ITT: Pointless sequels

ITT: Pointless sequels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0VUuRaLFUGg
youtube.com/watch?v=Db_A8w84Tcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

guess the producers think otherwise

I liked the surge, come at me.
There are way too few action rpgs to be so picky.

Though code vein looks absolutely horrible.

>Likes surge
>Thinks code vein looks horrible
What happened to Sup Forums

Code vein looks absolutely terrible, the surge atleast has proper hitstun and hitfeedback where as code vein just feels like slicing through butter.

The surge absolute biggest weakpoint is that it has almost 0 rpg elements.

I actually had an ok time with the first game.
But some of the games systems felt bad and the game itself was too short
Most of the enemies felt more like they're trying to cheese me to death than actually fight me.
It felt more like trying to "solve" combat than actually fight an enemy, my reflexes and skills didn't really feel like they mattered as much as just sitting around waiting for the right opening to attack or doing so much damage to an enemy in a short time they couldn't even fight back.

Ultimately it's good as a cheap game if you don't want or expect anything from it.
I will absolutely not be buying the second game though

After this and Lords of the Fallen these devs have shown me they're really good at making awkward bad feeling movements and attacks with annoying enemies and lackluster bossfights.
The only thing they actually did pretty well was the environments had some pretty cool layouts and visuals.

Given the jump in quality from Lords to the Surge, actually looking forward to this

All the games that Deck13 has developed have been pointless.

The surge is good. More surge is good.

The Surge started out good and it went bad the next zones

Weapons were too power-creepy instead of interesting like Dark Souls weapons

Also shit ending

>it has almost 0 rpg elements
maybe that's part of why it's the best fucking third person action game to come out alongside NiOh. From can eat a ton of dicks. Surge 2 is going to make so many Soulsborne Sup Forumsirgins cry

all videogames are pointless, its just a hobby

The Surge was fine.
It was fine. Wasn't incredible, wasn't crap.
There's far worse sequels.

>what is name recognition

>an actual Surge sequel
Well, shit, I'm actually pleasantly surprised, I kinda wanted a sequel to see some of the game's mechanic improved and expanded upon, just never thought it would actually get made.

it's all pointless man, all of it.

We all know this isn't true.

>the surge atleast has proper hitstun and hitfeedback

the surge has neither of those things

haha what? are you nuts?

YOU CANNOT MISS

I liked it. Hope they increase the amount of bosses. Like at least by 10.

WHAT YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

First one was fucking unbalanced miss with weird art direction and awful gameplay choices. Literally the worst soulslike of all.

>game has bug boss
>you can tear off its limbs one by one
Just for this, I will forever love The Surge.

Oh yeah, this cheap Dark Souls clone made by devs who make nothing but shovelware is great.

Considering either ending to the first game has the nanomachines set free, I'm curious to know if they will make one of the endings canon or if they'll just leave it to the player's interpretation.

>weird art direction
I think it was great. Being Germans, the devs admitted that the only compelling setting they could design is a modern industrial environment so they went with that.

For as short as it was, I think I enjoyed The Surge more than I did Dark Souls 3.

>has unique weapons that drop only if you defeat the boss in a certain way

how the fuck was I supposed to know that

Considering that one of the endings is a full blown grey goo scenario they don't have a choice but to go with Dr. Chavez's ending.

Actually most of the weaknesses of the Surge were lack of content (armours, enemies, weapons, etc..) so a secuel could be a really good game I think.

fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=0VUuRaLFUGg

In some way I did too. DS 3 is too continuistic for my taste. The Sourge's combat is more original in that sense

>can't re-fight bosses
>game autosaves the moment a boss dies
I specced in 1H rigged. I uninstalled the game right after PAX dropped the regular weapon on NG+. I got the Black Cerberus armor and Firebug Throttle without even looking up a guide, but for some reason I failed to get the hardcore kill on PAX even though I knew what I was supposed to do.

I don't understand why the security chief girl went "hollow" and for that matter what exactly made the rest of the facility go nuts while you didn't.

DS2

beep

Why does it look so ugly

the security chief was affected same as everyone else, she merely resisted it longer

you and the engineer girl and possibly a couple of other people who died before you were taken out of the regular implantation process by Sally. Sally deliberately created people outside the control of the Rogue Process so they could lift the lockdown and decide the deadlocked voting process in the board room

I gotta admit, It seems they just love making these games, this is like what, their 4th attempt now?

Bayonetta on Nintendo.

>materials only drop if you lock-onto a certain limb
>refuse to use lock-on in any 3rd person action game
>uninstall the moment I noticed this

Shit game design.

>kill 95% of humanity slowly
>kill 95% of humanity all at once
At the end of the game you might have stopped the nanomachines, but this giant issue was never really addressed, the planet is still fucked.

I liked Surge, it was short but enjoyable. Really hope they fix some of the flaws of the first one, like adding more variety of enemies and weapons.

youtube.com/watch?v=Db_A8w84Tcw

The Surge looked neat, I just never got around to playing it. Maybe the sequel will improve the combat, that would be a pretty good incentive to give it a shot.

kys weeb

I havent played either game, but the surge combat atleast feels like it has weight to it, and the limb targetting system gives the genre its own spin, in code vein it looks like characters hit each other with water noodles and theres nothing really new except having npcs companions on your ass at all time, which can distract enemies and revive you

Arent these games supposed to be hard?

That's a nice surprise, didn't think that did well enough to get a sequel. I enjoyed the first game but it could definitely benefit from a sequel to improve things.

This. Shit game for shit people, Sup Forums is dead.

>Shammy

>Too few Action RPG's

Try being a pure Action game fan then come back to me.

Everything has fucking stats and skilltrees now, it's awful.