Praised for its amazing story

>praised for its amazing story
>people claim it's one of the best final fantasy games ever
>that ending

Was I lied to? Did everyone but Red and his people just die or what? That shit was so vague, the game was great but that ending really was a letdown

If you mean the overgrown Midgar scene, that's hundreds of years later, of course everyone is dead by then. It was to show that nature won against technology.

You finished the game and yet you didn't know why the fuck that was the ending? holy fuck shit, just replay the game, the answer to your question is an obvious one as it was seen on a cutscene. holy shit just replay the game. Aeris dies by the way in case you missed that too

The ending is a bit vague. All it's showing you is that Midgar itself is not rebuilt as it was and that Red XIII + others like him are alive.

Vague but also 500 years in the future so who cares.

Yeah but people don't just die in 500 years, they reproduce and shit, take a look at us. Apparently advent children takes place a few years later tho, is that canon? That would mean the meteor didn't kill everyone I guess
Thanks for explaining nothing of the shit you apparently know user

The ending doesn't show you the world you brainless fuck, just Midgar and only Midgar is dead. And Midgar is an abandoned ruin already in Advent Children, and yes it's canon but make sure you watch the Complete version, not the original. Complete adds a lot of extra scenes and generally improves the movie.

it's shit

it's babbys first final fantasy

and then they retconned it to be the start of that shitty direct-to-video movie

Alright thanks, that makes it better now

They didn't retcon it. They just showed that scene and did a rewind back to post-meteor Midgar.

This You're so fucking stupid holy shit, why is average Sup Forumsermin sub 80 IQ?

Advent Children is almost right after FF7. The Red XIII clip is 500 years later.

>Did everyone but Red and his people just die or what?
Yes, the original intended ending is that. The planet uses all the human's strength to beat meteor.

The REDXIII thing is just an epilogue to show some sort of happy ending where the planet goes on, even without humans.

Then of course it was retconned for the movie and the new games. But original game? Everyone died. There are several interviews confirming this

>caring about interviews where answers are made up on the spot

Meh.

>There are several interviews confirming this
Stop lying

He's rusing you, there is literally exactly 0 sources for his claim.

Well it's not like it would be surprising. They still still to that garbage FFX ShinRa FF7 connection.

Here it is

>EGM: At the very end of FFVII, we see the epilogue to the whole story that takes place 500 years later, so really, you still have another 497 years’ worth of games and movies to fill in....

>YK: Ha, maybe I’ll try to do that. In a way, I consider that epilogue to be the true happy ending of FFVII. Well, it’s a happy ending even though all the human beings are destroyed. [Laughs]

The planet used everyone to powerup the attack, sorry nigger.

Cool source faggot, have a pity (You).
Also why the fuck am I even in this shit thread? I'm out.

It is one of the best FF ever but it still gets way more praise than it should

It means that humans are destroyed after 500 years, not that they all died to stop meteor.

This is a well known interview. God, Im really talking with newfags here. Out

Then it wouldnt be a "happy ending" because nothing bad happened in the previous one.

The original one would be the happy ending, and the redxiii epilogue a bittersweet one in a doomsday scenario

>>EGM: At the very end of FFVII, we see the epilogue to the whole story that takes place 500 years later, so really, you still have another 497 years’ worth of games and movies to fill in....

>>YK: Yes, wait for tifa whoring herself out a few years after the end of ff7, she is just a slut we added in this game so teenagers of all time will have something to ogle about

You were lied to
The best Final Fantasy is IX

I hate FFVII. Being a loser nofriends teen was bad enough, for example being mocked for spending all my time in my bedroom on 'the computer' then when this shit comes out - as well as the first Playstation generally - suddenly everyone is a hardcore gamer wanting to talk about this shit.

>"I love vidya. Hey aren't you that user who also loves vidya? Have you played FFVII?"
>No, I only have a Saturn and a PC.
>"Hahaha user you stupid faggot PC is for nerds, and what the fuck is a Saturn, something for losers I bet! Hahaha fuck you!"

I hate humans.

I think you meant VI ftfy

Advent Children is fan-fiction. Quite literally.
Yoshinori Kitase wasn't around to help with the writing of the movie and it shows.
Its a hot pile of steaming shit.

What ancient computer games were fun enough to spend so much time on them?

>he bought a Saturn

Its amazing no body has posted this yet.

There is actually a pretty major plot point that is sort of glazed over while in the City of Ancients with Buganhagen.

When he reveals that Cloud and co must use Holy to destroy Meteor, it is said that Holy destroys anything that causes harm to the planet. This very well could also mean all of human kind as well since theyve been hurting it with reactors and such.

So basically to save the planet, they risk the chance that they also might all perish. The end of the game leaves the fate of humankind vague and unanswered. Red survives obviously since hes not human. But who knows about everybody else.

But then again, once Advent Children was made, that whole "what if" scenario was thrown right out the window.

>Advent Children is fan-fiction. Quite literally.

True but it gave us the best looking Tifa outfit, a cute Yuffie, a nice looking Vincent, and an amazing recreation of the final battles from the original game. Webm related.

>you had to create multiple parties for the final Sephiroth battles
>FF7AC scene shows multiple parties

FUCKING POETRY AHHHHHHH

The planet basically survived only because of humans, so it had to be somewhat kind.

Holy destroyed Midgar and left people alive. That should be good enough since the "harm" humans were doing to the planet was overblown. Outside of Midgar and specifically outside of ShinRa, humans weren't abusing the planet in any extreme way. Wiping out everyone would have been overkill.

>tfw i actually really like the movie
might not help that i watched it before even playing ff7

That answer is because they were talking about FF7 compilation. Dirge of Cerberus was already released by then.

Considering Shinra already disappeared and people didnt abused the planet anymore, there is no reason for humans to go extinct after only 500 years unless a new threat or doomsday appears.

Original ending: bad ending
REDXIII epilogue: happy ending

There would be no need to add a happy ending if the original was happy already. In fact, the new doomsday scenario of the redxiii epilogue would just be a gloom ending to a completely regular good guys beat the bad guy first ending.

>The planet basically survived only because of humans, so it had to be somewhat kind.

No, it didnt. There would be no threats without the artificially created Sephiroth. And diamond/ruby/emerald/ultima should be strong enough to dispatch Jenova without any human interference.

>he bought a saturn

you deserve it to be honest

Shush.

Hey OP, I haven't read all the posts in your thread since the first couple of them were retarded. So I apologize if this is already been explained to you.

You see, the spell cast to stop meteor at the end of the game, holy, isn't just some super strong blast. It's purpose is to wipe all harm or sources of harm from the planet. This was explained through various points in the game, starting with the meeting with Bugenhagen at Cosmo Canyon. So now you see, the casting of holy raises a very interesting question: are humans going to be wiped out? Are they harmful for the planet? After all that you've seen throughout the game, can you say that humans aren't harming the health of the planet? The answer is up to you, because the game leaves it open intentionally. All we know for sure is that Red XIII's species lived on. Which makes sense, considering the stories we heard about his ancestors. Finally, we see Midgar, once a great source of harm to the planet, taken over by nature. The ending shot encapsulates the game's theme beautifully, bringing things full circle with the most iconic imagery you'd have tied to the very start of your adventure.

Now just remember not watch Advent Children or play any of the spin offs because they just decide for you that actually yeah humans lived bitch fuck

Something neat thst most people seem to miss: at the very end of that Red XIII scene, when the screen begins to fade to black, you can hear children laugh.

>everything has to be spelled out because I'm a retard
Thanks for ruining another industry ya plebs