Soy Stranding

Soy Stranding

Am I supposed to know who that is

This is just barely related to the thread, but if he wanted, he could easily go into the fragrance business with Elon's Musk

>Elon's Musk
We already have The Boring Company
I'd rate this as probable

why are people so excited about this pointless launch anyway?

Its a milestone for the private space industry
>pointless
are you twelve?

why should I care about the private space industry? there's nothing in space mate

there is nuffin in ure fukn skull neitha m8

>He says while he posts using technology that would never have been invented if it weren't for the space

>EHMERGEEEDDDD ITS SPAAAAACE WE WENT TO SPACE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *does the soylent grin*

yeah I can't wait for more private companies to spy on us with affordable satellites dude

This is the future we have

GUYZ WE CAN MINE ASTEROIDZ AND GET FREE ENERGY FOREVER

WE ARE IN SPACE RIGHT NOW

disgusting.

This was unironically my dream as a kid ever since watching Armageddon. Of course I later realized you’d spend way more going to harvest them than the resources would be worth :’^(

there's GOOOOOLLD in the asteroid belt and if we can make a cheap enough way of getting that shit from where it is, to home, then we'd be fucking SET

I can't decide if this type of guy is more embarrassing or the #based skinnyfat neck beard.

What is your opinion Sup Forums?

>based skinnyfat neck beard
no such thing

>that image
I can see this actually happening

NASA is soyboy company confirmed?

WHAT THE FUCK IT REACHED MARS ALREADY

>Arabsat-6A is a Saudi Arabian communications satellite operated by Arabsat. The satellite is the first planned payload of the Spacex Falcon Heavy and set to be launched in 2018.

Great news guys, we can finally allow terrorists to have satellites

"I don't know what inflation is"

It's more like, plentiful gold would be hyper-useful. And iron.

Wait does that mean that they fucked up the Mars orbit and now the car is just going to fuck off into space?

Yeah scientists are all fucking soy conniseurs with their prissy-ass scientific """progress,""" buncha semen-slurping soyboys have only contributed to the downfall of society, wasting resources going to space and shit what the fuck is out there, who the fuck needs technology it just lets them grow more soy they can soy-doctrinate their soyboy sons with soygenes to make a new soycies of soymans

Wrong faggot.
There is shitloads of resources in space. Which by itself is a good enough reason to expand at least throughout our own solar system (interstellar expansion is more debatable, especially if travel at decent speeds (10 percent Light speed or greater) proves unfeasible).

Also within our own solar system there are also many places worth getting to because they would allow us to build things we couldn't build on Earth. Not to mention the fact that we will eventually simply need more space than Earth can provide and the fact that getting off Earth and colonizing other parts of our Solar System makes it harder for humanity to go extinct as the result of some kind of freak asteroid or other natural disaster because our eggs would no longer all be in one planetary basket.

There are shitloads of reasons to colonize our own solar system and even more reasons to colonize other star systems (if it turns out to be possible/feasible to do so).

>there's a timeline where we didn't give up after going to the moon, and reached Mars, and colonized the moon
>instead we decided to be lazy and waste money on bullshit
>private industry finally caught up and will now basically privatize space

At least I probably won't be alive to see the worst shit happen.

No shit, that's why it's not feasible. But technology improves efficiency and one day it will be cost efficient. That's why we aren't mining asteroids RIGHT NOW

Space is pretty cool actually

How do they intend to get shit into space when we run out of rocket fuel?

You joke but if we can manage to properly harness the full solar energy that our sun produces we basically would have infinite energy compared to how much we have now.
If we could harness all of the light energy that the sun generates in one day, it would be more energy than we can currently generate in 1000 years with our current methods of energy collection and generation.

Are you seriously saying we are going to run out of hydrogen gas, the most plentiful element in the universe?

t. soycuck

Man I wish people would think I'm a genius just for taking things that the government already did, and just doing them because I was already rich.

grug think earth good enough
space boring, probably alien anyway

Meant for

USA has tons of satellites already.

That's completely wrong though. We didn't stop because we got lazy, in fact there were multiple Mars mission projects planned for decades after the Moon landings, the main problem was that the technology wasn't good enough.

Basically no one could present a Mars mission plan that didn't have a decent chance of failing in the most horrific way (the untimely death of all the astronauts sent) because the tech at the time just wasn't fucking good enough.

There are ways to pull off the numale "smile" decently in which case I honestly don't mind much. But the OP pic triggers me, it is 100% fake and his eyes are beyond looking neutral and clashing with what's supposed to be a smile, they look straight up sad/apologetic. He looks like he was just told:
>sir, your wife survived
>... the birth of her black baby

If it's between this and neckbeards, I'll take neckbeards any day.

