Do we have a consensus yet on which one is superior?

Do we have a consensus yet on which one is superior?

I am talking about a pure video game, gameplay perspective. Gameplay, level design, pacing, how fun it is etc. Please no "Mary sue!!" and "shitty anime/shitty bond movie plot" retarded comments.

one of them doesnt force you to play as a literal (actual) homosexual for the second half of the game

so yeah im gonna go with that one

one of them doesn't force you to spend more time in a menu than vagrant story

>I am talking about a pure video game, gameplay perspective.
2 is better then.

MGS2 wins since it doesn't have the shitty survival mechanics from 3 that constantly force you to pause the game. Camo was cool though.

excuse me did you enjoy playing as raiden (a young gay man just trying to make it in this world)

you are not forces, sperg. it's just your ocd that forces you to change camo every two steps

raiden gets more pussy than you lol
nigga you forgot about rose

>unironically being too stupid to understand MGS2

you missed the point sweetie

I prefer MGS3. Cold War setting is underrated.

dude stop

dont tell me you were anything but mad to have to play as raiden

maybe cause i shut the game off

im not playing as raiden fuck that

It's not just the camo menu, but the food, backpack and the cure menus too. What the fuck is the point of the backpack menu? Why can't I just have everything on me at once?

>why can't I play as a badass cliche one-dimensional tough action hero guy :(((((((((
>this game, while mechanically the same but better as the last one is now shit :((((((((((

You call a game shit because it has a literal homo (it doesn't) yet you hate it because it doesn't have a male character that you prefer?

Irony much you literall homofaggot?

>if you don't like MGS2 you are too stupid
why are mgs2fags so full of themselves

listen buddy

playing as snake was cool as fuck

then boom

you're now a literal fagboy. how is that ok?

I'd hardly call Solid Snake one-dimensional, though.
Personally had no problem with Raiden.

You just sound insecure about your sexuality tbqh.

If you're comparing purely gameplay, then MGS3: Subsistence is the clear winner.
But MGS as a whole goes way beyond just gameplay, and in overall package MGS2's gameplay is still a major improvement over 1 AND it has a ridiculously good narrative along with it.
I don't mean to downplay 3's story, it's still got a lot of amazing and memorable moments, but MGS2's is just so good it doesn't even feel like a video game story, if it were a novel it'd be a damn fine one.

The fagboy is a stand in for you, retard. Did you miss that whole part of the game?

Why so obsessed with homosexuals?

Raiden has a girlfriend, you'd know if you played the game.

no

Snake literally has no character development whatsoever.

i'm also not cool with playing as Vaan or almost any JRPG protag

That's not what one-dimensional stands for, though.

3 is a better game, 2 was a revolution, and so most people think it was the better one.

There.

So you're insecure about your attraction to twinks? Get help, son.

>MGS3
Gameplay: 5/5 Story: 3/5
>MGS2
Gameplay: 3/5 Story: 5/5
Thread over.

but thats not an argument you're just calling me gay

But you are.

>Do we have a consensus yet on which one is superior?
No, so let's have a 200 post fight about it. Would that please you?

MGS2: Almost full realization of Kojima's vision for a videogame, unironically interesting plot, and genuinely thought-provoking themes that were ahead of their time.

MGS3: superior gameplay, weaker story, personally I find the setting very novel.

Surprise twist ending to post: I like MGS2 better. The gameplay isn't as fun or interesting but it's basically more MGS which was good by itself, with a KINO story that more than makes up for the pacing and other flaws.

2 is the best because the story STILL applies today.

the speech about creating context still applies in fucking 2018, especially with fake news.

MGS2
>60fps
MGS3
>30fps

2 wins on that alone.

I know that this thread is about gameplay, but 3's story isn't paced very well. It's all crammed in the beginning and the end. Storywise nothing happens in the middle portion of the game, except for the gradual killing of the Cobra Unit members.

What the fuck does that have to do with gameplay you fucking illiterate

You had better stealth options in 3. Considering they're supposed to be """stealth""" games, I guess 3 wins.

Who the hell even plays the PS2 versions anymore.
MGS3 is 60fps on the HD collection, dumbass.

original hardware with a phat CRT or bust

neck your life

Give me one (1) good reason why.

authentic

What a well reasoned and unbiased opinion on why you should use inferior tech for a 3D stealth game

>good reason

Wait, your copy gives you option to play as Vamp?

listen kids when i play an old game

it better

and I FUCKING MEAN IT BETTER

be just like the day of release

MGS3. The actually sort of fun story helps a lot in making the game flow better.

MGS2 is great and all but I feel like half the time I'm just wishing I could play the damn game, and I don't have that problem as much with MGS3 since it's more simple plot just works better for the formula.

That makes no fucking sense if there's actual improvement over the original. The fucking camera and loading times are obvious enough. It's not like the HD collection drew a massive cock and balls on big boss' face.

2 is obviously better. No contest

>Wanting to play the inferior version because reasons
There's literally no advantage to playing the PS2 versions, grampa.

