>runs in an empty field for 10 minutes
>sees copy and pasted pig monster outpost
>”great finally some content in sight”
>*one heart left*
>”Oh no better open up the menu so I can pause everything and heal!”
>*Link starts shoving kebabs in his face*
>NORM NORM NORM NORM
>HNNNNNNGGGGG *slaps stomach*
>great now all your hearts are restored!
>DING DING DING DING DING
>DUH DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUHHHHH
>*recives Apple x 5*
>sees copy and pasted shrine
>Hey i wonder what smart puzzle is awaiting inside
>*put meta ball in hole*
>LINK YOU’VE PROVED TO BE RESOURCEFUL AND WISE THE FUTURE OF HYRULE IS IJ YOUR HAND
>DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUHHHHHH
>*recives arrow x 10*
>sees pebble on the ground
>”wait a minute this can’t be......”
>POOF
>DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUHHHHH
>”YEEE YAHHH HAHHAAHA YOU FOUND ME FAGGOT HERE’S YOUR KOROK SEED
>”LINK THE BLOOD MOON RISES ONCE AGAIN NOW YOU CAN DO ALL THESE SHIT AGAIN”

GOTY

You can't change the timeline no matter how much you cry.

>You can't change the timeline no matter how much you cry.

Link's Awakening did nonlinear better

to be honest this is all open world games. Its all a chore and is completely uninteresting and repetitive.

Only witcher 3 managed to pull it off somehow.

Do you bitch about every game you don't like? This game would probably be more enjoyable if you take advantage of the engine and do some pretty cool shit.

tl'dr

Post lewds of the centaur

You can't claim "critic's" opinions as objective analysis. BoTW is the Skyrim of zeldas and a 7/10 at best.

>Play a sandbox game
>Don't like the sandbox gameplay
>Whine on Sup Forums about it
I can't even understand the thought process that went into making this thread.

i like your way of writing
did you wrote any other shit?
it was funny

more quests
BOTW wouldnt be so bad if there was just more shit to do I have probably a few hundred hours just give me more shit to do and better shit to do all the costumes minus a few are shitty looking or are pointless besides very specific situations DLC armour is worthless because you cant upgrade it weapons are worthless just wait for a blood moon then go to Colosseum and hyrule castle its a lot of fun and has potential it just didint do alot the town next to the ocean side is really comfy lemme buy a house there! but nope only like 3 quests in that town

>Oh i'm dying and don't have any more weapons, better use my amiibo™
Thanks Nintendo

>he still can't accept that he was wrong and BotW is the best game ever made
Never stop ahahahahhahahahahaha

I don't understand the pause and heal complaint

Just don't use it

>Few hundred hours
>Give me more shit to do
Were you expecting the game to never end? You are not supposed to play it forever. I'd say if you got a few hundred hours of entertainment out of it for that price it's pretty fucking fair.

you can't claim your own as objective either. we can, however, objectively observe that the subjective opinions of the majority were overwhelmingly positive. keep crying about that.

Zelda isn't good because reviewers say so. It's good AND reviewers say so too.

It's a video games discussion board.

Because the Witcher 3 was an RPG set in an open world, not an open world game, which is the correct way to do it. The focus was on the quests and the NPCs and the story and the kurwa.

I just want more desu the DLC's were shit

>bought a Switch specially for BOTW
>hate it so much I don't even want to buy a Zelda game ever again
>BOTW kiddies call me a Sonybro while I play Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2

They still can't get over OoT and that was 20 years. Better strap yourself in.

HA
BTFO SPLATOONFAG
t. b+ loser!
just kidding, this is Sup Forums my friend

>says this while defending "amazing experience" as a substantial criticism from the so called """critics""" and defending repetitive copy and pasted outpost design and gimmicky rooms as """dungeons""".
Nostalgia.

It's pretty funny how Splatoon wasn't even on my "to buy" list, it's something I got on a whim when getting a Switch because I wanted more games for it. It ended up being my GOTY 2017.

is zelda anything like assassins creed origins?

Im kinda sick of open world games. Just following a waypoint like a braindead zombie, kill some stuff, complete quest, repeat.

Gain enough xp to level up and advance the main quest. This is repetitive and boring and kills any need for exploration.

This one is worse. Almost no quests, and the main quest is like 2-3 hours long if you remove travel time due to how far apart the locations are.

Eating healing items should have had a cooldown.

Other than that the games perfectly fine.

>tfw no centaur waifu

these threads always devolve into Breath of the Tards resorting to "it's fun" in attempt to invalidate any reasonable criticism.

well I liked the world in shadow of the colossus, the fact there where no quests actually made me want to explore it more. Also it wasnt retardedly big.

Its the grinding and the pointless sidequests that kill me.

Witcher 3 was chores the game.

I dropped it after 8 hours sold it within a week. I don't see why Sup Forums Gets they're dicks rock hard for Witcher 3 wild hunt. Wild is the last word I'd use. Boring is a much better word

because compared to all the other open world games this one has a decent story.

I just sat through MGSV, Dragon age inquisition, mass effect andromeda, assassins creed origins, far cry 4 and just want to kill myself.

