Open world meme claims another

youtube.com/watch?v=6YURWMKFOLo
Holy shit, the map in this looks absolutely awful. So much dead empty space with nothing going on. Is there anyone here that is actually still looking forward to this trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GNTGudpTgnc
youtube.com/watch?v=Wo87GrdnqP4
youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY
youtu.be/7klTnplcSNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d3XJHDkI7cE
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ7qwuw49jA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9FH7nRVdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>20 minutes of Cao Cao running.
What. The. Fuck

gooks are subhuman

Even in non open world games it's always been empty

So this isn't a big deal

They were trying to show off the size of the map, but all it did was make me lose what little interest I had left in it. The world just looks needlessly big and completely static. I don't know why Koei even bothered making this?

I already found Musou maps empty and really uncanny on the sense of scale but this is really something else.

Cao Cao can run through china in 20 minutes. How can Shufags even compete?

speak for yourself, I am positively hyped not despite the empty world, but because of it

I don't know, I'm a Wufag

Almost 3 hour long video.
youtube.com/watch?v=GNTGudpTgnc
This looks bad, even by musou standards. I hope for their sake, Koei didn't sink too much money into this.

>27m30s
>dude says he's barely able to see what he's picking up because framerate stutters so bad
>framerate actually looks like stable 30fps at that exact moment
???

This actually could be really cool when we get the Empires version.

Why are you trying so hard to shit on DW? No one gives a shit about it already, it's not gonna become the meme game.

>running around empty mazes until you find an enemy group vs running around empty world until you find an enemy group
Well this improved nothing, besides adding the new best girl.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm genuinely disappointed in this. There are so many ways that Koei could have tried to improve the current formula. Why did they think that what everyone wanted was some big empty open world with a bunch of tedious mmo tier fetch quests? Even the battles look worse this time around.

Never take these games seriously, sure it would be great to enjoy this new formulae, but that's pretty much going to be it. Expect 20 more of the same environment in these games before they decide upgrading again.

Also still no camp logistics / seige warfare.

Horses are now even more mandatory.

Supposedly there is fast travel, but someone claimed that it was DLC. That does sound like straight up shitposting though, so I won't believe it until I see it.

The stories so far look alright at least. Will definitely play for that. Helps that Dong Bai actually looks like she's gonna have a personality compared to most of the adds from DW8

Every fucking game, since DW1

Reminds me also of Mount and Blade. Ai will fucking run into walls.

Hope the DLC is playable on day 1. She's literally the only thing I want from this game.

At least the slutwear is looking good. So much for it being toned down for the Chinks.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wo87GrdnqP4

DW1 was a fighting game.

You, just like most ITT, are ignorant of the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=l59cg62wqpY

The problem IS the current formula. DW 6-8 are junk in comparison to SW or DW 2-5. Go back to that setup and we are golden.

They really are slutting up Lu Bu's daughteru

I don't care about the opinions of Youtubers struggling to get ad pennies or reviewers who can't even complete a game on the easiest difficulty level.
I've managed to enjoy even the worst entries in the DW series, so yeah, I'm still looking forward to the new game, especially the downtime you get to wear your civilian clothing

Deep down she was always a slut.
Even though eagg will pretend otherwise

I remember seeing a seige on one of the videos with an actual breaching tower.
I can't find it tho.

shufags btfo, will they ever recover?

Well you cant be wearing those arm braces without being a slut. That's like the general rule, along with chokers and ankle bracelets.

DW1 isn't even part of the series.

There are some prebattle strategies similar to Empires. Also I think some side mission involve you sabotaging stuff to make missions easier.

Yeah it isnt. That's why the Japanese versions are one number title behind the western releases. They count DW2 as the first part of the series.

1h40m actually, he sped up the video at parts.

The open world feels comfy imo
youtu.be/7klTnplcSNQ
I've always wanted more of that free foam shit from Ambition mode in DW8

That said, they didnt need to make the open world so damn big though.

There's also an optional where you can get Zhang Fei's army drunk in the Lu Bu campaign.

>DW 2-5
All I miss is having more direct control over my attacks, what they do and when.
And because everyone followed a similar flow chart, using different characters wasn't a pain.
>Zhang Fei's army drunk
>not Zhang Fei
>his whole fucking ARMY

Any videos of Chibi yet? I have a hard time believing that it's worse than in 8.

It's disappointing, but no. It's not worse than 8. 8's was a literal straight line.

I can only find a short clip of Chibi but not the battle itself
youtube.com/watch?v=d3XJHDkI7cE

Who's this cutie?

Dong Zhuo's grand daughter.

>It's disappointing
Damn.
>It's not worse than 8
Well, at least that's something.
The pre battle area is looking good at least.

His grand daughter

>Holy shit, the map in this looks absolutely awful. So much dead empty space with nothing going on.
So just like any any other DW games?

where the fuck were you two months ago, this is old fucking news

I hope the game lets you move the camera for upskirts, her dress is great.

Fat fuck actually looks fun to play now. Cant wait to see his grand daughter trying to use the ball and chain too since they share the same weapon

youtube.com/watch?v=jJ7qwuw49jA

>Storywise this one looks like the best one yet, with tons of events for every officer and no more retarded shit like 4 years old Sun Ce fighting alongside his father and 4 hours cutscenes compared to 3 hours total in DW7-8.
>Instead of maps filled with empty hallways and rectangles, we get an actual map of China with multiple objectives and goals that rewards us with more scenes or make the main goal easier, which you can tackle at any point in case you wanna rush a character story in case you dont like playing as him.
>100+ hours stories + free mode vs 20 hours kingdoms + Ambition/Conquest mode from previous entries + free mode, on par or even better than previous entries in the series which are highly regarded.
>First Chinese dub in the series
>OST still sounds good as always so far, if it reaches DW7/DW8/DW4 remains to be seen
>waifu game is at its strongest point and designs are overall some of the best in the series.
>people are still shitposting

The only things that suck so far are the clones, ubisoft crafting/towers (which looks optional unless you wanna tackle Chaos) and DLC practises, and this comes from a series veteran.

