. I can't play games like that because they're 2spooky.

i hate her

They could still be sequels. BB deviates a lot. The Dark Souls trilogy should have been 3 unique games that are connected by the themes that the first introduced, but each one explores them with completely new things. This is repeating a lot but having a trilogy where every entry is completely unique is far better than having one unique game and two others that feel like pandering.

Because she's so forgettable that nobody even cares

a firebomb? archery? throwing knives? magic? a spear? convinced her to come within reach?

You are all beta orbiters and cucks.