How does Sup Forums feel about The Darkness 1 & 2

Very good shit. Both of them. Some retards like to pretend the second one sucks or something.

i can see why people din't like the second as much but it was still very fun to play

The Darkness was great, albeit a little clunky at times, but it was an early 360 title so it's a little forgivable. The Darkness 2 was fun, but lacked the soul of the first game. The first one had neat touches, like being able to sit on the couch with Jenny and actually watch all of To Kill a Mockingbird. I don't remember anything like that from the sequel.

worst short fps co-op experience ever, this game is rubbish

???

Both were kino. I platinumed the second one.
>mfw doing the Dolfo challenges

any trophies locked behind online?

Yeah, luckily I had a buddy and we were able to coop it

I'm still mad there wasn't a port for 1, I don't even have my PS3 copy anymore

Both really bland by the numbers late 2000s/early 10s FPS games. Plebs who haven't seen a film before think the story is good.

If I didn't have to deal with gamepad aiming and if the enemy AI was better, I'd prefer the first one.

name me other games where I can do grisly things to enemies with large black throbbing tendrils

well fuck, gonna keep it in his case then
unless online is still alive, which I sincerly doubt

/thread

Loved the first one, but I just couldn't stomach the visuals in the second one.

It's the same reason I don't play Borderlands, Overwatch, TF2, Fortnite etc. I despise that lazy simplified cartoon style masquerading as 'artistic' and just can't get my head around it.

IIRC you even get a trophy for it

D1 needs a PC port. I hate having to dust off my 360 to play it.

The Darkness is one of my favorite games ever. Incredible atmosphere, immersive as fuck, great characters, one of my favorite vidya stories ever, solid... enough gameplay.

The Darkness 2 is OK. Big dumb action FPS game, but it's kinda fun. The story is way worse and the voice acting way cheesier, feels like a bad anime at times, but at least they got Mike Patton back as the Darkness. He's still great, but the first game's script, even with some obvious localization wonkiness, was infinitely better.

Darkness 1 was an absolutely kino game, there was no way a separate studio was going to top it.

The thing about The Darkness 2 though is that it's at least artistically competent. I get that people may not like the style but honestly the game almost looks like a watercolor painting, it's kinda neat. I prefer the bleaker look and tone of the original though, but still, credit where its due.

you get the shitty flashbacks with here, and can dance with her for a few minutes. and at the end you can hug for for as long as you want.

literally just souless "hey, remember that part from the first game" scenes though.

Dolfo's stuff was piss easy on PC. I can imaging sticks being tougher though. The trick with the pigeons is remembering the shotgun will still shred them from a mile away if you miss the first shot.

There's some online only locked missions, but you can get the trophies without them.

I remember some of my friends got really into the first game and some others got into the second, and they would all ask me how to get into the comics.

I can still see the disappointment on their faces when I told them how awful the comics are.

Some of the early issues weren't that bad, from what I remember. But yeah the comics are shit compared to the first game especially.

Is the art any good

>Playing the demo for D1
>sneak into building surrounded by enemies. >Walk into a room where a TV is on with an episode of Popeye the Sailor playing.
>Crouch in front of the TV and watch the whole episode.
>Leave the room and tentacle rape all the enemies.
>Bought the game a week later.

ye

You forgot the most believable and best written romance in vidya for the first one, too. Witcher throws around all of it's bound by fate shit, and I roll my eyes and wait for it to get back to something interesting. Mass effect has you telling someone what they want to hear until they let you fuck them. But Jackie and Jenny watching some shitty old movie in her shitty new apartment just to hang out and enjoy each other's company? That actually made me give a damn and feel something.

They're by Marc Silvestri who's very much in that Rob Liefeld school of art where dynamism and gratuitous detail is more important than things like proportions and perspective.

The early issues when he's still having fun with the series are OK, and Garth Ennis of Punisher and Preacher fame was involved then. It didn't take itself very seriously. But the whole series turns into an unreadable slog later.

do not play the PS3 version of the original, it is one of those early PS3 multiplatform games which run at 576p / 20fps I shit you not

The Darkness 1 is one of the most unappreciated titles of the last gen and by far the most underrated one.
The only thing that sucked in that game was the WW1 hell chapter, but it was still memorable through his design.

not to mention no AA either, can confirm PS3 version is trash.
I don't have a 360 and it's the version I've been stuck with for years.

