Are there any essential mods for a first playthrough?

are there any essential mods for a first playthrough?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ss_OzAvG1gM
youtube.com/watch?v=p9FGDzz9ZoQ
obse.silverlock.org/download/obse_loader.zip
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45576/
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/29942/
pastebin.com/75fzM5te
demwaifus.blogspot.com/search/label/Oblivion
youtube.com/watch?v=O8jvGEg_67U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Skyrim

youtube.com/watch?v=ss_OzAvG1gM

I guess this is considered a mod: get the unofficial patch(s)

the low framerate, the song, the comic sans and windows movie maker all come together in this to create something really beautiful

Just finished modding that today. What a fucking trial.
Well, can't say I completely did, because now I have to manually correct the merged patch.

when did you start modding it? 2006?

No. Just download the patches that fix all the quest bugs and enjoy.

no graphical mods?

Mods are the only thing to make this game even worth giving a try,
but you'll probably spend more time on modding than actually playing it.

Bugfixes and that's it.
>playing modded the 1st time
Never ever do that unless it's all performance and bug fixes mods.

Something to fix the level scaling and maybe a UI mod

Game still looks pretty, enjoy it for what it is.
It will be the least of your concerns in this game.
Be happy you're able to run it smoothly unlike those who played it on release.

the uninstall wizard

>not posting the best vehicle mod
youtube.com/watch?v=p9FGDzz9ZoQ

LAPF

Oblivion Character Overhaul is a necessity
And Mannimarco Revisited is Strong advised

A week ago.

Level scaling
Darnified UI
Oblivion Character Overhaul
Enhanced Camera
Mods that let you look out of windows and places chimney's with smoke
Better Cities
AFK Weye is a personal favourite of mine. Can turn a pointless one house "town" into something worthwhile. Multiple quest lines, good shit.

My Oblivion load order is fairly long but I can't think of any others off it right now. Also Oblivion is the biggest pain in the ass to mod.

>The video maker has wolf penises modded in

Unique Landscapes is cool.

Also Oblivion is fucking butt ugly vanilla, OP. Install Qarl's texture pack and Oblivion Character Overhaul v2. Don't listen to yhat other user. He has been blinded by nostalgia. Fuck, even default morrowind looks better than default oblivion.
For scaling, I suggest for you to use oblivion level list unclusterfucked.

>Also Oblivion is fucking butt ugly vanilla
What are you, twelve?
It still looks very fine.

No, Oblivion is twelve.

better faces mod is almost essential for Oblivion, tho. unless you like looking at fugly potato faces

If I was 12, don't you think I'd say morrowind would look bad too? Morrowind managed to have better faces, better water, and some better animations out of the fucking box.

The impact of poorly-implemented stuff is massively overblown by spergs. During your first playthrough, you won't probably even notice anything really annoying. Anyway, if game will get too difficult just use the difficulty slider.

>All of this insignifcant crap like transparent windows, functioning chimneys and other such pointless crap

This is why people complain about constant crashes. They install shitloads of mods that barely change anything then the game can't deal with all the meaningless crap that they probably won't even notice that they shoved into their mod folder.

Just get Quarl's Texture pack, the character overhaul to make everyone not a potato, a mod for fixing the trees/flora, and a couple of other vital visual mods. No need to get so fucking pedantic about fucking chimneys that you literally won't even look at while you're running around playing the game.

That interior window mod is really comfy though, you're really missing out.
In fact, I had more issues installing the body mod, OCO2, and all that other shit versus the very simple immersive interiors.

Oblivion is pig ugly
>bethesda actually thought this was a good promo shot
at least they're honest

Bargonian race mod

What's supposed to be powering that thing? Normally mods like that put a piece of Dwemer machinery or something magic-looking on the vehicle, but I don't see anything like that here.

>Level scaling
That's a little vague, don't you think?

>Better Cities
Major FPS killer. I don't recommend it at all, much less for a first playthrough.

I agree with you for the most part, but I do think the faces look bad.

Not so sure if this is necessary for a first playthrough, but Oblivion XP makes it so that you gain experience and level up skills more like a traditional RPG.

It's generally considered to be better than the convoluted leveling system that's in default Oblivion that makes it so that the skills you use the most are better off being "minor" skills instead of "major" skills.

