Why are there no good Starship Trooper games?

Why are there no good Starship Trooper games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I5PdXveIeo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there are 2.

game?

It's not a game.

What did Raimi mean by this?

not videogame

shitty movie

Holy fuck dude I was thinking of making this exact thread. With the very same text. Its like my mind has been read.

I am genuinely a bit spooked now.

because starship troopers is a boring setting when played straight and the only reason why anyone cares about it is because the original film is a work of postmodern ironic genius

the book is a boring treatise on why space fascism is necessary and power armored space marines has been done a lot better since

Starship troopers game mode for sc1 was GOAT

Nah a game could work. Its just that it has a ton of competition and people are going to expect that you can kill a ton of bugs in the game in huge battles with allies. So because this cannot work without making some compromises developers haven't bothered. Also I don't think people are going to want to be bothered by too much story shit. Another strike against this game being made even though it can be possible and it can be really fun.

jesus raimi

guess you lead such an average life so close to the statistical mean of all behavioral possibilities that there's a clone of you walking around.

Armorines was aiiight.

this, I'd like to play as a skymarshall though and create agitprop and launch meteors to my own spaceships for shits and giggles.

no

> why are there no games directed by verhoeven
FTFY

Yes, it can work.

I didn't mind that squad level game that came out around 2004. It was fine.

''It’s an idiotic story: young people go to fight bugs. So I felt the human characters should have a comic-book look. Mark Wahlberg and Matt Damon auditioned, but I was looking for the prototype of blond, white and arrogant, and Casper Van Dien was so close to the images I remembered from Leni Riefenstahl’s films. I borrowed from Triumph of the Will in the parody propaganda reel that opens the film, too. I was using Riefenstahl to point out, or so I thought, that these heroes and heroines were straight out of Nazi propaganda. No one saw it at the time. I don’t know whether or not the actors realised – we never discussed it. I thought Neil Patrick Harris arriving on the set in an SS uniform might clear it up.''

no, it can't. Murrilards in general are too mentally handicapped to understand irony.

SNAPP DID NOTHING WRONG

FUCK MARS

She was a dummy.

Well I am unfamiliar with the books. I did like the first movie a lot. The other two movies were pretty god awful. I only know very little at most about the books and I do know they supposedly made an animated film IIRC here.

The game would be far more gameplay focused than story focused, if they knew what was good for it that is. It would probably be very much like that PC game only actually good. There is great potential here but devs don't want to make simple gameplay focused games. They want shit that hooks people into long running franchises. Starship Troopers needs to be dumb fun to work.

This is exactly the kind of martian toxicity that's killing humanity

didn't read the books either. Paul verhoeven only took the story but it subverted its message. it's just straight up murrifat fascist propaganda.

Oh and btw I wasn't paying attention to the webms posted here. Yes I see them now.

>original film is a work of postmodern ironic genius
AHAHAHAHA No.
The movie was hypocritical garbage done by a tasteless cunt stuck way too up his own asshole. The book is somewhat interesting, and would probably make for a good basis for a game. In fact, EDF is basically that.

American detected

The strategy game was surprisingly decent, but the FPS just plain sucked.

Imagine a Body Harvest 2, or a spiritual successor, for the switch

lmao

Why for the Switch exclusively?
I would gladly play a sequel on any console.
Shit, I would play a remake with stable frame rate.

What are you talking about, EDF 4.1 is amazing and 5 is coming out soon

What does good needs with a Starship?

Helldivers

Actually, americans are the only morons who actually fucking gobble this shit. Pretentious starbucks coffee sucking american kids who think "it's satirical!" is the apex of human intellectual effort.
Verhoeven is a immature, distasteful hypocritical cunt who can't come up with a single actually clever idea, actually even remotely likable or interesting character, actual point of social commentary to save his life, so he makes up for it by being gross, dumb, and pretending like his fetishes and his absolute cunts characters are somehow a selling point, rather than a good reason to fucking break his arms and never let him hold a camera again in his life.
Terminator was good by fucking accident. Everything else he ever made is garbage, all based around exactly the same fucking gimmick of "it's OK to be shit because SATIRE" and you fucking know it.

Turn it into a classic Halo clone with sprint. Instead of zoom working as it does in Halo it just zooms further while still showing the gun. Not ADS/ironsights, a lot of older games did zoom like this. Halo games had great areas for memorable fights. The same can work here. vehicles would also make everything more fun.

>verhoeven directed terminator
spotted the underage retard

>angry Sup Forums: the post

What the fuck does Sup Forums have to do with any of this?

Sorry, Robocop.

You can set up a civ just like the Terran Federation in Stellaris

also Helldivers
youtube.com/watch?v=I5PdXveIeo4

Yeah that's the one, with arnold schwarzenegger wisecracking all the time.

>this much of a brainlet

You don't know who's inside the ED-209.