Why does Hunters always get a free pass?

Why does Hunters always get a free pass?
>Boring environments
>Powerups are all beams that open doors
>the same 2 bosses fought 3 times each
>0 exploration because the game is linear as fuck

The only redeeming features were the multiplayer and the hunters themselves, and even then only the edgiest one has made it out of the game alive.

This game is probably as bad of a Metroid title as Other M was, but nobody ever talks shit about it.

Because it was an okay spin off in a period where we were getting great Metroid games left and right.

Plus, its multiplayer and visuals, at the time, were a real head turner. A portable N64 quality game with online functionality? That was pretty fucking amazing.

You also have to account that this was intended to be an arena shooter first, and a legitimate Metroid game second. A shooter having bad single player isn't the worst if multiplayer is solid.

>Why does Hunters always get a free pass?
Because it was on a handheld at a time when people were not used to 3D shooters on that kind of platform.

it was a fun game to play with friends on the bus ride home

Did it get a free pass though? I thought people only liked it for the multiplayer back then

Because it doesn't? People readily acknowledge that Hunters is underwhelming as fuck as a single-player experience, repetitive and uninspired. If you mean why don't people bitch about it more? It's because it's mediocre, but Other M is an atrocity. There's nothing to really comment on with Hunters. It didn't really go for anything, so it just kind of sits there and does nothing. Other M went for a story and character development and botched both to an astonishing degree. There's a lot more to discuss there. That's why it gets brought up and slaughtered more. It's worse and deserves it.

literally babby's first Metroid Prime

>and even then only the edgiest one has made it out of the game alive.
this post was by a Galactic Federation shit

No one played it would be my guess.

I've softmodded my wii, should I finally get around to pirating and playing The Baby M?
I only watched a playthrough when it came out, not sure if its worth experiencing for myself.

the multiplayer was the best FPS i would play until MW2. it was so fucking good

reminder Japan fucking loves Metroid Prime Hunters
the game manage to do better than Other M and Prime 3 in Japan too

Now THIS game was a guilty pleasure of mine. I think the only reason this game got a pass is it had many redeeming qualities outside of the shit single player, and it was released a year before a full fledged metroid title. It's not like Fed force where it appeared by itself after an 8 year hiatus.

Because that game is older than you.
It was on DS, while we were getting proper Prime titles on home consoles, and having a game like that on the DS was already a fucking achievement.
Yeah, the bosses sucked, I agree, but the multiplayer was really good.
Good maps and modes, and remind, it was on a fucking DS.
The environments weren't all that bad, I liked the frozen and lava planets a lot.
The space stations were boring tho, I agree.

Fucking underrated

But it’s pretty much as the other anons said.
If you were around during that period, you would’ve been blown away to have fucking Metroid on your handheld. I think the online was an 8-man ffa, and the maps were kinda fucky.
Also, all the hunters had alt-morph balls with specific powers and movement options
Along with every hunter having a totally different playset, it ledtova lot of rage-filled by super fun nights back in junior high(?)

Was there ever another shooter that handled so well on the limited DS/3DS???

is it true you can play Hunters with those custom servers or was some user was bullshitting?

t. Underage

Who else /had-no-one-to-play-with-and-dial-up-internet/ here?

even then you can put bots and play all the fucking weird modes they put in there
no desu. it was well balanced too between all the hunters for the most part. only negative was the glitch abuse and the rampant hackers that eventually took over

fpbp

Everyone always says the single player is shit, what are you talking about?
But even then, with a few changes they could have made the singleplayer passable.

I feel like Trace and Rolling Rock Man were fucking cancer tho, for the most part
Absolutely LOVED Kranden(?) the electric sluggoo

You can only have so much fun with bots

Ice-man 4lyfe

>you will never get to play Hunters online again
>you will never again make a mad dash to the top of Oubliette
>you will never again jump to the far part of Harvester to headshot a cloaked Trace with the Imperialist
>you will never again bombjump across the map with the Lockjaw
>you will never again smoke a braindead Noxus rushing at you in his alt form like a fucking Beyblade
>you will never again furiously swipe your screen with the stylus while mashing fire as Samus to become a ball of instant death
>you will never again go Spire to climb up the top of Alinos Gateway
>you will never again hear "HUNTER DISHONORED" and make it your mission to fuck them up
Feels real bad.

i played ice man and magma guy, you could do a lot of cheesy shit with their effects. trace was definitely cancer though. best gun even when hip shooting, fast high damage mobile form, he was unstoppable in the right hands

His special ability was pretty useless though. Takes a while to cloak and even then you can still see him.

>youll never again see the panic scramble in your opponents eyes once they realize theyre inside your closing sylux triangle
feels fucking bad man

I can recall FIVE instances from over a decade ago that would disprove your point.
That Nigga was straight cheddar in the right hands as kindly detailed
I liked Magma Man for his design, I’m a sucker for golems and rock and clay monsters in general

Hunters doesn't get a free pass, its single player was fucking terrible. Only its multiplayer was of any worth.

>Good soundtrack
>Good gameplay
>Good story
>Good multiplayer