So how similar is the in-game world to actual Russia...

So how similar is the in-game world to actual Russia? I remember seeing people talk about it as if it was set in our world but that seems a bit off. Does everyone know about the worms or is that a secret?

Also general Pathologic thread despite there being one yesterday and them not normally being able to be sustained two days in a row.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RzMzS6Jt_UI
youtube.com/watch?v=lTCEAqZGE7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don’t you dare say anything bad about Trump’s daddy. We’re watching you.

Nigger what? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about or are you just shitposting? Thanks for the bump anyway.

>So how similar is the in-game world to actual Russia?

It's a fantasy world, it's not similar at all besides the oppressive atmosphere and people dying all around. I assume the "mainland" is somewhat like 19th/early 20th century russia, but the town on gorkhon is completely surreal.

I think most people know about the worms but not everybody's seen one as most of them stay either in the steppe or the termitary/abattoir.

Yeah, I haven't played the bachelor in a while but I was wondering if he expressed any shock at seeing them. I don't remember where I saw it being described as actual Russia. It may have been here, but I'm pretty sure it was some kind of actual advertisement for the game.

The first time you see one with the bachelor is eva's backyard on day 1, when she complains about the noise.

I don't remember whether the bachelor reacts to it or not either, but the worms are completely native to the town on gorkhon as much as we know, so unless he read up on it before, he must've seen one for the first time.

The whole town has a lovecraftian "Small isolated town with weird traditions" thing going on. I mean, there's actual fucking magic and gods/demons in that place.

I'm a backer but I don't follow development.
What they are making is a sequel now rather than a remake, is this correct?
Also release date when?

Пoшёл нaхyй, Дилдoвcкий.

It's 100% accurate representation of Russia. BRB dying from the plague.

I still don't know which ending is the best. They all have their downsides

:Д эбин

August of this year I think.

That ending where you get tired of everyone's shit and tell The Powers That Be to fuck off and literally let everyone die because it doesn't matter.

I like every single redesign in the remake except Georgiy. I really hope he'll get another pass and that Marble Nest mop of hair is not final.

No, they thought it would be less confusing to name the remake "Pathologic 2" (seriously)

It was an attempt differentiate it from Pathologic, Pathologic: HD, and Pathologic: The Marble Nest (A short free stand alone demo they released last year)

I dislike the new executioners.
They don't look anywhere near as sinister.

So its not a straight up remake right? I thought that a lot was going to be different, both in mechanics and story. Also Im a bit afraid that we have only one character in this one judging from that gameplay trailer.

Never mind just looked at a post that confirmed its going to be very similar to the game. I saw someone saying though that they erased all mention of three characters but dont feel like finding it.

New mechanics, a completely rewritten story (but a lot of the overarching plot elements will remain) and there's going to be 3 characters.

Alright cool. A few people were panicking because they removed mention of three characters, but apparently its still up on the Russian version. Just a classic IPL translation error.

They're still pretty sinister

The eyes are fairly goofy. Big glowing Disney tech

I find old Executors much less disturbing now thanks to comically large heads. New ones look less human in nature, which is a welcome change for me. I do think lanterns in their skulls should be dimmer tho.

Old executors also had a glow in their eyes just less noticeable. I still think the old executors look way better

That's why they look more creepy because you know it's a human underneath the costume but you still get that uncanny valley feeling

>So how similar is the in-game world to actual Russia?
In terms of landscapes: there are parts of Russia, very big parts, that are very similar to the steppe Pathologic is set in.
In terms of architecture of the City: you won't really find anything like that commonly in Russia. The City art style and architecture is almost entirely fictional.
In terms of society? Well, Pathologic obviously draws a lot of inspiration in themes, mood and tone from Russian history, but mixes it with fuckton of fiction as well. Even pre-revolutionary Russian society never really looked the way they depict it in the game. It has more in common with Kafka than real world history of Russia.
Also, the game is quite heavily anachronistic too, mixing together WW2 military technology with SOME medical knowledge of second half of 20th century, but also lack of electricity and a lot of knowledge and social organization straight up from end of 19th century.
Also mysticism.

There are references to events from Pathologic world that clearly inspired by real Russian history: such as the student uprising mentioned by Dankovski and one of the Stamatin brothers that sounds A LOT like 1899 Russian student uprising.

>Does everyone know about the worms or is that a secret?
Yes, they are a common knowledge around the town. People despise them, and usually force them to stay out of the city, but everybody knows they exist.

There was something very derpy about the original Executors, but that did ironically make them more creepy and unnerving. New ones look far more sinister and threatening, but that is kinda taking away the uncanny creepiness of the original.

That said, the new designs grew on me, and I think I do like both equally.

They restore their lost humanity by acting like humans this time around, though. Old Executors were meta characters and 4th wall breakers, new ones are clearly people that exist in the Town. I like the idea that any Orderly now can act as a conduit for meta stuff, it adds mystery and uncertainty to each encounter with them, in original game when you see an Executor you know it's a tutorial of some sorts with the exception of Stamatin.

There're also the 3 executors scattered around town when you play as dankovsky.

I never completed the third scenario. But the way I understood the game, the Devotress ending was supposed to be (at least for those who aren't privy to it's real nature) obviously the best solution.
In fact, it's kind of a dick move from the game: No matter if you play as Haruspix or Daniel, in the end you learn that you did not solve the whole puzzle: you always arrive only at HALF of the solution.
Then the little incomprihensibl annoying BITCH comes in saying: "Well I solved it all. No sacrifices necessary, I can just wave my hand and have everything fixed. Suck it."
And then you have to play as the bitch to figure out what the fuck was it all about.