The last open world I enjoyed was maybe Dragons Dogma or shadow of the colossus, before that maybe red dead or gtav.

Other games with big worlds i liked where xenoblade chronicles and the soulsborne games. (if you can even consider that open world)

FC4 is not a game you marathon, the map is just too fucking large. I quite enjoyed it

Witcher 3 has hours upon hours of combat and story, it's not "you can go anywhere" memes like BOTW.

Are there any recent open world games that dont rely on having a stupid quest marker? They are ruining all the fun for me. And if you disable them you get lost since the games gives no directions at all.

I have a love-hate relationship with Splatoon 2.
I hate I shilled it a lot here because I soon found out job less NEETs have nothing but time to get good then destroy me.
Just Monday I was top inker, top head hunter and overall pretty boss at this game with a 20 game winning streak
Just yesterday I was on a 8 game losing streak and swear I didn't spent more than 45 seconds before getting splatted.
Still I like Splatoon 2 far more than BOTW despite it's issues

Same user.
Splatoon 2 is the most underrated Switch game.
All we hear about with Zelda and Bing bong wahoo

>tfw looking for exaggeration here
This game is actually like this and it makes me fucking mad I wasted 60 bucks on it. Only 1 platform poorfags will defend this.

>WAAAAAAH YOURE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE WHAT I DISLIKE

fetch quests, copy-pasted bandit camps and monster nests you mean?

I personally skipped all those games when I fell on hard times and had to downgrade to a 80$ 2ds and sold both my TV and PS4 for 500$
Personally with all the trash games that came out around that time I think I got the better deal.

What annoys me is that they are going to make all future games like that pile of shit.

nice strawman nintenbro, just like every thread.

This is the best luigi.

>>>reddit

Imagine shoving your penis in a puffy horse anus

BotW is nothing like Ass Creed. BotW is probably the best open world game on any system at the moment. It elevates the entire genre. Other open world games feel archaic and underdeveloped by comparison.

>runs in an empty field for 10 minutes
You could ride a horse (or a bike), or jump from a high place and then glide or again teleport immediately to your destination.
Plus I doubt you can walk for 10 minutes without finding a place of interest or enemies. I'd say 4/5 minutes max in the most empty areas like the desert.

>Nonlinear
The fuck you talking about?

yeah. i liked it for some months
now i think it is the shittiest game of 2017
i fucking hate it now

Zelda has always been a pretty shallow affair. I loved BOTW, but everything about it is Skyrim tier. That said, I have no problem with games like BOTW or even Skyrim existing, I don’t need every game to be mechanically deep or challenging. It’s a fun game to sink some time into, I thought it was great. Enjoyed Skyrim too, I don’t think either is the best game ever but they were fun for a good amount of time.

There is no game that would not benefit from turning all horses into centaurgirls.

>wow blood moon is no unique and creative
>what you call walking i call discovery and adventure
when you have people glorifying enemy respawn and the mundane theres something wrong

>play multiplayer game
>be surprised when people are better than you

BotW is one of best video games I've ever played. Looks like the majority of the world agrees with me. What does that mean?

hold up do you actually get a korok seed from putting apples in those stupid shrines?

No, those are just free apples to eat. Like the "take a penny, leave a penny" trays.

you fucking liar i just checked

Can Sup Forums ever recover from BotW?

what do you want?
it looks very good to me
you compare 3d models to art nigger

Um, I posted it because it's cool. How many games let you actually recreate the cover art? BotW is beyond amazing.

Oh wait.

xDDD
i really thought this was shitposting

I don't see anything that would start an actual discussion in this thread. Other people come in and discuss shit. OP is a fucking idiot.

It's been a year. They've ran out of desperate angles to try and attack the game. They'll bide their time until RDR2 gets released and pretend that was the Zelda killer all along.

Do you bitch about every thread you don't like?

Try Gothic.

yes

>Are there any recent open world games that dont rely on having a stupid quest marker? They are ruining all the fun for me. And if you disable them you get lost since the games gives no directions at all.
Elex could be completed without quest markers. NPC in game actually do give you directions. It's kind of janky though.

i want more shrines like the motherfucking cannon.
but fuck the gyroscope shrines, holy shit.

SEETHING

That 3d landscape is fucking awful though, i can't believe nintendies defend this shit, it's only redeemable on PC.

Are you a Bioshock Infinite developer?

BotW has possibly the greatest exploration and people parroting "wew another shrine" either haven't played it or wouldn't know game design if it stabbed them in the head.

Here's an example of BotW's natural environmental puzzles.
>see shrine out of corner of eye, could easily miss it
>it's in a lake surrounded by a dome-like rock
>can't swim to it because freeze to death
>Cryonis puts you too high to get under the dome
>notice river flowing into it
>think that it might somehow be my clue in
>follow river upstream, expecting maybe a raft
>keep climbing, nothing
>pause for a moment and consider leaving
>then notice trees a little ways to the side, upstream
>it clicks in my head
>chop down the tree, roll it into river
>it starts floating
>ride on it downstream, including down a waterfall for a small "oh cool" moment
>duck as if approaches dome, just make it in.

Before you say this isn't a big deal, it's not. It's little things like this just having to feel "natural" that makes it good.

