Monster Hunter World has much cont-

Monster Hunter World has much cont-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XmMS8aM3yj4?t=8m12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know it probably loses anyway but why do people compare world to the updated versions of games?

>Why does a game with no G Rank and half the monsters missing have less content?
Hmm.

400 hours of arthritis-inducing crab clawing and squinting at a screen the size of a playing card, trying your hardest to make out what you're looking at through all the aliasing and muddy textures, hoping to god your 3DS battery doesn't run out before you finish the 25 minute hunt where 5 of those minutes were spent looking at loading screens.

vs

103 hours of a fun game that runs on an adult's resolution that you can play with no hassle.

Also:
>No distinction between Village/Caravan and Guild
Considering that most Guild and Village quests were interchangeable, it doesn't really mean much except for less padding.

You can emulate the classic MH games in 4K with antialiasing and texture filtering.

>grinding
>content

Thanks for proving my point

It doesn't, actually.

It's got the most content of all the first-run games minus I think four?
And that's impressive as fuck when you consider literally every single game EXCEPT this one and the first one use recycled assets.

THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED.
youtu.be/XmMS8aM3yj4?t=8m12s

Is 103 hours for a game with more content on the way supposed to be a negative?

Because they want to shit on World for being popular currently. Capcom will milk the game, as they always do, and push more content until Monster Hunter World: Ultra Arcade Edition comes out.

You didn't have one, everyone already knows that World doesn't have the same content as previous games yet and why. Also .

Man, the contrarians are really going hard for Monster Hunter

There is no way in the world that there are people who think emulating 4U is a better experience than playing World.

It's baffling that low iq "people" are unironically willing to defend this shit just because the game is on their platform of choice. Literally part of the problem. The game is shit, and I'm not saying this because I am a 'Nintenbro', in fact I own and play on every current gen gayming device besides an Xbox.

100% chance some autists here genuinely believe that

Why are you comparing Ultimate version to the base one? Getting desperate are we?

I can't even get this through to my friend who's a MH veteran, 4U is the last game in a generation, World is the first game in a new gen on new hardware and a new engine. He was dying from the wait, if he had to wait another 2 or more for World to get enough dev time to match 4U he'd probably off himself.

what monster in MHW is capable of inflicting Defense Down.

I'm going to keep fucking asking until one of you bastards confirm to me that none of them can and that Capcom is that fucking cynical that they put in an armor skill that won't be relevant until a fucking DLC monster gets added with the capability of inflicting the status, like, oh, I wonde-DEVILJHO.

>charging $60+microtransaction tip instead of the regular $40 for a game that has over 80% content cut
>neo-nu/v/ unironically defends this
>mfw

I know those flying asshole wingdrakes do.

It's a good thing Deviljho will be free then, huh?

Also, the drakes in the volcano can put it on you

Who gives a fuck? Monster Hunter is weeb trash, anyway.

>over 80% content cut
Where is it?

>paying $60 for a proper videogame
>paying $40 for a phone tier trash
Hmmmm.....

>a single small monster is capable of inflicting a status that no large monster in the base game can
>you constantly get decorations for Def Lock, as if suggesting this is a big fucking deal.

that is disgusting, why the fuck would they do something like that.

I've always treated MonHun as a series one where you just stop playing when you get bored, and would be nuts to 100% it.

Who ever said that? It was clear even before the release that the game is going to be easy AND short.
Idiots who cry 'it's okay when MHW does it' in face of any criticism do not count, because they're mostly consolewarriors and/or falseflaggers.

I commend you on writing the most sensible post in this thread, which is why you're going to get ignored faggot.

I dunno I'm 50 hours in and still only up to Pink Rathian. MHW has plenty of content, people are acting like it's a 4 hour game or something.

Because the game isn't just big monsters user, come on.

Also, DLC monsters will have it. And DLC monsters are free.
So it's a little sloppy, maybe, but I feel you're really, REALLY reaching to be upset about something that isn't a big deal at all.

>armor still looks fantastical anime-bullshit
>weapons are toned down for the most part, have to look 'more realistic'.

you can't have both, Capcom, it looks gross.

maybe you'd change your tune after trying to farm decorations and getting fucking Iron Skin ones all the goddamn time.

THERE ARE FULL ARMOR SETS THAT HAVE THIS SKILL ON THEM. WHY.

>MH4U
>Completion only 400 hours
Fuck off I'm at nearly 1000 hours and I don't have every rarity 10 weapon yet

as much as I like Mh4U and G rank
the monkey farming isnt the way to go for end game

when you start running hame to shoot money 100+ times a day its time to stop playing

>game with good controls and 4k or 60 fps
or
>game with shit controls and a tiny screen
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sorry for choosing to be an autist over a fucking casual-ass normie-ass bitch nigga. Ya'll go on talking about your 1080p 20fps, I'm gonna enjoy emulating at 60.