>thought provoking masterpiece or saturday morning cartoon
Hmmmm...

authentic

I mean I guess I can only blame myself for falling for it

Doesn't mean it's any better, moron.

Well they are both saturday morning cartoons to be fair.

it doesnt have to be better

plebs

shit's like the day it fucking released. authentic. pure.

you fags probably use emulators as well

*ahem*

2 is far and away better

better aesthetic, better gameplay, better (aka less shit) story and characters, better music, etc etc

>authentic. pure.
Literally means absolutely nothing.
Stop being autistic.

this got me thinking, has anyone made a hamboigahs edit with kaz? surely it's been done

are you stupid how does that mean nothing

playing mgs2 without hearing the patented whirrr of the ps2 fans is like

it'd be like

i dont know. wrong.

If you’re gonna bitch about Raiden like it’s 2001 and you’re still a closet homo, then we’re judging the games as they were when they launched.

>he doesn't have a modded ps2
>he doesn't run his games over the network method off his computer
>he doesn't enjoy a dead-silent ps2 with fast as fuck loading times

seems to me you don't know jack shit about video games buddy

Stop it with the retarded spacing.

fuck off kid, this shit isn't new.

>he dosn't just emulate

stop trying to fit in

i do it to anger you

fucko

>and you’re still a closet homo
Nigga what are you talking about?

Plus the game is widescreen just as the original cutscenes were, so no more claustrophobia with the larger areas.

Why would I emulate? Real deal on a top tier CRT is far better than any emulation as far as PS2 games go.

>rose

She was literally a patriot whore sent to get information out of him.

snake eater from a stand alone perspective is the better game

>user says he wants experience to be as authentic as possible
>autist user replies and says he should do all this retarded shit that is the farthest from authentic as possible

talk about autism

BREAKING NEWS: Times change.

>grasping at straws: the post

He still knocked her up so your argument is invalid, boi.

I know you'll end up getting some (You)'s with people complaining because you dared mention playing vidya on a CRT and all of the nu-faggots think that's just a meme, but I just want to validate this post and say you're 100% correct. Anything from that generation is best played on a CRT.

>Replying to obvious bait: The Post

>complains about stylistic aspects of posts not fitting original way of this website
>gets proven wrong
>MUH TIMES CHANGE

Ahahahahahahahhahaha
christ been a sweet while since I've seen someone get rekt this hard

Plus the superior way to play the PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube/Xbox would have been to play on any LCD screen if you could afford it, with component out and progressive scan on.

Dude probably thinks RCA to shitty dying TV is what Konami meant for people to do for some reason.

Also props to the Dreamcast for having VGA output and supporting many widescreen games before the rest.

>being baitcepted this easily

You're not getting another (You) from me.

Well I myself draw the line way earlier than most /vr/ do with their truly autistic CRT differences and intricacies but still.

The bigger problem is that most people on Sup Forums nowadays have never gamed on a CRT, or they were too young to remember the difference. And then they unironically think you are memeing.

"no"

Consensus is 3 but that’s because most people are plebs. 2 is actually better.

i can't imagine not knowing what it's like to game on a CRT

fuck

Literally wrong.
>Dreamcast
>component
>progressive
Even playing PS2 games on LCD screen with progressive scan looks like shit. PS2's video output is utter fucking garbage and it's only magnified on LCDs where every pixel is pristine instead of blurred by CRT phosphors and scanlines, even with games that support progressive scan and when using the highest quality cables you can. PS2 was barely fucking equipped to output 480p. CRT undeniably looks better, anyone that says otherwise when referring to the real hardware simply hasn't compared the two.

>fuck
fuck?

In what way? Barely being able to see the well crafted graphics and art?

Seriously, I have like a super sexy ridiculously huge Sony CRT right next to me, with a PS2 plugged into it and I never touch the thing unless I really have too.

I seriously don't see the appeal, I grew up playing on them, I still occasionally play on them, I didn't have a damn LCD TV until like 2 years ago, all it does it makes things look slightly less clear and that's about it.

it's an expression of slight exasperation

get off my dick

My dick?

>all it does it makes things look slightly less clear and that's about it.
If you care about contrast, color depth, and general picture quality, CRT is the only way to go for games that were designed to run on them. Resolution is shit but scanlines and CRT blending in general make up for that. The image ends up looking way more natural than it would on an LCD, even through component cables, where every flaw can clearly be seen with generally worse color.
OLED screens might tell a different story but I have a hard time believing they actually look better than CRTs for 480i/480p content.

dude you should get paid for this

you're educating today's youth at 4 AM for free

You can typically just ignore opinions of people who shit on CRTs, these are the types that often emulate in shitty aspect ratios too most likely.

survival mechanics are the the payoff for playing rambo in a stealth game

Metal Gear?

it kinda bugs me that so many people here praise the shit out of emulation

you'd think Sup Forumsaggots would be more passionate about the medium

>Not knowing about time zones.

reddit spacing is a meme two anons forced over a bet to see if they could establish something ridiculous and petty like that just by calling it "reddit ..."

>you'd think Sup Forumsaggots would be more passionate about the medium
You need to go to /vr/ for passion and comfy CRT threads.