Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

Comes out April 3rd. 54 days remaining. gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/02/06/pillars-ii-director-interview.aspx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPs05h4Rcl8
instagram.com/ishiki_mp/
iiishiki.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>poe thread again
Oh boy, time to start a new character.

based shill posters

That's a great interview that gets me even more pumped for Deadfire. Less than two months away now.

won't shill it until Josh releases a hype video. I wanna see his dumb pretentious face lie about how great and "interesting" and "deep" this game is.

>No Eder poster
It's not a proper PoE thread without him.

Having fun with that class?

That's not good. Better "balance" it out.

>Principi, the pirate faction
>the Huana, which are the native culture that live in the Deadfire
>the Vailian Trading Company, who are also present in a minor way in the first game but are a colonial trading power
>and then the Royal Deadfire company from Rauatai, who are another colonial power that is more militaristic coming into the area
Who are you siding with and why is it the Vailian Trading Company?

>pirate game
>no rape options
>most of your party are goody two shoes

I'll probably side with the Vailian Trading Company. Amusingly enough, my Watcher is from Rauatai in PoE1 because I picked a random origin location due to indecisiveness.

Where the fuck have you been, nigger?
youtube.com/watch?v=yPs05h4Rcl8

I am just hoping you can customize the attributes of permanent companions. I have a habit of trying to min/max every game and I refuse to have someone with shitty sets of attributes scatter all over the place no matter how much I love its character. Last time I had to permanently change the codes in the game for this.

>mfw telling Aloth to destroy the Leaden Key and making Eder mayor

Am I a bad person if I tell people not to depend on the whims of the Gods?

Id probably never try this game solely due to that one shitposter shilling this shit in divinity threads.

No amount of shilling will save you from inferiority.

Oh, the "kiddinity" guy. Yeah, he's pretty obnoxious, he even shits up PoE threads.

>In the first game, another thing thematically is that you’re kind of in a post-colonial area. It’s an area that’s already been colonized, there were already wars between the native culture and the colonizers, and most of that stuff has been resolved even though there are still some lingering issues. But in Deadfire, it’s an area that is actively being colonized despite there being a native culture there. Those themes and issues are more to the forefront. One of the reasons why we chose to have two colonizing factions is I felt that if it were simply a native culture and a colonizing culture, it would be very easy for that to fall into a trope or a lot of tropes that aren’t necessarily that interesting to explore, and some of the things that I think are very interesting about exploring colonialism in Earth is that often you will get colonial powers not only fighting each other, but also trying to play that native culture against their rivals. That’s the space that I thought was interesting to explore in Deadfire in terms of the secular conflict on the ground.
This is really fucking cool. Sawyer just gets it, man.

Classes and Subclasses

No amount of bait will resurrect the discussions of your shallow dogshit game, because there's nothing to discuss in the first place. See

We finally have some info on Tekēhu
>So Tekehu is a native of the Deadfire Archipelago, one of the godlike, or people who are born with features that resemble or are associated with a certain god. Pallegina is also a god-like and is associated with Hylea, the goddess of birds. Tekehu is a marine god-like, associated with Ondra, the goddess of the sea. Because the Huana culture is also very nautically oriented and they live in the Deadfire, he’s sort of doubly revered. He was born into a caste of artisans, and from a very early age, people decided that his art would be water-shaping. Water-shaping is something that is unique to the Deadfire Archipelago. It is actually seemingly unique to the city of Neketaka. Tekehu is able to manipulate water in this beautiful, artistic, sometimes deadly way and he is a member of the Water Shapers Guild, and although he is not really a senior member or guild master, he’s got a chip on his shoulder. Because everyone has told him he is so gifted, he believes it. He is really talented, but it goes to his head. He’s very dismissive of people telling him how he should be using his arts, how he should use them to help people. He believes that is his gift to decide what to do with it. He’s very headstrong and amorous. He has a lot of romantic inclinations and as you walk around the city of Neketaka, you run into people who have come across him in various ways. He is well known throughout the city. He is a very colorful and passionate character but is very headstrong and full of himself. He is also very inexperienced in dealing with the outside world. That is his conflict with reality.

i knew he looked too damn smug

Sure, whatever kiddo. I sure am salty about the lack of discussion about a game that came out months ago and had stacks upon stacks of discussion within a month of release.