Nothing wrong with the dancing scene which is the equivalent of sitting on the couch with Jenny. Scenes that you can end early but don't have to, because Jackie would want to spend more time with her.

Complaining about Darkness 2 lacking soul...lol. 2k and Digital Extremes just can't compare to the original dev Starbreeze! Remember this classic fps with skrillex music? Darkness 1 isn't a console only shooting game based on a comic book with obnoxiously long loading screens between hubs. It has "soul" because of movies playing on the tiny tvs.

But the PS3 version has the most videos playing on the tvs near the subway and shit! Bluray storage! It's kino!

>tfw have to wait until it's playable on rpcs3 at a good framerate
The framerate in this game is horrendous and the game is unplayable because of it.

So this is how Italians see themselves if they had Dark Powers eh?

its not bad just a letdown

The dancing scene, in which they go out of their way to actually mention the tv scene from the first game.

>Remember this classic fps with skrillex music?

What did Digital Extremes make after Darkness 2
fucking Star Trek 2013
boring grindfest mmo shooter
an arpg nobody played or remembers
Go fuck yourself.

>he doesn't like the first game
Who hurt you?

Second ones story is more forgettable

>an arpg nobody played or remembers
What was it?

well, theres warframe, I guess?

exactly, also google it

Syndicate was unironically better than anything Digital Extremes ever released though, except maybe Bioshock 2.
I mean, I get that fans of the original fucking hate it, and they have good reason to. The original Syndicate is awesome as fuck, unironically one of the best of its time, and this isn't what anyone wanted in a remake.
But if you can look past that and accept it for what it is, it's a decent little cyberpunk FPS with fun weaponry and a fucking amazing co-op mode. You're just a faggot.

People can't like Bioshock 1 and 2, or like Kotor 1 and 2, one game has to be glorified and the other straight shitted on. Which in this case, it's crapping on the Darkness 2. I merely flung poo right back at those people because the first game is far from without flaws.

Bioshock 2 is "maybe" better than Syndicate? Only fag is you.

Finiahed both multiple times.

Shit is great. Too bad a third one is never coming out.

Makes me sad the Darkness will never get to be on anything other than the 360

>I merely flung poo right back at those people because the first game is far from without flaws.
So you're just being contrarian? Faggot.
And yeah, first game isn't perfect, but it's still a better game than The Darkness 2.

You went apeshit on a complete new tangent though. I just said the jenny scenes in 2 don't hold a candle to the first game. I actually enjoyed the game just fine, I played it again just last week.

Also both kotors were decent games with minor flaws. The entire Bioshock series was shit though.

I actually kinda liked Syndicate

Mainly because of the "powers" that let you hack into dudes and get them to off themselves etc.

The multiplayer was fun too, IIRC. And I liked the gun designs.

I can actually play Darkness 2 at a great frame rate, with non obnoxious loading times, and without dual analog aiming.

>I just said the jenny scenes in 2 don't hold a candle to the first game.

If you were the one who said all the flashback scenes or hugging Jenny were literally soulless scenes, then that's downplaying a bit. Sounded overly harsh to me.

Oh it all makes sense now, no wonder you're such a faggot.

Hate to break it to ya but just because The Darkness 2 released on PC and performs better, that doesn't actually make it a better video game.

About two years ago I actually got into the game late and found someone willing to play. We became friends after.

Now? Can't say but I keep my Darkness in good condition just in case. The fact that there is a separate story does make it fun. Along with individual interactions as well.

Having poorer frame rate, lower resolution, bad loading times, and only pad controls for an FPS is a huge detriment. The PS3 version doesn't even give you the option of installing the game on the hard drive.

>ywn go on adventures with Crazy Abdul

What the fuck is even the point of living then

ESTACYAAAAAAARDO

One of the few games in which every character actually has depth to them

Really wish the first game was BC already. The Darkness 2 was ok and all but it didn't really do it for me.

>Having poorer frame rate, lower resolution, bad loading times, and only pad controls for an FPS is a huge detriment.
Sure. But the first Darkness isn't really about its FPS mechanics. It's more about building an experience through atmosphere and story. It's not Call of Duty.
>The PS3 version doesn't even give you the option of installing the game on the hard drive.
Literally doesn't matter when both versions of the game feature load times that are roughly the same in either situation. Just watch the load screen animations.
I'm not defending the PS3 version because it's ultimately shit, but c'mon user this is a dumb argument and you clearly just don't appreciate what makes the first game so great and memorable to begin with.