Secret of Mana remake

Why doesn't anyone give a shit about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jr5IEi8hSEw
youtube.com/watch?v=iNcXK791JbY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmB2bD50Us4
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it was never a good game in the first place.

because we already know its shit.

Because the art style is fucking atrocious and is overall inferior to the SNES original, so why would I give a fuck?

Its cool and all, but personally I still haven't beaten the game on my SNES yet, so I've got no reason to really care.
Its not like its a super amazing game anyways.

it's a port, so people already know how it looks and plays. All that matters now is for the game to be released to see if they fucked with the mechanics, if there are any bugs not present in the original and if theres Denuvo.
As long as it's not released, there won't be anything to discuss except the new grafix

Because Seiken Densetsu 3 is better.

3D was a mistake.

I care, it's just that there isn't a lot to talk about plus it's a few weeks away. Definitely getting it for a fun playthrough.

This,

Why the fuck did they not localise it?

Should have remade that.

Overrated game

Finally the correct answer after 5 underage idiots.

>No Online multiplayer

OH whats that PC version? so they want me to pirate it? ok then thanks for the free game idiots.

Better to just play the SNES version, honestly.

Also, I just bought this instead.

It's not the Switch collection. The one people actually would like.

>you're underage if you didn't play the fan-translated rom that's been available for years
what did he mean by this?

>weapon swing sound effects replaced by VA grunts
n
o

I would play a Legend of Mana remake, not this soulless garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=jr5IEi8hSEw

Fucking SE, what a missed opportununity.

I want to fuck Poppoi. I don't care if it's a male.

Buy Secret of Mana if you want to get SD3. It's as fucking simple as that.

take that shit back

I'm sure it'll be good for people who haven't played it and have trouble playing older games but for me the original is already fine.

what does it take for the remake to have a soul?
FFXV graphics?

>switch only
>not on 3DS

Fucking retarded

Do they just hate money or why would they not translate this?

FF15 is even more soulless

I don't know why anyone would choose to wear either of those retarded costumes

considering how long it's been, especially after they officially localized FF 3 and Romancing Saga 2, I'd say they pretty much just keep delaying out of hate for profits.

I don't want them to remake Legend because they'd completely fuck up the aesthetic and atmosphere which is probably the most important part of that game. These low quality remakes of SD1 and 2 don't bode well.

"Soul" is code for nostalgia

>Seikan densetsu 3 is the best SNES game
>They'll never officially release it over here

"muh soul" is one of the emptiest complaints one can point out when criticizing something. it's no different than saying it doesn't make you feel butterflies in your tummy, so it's bad.

why do they put so much attention on this rather than Seiken Densetsu 3 and Legend of Mana

Because it's not Legend of Mana

this, combat fucking sucks

whoever wants to play Legend of Mana should do it on PS1, those sprites are top tier and this kind of chibi 3d style would just fuck it all up.
throw that fucking monkey's paw in the trash, you fucks.

looks like taht one phone game of FFA1

See Want SD3? Buy Secret of Mana.

I would only hype and preorder a Legend of Mana remake if it was done by Vanillaware, not like this.

>it's a port
>if they fucked with the mechanics
Are you fucking retarded? That's a remake in 3D with literally different features than the orignal

I don't think you can convert Legend of Mana into 3D without fucking it up royally. It needs to be redone in proper 2D and that's way too much work for nudevs.

My Seiken Densetsu is better than yours

youtube.com/watch?v=iNcXK791JbY

Nah i just want the game on PC with online multiplayer

as far as I can see, it's a remake in graphics only.
from the trailer it doesn't look like it has become turn-based like final fantasy or whatever, so either it plays just like the old version or they could screw up with the mechanics.
what "different features" does it have? does it play like Chrono Trigger now?

I want SWORD of Mana

>remade with assets from the mobile game
>39.99

>i'm too young to have played this game but i sure as shit have an opinion about it!

No it's not. It's not just an opinion or a subjective feeling, when a game has "soul", everybody knows it. It has to do with animations and artstyle clicking perfectly together, but no one knows numerical values to replicate it.

Call me when they make a Vanillaware style Legend of Mana remake with online multiplayer co-op and pvp.

I redrew that grumpy face because reasons

The magic system is different if I remember correctly, but even then, how do you even translate a sprite game into 3D and not fuck the mechanics in the progress. They are brand new, not ported.

>everybody can tell when a game makes you feel like butterflies are fluttering in your tummy! This is totally objective!

Those voice overs, good God, that is atrocious...
And the 3D does look cheap and too slow...
Too bad actually, would have liked a revamped Secret of Mana game...

Because it'll end up butchered somehow. I'll probably buy it anyway to support it and hope to god it means that one of the 2 actual good games in the series get a remake (sword and legend) that isn't butchered into pieces/DLC/garbage.