But on a strictly personal note: Haruspix's solution seemed by far as the most compelling to me. Daniel's solution is fucking retarded. It's utopicstic, and that never works out.
Klara's solution is suspicious. She claims that she can solve everything, but refuses to explain how. I did not trust her at all.
Artemy's solution is pragmatic, simple, logical, conservative. We know that world can work out reasonably without Polyhedron.
He is an obvious, simple best solution, as far as I'm concerned.

youtube.com/watch?v=RzMzS6Jt_UI

How does everyone feel about the OST? I really like new ambient stuff, but not sure about Theodor Bastard's addition. Lyrics feel out of place for me.

I'm not complaining, but why are there 3 Pathologic threads up?

Absolutely fucking love everything I've heard of the new soundtrack so far.
I haven't listened to the album that Theodor released, mainly because I don't want to spoil anything from the remake to myself yet, but what they did with the soundtrack to Marble Nest was absolutely god-like on all levels, and Theodor Bastard is a good bad that fits the tone really really well.

Same. The main title theme just sounds like an Africa documentary soundtrack to me.

There's not

It's buryat language or whatever, actual steppe stuff. They used the track for HD trailer.
youtube.com/watch?v=lTCEAqZGE7s

So I just visited Rubin and warned him about the body, and he started freaking out, referring to it as the sand plague. After I talked to Maria she told me a list of people to keep alive. Is that the first day completed then, or do I need to do something else?

If your main objective has *** before it, you're done.

Did you somehow get Africa and fucking Central Asia mixed up there?

It's been a good while, but here is a tip how to tell if you completed a quest: if you check your quest log, the quest should end with three stars behind the last log.

haha what a weird looking ruskie

Cyka blyat

Kinda want to buy the lodger's scarf on the Ice Pick store.

I actually did.

>Yes, they are a common knowledge around the town. People despise them, and usually force them to stay out of the city, but everybody knows they exist.

I should have said town secret. I mean more do the powers that be and the outside world know about them.

Absolutely love it.

ДИMAC ДЫБOBCКИЙ

Considering the secret ending of the game, that is kind of a moot question. The Powers that Be do know about them, though it is very safe to assume that ordinary people that do not live on the verge of the steppes probably never heard about them, considering how confused about them Daniel is initially.
They, much like the Steppe People, Auroch's and Twyne seem to be something only people of that region know about. And we can pretty much only speculate how many cities (if any) like the one you play in can potentially exist in the Motherland.

>torrent Marble Nest when it was available for alpha backers
>write about things I didn't like on their Steam forums
>blog update later on mentioned almost all of my concerns being addressed in the future

Thanks, that's really important to know. I saved right after stepping outside Maria's place and seeing the bird thing and guy with the mask again. I'll get out of the thread now before I get spoiled.

To be honest, most of the things they listed as getting fixed were things EVERYONE complained about, as they were mostly just glarring issues.

I haven't played Haruspex but I have played Changeling, I might be wrong but from what I understood

Since the existence of the town has broken The Law, Changeling was sent by the Law to destroy the town, that's why Aglaya calls her an instrument of the law. Her purpose was to restore the law by destroying the town and that was her fate, but she also can choose a different path and save the town, thus "stealing" her fate from her. That's why she's called a thief.

If she decides to keep the town the plague will keep existing since the plague is the Earth's way of trying to get rid of the town, since the town is like a virus in the body of Earth, and the plague is like Earth's antibodies trying to fight off the virus.

Changeling and Haruspex can heal people from the plague and make it insignificant but that will require regular human sacrifice of the bound to have a supply of the special blood required for the cure.

That's why I was not sure which ending was right, keeping the town and knowing that you will keep making sacrifices to fight off the plague forever, or just destroying it all and restoring the law

Daniil best boy

>considering how confused about them Daniel is initially
ah there's my problem, I just haven't played his route in a while and don't remember his reaction.

But what broke the law was the attempt to do the impossible, to make something from nothing, to break away from the "natural laws":
all of which is embodied in the polyhedron.
The polyhedron is the both metaphysical reason for the plague (it contradicts natural laws in every respect), and physical (the plague was brought up on clay that was dug up when the foundations of polyhedron were build). Haruspex's solution: destruction of Polyhedron, is the refusal of utopism and destruction of polyhedron. Humanity will have to give up on doing miracles, but it will not risk destroying itself of things that mattered to it in the past. With the polyhedron gone, the plague should be gone too: as the offense to the Law is removed. You do not need sacrifices other than giving up the precious dreams of utopic strife-less future that the polyhedron was promising according to the Cains.

Bachelors solution, on the other hand,
is sacrifice everything: even humanity itself,
in the pursuit of miracle, of the utopic future.
He believes that humanity is entitled and destined for a greater purpose, and trusts that bringing forward the utopia will both justify and ultimately fix all the evil that the transformation has brought forward.
It's in many ways reflective of the idealism vs. pragmatism (and also left vs.
right, liberalism vs. conservativism, rationalism vs. empiricism etc...) dilemma western philosophy has been struggling with through out entire history.

With all that said, I have no clue what is Klara's deal.

He is somewhat disturbed and disgusted when he first sees one, and you can ask what the fuck are those things later on.