So I've finally finished my replay of Assassin's Creed III and these are my main take aways

So I've finally finished my replay of Assassin's Creed III and these are my main take aways.

>The story is overflowing with fucking potential but a few silly plot choices, the short development time, and the poor direction turn a 10/10 story into a mess that occasionally delivers at least a little emotional feeling.
>The Templars are finally back to being mostly idealistic guys with differing perspectives that offer up moral questions on right and wrong. It took them four fucking games to do it after the first one but they finally did.
>Ignoring bugs, the game is pretty gorgeous even today. Second best attempt as waist high snow right behind Horizon.
>Incredible looking animations ruined by the fact that they never seem to line up properly.
>Stellar soundtrack.
>Connor is a more humble and likable person than I remember, but his writing and direction seem poorly handled. His voice has a strange but soothing cadence to it.
>WHY THE LITERAL FUCK IS HE EITHER DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO OR UTTERLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY SINGLE MAJOR EVENT IN THE ENTIRETY OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION??? NIGGA IS SITTING IN ON THE SIGNING OF THE DECLARATION AND IS THE ACTUAL RIDER FOR PAUL REVERE??? YOU FUCKING WHAT????
>WHY IS NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE SO FUCKING BORING AND RETARDED? ARE THE ACTORS NOT NATIVES AND THAT'S WHY THEY TRIP OVER SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE OR IS THE LANGUAGE JUST THAT SHITTY?
>HOW IN THE FUCK DID UBISOFT GET AWAY WITH RELEASING A GAME THIS BUGGY AND BROKEN?????
>King Washington DLC is a joke through and through.
>Combat is still poor but at least the moves are great and the context sensitive ones make Connor feel like he has a killer mind of his own.
>The game is a fucking cunt for offering a diverging pair of choices at the end and then having the character take one. Why even offer it? It was highly compelling.

What does Sup Forums think of Assassin's Creed III?

Oh hey. They fixed his god awful face that they fucked up horribly back in Revelations.

It's my favorite of the series, desu.
>modern world plot not that intrusive
>colonial America ftw
>good character development
>naval missions
>not that many annoying follow/protect quests
>Jaeger's stop counter-spamming
>comfy forests
>great ending of Connor's storyline

Obviously, it tends to be boring, Native Americans could play a bigger role since we're using them already, and, well, bugs for days, but still - if nothing else, least painful AC.

Can I play this on 560 Ti maxed out, or at least without antialiasing?

Man, forgot how good the intro was, especially after all the "Oh no, my famiglia is-a betrayed yet again" moments.

The whole game should've revolved around Haytham, Connor was just an unlikable raging autist

I know what you mean. I realize that Borgia can't exactly die by Ezio's hand in II, but from a story perspective; the entirety of Brotherhood happens because of that stupid shit.

Man. Charles started out as such a nice guy.

>"Wait..what?"

Its my favourite of the series so far, I have yet to play from Unity forward.

Though its a crying shame the game was so clearly unfinished.

I disagree and think you should replay it.
Connor certainly isn't perfect, but he's been given a divine purpose by what he thinks is a god. He has a deep and genuine care for the people around him. So much so that he actively contemplates making peace with the Templars.

Haytham's death was so close to perfect, but it should have been a little longer and he should have been the final target, not Lee.

That is some RICH fucking texture.

>Will somebody please tell this boy to get off a nigga's lawn?

This man looks like pure JUST.

Probably not, the game is optimized like garbage

Fucking this.

>tfw you'll never fuck teenage Connor

Teenage Connor a shit.

I really hate the way the Mohawk language sounds. I keep as far away from any such segments I can every time I play this game.

I just wanna fuck him desu, brown twinks are my weakness.

>Ubi was gonna add some mechanics, like scalping, but was told not to by their injun consultant
>was gonna be more than just a walking talking assassinating brick, but was told not to by their consultant
Apparently a lot of gameplay and story stuff were gutted because "hurr injuns must not be put into bad light', forgetting that we play as a homicidal assassin who kills people on both sides of the war.

