Prediction: Dark Souls Switch will be the Definitive Version

In a year awash with big titles it's striking to me that I'm most looking forward to Dark Souls Remastered, and despite owning both an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, I'll be buying it for the Nintendo Switch with half the framerate. I suspect this version will become the definitive one.

There reasons are twofold.

1: Portability. A game so many of us have played so much is perfect for picking off a boss here and there. While not ideal for putting down mid-play, it's still a comforting travel companion.

2: The Community. Skewing younger on Switch, the community will almost certainly be more co-operatively focused as they may need help traversing the game's perils. Conversely, as many may not have played the game before, they will be easier to invade and PVP for veterans returning to the game or looking for a quick fix. And adding a layer to that, they could prove more challenging, as defending players take an interest in protecting newbies. Also with potentially lower disposable income and a greater fixation on one product, Switch players may quickly best veterans as the game's reigning champs.

It's a complicated chain of events but one that may prove most interesting on Switch.

Are you stoked to have this classic portable?

Which platform most excites you for purchase?

Will you be replaying this classic if you've played it before?

Do you think it will have the most robust and complicated community on Switch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yExnEmyqAhU
gamespot.com/articles/celeste-is-selling-better-on-switch-than-ps4-xbox-/1100-6456585/
resetera.com/threads/prediction-dark-souls-switch-will-be-the-definitive-version.21685/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

soy

Pc will have the definitive version of any multiplat. Always.

But switch version will be great if you prefer handheld gaming. The switchs benefit of one purchase giving you console+handheld versions of a game often makes up for it being a less powerful version.

With a few exceptions where the downgrade is maybe not ideal at all.

Nice to know you're two points have nothing to do with the game itself.
>Portability
Got that already on a laptop
>Community
Lol, no.

I would say fighting games have higher playercounts on console.

You can argue that PC has the "quality" fanbase, but it's pointless because everyone thinks their platform is the best

Keep telling yourself that faggot

30 fps faggotry.

>PC hacker master race
>definitive

Any multiplayer game is best on PS4. No hackers, no fucking russians, no subhuman chinks. Sorry chang your country is trash

>No hackers

XIM4 pretty much ruins games like OW, R6 etc, Blizzard confirmed Sony & Microsoft don't care

>no fucking russians

Instead you got 12 year old white boys calling everyone a nigger & harassing women

>no subhuman chinks

subhuman japs instead

Dark Souls was made to be played at 30, it helps the slow, methodic pace of the game....stay mad PC/Sonybro...

I see that you’re also a resetera fag op

No

>reddit spacing
As expected from a PC retard. Keep playing with 2000 ping russians, disabled child

>harassing women
that's a good thing. women need to fuck off from video games.

A game with way inferior graphics, lighting and framerate than even the original will never be the definitive version.

>dark souls online with mobile internet
like it wasnt laggy enough already

imagine being so insecure about your ability to get your point across that you attack people for hitting enter to separate thoughts/statements. kys. not even the user you were talking to, but you're a huge faggot.

Higher playerbase sure but that doesn't mean it has the definitive version of the game. The pc version will have better graphical options, higher resolutions.

You're pointing out that there are other factors that affect people's purchasing decisions. Like console fighting games for the player base. Same goes for why people buy switch versions of multiplats despite not being the best version.

>got that already on a laptop
>playing your laptop in public

LMAO

Yeah no.

>playing switch in public

LMAO

Fuck you idiot

is that you Doctre?

youtube.com/watch?v=yExnEmyqAhU

The numbers on most online multiplats are way way lower on PC.

FUCK YOU CONSOLE PLEBEIAN PC = MASTER RACE
GABE = GOD
CINEMATIC 30FPS LOLOLOL

>portability
>darksouls

No user, if it was

>portability
>Game is CRPG based

Then that point would be a boon.

>meh, this is nothing like kirby or zelda
The "community" will be dead in weeks, pc is where its at

I have already played the definitive version

NintenChildrens doesn't buy multiplats games.

They only buy 12 yo focused games like Mario and Zelda.

Screencap this faggot, Dark souls on Switch will be forgotten.

Switch only have portability and nothing else.

What about hate mails?
Adding D/Cs to steam groups?

Yeah switch have none.

Celeste sold most on Switch got any more shitposts? Dumb Sonygro. Destroy your PS4 as punishment

When will the switch get new games instead of endless ports?

Switchfags are almost as dillusional as Ouyafags.

Why does that matter?
The game is on anything and you can run it on a 15 year old desktop.

Why do you think it sold more on The Switch.

The definitive version was the shitty PS3 version for one reason:
>Discovery.
The games live and die for the brief period of growth from release. The true Dark Souls 1 experience is long gone and everything thereafter in regards to the game will simply be a shadow.

>Blight Town on Switch

>What about hate mails?
This is why I’m hesitating on Dark Souls switch. Being able to message faggots on my PS3 was part of the fun and it seems like there’s no way to do that on this console.

gamespot.com/articles/celeste-is-selling-better-on-switch-than-ps4-xbox-/1100-6456585/

>"Multiplats don't sell on Switch"
>umm yes they do sweetie here's proof
>THAT DOESN'T COUNT YOU CAN RUN THAT ON ANYTHING

No games.

Why are Switch faggots so fucking delusional?

>B-But look at this indie game!1

Fucking sad

Well I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, other than your definition of definitive version.