You're homosex. There's a reason Dark Souls is Dark souls, when it has fugly graphics and clunky controls.

absolutely nothing is supposed to change from the 2D game in terms of gameplay as far as perspective goes.
Secret of Mana is not like Paper Mario, you don't just walk sideways

what, is it out?

Because it's a low budget handheld remake

no user, the "reason" you're mentioning is simply your fucking taste. fuck off.

the game was good until Terranigma was released on the same system

This. I tired playing it and it sucks

Isn't sword just a remake of the first? which we have on vita

In all honesty I don't know. I just know I liked it, and thought it was a pretty good game. I'm pretty simple.

yes, but people conventiently forget just so they can look cool talking about prehistoric games

>Preorder game because I used to play it alot around dad growing up.
>Dad just passed away a few days ago.
>Wanted to show him the remake.
>Wanted to spend time with him.

its just gonna be hell for me playing it now.

What is up with people liking legend now? SD3 was clearly king of the franchise back in the day and no one gave a shit about legend. Is this the zelda cycle all over again? Did the World of Mana initiative shit the bed that bad?

I guarantee you they'll remake that next, seeing as they already remade Seiken Densetsu 1 in 2015 or so, but only released it on mobiles and Vita with no PC and PS4 version.
Same team made remake of this, which is Seiken Densetsu 2.
Guaranteed 3 will come in 2 years.

>Preorder now to receive
>Downloadable Wallpaper

Zelda GBA syndrome.

I always like Legend. I kinda want to try SD3 now though, I never experienced it. It was JP only I read, so is there a fan translation?

What I wouldn't give to play that "officially"... NO WAIT, I TAKE THAT BACK!!! SQUARE ENIX LET IT REST IN PEACE!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY SQUARE ENIX, DON'T "REMAKE" TERRANIGMA!

My only hopes that will come out of this is that someone will take the remastered soundtrack and MSU-1 hack it into the SNES original.

Ah ok, as long as the character goes up down left and right and attacks when you press A, the mechanics are the same. My bad. Here I was thinking of amateurish stuff like animation frames

Yeah the fan translation is pretty solid. It's pretty easy to get your hands on.

There's been a fan translation for it since like 1999 dude.
You've missed out on an amazing game, get to it.

Sword isn't a remake of the first one, it's a reimagining. The "core" is the same but there's A LOT more story, art style is drastically changed, game is expanded in a lot of ways and so on.
It's more like REmake than a straight remake.
If you want a straight remake, play the 2015 remake for Vita and mobile called Adventure of Mana.

I liked it, but I always had a softer spot for Lufia II. Even after all these years, I still boot that one up for an Ancient Dungeon run.

>Shoddy mobile game
>Shoddy remake that looks like said mobile game
>A bunch of emulated ports

Mana deserved better than this shoddy treatment

Because angela is a slut would make the game 18+

Why do companies even still do this shit?

If even Final fucking Fantasy can't get decent mobile versions, they're sure as hell not going to put any more effort into Mana

it's a subtle way to rub it on preorderfags' faces.
they will literally keep feeding this culture of preordering shit, even if all they get is a fucking avatar or wallpaper.

This
I cried for this game

As shitty as this looks, it manages to look better than the FF5 and 6 ports.

Does it have proper mouth movement for cutscenes yet?

Is Seiken Densetsu 3 really THAT good? I hear praise for Secret of Mana constantly but there is always few people saying that SD3 is the superior game.

SD3 is great. It's got a ton of replay value thanks to a job system and slightly different campaign structure based on your three chosen party members.

It's 2 but better in every way

Because I never played the original and couldn't give a fuck

because it is liquid feces. Sqeenix like the slit-eyed kikes they are wanted to shit out an iOS/Android tier rehash rather than treating it with a proper budget and respect like it deserves.

Man. i remember playing this but never finished, how did the game age? Is it still worth playing it?

Definitely. It still holds up to this day.

How has it aged? Since its all ARPG I doubt it has aged as much as some clunkier turn based affairs.

As well as all great SNES games

SD3 has this song, and it's completely unfair towards Secret of Mana
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmB2bD50Us4
However A Wish >>>>>>>>>> Another Winter
SD3 has more tracks I like, but the tracks I like in Secret of Mana tend to fire me up more than SD3's bar a few extreme examples
There's actually one thing that isn't better in a manner of speaking, and it's the magic system
See, as I'm sure you know in SoM one of the broken things was chaincasting - they tried to fix this in SD3 by making EVERY SPELL EVER CAST stop time while it's animation plays to prevent spell locking enemies/bosses
However, this means there is a SUBSTANTIAL amount of time added from spells alone over the course of the game, especially if you run something silly like Ries(e/z)/Angela/Carlie.
Items too -and- Level 2/3 arts

But the Mana mobile versions have a lot more effort put into them than the FF mobile versions