I'M SO FUCKING GLAD ROGER EBERT IS DEAD, NOW VIDEOGAMES CAN BE ART

I'M SO FUCKING GLAD ROGER EBERT IS DEAD, NOW VIDEOGAMES CAN BE ART

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=muJYTeQlvC4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Games were always art though.

I'M SO FUCKING GLAD YOU POSTED THIS THREAD AGAIN

This. If modern art is art, video games are art.

BILLION

Music isn't art because I said so.

QUENTIN

For a game that was supposedly "the Citizen Kane of gaming", people sure stopped caring about Bioshock Infinite fast. I'll sometimes hear people bring up the first Bioshock, never Infinite. It's almost like it was overhyped and disappointing trash, made specifically for pseudo intellectuals or something.

SALAD DODGIN'

>That profile pic
JUST!

I refuse to believe a generic FPS is the artistic peak of this medium.

>Anything being art
>In the age of post-modernism.

Do we really need to have this thread? Can't we just agree that Infinite was garbage and move on?

I forgot how hard people dick rode Bioshock Infinite when it released.

>5 years ago
There are more anons in this thread than people playing lawbreakers lmao

Not as bad as this one

>Gallop and Ride for the Wii is art

>implying art is art

It frustrated me because infinite wasn't even the best Bioshock game, let alone the fucking masterpiece it was touted as being.

I'M SO FUCKING GLAD YOUR PREVIOUS THREADS DIED NOW YOU CAN REMAKE IT FOR THE 1000TH TIME

This one's always so ridiculous, that I can't believe it's really real. You can't blame anyone for thinking it says cuck. Come on Cliffy

it is tho

LOL what a cuck!

I feel like critiques don't see video games as art because they try to look at the game in a solely cinematic perspective. When judging a video game as art you should see how it takes advantage of its medium and does something only a video game can do.

Essentially things that come to mind are: Fallout New Vegas, Undertale, and Dark souls.

The relentless arguments about art are pointless because most people don't even look into how the people felt about classic paintings etc when they were first made. They contrast how these products are considered today to everything else.

Infinite was dog anus compared to Bioshock 2 which was dog anus compared to Bioshock 1.

You'd have to be retarded. Why would the two c's in cuck look entirely different?

>Bioshock Infinite
>"True game as art"
What the fuck is this brainlet smoking.
Bioshock infinite was cynical and lazy to the extreme.
The only people who care about it are retards like Penny Arcade who will eat up fucking ANYTHING where they can dote on a digital surrogate child.
Ken Levine has entered the ranks of hack, middle-aged dad developers like Cory Barlog (God of War 2018) and Jacob Minkoff (The Last of Us) who don't even really want to make game, they just want to make movies about how "special" being a parent is because the only thing on their mind are their wretched crotch-spawn.

Most people are not autistic enough to notice this

Fuck off

Capital letters usually look different from ones that aren't

Was the smoke and mirrors ending of Infinite that compelling on normal fags?

What a read. Saved.

>there are lower case letters on that shirt

If the message of the shirt was so important, why not take a picture of the whole shirt so that there is no confusion about it?

that guy nailed it pretty well

No one said that. There's only one capital letter there. Learn English kid.

Why the fuck should anyone care what a critic of a completely different medium things?

By the way: you don't want to look into "game studies" as a science. They've spent the last 20 years bickering whether games can have a story or not.

Art comes from the Latin word "Artem" meaning "skill as a result of learning or practice". 99% of the things called "art" are misusing the word. A game can be "art" in terms of the quality and dedication the developers put into creating it, but to say it's "art" just because a game is pretty, "deep", or fun is an insult to intelligence.

For the most part, Ebert was right when he said video games can not be art. The fact that games are a product that have deadlines that must be met or else prevents them from ever being art. The closest we may come to a game being art is Death Stranding. Not in a Kojima circle jerk way, but because he now has the freedom to use his 20+ years of practice to create his magnum opus without any restriction.

>we'll never be able to experience the good version of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=muJYTeQlvC4
Levine is a fucking hack.

>The fact that games are a product that have deadlines that must be met or else prevents them from ever being art. The closest we may come to a game being art is Death Stranding. Not in a Kojima circle jerk way, but because he now has the freedom to use his 20+ years of practice to create his magnum opus without any restriction.

Yeah because all those commissions with deadlines give to Michelangelo sure as hell aren't art right? Fucking mongoloid.

Fuck off, weeb, and learn how language works.

>Bioshock Infinite
>Anything above mediocre

>there are no lower case letters on that shirt
>there's only one capital letter though

>The fact that games are a product that have deadlines that must be met or else prevents them from ever being art.
How the fuck is that even related?

Hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but if you a think a word is being used wrong 99% of the time it's being used, you've got it backwards. Yes, words mean things, but if the vast majority of its usage is understood by the people using it and hearing it, then the word's meaning has shifted.

He's baiting or retarded

Art is generally understood to provoke emotions and to explore aspects of the human condition, as well as the whole "craft" thing.

In other words, art is art because it is pretty and/or deep.

>you'll never write something that moronic
why live?

tbf it's what Ebert deserved

what a hack

Movieblob unironically had it right when he said all games were art, but if they were good or bad art was up to debate

>includes music
>art design
>cinematic elements
>acting
>all of which are considered art
>REEEE VIDEO GAMES HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ART

K

>commissioned art isn't a thing according to this autist
please jump in a meat grinder and feed yourself to cats, its a better use of your time and space then you continuing to breathe.

Bad art.