The weak should fear the strong.

1. *Shake your head at this delusional Larian fanboy*
2. [SCHOLAR] *Laugh at this idiot's shit taste in RPGs*
3. [LARIANIGGER] *Bro fellow redditor's fist in EPIC agreement*

I did the same thing my nigga, although I let Aloth decide for himself and that's the option he went with.

God damnit, can you guys fight in another thread?

Notice how your wojak edits are infinitely less funny and clever. Reflects your own intelligence pretty accurately.

Honestly Sup Forums, what are the chances of this selling well?

>>Principi, the pirate faction
Muh Watcher sticks by Old Vailians, so probably that.

Using wojaks in the first place proves both of you are brainlets.

I suspect you find them infinitely less funny because they're making fun of you, Larianigger.

I don't even hold it against the gods but they are fickle and sort of insane and extremist, people solving problems with their own hands is better than raising an army and invading like what Eothas might have done or all the bullshit Woedica was planning.

Either Royal Deadfire Company or Vailian Trading Company most likely.

>stacks upon stacks of discussion within a month of release.
>within a month of release.
>being so dumb you don't even understand that you've BTFOd yourself

Yeah, can't really hate the gods when they gave us birdfu and based abydon.

there is ctuhlu and deathwing in this one ?

>can't really hate the gods
>the same gods that allowed Ondra to go full Skynet mode and nuke an entire civilization

Are any of the characters written by Avellone? I always find his characters to be irritating hypocrites who kick puppies and then give you some dumb reason why it's okay for them to do so.

a month is a lot longer than PoE could ever dream of getting. I'm sure you'll try your best to manufacture as much activity as possible though.

decent-ish? I dunno, the save simulator in PoE 2 hopefully will convince people to buy even though they didn't play the first one

It's working. Good on them for reminding me.

I mentioned in the previous thread as it was at bump limit, I've been drawing a bunch of portraits lately. I realized I could use them for my game, then I realized others might want to use them. If there is interest I might make a small portrait pack.

Do we know anything about the save simulator?

Not in the sequel. He wrote two party members in the first game, one who was pretty good and one who was boring as fuck.

Dump them, fagboi.

According to the previews, there's still no XP gained from combat, so that's bound to disappoint and enrage someone in this thread.

But that's practically the only thing Obsidian got right when it comes to leveling.

Alright, can't hate all the gods. Hylea and Abydon are great, Ondra is a cunt, Magran is a FIERY WHORE, Eothas killed all your pets and Skaen is a fucking faggot. Doesn't Berath save you at the start of 2?

Yeah, Durance and GM. Durance I was iffy on, he was fun but he suffered from the same thing as other Avellone characters, he committed tons of atrocities and then had a convenient excuse.

it's gonna work similar to Dragon Age Keep, you choose the major decisions made in PoE 1 for your PoE 2 run

I'm at work so I gotta wait a bit to resize them and I also plan to re-purpose a bunch of them so they have more medieval equipment.

>not waiting the console version
this is how it should be gamed.

I thought Durance was well written, though Eder was obviously the best bro. Grieving mother I found boring as fuck.

what the hell, so many people don't even get past the first areas

This, CRPG stands for Console RPG anyhow.

If you guys feel like you want to use them, or have ideas for equip I could give them so you would use them, or if you have requests, I'm open to ideas

He made just as many buffs as he made nerfs.

>Owners: approximately 1,2 mln

Damn, it sold better than I expected. And that's not counting GOG sales right, just Steam?

Tell that to the poor Cipher.

>insane CC
>no per-rest memes
They're still amazing, what are you on about?

Pretty nice, do you have a pixiv or something along these lines?

I liked Durance too, I'm just tired of Avellone's "extremist with an excuse" characters.

Tons of cool downs and casting times.

