Is the accessibility meme going to kill gaming off once and for all?

Is the accessibility meme going to kill gaming off once and for all?

After Cuphead (the dark souls of cartoons) I have seen so many games with "accessibility modes" two high profile ones of late are Celeste which has god mode built in and lets you just skip through the game never dying and barely playing, and now God of War which lets you skip bosses. And seeing Journos write about how Wolfenstein 2 shouldnt have hard modes cause it makes people feel left out.

Eventually developers will stop bothering to make games challenging or engaging when the normies just want slightly interactive movies that PRESS X TO WIN.

From a cost perspective it takes time and money to make hard modes or even take the time to make an engaging game, which the majority dont seem to want all for the sake of "accessibility"

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerant.com/god-of-war-boss-fights-optional/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>And seeing Journos write about how Wolfenstein 2 shouldnt have hard modes cause it makes people feel left out
I won't name the podcast but I heard people complain about it being too hard on the hard difficulty. They said that killing nazis should be a power fantasy so terror billy should've been much stronger (even through he's weak for narrative reasons). Fucking games journalists...

No.

I see this being another exaggerated doomsday theory that you little memesters like to rehash daily for threads.

RTS isn't getting any easier, competitive gaming will always exist. If you haven't given up on AAA gaming then quit fucking buying them. You'll be happier finding niches.

Remember user, I could bury your house in annual releases. It's ignorant to assume none of them are good.

There was a god mode in the original doom, but I don't expect modern Sup Forums to be old enough to have played it.

I think you'd better name the podcast user, pulling things out of your ass doesn't count.

Have you ever heard of cheat codes, user?

The niche indies are pushing the accessibility shit just as hard. And you are looking at things now, when this is the mainstream think of how every game will be with easy/god modes baked into the core game experience, with no other difficulty options.

and Sup Forums was right about feminism and we wuz taking over gaming, which they have.

Every game has accessibility features. This includes difficulty levels, cheats, input assistance (especially controller-friendly games).
Just because some games decided to drop hard difficulty levels doesn't mean the whole industry is going to shit itself.

I play 4x, RTS and a couple of shooters and I haven't seen this anywhere user. Maybe it's harder to do in a game you expect people to play competitively

>God of War let's you skip bosses
No, it doesn't. That's not what "optional bosses" means and it never has. No one has ever shit on optional bosses for being "bosses you don't have to beat" and you're not going to start now.

Well games take millions of sheckles to make, so they need everyone and their grandma to be a possible comsumer. This is what you faggots get for valuing 4k ass hair over a good game.

Games are already way easier than they used to be, I dont think anyone can deny this.

Hard modes now = The Normal modes of yesteryear.

When those are gone and games get even easier, why bother playing, there will literally be no challenge at all. Might as well watch a movie.

Just don't play easy games, then. Speak with your wallet and let companies know that they don't want games to be dumb and simple.

Go read the articles on GoW bosses. Its not talking about hidden optional superbosses you can go fight. Thats not what they mean when they say optional.

Literally every bossfight in the main story you can skip with a button.

Name 5 difficult mainstream or popular indie games from the last two years

I used to see where you are coming from but then I started working in a group home for the disabled and now I really think all games should have a handicap mode. This one guy I work with loves video games and he had a job and buys a lot of them with his own money, but he sucks at them horrendously. He just doesn't have the hand the coordination, and he never will, he's been playing games for longer than most of us. He's not capable of gitting gud, but does that mean his money should be wasted? That his only game should be stuff that's made for literal babies? He makes his money, he buys his games, all he wants to do is be able to play them and have fun. The Nintendo games have been really good for him, the ones with golden leafs and stuff, things I shit on mercilessly before, and I can play with him and i don't have to use them and we can have fun together.

It's easy to shit on this stuff if you've never been with someone who truly needs it, but for them it's like a while New world is opening up, and if you don't like that because it hurts your pride or ego as a video game enthusiast or whatever, you really are an asshole. A true asshole.

gamerant.com/god-of-war-boss-fights-optional/amp/

No, they asked if there were optional bosses and barlog said yes. No one ever said you could skip every boss with a button, stop getting yourself worked up.

Pretty much every game until 2005 had cheat codes, but like you said, average Sup Forums user is way too young to remember this.

Autistic hardcore fans vs cinematic casuals are always fun to watch fighting..
Chad players enjoy fun games that require skills and intelligence without becoming a chore or needing learning outside the game: deus ex,dawn of war,hitman b&m ,swat4,prey etc

>optional modes are bad

>4x
Then surely you've played Civ 6, which has the worst set of leaders in the whole series in the name of "muh diversity"

Quality comment.

Ok but why isnt easy mode an option anymore, that would work fine and not intrude on the gameplay for everyone else.

Doesnt make sense to fuck it up for everyone for 0.05% of the population

>game has now easy mod
>devs wont be pussies anymore on normal and hard difficulty since these faggots have their own gay difficulty now
hows this bad m8?

What's the difference between easy and handicap modes if you're not going to use either of them? You're not going to like this but sometimes even easy mode is too hard for these guys. They're just not able to do it no matter how much they practice. Their brains and bodies just don't work like that.

The thing is, the people who ask for retard modes won't play the game anyway so all it really does is cheapen the experience
Why should i put effort into killing this boss when the developer says i can just skip it and see what happens next

This. You faggots love your selective memory and blowing things out of proportion, but a great deal of games in the past had options, cheats or mechanics to make them easier. Of course I don't approve of shit like skipping bosses because that's the other extreme, but there's nothing wrong with providing options to less skilled players.

OP you fucking retard, you got tricked by that dumb thread. DO ACTUAL RESEARCH INSTEAD OF TAKING MEMES SERIOUSLY HOLY SHIT YOU ARE MASSIVELY FUCKING STUPID.

Honestly I feel like most of these are in reality mades made for game journalists.

No one wants to be attacked by soy boys like cuphead was.