What went wrong?

What went wrong?

planes are trash
ai of your units is trash

Yeah well modern AA wrecks shit.

The first Wargame wasn't close enough to WiC.

naval is a joke
lots of bugs once you've figured out how everything works
pay to win DLC
questionable flavour balance (USA especially)
helicopters are poorly modelled, planes are equally one-dimensional
etc

Casuals see the unit list and have no idea where to start.
Noobs start the campaign and have no idea what to do.

Could be solved by having a traditional campaign with intro missions like I dunno EE but lol Eugen.

>ai of your units is trash
how so and compared to what?

Barebone campaign, and no plug and play map/scenario editor. \
Good SP is how you draw in fresh players, after innitial hype dies down, especially in complex games where noob is guaranteed to be curbstomped in the beggining. It's also how you keep selling game after MP goes into obscurity

Hard to control.

AA is overpowered

Seriously, what the fuck Eugen. The fact that AA is a really effective counter to everything but airplanes fucks the game up. Why bother using tanks as a spearhead whwn you can just use AAA machine guns to cut a hole through any defensive line like a hot knife through butter.

What I was annoyed with when playing with a friend was this:

Objective complaints:

Unit AI is strange, they need to be micromanaged in bad ways, can't remember specifics now but I think it was along the lines of firing at Abrams-tanks with small arms and thus revealing your position and dying even though you had no anti-tank weaponry, such things

Less objective complaints:

I don't know how true this is objectively, but the red force felt really fucking OP to me when we played it on a noob-level. Have fun fighting 2000 tanks with about 5 as bluforce. Granted, some of the blufor-tanks were nigh invincible, but that also felt cheap as fuck. Losing as blufor felt like: "The enemy has 50 tanks to my one, what the fuck am i supposed to do?", and losing as redforce felt like "The enemy has one tank that annihilated my entire army, what the fuck am i supposed to do?". Neither loss-scenarios felt fun or fair when experienced.

Highly biased balance
>leclerc best tank
>mistral best cheap aa
>rafale best jet by far with best rockets
hon hon indeed, my friend

Glorious North Korean T-34 lacks tank ridder's. North Korean cheap migs lack availability (1-2 availability is f-15 territory) Eugen dropped support as soon as that shit ww2 game came out. Still no WG5 middle east

they're French
they probably took more time off in holidays than working on the game

>Eugen dropped support as soon as that shit ww2 game came out.
Which was that?

Woefully inadequate balance patches. Wasted dev time on a poorly implemented naval feature. Double standards with regard to units allocated to the various nations in the more modern timeframe. The title coalition is a hack job that was never fixed.

And so on.

Reddit, and I'm not meeting. Eugen listens to Reddit when it comes to balancing, it's how you ruin a game. Been with the series since EE, and Reddit has always been the cancer killing wargame. I miss /wgg/

Their new ww2 game is far worse. It is boring beyond believe.

They keep trying to make new games instead of a wargame sequel, Acts of Agression flopped and sucked and same with the WW2 game. I don't get it

is steel division that bad?

Well, I won't call it bad, as boring is the best word to describe it. Like, it has good maps, with interesting design. Has plenty of units. But the gameplay itself, the infantry combat design is pretty bad. All in all, it is an extremely boring game. I played it on release and had no desire to launch it ever since. Red dragon is much better.

Diehard Wargame fans generally hate it.

One game is 4 yo, the other is not even a 1 yo.
Kind of embarrassing.
I am sometimes fascinated by how much developers believe that they know what players want better than said players, and thus disregard any advise.

Troop transport trucks dissapear upon being unloaded. Your infantry basically become immobile once brought to the front. The most vital piece of logistical equipment during the war that ferried troops and supplies over the battlefield just dissapears because whiners don't want truck scouts.

>Troop transport trucks dissapear upon being unloaded

no possibility of comeback after early rush

This better be a joke, or you're really fucking new at the game
Like, sub 10 games new

>Loads in game with naval active
>It's 2 Kongos right next to each other

nothin personnel kid

I always wanted to play this game because I love cold war settings and having some of the prototype weapons is really cool, but it feels like there is no real way to start. Everyone online has thousands of hours and the campaign explains nothing.

Balancing issues, not a lot of depth, maps look user custom made, and garbo sound effects.
Campaign mode adds nothing, deck builder is limited.
All of that being said, I played it last night with a friend and had fun.

Modern warfare is boring, there's a reason why all the popular ones (world of warships, world of tanks) use WW2 and earlier technology

Cold war sub 1985 Is ideal. Peak Soviet threat level, Limited smart weapons, no fancy optics or guided weapons. Just men and machines of war.

amored warfare could have been good if they didnt release it like a year too early

I don't know. I think if we saw an actual war, and not terminators vs goatherders, it might be interesting again. We don't REALLY know how a modern war would play out. Might go to crazy places, if people could keep their fingers off the nuke-button.

tried to somehow model naval combat that should really be easily over-the-horizon without a sensor model

they should have just gone back and remade all the planes to actually have sensors, so that the plane combat wasn't also entirely retarded

i mean i guess it was doomed from the start because their priorities were all wrong basically

CMANO is the only game that gets modern warfare right

>CMANO
I wish I was more autistic.

nah. mid 70s mid 90s is alot of fun. even modern warfare can be fun as long as you are handed a challenge.

just need to shape the field correctly to allow it to actually be a competition.

it's not even that autistic friend

just start with a small scenario. that's mono-domain and then go from there.

english jets over uganda is a good one

seriously though it's not that bad t. king autist

> t. king autist
How does CMANO's autism compares to, say, Dominions' or Aurora's?

about on par, albeit pretty different

it's a more "anchored" sim than those two but it's like them in that it tries to map out every single possible eventuality of a specific scenario (CMANO's is modern air/sea warfare, dominions is "you are god king of fantasy, go do god-king things" and aurora's is "far-future space warfare")

CMANO's strength is that it can represent almost fucking anything. want to play 1960s WWIII? small fleet action during korean war? USAF conducts strike against terrorist in 2010? naval jets sortie against vietnam? etc etc etc you can do it and the game handles it very well.

WWII and before is a little out of the possibilities right now, and ground vs. ground is a little spotty (surface-surface missiles are mostly modeled but infantry is very abstracted) but for air/sea warfare, there's nothing like it imo.

Post-1990 bullshit wunderwaffen.
Too much focus on literal who nations over European NATO/Warpac staples and the big boys USA and USSR.

Thank you for the answer. I'll pirate it and give it a shot.

sure. there's a bunch of included scenarios. try shamal if you have an afternoon some time. bring SEAD to H2. trust me.

It's fine, I like it. Pretty fucking hard to get into, though, but that's pretty much every RTS where if you fuck up your first minute your team will all yank out their cables and leave you to get shitstomped in seconds.