It also rewards experience for reading books, collecting herbs, eating herbs, stealing items, exploring new locations, and other miscellaneous activities. My first playthrough was really short because I just rushed through the main quest, but these experience incentives gave me a reason to stop and smell the flowers and appreciate the lore and other work that went into the game.

That honestly looks decent for when it was shown, most early 7th gen titles haven't aged well visually

Go to 8Ch's /tes/ board and to the sticky, you'll find what you need there.
But it's basically, shitloads of fixes, .ini tweaks and the stuff for streamlining the FPS with the 4Gb unlocker, and the use of streamline and the TESFPS mod.

Also, fixes for PC to NPC mods, animation fixes, conversation fixes, the texture fix for the Deadlands meat sacks, sunlight damage effect fix, restoration of the Shadoew spell effect through the sneaking mod, unnoficial patches- and a shitload more.

Dynamic levelled lists is what you want to unshit the level scaling and take control of it.
You also need TESModmanager, Wyre Bash, LOOT, that other Mod manager that lets you handle things in profiles, TES4Edit for cleaning mods.

Are there any good mods for playing in third-person? I'm kind of reluctant to go back to first-person after playing Dragon's Dogma for the past month.

>at least they're honest
go away, todd

My pirated version can't use OSBE, I have to get another..sucks.

>that other Mod manager that lets you handle things in profiles
You mean Mod Organizer.

I agree with the recommendation to use it, but you should also be aware that most Oblivion mods work best when you install them with the old Oblivion Mod Manager. This isn't a big problem, though. All you have to do is run Oblivion Mod Manager through Mod Organizer the same way you'd run Wrye Bash or TES4Edit and install the mod. That'll put the mod into Mod Organizer's "overwrite" folder, and you can then tell MO to make what's in the overwrite folder into a mod you can put in MO's left pane. It's easier than it sounds.

I would recommend
-OBSE_EnhancedCamera(and thereby OBSE)
-Colored map icons
-Unofficial Patch
And remember: Don't actually make your major skills all the skills you use, only those that need levels to start working.
If you put Alchemy or Smithing as a major skill, you fucked up, bad. Because the skills simply level too fast.
Beyond that, most mods are small things that do not alter enough.

just get the gog version
you dumb?

Lop Ears Elf

I am.

enb

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is pretty much required for the game to not be utter shit.

OOO is very overrated and includes a ton of stuff that not everyone wants. It's also an *extremely* bad idea for someone to use it on their very first playthrough.

GET EVERY ANTI-CRASH AND MEMORY MANAGER YOU CAN

This game is an absolute piece of shit when it comes to memory management and it WILL run out and crash after like an hour of playing if you have more than a few mods. How much RAM you have doesn't matter because this piece of shit only uses like 2GB. I'm talking NVAC, ENBoost, and the Stutter Remover, and maybe some other stuff. You'll need to fuck around in ini files too.

There should be a fix for it out there on the OBSE page.

>Current Stable Version: v0021

>Latest loader: obse.silverlock.org/download/obse_loader.zip -- USE THIS WITH THE GOG VERSION

uninstall.exe

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45576/

nuska's oblivion character overhaul

Appreciate it.

FCOM is absolutely essential to add variety and unfuck the level scaling.

The Immersive Redux Ultimate Uninstaller Complation (v 2-5.573)

No matter what you do, the game will still look and feel like a game from 2006.

This helps but the game still has literally no memory management so all you're doing is buying more time until it crashes.

>

Fast exit
Enhanced camera
stutter remover
unofficial patches
DarNifiedUI
also play around with the difficulty slider because level scaling is fucked

Still hoping for a response on this.

ALWAYS get the unofficial patches, ALWAYS.
Darnified UI
OblivionXP
FCOM (beware, this is a huge task unless you follow all the instructions well)
Magic mod of your choosing, Midas' Magic is popular
Any mods that increase compatibility with new systems ie 4gb patches, script extender, streamline(?), stutter remover, BOSS etc
More natural faces mod/mods, comes down to your own preference and if you want animu hair
Better cities is a maybe, changes a ton and could have a huge impact on fps even on modern systems
Archeologist guild mod
Quest item leveler
Natural Landscapes
Tamriel Travelers (if that's the correct name, adds wandering npc's)
ENB can make or break the looks of your game

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/29942/
this?