I'm playing a moralfag, so I'll side with whichever faction is more "in the right". As of now, based on pre-game impressions, it seems like the Huana are the way to go. They're the ones that are being colonized after all.
The imperialist sharks sound really cool, though. Maybe I'll side with them in a theoretical second run through the game.

Yeah, I'm only playing G kotor 2 for the first time but I can see that with Kreia, or it feels like everyone's made dumber just so Kreia can look smarter. She's still nowhere near as bad as that rambling nigger Ulysses though.

>>the Vailian Trading Company
aren't they the bitches who sold abortive drugs behind mafia's back and got caught and shat their pants

tumblr and instagram is where I post most of my stuff
instagram.com/ishiki_mp/
iiishiki.tumblr.com/

You're probably gonna have to do that again. Sawyer feels strongly about companions having their attributes feel right with their characters.

>He is also very inexperienced in dealing with the outside world.
kind of like Kana in a way

It wasn't an official operation or anything, just one guy who fucked up.

bear

(You)
(You)
sorry about the annoying filters, some of these I'm just ripping off of my instagram since I'm at work

BULL

>relieved
fucking based

DA DIBIDE

Ulysses is by far the worst because not only was Hopeville an unfortunate accident, he proceeds to set off more nukes later to add more blame to something you weren't responsible for in the first place.

The NCR had a research station and you just happened to be delivering a package containing research material.

That's exactly what I did too. Some of the gods have alright morals, but after the Saint's War, it's clear that they aren't the most reliable. Better for people to learn to stand up for themselves. And Animancy needs to be studied better and controlled. The potential benefits are too good and the Leaden Key cruelties are too much.

Maybe even this one. Anyway, I plan to go back and draw different equipment like hoods, cranial accessories, and gorgets and stuff.

>a month is a lot longer than PoE could ever dream of getting
PoE has been getting actual lore, combat mechanics and character discussion threads since its release, while Kiddinity 2 is shallow dogshit h&s game with no depth in any of the systems or writing/narration that would facilitate actual discussion.

>Letting Sup Forums shitposters diminish your enjoyment of video games
Your loss.

>loredump makes my game good

>NCR built a base over a nuclear payload
>NCR accidentally detonate it
>DA BEAR DA BULL DA COURIER 6

I appreciate shitstain poster because, if nothing else, he's one of the few people in this damn board that likes PoE even more than I do. Baldur's Gate 2 is a great game, though.

Brute, Ravager or Fanatic. Haven't decided which one yet.

YOU, AND THAT MACHINEEEEEEEEEEEE

By all means, enjoy Josh Sawyer's overload of autistic lore at your leisure. Divinity fans had their fun and boy did it show.

A game being set in a setting that has interesting lore that facilitates discussion makes the game better, yes.

You can draw some beautiful faces. I like these ones and would be happy to use them, but I think the blonde girl's armor doesn't really fit the PoE setting.

>By all means, enjoy Josh Sawyer's lore at your leisure.
Thanks, I will.

>Divinity fans had their fun and boy did it show.
It sure did.

People have been shitting on Divinity threads with Pillars of Eternity shitposts, so it's only fair they strike back. This whole "war" amuses me, desu.

I'm sure the local culture will have no shortage of shitty practices that will give some credence to the thought that its people might be better off colonized.

>Using the exact same image again
That just reflects really poorly on you guys. Even larianiggers can do better than that.

Last one I’ll post. I’ve been repurposing this one. Next I’ll give her elf ears. Thanks for looking! Looking forward to the game

It's almost certainly making a profit. The chances of it selling well are good. The chances it sells extraordinarily like Original Sin 2, though, are unfortunately pretty low. This doesn't have the turn based combat or the co-op gameplay or the wacky randumb writing to gather that big an audience. I'll be happy if it manages to surpass the first game. That would already be pretty great.

I like this

It's like you're asking for another noogie. Know your place, twig.

>LESBIAN WITCHES XD XD
>it's okay to be transgender, kids!
Yeah, no thanks.

clean up your muddy as fuck images

God, I wish someone had made a mod that prevented reputation loss so you could kill Backer NPCs.

The Royal Deadfire Company, of course.