>ywn scalp anglos

Is that cuck also the reason that I can't fucking kill a faggot wolf that attacks me and walk away without getting screeched at by the game?

>31 replies
>9 posters

probably, I mean wolves are worshipped by some tribes

It's one of those games I never managed to finish due to sheer boredom.

What did you expect of an ACIII thread? A mass immigration of users?

the boatplay is infinitely better than Black Fag which is a shame since everyone had been talking it up, and I played AC3 before so I was extremely disappointed.

>that
>fixed
He looked like a freaky alien monkey in 3. His fingers too. They looked freakishly long. Rev's face was different out of nowhere, but I liked it in comparison to 3's

Now this I can agree with. Successfully completing it in order to write my review was a slog which only worsened when I dove into the ONE-HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE TRACK OST OF MANY REPEATING SONGS WITH SMALL ALTERATIONS. I mean Jesus. The sound track was good but 129???

All Assassin's Creeds have fucking awful gameplay

>tfw you will never play the original vision of AC as a trilogy

AC3's multiplayer was surprisingly good. The early AC multiplayer modes in general.
Too bad the game had this weird restricted NAT type shit going on. Haven't seen that in years. I couldn't be bothered to fix it for a game that has dead multiplayer anyway, but it's a shame. It had some real potential.
This is the last AC that I played so I don't know if the later ones had multiplayer.

I also distinctly remember that this is where I first noticed the whole "yeah the last AC wasn't as good because it wasn't made by the main team, but THIS one we worked on for 5 years, this is gonna be good, we promise!", which they then proceed to repeat for the next 3 releases.

>Th is where I first noticed the whole "yeah the last AC wasn't as good because it wasn't made by the main team, but THIS one we worked on for 5 years, this is gonna be good, we promise!", which they then proceed to repeat for the next 3 releases.
Yeah, this is the absolute, literal worst thing about it all. They at least had an excuse for this one, with Bro and Rev being excuses to pad out the time to work on 3, the next numbered entry. Rev was the first one I completed and was extremely disappointed alin, despite loving the series up to that point. I thought, "at least 3 is next. That's a huge main entry, so there's no way THAT can disappoint." Ended up being among my least favorite games of all time, and needless to say that it's my least favorite in the series. I appreciate OP's enthusiasm to it, but I still think it's absolute trash in every way

It would have been tolerable if they didn't cut off the Connor's monologue

I played with a 560 not ti, Blackflag, in 1090x1080, so, yes you can. Just look up about graphics and shit.

WHERE

>you will never be this happy

I feel like this is the exact same look that anime MC's with yandere girlfriends get.

There's something really unsettling about how this one turned out. The soldier looks like he's being murdered by something from a horror film.

AC3 is boring because colonial America is boring.

No rich architecture like in Syria or Italy, no real exciting events, and the characters were not the most interesting. The areas were all so spread out it was infuriating to manoeuvre them. The scenery was meh. At the end of the day though, colonial America is just not that interesting.

I want to fuck Connor.

Delicious brown is a weakness of mine, as are mohawks.

>you will never colonise his poop chute
Kill me.

Black Flag is better

i'm still surprised ubisoft thought the best thing about black flag was the ship and sea to make their Skulls and bones
I bet everyone were impressed and expected a realistic, immersive sea of thieves but infinitely more better cause it's a not indie company, and then dropped it when they noticed that Skulls and bone was about controlling a ship, not your own characters.

Imagine being a ship repairer in your own friend crews and jumping from mast to mast, then boarding an enemy ship and stealthily killing them with your little dagger. Looking at the front of the ship the horizon.

Black Flag: Sea of thieves RPG with content would've been amazing.

That would be interesting and probably fun, but that game was released before the common era of "multiplayer RPGs were every person has a distinct role" so it probably would've been poorly executed.

That's a lot of fucking Tiberium right there.