Just use Squiggum's guide, it has literally everything you need.

pastebin.com/75fzM5te

Could work. Thanks.

>OblivionXP
Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to radically change the game on the first playthrough, and I like the TES system of skills leveling up with use instead of generic XP. If it's your first playthrough and your first experience with the TES system, I'd recommend trying it first and seeing if you like it.

>FCOM
Again, not a great idea to add or change a ton of stuff the first time through.

>Better cities is a maybe, changes a ton and could have a huge impact on fps even on modern systems
There's no question about it: It *will* have a huge impact on FPS, no matter what kind of system you have.

>Archeologist guild mod
The actual name is The Lost Spires, I believe.

>Level scaling
>Darnified UI
these two are ESSENTIAL the level scaling is cancer and the UI is even more cancer as it is a console UI

>horse cock and wolf cock
Do you think they were trying to rape him?

demwaifus.blogspot.com/search/label/Oblivion

upvoted :)

Maybe better cities mod, seems like a good one.

As long as you don't mind dropping to 25 FPS all the time.

>tfw no anime oblivion modders exist in this world anymore

People saying "uninstall.exe" should at least consider playing Nehrim first.

What the hell, apart from the armor and it's textures that almost looks like a modded skyrim

Because people who like to blur the hell out of their game migrated to Oblivion with such mods.

Know the mods to get the character to look like that? I could do without the ENB and the obnoxious DOF.

we've been saying it a billion times OCO

I like TES leveling in morrowind, but with the changes with level scaling, training, the bonuses, and other shit it's just so bad in Oblivion. It's like a mandatory autism simulator. Oblivion XP makes the pain all go away

I'd rather just get a mod to fix the level scaling. Not to remove it, just to fix it.

>oblivion level list unclusterfucked
I was actually kind of surprised to find that's the mod's real name. Well, it's actually Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked, but you get the point.

literally terrible mod list

This mod is actually really cool and whoever made it is some kind of elder programmer.

OOO is absolute trash. Do not listen to this man. If you want to fix Oblivion and its level scaling, the best option today is Oblivion Scaling Unclusterfucked.

>OOO is trash
When did this meme start?

Literally just don't. All Elder Scrolls games have aged terribly, but Oblivion had the disadvantage of being an absolute trash game to begin with.

Quests were generally better than any other TES game, but every other aspect of it was the lowpoint of the series. I got nostalgia memed into playing it again, and even after getting hyped and setting mods up for over an hour I couldn't even push myself through the first dungeon. Save yourself the time and play anything else.

ten years ago

It's literally memetrash that's barely a level above this. OOO is just garbage, and any parts that you think are 'salvageable' are better done by other mods.

>it's bad because I say so
>is the only mod that makes oblivion actually interesting to play and has been considered basically mandatory for modding for a decade

>>is the only mod that makes oblivion actually interesting to play
This is subjective as fuck you realize.
>and has been considered basically mandatory for modding for a decade
But like I said, this "meme" has been going since the mod came out. It's not mandatory any more than FCOM memers would have you believe.

>has been considered basically mandatory for modding for a decade
No it hasn't.

>all those unsupported claims
Tons of mods make Oblivion interesting; OOO shits all over Oblivion adding tons of random shit because it's "epic" without any thought to how it fits together or whether or not it should even be in TES. OOO makes Oblivion even more of a generic fantasy trashbin that's even less worth playing.

Just wait for the Skyrim Oblivion Mod it should be out this year.

Sorry but OOO is shit for a number of game breaking reasons, and it's latest version Warcry is an even worse version of it.

Trust me, when it comes to the components of FCOM, a good chunk of that awful package is completely negligible in the face of actually keeping the game consistent. It's popular because it does do a lot of things yes, but it is incredibly shallow and is praised because it is content without context or substance.

It's undead are excellent though- there are some that you'd want to disable and I highly praise the unique encounters with their weapons, but some of the stuff it adds is immersion breaking.

Play the game and then determine for yourself what needs to be modded.

people have been saying that for 5 years

new trailer just came out and they even have bethesdas blessing
youtube.com/watch?v=O8jvGEg_67U

uninstall.exe