Why did it have to be set in Africa

Why did it have to be set in Africa

why not

Nothing's scarier than a black "person"

>Why did it have to be set in Africa

because of racism.

I agree, it's literally the one thing that makes me not want to play it. Such an insufferably boring setting.

Wesker is literally the only memorable part of the game.

People are more comfortable shooting niggers-turned-zombies than people-turned-zombies.
Basic psychology

Wesker alone made the game better than RE4 and 6.

Because it's an underused setting that works well with action/adventure games. Shame all the whiny bitches made sure that no devs go anywhere near it anymore. I'm still waiting for a good Black Hawk Down game.

Because that's where Sheva was.

only place nu-umbrella could set up shop and go unnoticed

Imagine it's detroit but cleaner and more civilized.

>MUH RACISM
fuck off its because its the cradle of life and they were looking for the progenitor virus that somehow happened to be Ouroboros.

know, like how when you're looking for tropical prehistoric diseases you obviously go to the oldest places where humans have been

they'd have the same backlash if they set it anywhere else, see Resident Evil 4 for how much bewitching there was about muh innocent villagers

Why not? It was about going back to the source. Progenitor Virus came from Africa, this was mentioned in previous games like RE0.

I guess because they wanted to do something different. It was alright at times, but overall pretty gay.

This. In Wesker’s files both the progenitor virus and ebola came from Africa (as is common with these kinds of hemorrhagic fevers) both diseases were component parts of the T-Virus development.

Ouroboros is not exactly Progenitor virus, it is merely yet another one derived from it, and made less than 100% deadly by combining it with Jill''s T-virus antibodies. Progenitor virus is what revived Wesker after Tyrant was a bit too eager in saying hi.

Same reason RE4 is an american in a destitute spanish village

Being a white american surrounded by dirty dark skinned foreigners is scary. Period.

And re5 does this amazing with the honestly genius idea of using impoverished violent africans for the same purpose, who are all scary as fuck, but that made the SJWs blow a gasket

Well it was the place where t-virus originated from, and IRL concept of zombies initialy came from africa too. I think it’s pretty neat

>RE5 better than RE4
Trying to hard kiddo
[Spoiler]Wesker was the best RE4 mercenary

Anyone else remember the marketing for this game? They wouldn't shut up about "Horror.....IN DAYLIGHT". They made a big deal out of going from dark areas into bright and how this would blind you and be very scary.

Turns out it wasn't really.

still a good game but im not fond of the inventory system and having to press the "partner" button

It was cool.

RE Remake > 3 > 4 = 5 > 2 = Revelations > everything else except > 7 > 6

yes. it was retarded. i remember them saying that with the bat boss in the background. friend and i get to that part and the light was more of a pain the ass than being scary.

This, I cry for all the inhabitants of the alternate universes who never got to experience unlocking Sheva's tribal costume.

>2 that low
I disagree

You know deep inside its the least of the best resident evils.