Anyone else who doesn't like where videogames are heading?

- more cinematic games with less and less challenge
- more bloated games with lots of repetition to make the game seem longer than it really is
- more DLC so that publishers can charge twice the price for the same content
- more focus towards the casual market which is huge
- more focus on mobile and less on dedicated systems

Am I the only one who see a bleak future of videogames?

What is this, 2007?

The second one is the only one that is really relevant anymore

>more bloated games with lots of repetition to make the game seem longer than it really is
Implying all this platforming arcade shit wasn't like that even 30 years ago.

>heading
we've been here for quite some time

>heading
I barely care about crap which gets released nowadays. I maybe care about 2 or 3 releases per year, half of them autism simulators like Factorio.

the future does seem bleak, but there's still some good games coming out, mostly from Japan now as the West has mostly lost its way

consoles and voice acting are killing RPGs, my favorite genre
devs should just wisen up and stop making games/choices for people who don't play games
hope Cain and Boyarsky are cooking something great up, if they buckle under pressure from non-gamers I can count gaming as dead

Divinity's success on consoles is basically the main reason isometric rpgs got sorta revival

Same thing happened to movies
Same thing happened to rock n roll
Same thing happened to the internet

Masses come in, it becomes a corporate interest, it dies, or at least it becomes something different from what it originally was. The kind of people that made the thing in the first place leave and make some other cool thing, the cycle repeats.

>are heading
They've been moving in this direction for a long time.

I see a bleak future for the world. Our society is either degenerating into religious zealotry over progressiveness or degenerating into religious zealotry against it. The political climate is becoming so polarized that soon the two sides will be completely unable to reconcile differences and our nation will essentially be plunged into a "Civil Cold War". I mean, there already HAS been violence in the streets over it. The number of mass shootings is increasing by the day and nobody is doing a thing because mental healthcare still has a backwards stigma around it. And assuming we haven't all killed each other by then, in the next 60 years climate change is going to kill swathes of the population, or you know, the whole population if things get bad enough.

So do I see a bleak future for video games?

Yes, yes I do.

user...easy on the fearmonger news outlets

I don't watch any news outlets. I'm just not willfully ignorant.

choke on your bread and circus you absolute faggot

You just described video games the past decade. We're not heading there, we're already there.
Why do you think people say 2007 was such a great year for video games? Because it was the year when video games truly became mainstream, and because of that companies have shifted focus.

Nah you’re just a fag it seems. People have thought what you have for thousands of years yet the globe is still spinning

It’s just extremist being shitheads, they’ll eventually get tired of kicking and screaming

Literally been heading that way since mid/late 6th gen.
Western AAA games are complete shit now. Just do your research and only play what you want, don't play what's popular. Support the Japanese and indie devs who are at least still trying to make good games.

>Anyone else who doesn't like where videogames are heading?

>Hello Sup Forums - Video Games! First time posting here btw

>muh mental healthcare

The last point is truer today than it has ever been

>- more cinematic games with less and less challenge
>- more bloated games with lots of repetition to make the game seem longer than it really is
>- more DLC so that publishers can charge twice the price for the same content
>- more focus towards the casual market which is huge
Thank Sony

>autism simulators
user, factorio and such games are min/max simulators. Autism is way more like following a rule, mostly a self made one, that are non negletable.

post more of THAT

>climate change