>Ambition/Conquest mode with this map
Ok now i'm sold.

user, wait for Empires. That was just a comparison between DW9 and DW8/DW7

>Storywise this one looks like the best one yet, with tons of events for every officer and no more retarded shit like 4 years old Sun Ce fighting alongside his father and 4 hours cutscenes compared to 3 hours total in DW7-8.
Hype somewhat restored. I'll be honest, I play DW more for the setting and characters, the gameplay has never been THAT good. So if this somehow manages to give more background to everyone, then I may still enjoy it. Shame, the huge map still looks like shit though.

The whole game actually feels like it was built from DW8's Ambition mode. But instead of selecting battles from a menu, you actually travel there yourself. You can also invite other officers to your house and raise affinity with them.
That and thank fully free mode is in, in case you wanna have Lu Bu to be fighting in Yiling

I am
Can't wait to play it.

Expand Dong.

You basically have Sun Jian, Huang Gai, Cheng Pu and Han Dang instead of the Sun kids this time around for the first two chapters.

I'm glad that she's actually best girl as expected. Whole worth the damn wait.

>You can also invite other officers to your house
I can't wait. I hope it's not just a bland scene of shadows like the parties in Warriors Orochi

The preorder slutwear is pretty nice

youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9FH7nRVdY

>Sun Jian survives 2 chapters in 9
Still better than 8.

Koei introduced her as an NPC, but will she actually be playable?

Season pass has her and the other 3 characters as playable.

Playable if you buy the DLC.

Does she have her own moveset, or is she another fucking clone?

Does this have local multiplayer? This is a dealbreaker for me.

>ancient chinese gothic lolita with big boobs
Muh dick can only get harder.

Pretty sure it doesn't have coop of any kind, not even online.

Anything is preferable to musous

The the fuck did I just watch?

Unknown, but she uses same spike ball as her gramps so maybe.

Fuck this then, what's musou without a bro?

>Female characters audio fellate their fathers when they get a kill
What did Koei mean by this?

Because they've really been experimenting with various licensed games in trying out some Empires' features as well as new shit. Like someone said before all these big changes should REALLY come to fruition in DW9 Empires, not this game.

>>First Chinese dub in the series

Ah yes, finally I can HAO HAO people to death.

Who do you think recorded this? Can't be an intern and can't be the game producer. What poor soul had to endure this, because even fast forwarded this is the height of boredom. Game looks like trash because of the open world meme, can't argue that, it's a fact. But I feel horrible for the staff who had to record themselves playing this, goodness.

Screen tearing all over
THAT 20 frames per second
Copypaste nothing open world seen 1000 times before

just use the good old rubber band trick.

>not even the devs want to explore their shitty open world
The sad part is, I actually believe they did this.

Horses help but they can't move vertically and you want to glide and climb a lot in this game. You can travel to any Tower/Shrine in the game and the DLC offers a special warp that you can travel back too

I already spend 100s of hours on any musou game and now I have to fucking run from battle to battle? I don't have time for that shit. This won't do a damn thing better than any other open world game, should have just stuck with the core gameplay. If I turn on DW it's because I want to murder 1,000 people, not run across barren hills for twenty minutes. I have no idea who this appeals to. The only part of me interested in this game is my dick.

Hiro fix the fucking captcha

It was filmed by Dengeki Magazine's Playstation staff.

People who liked ambition mode and empires of course.

e

>he thinks DW3 and DW5 didn't have the best soundtracks
Fuck outta here, nigga.

Why on earth would you add the open world meme to a fucking Musou? It's like you're trying to make the most boring game in existence

god im surprised koei techmo is still a thing. have they made a single good game that isn't some spinoff hack and slash trash?

I can see what they were trying to do.
If the world was vibrant, it would be fucking awesome.

Nobunaga's Ambition
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
Nioh

They probably thought they could get a larger audience by doing what everyone else is doing right now. Sadly, the budget just obviously isn't there, and it comes off as amateurish and quickly thrown together. To make matters worse, the big changes may even end up turning away long time fans, and going by what I've read in other places, not even the nips seem to care for it.

I'm gonna roleplay the fuck out of this game, looking great so far

Oh, I guess Sup Forums suddenly cares about the honor and integrity of musous now. Wonder when that happened.

>The preorder slutwear
Where do I preorder?

>big boobs
nah

We've reached a point where the best musuo is a DQ spinoff that actually has good combat, good boss encounters and endgame.

Hyrule Warriors?

Not as good as DQ Heroes 1 and 2.

There's a DQ Heroes 2!?

>Senran Kagura falls for the open world meme and makes Senran Kagura an open world musou
>sets it in Akiba
>Akiba Tittyninja Strip
>this ain't even my final form yet. -t. akaki

That has always been the case though. And usually because they have bigger budgets from Bamco and Square Enix funding. Koei these days survive through crossovers because their own IPs sell so poorly

Yes and it improves on everything from the first. Also there's talks of a 3rd one in development.