Has Sup Forums ever changed it's dominant opinion of a company as drastically as it did for Valve...

Has Sup Forums ever changed it's dominant opinion of a company as drastically as it did for Valve? Sup Forums used to worship Gabe Newell and his company, now most people seem to hold them in contempt.

It's quite simple

>people like something
>that thing becomes shit
>people now dislike it

most intelligent people still like valve
whats the matter, did you buy a bad game on steam and prefer to blame the store that sold it instead of yourself for being an ignorant consumer?

kill yourself please

I think it's more;
>people like something
>that thing ceases to produce content in fear of being shit
>never becomes shit
>people still dislike it

Valve as a company became utter dogshitgarbage though, they controller was a flop, their streaming was a flop, their OS was a flop, ever since they took over Dota2 the game's quality fell through the floor, they haven't released actual SP games instead of MP ones that they can milk in how long 7 years.

They transcended making games. It's far more efficient to make others make games for you. They have done literally nothing wrong, and I still want HL3 but even I can see I'd only play through it once and then move on. They are still trying to bring enjoyment via the game industry but not really accomplishing much to be honest.

But they were good at making games.

>be good at something and make decent money
>be even better at something and make even more money

would that be a hard choice for you?

Valve is only liked by /r/pcmasterrace babbies. Using Steam is no different from using a console.

Sup Forums changed its opinion on Valve as their focus shifted from game development to game distribution. Any company in their position would have done the same, because a company's primary goal is profit. But Sup Forums and gamers in general always get mad when a company's interests don't align with what they want.

>Using Steam is no different from using a console

Can you even imagine being this fucking stupid

Can you imagine being this poor?

I don't give a fuck about their profit margins. I care about whether or not I have good games to play.

>no online fees
>more than 10 games
>no different from a console

Glad I got all the games I wanted during the original sales. Remember when you would get publisher packages for something like 20.

I want good games to play too, but it's naive to expect a company to lose out on guaranteed profit just because you want them to make games. I don't hate Valve for doing what literally every company would do, and what I would do too if I was the CEO of such a company. It's just how the world works.

How is using Steam anything like using a console? I genuinely want an elaboration on this.

>Created lotbox
>Killed half life
>Killed team fortress
>Last game was portal 2

Actually their last game was the GNU/Linux version of Rocket League, and they're apparently working on supporting additional third party releases.

Valve developers have also been working on drivers for AMD cards because until recently there weren't any good ones available on any platform.
Those are unfortunately GNU/Linux exclusive due to Microsoft's policies.

>Sup Forums used to worship Gabe Newell and his company,
back when it made games
>now most people seem to hold them in contempt.
because they stopped making games