Here's what the same thing would look like in Witcher III, an actual Ubisoft-tier game
>exact shrine is marked on your map the whole game
>go there
>Geralt comments "huh, a shrine, but I can't get to it, huh... I better use my Witcher senses and maybe try going upstream"
>Quest updated: Use your Witcher senses to find a path
>turn it on; there's a red line going upstream
>Geralt: "I knew it. Footprints. Someone must have been here recently."
>follow the red line
>Geralt: "I see signs of a tree being cut here. Hmm, maybe I could use one as a raft."
>scripted quest tree nearby gets marked
>only tree that can be cut in the game because it's part of the questions, not because it's part of the environment
>approach it and press X, cutscene plays of Geralt cutting the tree and putting it in the water
>cutscene of Geralt riding it to the shrine
>QUEST COMPLETE +500xp

Do you see the difference here in something so basic?

>horse autofollows road for 30 seconds
>stumble into a stable
>start a quest for an NPC looking for a skeleton horse
>get directions instead of a icon telling me where to go
>find skeleton horse and engage in mounted combat
>bring horse back to complete quest
>notice a raft near the stable
>take raft down the river and stumble into a shrine surrounded by flowers
>unique NPC screams at you for stepping on the flowers and an amusing cutscene happens when you do it enough
>within the shrine is the equivalent of a 1 room dungeon puzzle in a normal Zelda game
>continue taking the raft down the river
>riverside is peppered with unique geography that gives you a korok seed for investigating it
>go under the largest bridge in the game and see an electric dragon fly by with it's own musical score
>river feeds into a lake where the objective of a different quest was hinted at but never placed on the map
>finish up that quest and clear a shrine which requires an ability upgrade
>finish my play session with a sip of the ol soylent

it's an ok game and the best open world game ever developed. Too bad open world games are dogshit so merely "ok" is groundbreaking

Witcher 3 has absolutely no fetch quests and the monster nests/bandit camps are all distractions in-between story based areas

Except no one ever really shitposts about OoT. If it is as bad as you imply there would at least be 2-3 threads about it per day.

Thank you for accurately describing what playing BOTW is like. These retards play it like ubishit trying to clear out bandit camps 24/7 even though there's no reward for it, and instead of taking that as a hint to stop doing that they complain that the game is broken and boring

Absolutely untrue. 90% of the people on this board have never even played it or seen people play it, that's why. Most of our board is gen Z.

Breath of the Wild is just Open World Action Game #5284

There's nothing unique about it, there's nothing to draw people in except Zelda branding and a Nintendo logo.

The game is fucking average in all ways.

But of course once again Sup Forums and the rest of the world proves it's okay when Nintendo does it.

any game where you play as a centaur or have a reliable centaur companion?

MGSV at least had unique gameplay and setting for an open world game. unlike generic fantasy/sci fi setting

So how would this population be unable to get over OoT then?

Why are (You) faggots giving serious replies to BotW bait thread #334?

Botw has shit melee combat though.

>Action Adventure game with your Centaur Wife
Someone make this please.

>implying you wouldn't encounter a Lynel in that timeframe

I love in the first meeting the boobs slap when they got exposed, my dick reached the valhalla

>Do you bitch about every game you don't like?
Where do you think you are?

It's definitely above average for this decade. Shit like Witcher 3 is completely broken, Skyrim is literally single button mashing with no parry or dodge mechanics, and ass creed/bamham combat is overtaking every other generic combat game. Botw is unironically better than every combat system that's not souls-like in the 2010s

I didn't even read the OP desu, I just saw the BotW image and wanted to discuss a few things about the game and centaurs.

Shitposts aside, my only real gripe with this game is the dungeons. Zelda has always been about puzzles and gimmicky dungeons. Yet the dungeons just feel way too short.

Because dungeons are spread out over 120 shrines. There's more puzzle gameplay in Botw than every other Zelda ever made. The Divine beasts are simply the most complex puzzles, the most fun to solve, and have the best boss fights in the game.

not really, when you break 10 weapoms fighting a Lynel and have to pause a trillion time just to recover, shit is not much better. The flow is completely fucked.

It's very different. Generally the only thing that has waypoints are main quests but they only tell you where to go to start that segment of the main quest. The majority of the game is shit like

>NPC tells you they heard a rumor that a great treasure is where "semen comes from"
>Look at your map and find BIG DICK LAKE which looks like a cock and balls
>go to the balls of the lake and there's a small cave you can swim to under some overhanging rocks
>in the cave could be a shrine which give you more HP or stamina, money, rupees, unusually strong weapons or a piece of unique armor

And thats the entire game. You just stumble into stuff and get rewarded for checking out anything unique. For stuff thats a little harder to find there'll be a NPC that tells you about it and gives you directions or some kind of riddle to find it. If you want to just wander around and check shit out you'll like it but if you'd have a reaction like "ALL I DO IS WANDER AROUND AND CHECK SHIT OUT" you probably won't like it.

>Pausing to recover
Shit eater detected
>Can't easily with almost no effort build up an arsenal of weapons where you'll break 2 at most to take down a lynel
Get good, faggot