I get him. Cutting content (monsters) while leaving numerous traces pointing to said content is pretty fucked up.

Anybody who thinks MH ever had bad controls is fucking braindead and doesn't have the capacity to play video games let alone function in society.

Idk how anyone could have a "completionist" time for the game yet

considering not a single person in the world has the platinum trophy yet

and the completionist finish would involve making every armor set, every end-tier weapon and having them all fortified to maximum, as well as all charms upgraded to maximum

there's no fucking way you could do a tenth of that in 103 hours. No fucking way.

>103 hours of grinding the same thing again and again
Lol

t. nintenbro

You could have a point if you left it at just resolution, but you went overboard on the hyperbole. I have an old 3DS without a CPP or anything, and I never found the controls bad, at least since they added in the L targeting. Also, if your battery is that short, then your 3DS is failing you. And the loading screens too, they're less than in World. Come on

It's shit, but it smacks of development schedule issues. If they know the monster is going to be in the end product that's the sort of cutting point you'd expect.
The alternatives could be much, much worse. Like them having to continually push back release dates to fit everything, rushing everything in and it being a buggy mess on release, or just releasing the content as fucking paid DLC like scumbags. This is probably the lesser of a fuckload of potential evils.

MH4U without the New 3ds or stupid ass right stick add on had awful controls and that's how I played it.

I don't see why you'd need right stick controls unless you're playing gunner, most people got through just fine.
Not to say that having a normal controller isn't a massive improvement, but still.

I'm of the old school of thinking that a delayed release is better than getting half of the game day one and needing to wait for numerous patches and DLCs to make it better, so I cannot really sympathize with your claim. There is way one how it should be done and idiots who accepted shitty practices in the video game industry are to blame.
MHW having fuckall content to begin with doesn't help either, a single new monster every two months is not going to keep it alive for long.

>I'm of the old school of thinking that a delayed release is better than getting half of the game day one and needing to wait for numerous patches and DLCs to make it better, so I cannot really sympathize with your claim.
That's probably because you don't work in industry. If you don't meet your schedules things can get fucking nasty.
>There is way one how it should be done and idiots who accepted shitty practices in the video game industry are to blame.
MHW having fuckall content to begin with doesn't help either, a single new monster every two months is not going to keep it alive for long.
That's a lot of hyperbole you got there, stay angry I guess.

>oh we're going to Elder's Rest?
>hold on, let me put on Damascus a so a fucking Barnos doesn't fuck my defense up

But it was okay when previous MH games on Nintendo consoles did that right? Keep being mad, nintendie.

>MHW having fuckall content to begin with doesn't help either, a single new monster every two months is not going to keep it alive for long.
Yeah, because the previous games didn't release the extended content after the fact for several games running without it having negative impact on keeping the games alive, oh wait...

quality > quantity

even if you want content you would play freedom unite

I can spend 400 hour on clicker simulator too.

MHW is a proper AAA game. 100 hours is more than enough. Tell me the last AAA game you spent more than 20 hours on?

>inb4 AAA IS SHIT LOL
that's not an argument

This but unironically
at least 50 of those hours is spent looking at loading screens, and probably 80 of them just looking at your characters long ass gathering animations

When will seething, retarded Nintensoys cease their shitposting against this game?

This game is build from scratch on a new fucking engine, instead of being rehashed from PS2 era. I bet a single fucking Aptonoth in MHW has higher polycount than a Khezu in 3DS MH game. It's not easy to create a new models and textures for 80+ monsters and 100+ armor and weapon sets like in the previous games.

Being so cancerous just because the game isn't on your soytoy, you soyboys literally need to fuck off from our MH community.

>MonHunWorld is not a movi-

when will you assholes stop trying to deflect criticisms of the game as 'nintendo fans whining', I'm fucking sick of hearing it, it's mindless, the games were on Sony systems first, maybe the veterans of the series are fucking upset, maybe you're lumping everyone in one stupid pile because you can't bear to face the fact that MHW has pissed off a chunk of the original core audience.

the people who followed the series across systems, who aren't fucking single-system children.

400 hours of killing stuff? No thanks.

Keyword: A chunk. The large majority of the modern core MH audience in the west experienced the series mostly through Nintendo. Most of the people complaining are comparing World to shit like 4U, including OP

>game with good controls and 4k or 60 fps
What game? Because it definitely isn't World.

Oh, we are pretending that 4U is a bad game again, got it.

It's blatantly obvious that Capcom intentionally released a game with bare bones content and recycled monster rigs & skeletons so that they could prolong the game's longevity through periodic DLC updates.

That or they want to save returning/flagship monsters, features, G-rank, playable palicos and so on for the future console games.