At least Elon is fucking doing something, since we can't rely on the governments to do it ever since they all signed that "No one is allowed to colonize space" treaty and basically pussied out of space exploration for the foreseeable future.

>DS confirmed for 2018 late release by Kojima & KJP
>Still no gameplay despite Sony execs saying it's playable
For what purpose? No really every single fucking thread with Kojima no one says anything about this. WHY WOULD YOU NOT SHOW ANY GAMEPLAY WHEN THE GAME WILL BE RELEASED LATE THAT YEAR?

If there were aliens we'd have a good reason, but there's literally nothing within millions of lightyears around us
Space is like the areas in games that you glitched to, you're not supposed to be there, God didn't develop anything noteworthy there

1. We won't run out of rocket fuel on Earth for a very long time as it's chemical components are ridiculously common.
2. We should build a space elevator at some point, then we won't need to do ground launches anymore.

E3

>gameplay
>Sony exclusive
Whatever do you mean?

>Implying
Aliens would be a better reason NOT to go into space as there would be a significant chance of getting into an unwinnable war against a species millions of years more advanced than us that would crush us like an insect.

The main reasons to go into space are to colonize and to harvest resources. Especially as we eventually will find a way to stop or circumvent aging, which will cause the average lifespan to increase dramatically and with then cause Earth to rapidly become overpopulated and in need of resources to supply the needs and wants of all those new people.

Setting up this infrastructure for future expansion beyond the Earth itself is incredibly important for humanity's future. We need to at least start preparing to expand through the rest of our solar system, though we won't need or want to head for other stars for thousands of years due to the immense energy and time costs involved in doing so.

>Dude we can just build solar plants in space and send the energy to earth with microwave beams
Whatever you say Asimov

>He doesn't want humanity to have access to infinite power
Fag.

That is why we must colonize user. If we send colony ships on massive 1000 year long voyages to distant habitable planets to colonize them the colonists will evolve and mutate due to the different environment, gravity, living conditions, culture and using technology to modify themselves.
Then in another 2000 years when we check up on them again they'll be visually and genetically unrecognizable to us.

Don't you understand user? WE CAN BE OUR OWN ALIENS!

what's the point of soy meme anyway? I drink soy milk and eat a lot of soybeans but im not feminine at all

The problem is that, despite there being plenty of resources out in space, there's a huge empty space between it, like, 80% of the known universe is just empty space

I was thinking this the other day and my big thing is like, it's soooooooooo fucking expensive i don't think it'd be worth it.

Like think about it, you can't just "Push" the material back to earth or have like a crash site for it on earth for it all to drop to. like how would they get a large amount of resources farmed in space back to earth without it burning up upon re entering our atmosphere?

They'd have to design a rocket capable of free-flight I think, that can also withstand re-entry to earth.

Maybe if they made like a rocket/robot that's essentially just a huge storage container and an arm to grab shit and it's only designed to picks hit up and then re-enter earths atmosphere and dump a pile of shit filled with minerals

It's about a myth that soy reduces testosterone levels.
It's stupid and it's honestly best to not bother thinking about it too much.

>im not feminine at all
>hairless

>I drink soy milk and eat a lot of soybeans but im not feminine at all
He says while posting a pair of chicken-legs

i shave

Internet autists afraid of a bean because Phytoestrogen has the word Estrogen in it.

Space Elevator user.
You fly the resources in space to a space elevator then you send them down to earth using that.

It's also important to remember that space flight gets cheaper as technology advances. It costs over 10 times less to launch a rocket into space now as it did 20 years ago. Eventually, the value of the resources will exceed the cost of collecting them, it's a natural progression that is basically inevitable unless technological advancements in space flight hit a literal, impassible wall and can't progress any further (which is incredibly unlikely).

Well we tried getting our governments to do the whole space thing but some citizens are more concerned about how we can prevent Johnny-no-job, his girlfriend Suzy Spreads-her-legs, and their 6 children from starving to death.

>No one is allowed to colonize space
Pretty sure there's no treaty that says we can't colonize space, there is one that says we can't weaponize it though

>his only concept of aliens is this retarded hollywood sci-fi cliche of super intelligent advanced species

The more gold there is the less it’s worth dummy. If we flood the planet with space gold then it all becomes virtually worthless. In fact considering the American dollar isn’t even backed by gold anymore should alert you to that it has already happened here on earth