All I'm saying you can't call PC the definitive version for every game just because of the graphics, because there are so many other things as you pointed out

>game that talks about abortion and is made by a tranny sold more on the numale console
>b....but LOOK!!!
pathetic

If a grown man watches children's cartoons and wants to fuck them and marry them, he's delusional.
If a grown man plays with action figures, he's delusional.
If a grown man wants to play the bing-bing-wahooer (or any videogames for that matter) all day, he's delusional.
It's almost like carrying childhood baggage into adulthood because you're literally afraid to grow up while you obsessively jerk off all day makes you a weird autistic.

>game that talks about abortion
False
>and is made by a tranny
False

Sonysoyniggas are getting so FUCKING desperate. Don't you have any cinematic remasters to watch right now?

You just want to Undead Burg some children.

>namefag
>nintendo cultist
>console warrior
Imagine being this person

You are delusional to think a game that runs at 720p, barely 25fps with a casual fanbase will be the "definitive" version.

Buying this on PC and Switch, very hype.

check out this fucking guy

It talks about abortion and depression. Things numales and casul women are obsessed.
And it also was made by a tranny.
Don't lie.

Consolewar fags kys.

Serves you right that you can't actually enjoy anything other than arguing about who has the worst console

>it's still a comforting travel companion
Not really. There are games designed with portability in mind and Dark Souls is not one of them. You're supposed to play for hours on end and be fully immersed. Playing it in public on a tiny screen with shit audio and diminished graphics will not improve the experience in any way.

>Skewing younger on Switch
Wrong. Nintendo's own eshop user data reveals that the typical Switch owner is a 25-35 year old male.

This 2bh. The PC version is fine if you want to replay it years after the fact, but if you didn't play it on PS3/360 you will NEVER experience the real Dark Souls.

>console plebeian = Master race
Gabe = some monopoly fatso who it’s literally killing the industry
30fps = vanilla as fuck

resetera.com/threads/prediction-dark-souls-switch-will-be-the-definitive-version.21685/

Is this going to be on an entirely new engine or are we gwtting another shitty "hd remaster" with a shitty pc port?

Nobody cares about indie shit the switch doesn’t have games that your only games are indie trash hahahababaa

and you can't call the nintendo switch version definitve, since the players will all be much younger and almost too young to afford or even be allowed to get the game. how you know the playerbase is bigger than for BB, DaS and DeS at time of release on consoles and DaS for PC? Do you think there was hackers everywhere first release week? I don't think so.

Pathetic. And to think this retards browse and post here.

Not him, but it's actually true. I remember when the PC community brought it to 60fps it would cause some jumps to fail because the game wasn't meant to run at that speed. I'm sure it looks nice though.

fwiw, I'll probably be getting the Switch version because I already have a working console version which looks just fine.

Unless around release it's revealed the Switch release is shit, then I'll just skip it all together and stick with the PS3 version. I really wanted DeS remastered on the PS4, not DS.

That's because From doesn't know how to make good performance.

This.
Whatever is the first platform for these games is the ultimate experience. If it's a simultaneous release, PC, unless it's a fighting game, then PlayStation.

I wasn't the one calling switch the definitive version. Still going to by it on the switch for portability, never cared for the multiplayer

I’m buying it on Switch, you’re a faggot. I would like 60, but I’m used to 30 for DaS and want portability.

>actually console waring in 2018
Jesus Christ, how do you live with your self?

>It talks about abortion and depression.
literal fake news

Can I quote you the next time a ps4 game runs at 30fps?

>tfw want to buy it on PC, Switch and PS4 so I can play in bed, mod eventually, and play with my friends on PS4
Its a tough choice, but I'll probably go with the friends option. Nothing like fight club in a new souls game!

Every multiplat's difinitive version is now the switch version. It's fucking portable, big name, triple A games.

All this while PCfats/PS4idiots/Xboners are stuck to their fat chairs eating doritos, just like they have been for the past 20 years.

If you're not buying all your multiplats on switch, you're literally not a video game enthusiast anymore.

>Pc will have the definitive version of any multiplat. Always.
>dead multiplayer
>ports that are shitty because the devs don't care about the PC version
>always the best multiplat version
lmao

I'd say PC versions are normally definitive because it opens the game up to being modded and fucked with by the community to create a more stable game. So let take the fighting game example, it would always be smarter to run a tournament through a high end pc than a console. If the game is a terrible port the community often fixes those issues or the game was never popular to begin with.

The sad thing is this bait isn't even far from what From has done in the past. BB still has no Pro patch to fix its fps drops and remove the fucked frame pacing that is only there because of the inconsistent fps.

Stop fucking copy pasting threads from RESETERA. This is fucking stupid.

>definitve version in 480p/20 fps

I'm looking forward to all the Nintendo fans crying when they learn Dark Souls doesn't pause when they put the Switch into sleep mode

A "shitty" PC port is still better than the console version. Even fucking famously bad ones like Arkham Knight were only shit on so much because they only performed AS well as the console version, which isn't acceptable on PC. And it was still the best version of the game since you could run it in a much higher resolution.

(you)

I’m hoping for some pictures of smashed Switches after people rage

Or maybe a lot of people dont want to pay more for a game that looks and runs like shit so they can play in bed from time to time with a 2 hour battery life

premium, well written bait OP. this board doesnt deserve it. enjoy the (you)

would be cool if you could draw your own summon signs on the switch.

We doesn't need new game because true nitendo fans didn't buy the shitty WiiU or any other consoles. So ports are literally new games to us.

I can definitely raise your argument, but I see it as being a lot more skewed. The switch has the conveinence, but it also just isn't as popular as the rest. The switch is ultimately very niche in it's player base when stacked against PS4 and Xbox. PC is also very relevant, but in a pure numbers game, it isn't as big. I feel like it will be a pretty even distribution based on the number of players on their respective platforms.

>I can't stand to see anything but white people in a game developed in japan