After all, if they pulled an XX and released something like 70 monsters into World's vanilla game, then how would they be able to retain an invested, long-term player base for World if they want the game to have legs for the next 2-3 years? Or how would they be able to top World with their next big console game without having to make some extremely risky gameplay additions/alterations to 'change up' its formula? Then it becomes extremely likely that such a sequel wouldn't end up living to the immense hype and expectations of its players.

You have to take it slow and steady if you want your IP to last - especially when it comes to fickle western gamers.

It isn't really right, but I can see why they went with this tactic.

Nah, we are laughing at retards who think MHW is a bad game because it has less content than the re-re-release of 4.

Stay Salty Nintendo fag

Who are these lolis?

Does monster hunter have monsters that are insect-like or amphibious-like? From the footage I've seen, it looks mainly reptilian, lizard, and mammal like monsters. Is variety good in the game?

are MH fans actually this elitist? do they actually feel superior because they have played a game on a gameboy? tell me this is all just pretending

>are MH fans actually this elitist?

Some of them are, but it's actually died down over the years. Today's MH elitism doesn't even compare the amount of shitty elitism the community suffered from between 2009-2013.

t. nintendo baby

>using anti-aliasing on anything

Generations has no G-rank and still has more content than MHW.

Nah, most of it is just shit posting. Prime example is why make this thread when you know each MH starts off with less content then the re-release.

>ultimate
and this bait still works

>Generations is a good game because it has more content
Said no one ever

>Sonybros get to play the game
>XBoners get to play the game
>PCbros will get to play the definite edition of the game
>Nintensoys, after 8 years of taunting the other 3 platforms for not getting a MH game, finally got Karma exploding in their face so hard as they got denied MHW and MHXX.
>Prior to MHW's release, Sup Forums was flooded with daily "MHW will flop and MH5U will be Switch exclusive!" and "Please port MHW to Switch!" threads.

Hmmm, I wonder, who the fuck is salty and seething enough to shitpost MHW daily? Anyone with 180+ IQ here, care to solve this mystery?

Generations had 7 new monsters, with the rest ported from previous games.

>World plays at an average of 25fps on xbone and 27fps on ps4 base systems

Lmao

been farming for majestic horn on HR diablos for 4 hours now

why wont you fucking drop you cunt, i only need one more

My IQ is only 179, but if I had to guess, I would say Microsoft and Chueys.

>Repeating the same 1 hour of content dozens of times somehow adds up to hundreds of hours of total content

>20 fps 240p, ps2 textures
Top kek

>Spend over 80 hours in a game that hasn't been out for 3 weeks
I think it's only a problem for neets

This is exactly what a lot of people are missing. Did they not realize that for the past eight years they have been copy pasting monsters and adding only a few? Of course a new graphics engine would be shorter than one with a million hours of development throughout the years.

>3DS MH
>20fps

You can stop posting now.

You do realize ultimate is an expansion/version that adds G-level and that this happens with every single game in the franchise, right?

Nintenbros... when they will ever recover from such butthurt.

>story

>monster hunter

Has nothing to do with nintendo. 4U is the best MH game ever made.

>Pretending it never had drops
No u

If it had drops they were seriously rare and NEVER dropped below 27fps EVER

The base systems of ps4/xbone run at an AVERAGE FPS of 25/27

>It became rare due to the N3ds
You're still posting kid?

Wrong, Freedom Unite is the one and since fu every single game is plagued with lower challenge and difficulty.

>Fixed broken hitboxes
>Games are "easier" aka less broken ever since

Wew.

>only 31 monsters in the game
>2 rathalos, 2 rathian, 2 uragaans, 2 diablos, Tobi and odo are the same thing, Fish and lava fish are the same thing, Girros and Jagras are the same thing.
>Zorah is the least interactive giant boss they have ever made

The amount of rehashing they are doing in world is disgusting

Considering how much content they managed anyways and how much better said content is, I don't see a big problem with it.

I'm waiting for the PC release anyways so there will be even more content by that point.

Ah...The old "broken hitboxes" argument, a classic. While they really were broken what people like you fail to understand is that even with fixed hitboxes monsters would still rape you because FU favors you being patient and safe. failures are punished with literally ohko attacks or combos. Newer games reward you being aggressive and on the monster's face.

23 unique monsters is still more than any previous MH before it. And that's without updates.

The last time they started from scratch, they had only 18 monsters, with one being offline only, and two online. Not to mention the absence of every gen2 weapon.

user, let's be honest Capcom rehashes everything from Monster Hunter because until World they all used the same engine, that's why Generations has so many monsters and maps they literally just copy and paste their entire asset collection from older games.

Tri's new monsters at least had the decency to have new and unique skeletons.